XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, next week's DotW looks pretty good... marvel stuff in pinball fx2, xmen arcade and marvel v capcom 2 and add ons for 3. Too bad I already own ALL OF IT. >_< First time I've ever seen a dotw with all good stuff that I already own.

Also, wish there was a ms publisher sale to go with the fable heroes and dragon's lair... there are several games from that same time period I would love to see a sale on (joy ride turbo, SVC's, etc).

I already have LCGoL and have been wanting PA so I'll pick that up. Zombies MD looks okay so I'll probably pass.

For next week's DotW I'll grab whatever Pinball FX2 tables I don't have so at least Captain America. I'm not sure if I have the other two. And I already have MvC2 and X-Men.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']It's Dragon's Lair worth 400 points? I've never beaten it or seen the ending....or should I just youtube it? :p[/QUOTE]

Dragon's Lair has never been, and never will be a good "game". It's a novelty at best. If you need a tool to give your memory a little workout then it may have some value for you. If those 400 points are burning a hole in your pocket then pick it up, you'll satisfy your curiosity and earn some achievements in the process. Gameplay however is definitely not satisfying.

Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.

Dragon's Lair is terrible. I didn't have a bond with it in the arcades, though I was certainly an arcade gamer then. It's just a memorization game. You'll have a lot more fun playing Simon.

[quote name='ooga']Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah have seen this too, maybe longer promo for Fable Journey hum..anyway I should have waited then and maybe bought it in october with new xbox rewards options lol...

For the game itself I've been told that the game is much fun as long as you have friends to play with...(kinda Mario Party-style) question is..do you have friends? =P lol

If anyone wants a Fable Heroes review, here's mine! Lots of obvious room for improvement, but still a fun game with friends or family.

[quote name='xbox_man']does anybody know when this rockband sale ends[/QUOTE]

I can't even tell when your sentence ends (or begins) due to the lack of punctuation and capitalization.

[quote name='crunchewy']Dragon's Lair is terrible. I didn't have a bond with it in the arcades, though I was certainly an arcade gamer then. It's just a memorization game. You'll have a lot more fun playing Simon.[/QUOTE]

It's not for everybody, but I liked it in the arcade and liked it even better at home with unlimited continues and multiple Achievements to go after. My son has no nostalgia for the original version and yet he liked it too, probably because he enjoys cartoons.

[quote name='thenutman69321']I was thinking about buying Fable Heroes a couple weeks back, glad I waited.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I'll bite on it for 400.

Didn't see it mentioned, but Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 dropped to 1600 for the GoD version.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']..do you have friends? =P lol[/QUOTE]

With two small kids the answer is a resounding NO! :cry:

[quote name='ooga']With two small kids the answer is a resounding NO! :cry:[/QUOTE]

Aww, I like you okay. But heck, I play more games with my kids than anyone else. Automatic local co-op partners!

[quote name='eastx']I can't even tell when your sentence ends (or begins) due to the lack of punctuation and capitalization.[/QUOTE]

I LOLed.

Thanks for the Dragon's Lair info.

Not sure if it's been mentioned but when you boot up Rock Band 3 and go to the music store, they have an entire section for what's on sale. Which hilariously,when I exited the menu, won't let me back into the sales section.

edit: yeah lol. I rebooted the whole game and I still can't access the sale section. So dumb.

[quote name='eastx']Aww, I like you okay. But heck, I play more games with my kids than anyone else. Automatic local co-op partners![/QUOTE]

Mine are 6 and 2. The 6 year old is a girl so she's more interested in Wii dancing games than something like Gears of War. ;)

[quote name='ooga']Mine are 6 and 2. The 6 year old is a girl so she's more interested in Wii dancing games than something like Gears of War. ;)[/QUOTE]

Ah, my daughter is 5 so they're not that far apart. Wii dancing games? *cough* Kinect *cough* But seriously, mine enjoys a lot of Kinect stuff. We also run through beat-em-ups of all kinds (including Fable Heroes) and Skylanders together, but not M-rated games or shooters of course. Guess I'm lucky she caught that particular interest from me.

[quote name='eastx']Ah, my daughter is 5 so they're not that far apart. Wii dancing games? *cough* Kinect *cough* But seriously, mine enjoys a lot of Kinect stuff. We also run through beat-em-ups of all kinds (including Fable Heroes) and Skylanders together, but not M-rated games or shooters of course. Guess I'm lucky she caught that particular interest from me.[/QUOTE]

I've tried a few Kinect games with her. She liked Happy Action Theater. She didn't really care for Once Upon a Monster. I have Kinectimals and a Rabbids game in the backlog so we may try those. None of the above though is really fun for me, but I do enjoy playing games with her every now and then, so I'll take what I can get.
She is much more interested in her DS games and some Wii titles like Dancing games (just dance kids or something like that), Nickelodeon Fit, and Wii sports. Again, none of which is my cup of tea. I guess I can grab Fable Heroes and see what she thinks about it.
Hopefully, I can sway the boy to my kind of games before his sister brainwashes him *shudder*.

