XBL DotW Sales 2012 |- CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say the Value Pack would only be worth it depending on how many characters you use. I'm personally not a fan of DLC that doesn't change gameplay (though I won't lie, some of those ARE cool. I wanted a Rearmed Spencer outfit for so long), but if you think you use enough characters to make it worth it, go ahead. But if you use less/more specific characters, maybe either wait for a sale on those &/or the Value Pack or get the specific packs.

[quote name='MRGx']its there, just not on sale despite what Microsoft had announced. quite annoying. it was even on the DotW page on Xbox.com for a few hours (not discounted) then removed right after[/QUOTE]

It's back now, but the link is busted.:)

[quote name='Crono-00']Great, now I am in a few sets of first world problems. =P

I already have Jill and Shuma from the CE of MVC3:FTW, and I still have the game (I guess for achievement purposes). I assume the value pack on UMVC3 is only for UMVC3 (which I also own). I really want the value pack (at a discount, which it is not this week but I can wait), not the individual packs. So should I spring for the MVC3 costume pack, just for the benefit of additional costumes for a few select characters on the old MVC3 at only 200MSP, or wait out for the complete set in the value pack for UMVC3 to hit a discount?

I am elated Crysis is finally at a price I want, on the Xbox 360! Yet, I do not know how long this sale will last. I intend on waiting for the first of October to purchase items on the Deal of the Week, in case the Xbox Live rewards offer relates to those items. Do you think the sale on Crysis will last until next Tuesday (US)?

Yes, my pair of first world problems is just nit-picking about a few Microsoft points, but I like to maximize my bang for the space-buck, I am sure other CAGs here do the same. Also, I am glad someone pointed out that online retailer for said space-bucks because I had to get more, and I splurged for the BUY3SAVE5 to get a further stretching ^^.[/QUOTE]

Which online retailer for Microsoft Points? I know Buy.com had some 1600 Microsoft Point cards on eBay the other day for $14.99, but those went really quickly. I also would like to know whether Crysis is a GOD one day sale or whether it will last the full week in case the Xbox Live Rewards promotion for October is worth waiting for.

[quote name='fei33']Which online retailer for Microsoft Points? I know Buy.com had some 1600 Microsoft Point cards on eBay the other day for $14.99, but those went really quickly. I also would like to know whether Crysis is a GOD one day sale or whether it will last the full week in case the Xbox Live Rewards promotion for October is worth waiting for.[/QUOTE]

I use the [thread=248984]Microsoft Points thread[/thread] when I am in an "emergency" low moon bucks situation. I do my best to follow that thread too just in case something great shows up. I try to wait for outstanding deals on the Microsoft Points like your aforementioned eBay listing, but I too missed out on that offering due to high demand squeezing me out.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't understand pinball fx2, can i just buy one table and play it? or do you need this 800 point core version or something? Are any of the on sale tables good? Out of all the tables alltogether which pack is the best?

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i don't understand pinball fx2, can i just buy one table and play it? or do you need this 800 point core version or something? Are any of the on sale tables good? Out of all the tables alltogether which pack is the best?[/QUOTE]

The base game is free, and every table has a price after that. If you just buy one table, that's all you have. You don't need to buy anything else. There are also trials for pretty much every table, so you can try them out. As for how good they are, I have no idea because I never bought any. Trials were alright though.

[quote name='SonicXtreme']i don't understand pinball fx2, can i just buy one table and play it? or do you need this 800 point core version or something? Are any of the on sale tables good? Out of all the tables alltogether which pack is the best?[/QUOTE]

The game itself is free and acts as a hub for the tables you do purchase and own.

Personally I find the Marvel tables to be of a bit better quality than most of the others, but it may have something to do with loving comics. I own all of the tables and they're all worth it at full price if you're a fan of pinball, with the exception of perhaps the classic pack that brings the original FX tables into 2. If you owned the first game you get them for free though.

I can't bring myself to by Crysis. I'm playing Borderlands 2 and I will be for a while, and chances are if I'm going to play another shooter after that I'm guessing it's going to be Halo 4. So really buying Crysis means I'm just going to download Crysis.

[quote name='Zonic505']Cool. GT is located on the left under my avatar. Probably will send a friend request soon.

& yes, the Value Pack that every costume available for every character, including the 6 MvC ones. Just note that there's no costume for Magneto because of controversy about the fact the costume looking