Couldn't find it mentioned, but as a tie-in to this sale there's a Rock Band Blitz goal that gives 160 msp for completing. Get it by earning 30 stars on any songs from the Blitz soundtrack. "while supplies last"

For those who haven't dabbled in the goals, you need to link your account to their facebook app.

[quote name='louiedog']Couldn't find it mentioned, but as a tie-in to this sale there's a Rock Band Blitz goal that gives 160 msp for completing. Get it by earning 30 stars on any songs from the Blitz soundtrack. "while supplies last"

For those who haven't dabbled in the goals, you need to link your account to their facebook app.[/QUOTE]
What's the Goal's name?

[quote name='eastx']Ah, my daughter is 5 so they're not that far apart. Wii dancing games? *cough* Kinect *cough* But seriously, mine enjoys a lot of Kinect stuff. We also run through beat-em-ups of all kinds (including Fable Heroes) and Skylanders together, but not M-rated games or shooters of course. Guess I'm lucky she caught that particular interest from me.[/QUOTE]
I have a 2 year-old son who is non-stop. Any recommendations for kinect games that could keep him busy for 20 minutes while I make dinner? Lol. Kid loves watching me play hard corps uprising though!

[quote name='shivan128']I have a 2 year-old son who is non-stop. Any recommendations for kinect games that could keep him busy for 20 minutes while I make dinner? Lol. Kid loves watching me play hard corps uprising though![/QUOTE]

Happy Action Theater. Balloon level is a good distraction for someone that young.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shivan128']I have a 2 year-old son who is non-stop. Any recommendations for kinect games that could keep him busy for 20 minutes while I make dinner? Lol. Kid loves watching me play hard corps uprising though![/QUOTE]

Double Fine Happy Action Theater. Simple, glorious playtime fun for kids without any of the kinect calibration or recognition annoyances. (edit: ninja'd by Ooga and Brother Daz. Make that 3 recommendations for DFHAT).

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Just saw XBLDB update with Rock Band stuff. It begins...

Also, the hell are we going to do about the OP this week? I mean I have free time but not THAT much free time, lol.

Gonna at least dig around to see what non-Rock Band stuff is on sale. Looking like RB DLC is the DotW..

Edit: Also, I don't remember if someone talked about wanting it released on XBLA in the past but the Killer Instinct trademark was just renewed by Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

FriskyTanuki made a full list of every Rock Band song on sale for the PSN thread, if you want to throw that in the OP. I would actually PM him and ask permission first, since I'm sure he sunk a bunch of time into that.

[quote name='Zonic505']S&S+ Scratch & Win updated. Avatar prop is the prize. Looks like it's Chinese Takeaway.

Losing deals:

- All Zombies Must Die! (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Puzzle Arcade (400 MSP, 50% off)
- Lara Craft & The Guardian of Light (600 MSP, 50% off)

Update: Coming to Xbox Live Marketplace blog posted.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, I'll grab AZMD. Glad I showed restraint when it was 560msp. Still waiting for Scarygirl to pop up in one of these random sales.

[quote name='ooga']Fable heroes on sale until October 15th?? Might as well just make it a price drop. Unless MajorNelson made a typo (happens all the time).
Is it even worth 400 points? Lots of hate for the game and I don't think I've seen 1 positive post about it thus far.[/QUOTE]

I had an enjoyable hour or so playing Fable Heroes with my brother. It's not great, but for 400msp I'd recommend it.

My 6 year old daughter has developed a fascination with Ms. Splosion Man and Splosion Man. It started just b/c she was pink and manic, but she will actually play the games for hours (lots of repeating the first few levels) and only very rarely ask for help. Not sure why but the whole package is just fascinating to her, the dancing, the comments she makes, the loading screens, the sploding, the bonus content, all of it. That grew into trying splosion man which, by all counts, is MUCH easier difficulty-wise. Other than those, she also loves lego pirates of the caribbean and has bouts with Toy Story 3 and The Fancy Pants Adventures.

+ another 1 for Happy Action Theater. It's great for kids and honestly as a 30 year old dad I think it's fun too. :D

My kids also love Once Upon a Monster and Kinectimals but with those you kind of need an adult playing with the kids if they're that young. But a 2 year old would have no problem playing DFHAT, you can put the rotation on auto and there's no input required, you just play. :)

I'll pick up Fable Heroes to play with the kids (boys, 3 and 5). I thought the demo was decent enough, and they both really enjoyed it. Next week I'll most likely get the Pinball FX2 Marvel Avengers table.

I can also vouch for Happy Action Theater being a good source of entertainment for the little ones (although my friend's kid got freaked out by the lava game).

[quote name='tylerh1701']FriskyTanuki made a full list of every Rock Band song on sale for the PSN thread, if you want to throw that in the OP. I would actually PM him and ask permission first, since I'm sure he sunk a bunch of time into that.
[/QUOTE]

Or one could copy/paste it from the announcement thread in the Rock Band forums.

link

There's also this PDF that they made which breaks the packs into prices and shows all of the singles. That could be linked to in the OP.

edit: And FYI, when you complete the Blitz goal the 160 msp code shows up immediately in your completed goals list.

My 4 year old son can not get enough of Costume Quest. Highly recommend picking it up if you didn't already. Might even be on sale soon with Halloween coming up.

Another game he loves is Comic Jumper. But its one of those games that he will just play the first level over and over since it gets tough after that. So if you don't have it, download the demo and you will be fine.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Yeah have seen this too, maybe longer promo for Fable Journey hum..anyway I should have waited then and maybe bought it in october with new xbox rewards options lol...

For the game itself I've been told that the game is much fun as long as you have friends to play with...(kinda Mario Party-style) question is..do you have friends? =P lol[/QUOTE]

new options?

[quote name='Juice el Savior']new options?[/QUOTE]

yep other than the 100 MSP for watching 10 hours sports/entertainment app...since october will have other rewards..that's what I meant..

[quote name='tylerh1701']I still don't even have my August rewards points...[/QUOTE]

Have 300 Points pending AND still waiting for the SoA Promo Reward hum (haven't bought enough in August though)

ah i see... i got the 100 pts pending for the ESPN app thing, i have 210 waiting to go... arent they usually disbursed by now?

The way i read your post, it seemed like they were revamping it... that would be awesome.

Looks like a bunch of no bites for me, and i DID get The Walking Dead from yous guyzez recommendation. I have enough to get episode 2 and 3 now since im not really needing anything on these sales

Fable Heroes isnt my cup of tea
I got xmen arcade for 200 last black friday... The zombies game doesnt look too fun from the losers app, and HOLY SHIT what is the point of Puzzle Arcade?! lol

Sorry if someone has asked and/or answered this before but is buying the Deus Ex DLC worth it? Thankfully(?) someone talked me out of buying the Saints Row 3 Season Pass (or whatever it's called) so wondering CAG's opinion on the Deus Ex DLC. Interested for the same reasons as last time: adding this game to my completed games list. Thanks!

[quote name='DeLane79']Sorry if someone has asked and/or answered this before but is buying the Deus Ex DLC worth it? Thankfully(?) someone talked me out of buying the Saints Row 3 Season Pass (or whatever it's called) so wondering CAG's opinion on the Deus Ex DLC. Interested for the same reasons as last time: adding this game to my completed games list. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Heard the same about Saints Row 3 Season Pass even at this price too much...

Well last time the Missing Link DLC was on sale it was a hot topic (in a positive way since all seemed to be very glad with that, haven't played the game myself yet, just giving the info about the mood last time it was on sale, can't say anything about the other DLC though =D

[quote name='DeLane79']Sorry if someone has asked and/or answered this before but is buying the Deus Ex DLC worth it? Thankfully(?) someone talked me out of buying the Saints Row 3 Season Pass (or whatever it's called) so wondering CAG's opinion on the Deus Ex DLC. Interested for the same reasons as last time: adding this game to my completed games list. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I got it on the last sale and it was excellent. Parts of it reminded me of the Tanker section of MGS2. I did two playthroughs, one normal and one no-Praxis run (for the achievement). It's one of the best single player DLCs I've played recently. I'm guessing it took me about six hours to finish one run.

Kinda bummed that the Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue pack and the Fantastic Four table weren't also going on sale. I would have liked to purchase all of Marvel tables in one go. Maybe I'll still buy the ones on sale and Fable Heroes if they count towards whatever Oct. Rewards offer is.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Heard the same about Saints Row 3 Season Pass even at this price too much...

Well last time the Missing Link DLC was on sale it was a hot topic (in a positive way since all seemed to be very glad with that, haven't played the game myself yet, just giving the info about the mood last time it was on sale, can't say anything about the other DLC though =D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm only really interested in the DLC I need to complete the game as far as Xbox Live is concerned; I finished the main game and hate the fact most games I've beat aren't "complete" til I buy all the damn DLC. Anyway, that little rant aside, thanks for the reply!

Hmmm, should I get Dragon's Lair or just save my points for JSR tomorrow? I played the trial of DL and it seems like a fun little "game." Don't know how much I would play it after the first week or so though.

[quote name='weeman43302']Hmmm, should I get Dragon's Lair or just save my points for JSR tomorrow? I played the trial of DL and it seems like a fun little "game." Don't know how much I would play it after the first week or so though.[/QUOTE]

After the first week? There is absolutely no reason to play it again after you beat it the first time.

[quote name='Sway']Kinda bummed that the Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue pack and the Fantastic Four table weren't also going on sale. I would have liked to purchase all of Marvel tables in one go. Maybe I'll still buy the ones on sale and Fable Heroes if they count towards whatever Oct. Rewards offer is.[/QUOTE]
Vengeance and Virtue pack was already on sale two weeks ago.

[quote name='bardockkun']Vengeance and Virtue pack was already on sale two weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I am hoping they cycle through all the pinball tables for dotw as I want all of them.

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I am hoping they cycle through all the pinball tables for dotw as I want all of them.[/QUOTE]

I love this game so much, it's frustrating that I'm terrible at it. What's the trick? Play every table over and over until you know the exact geometry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back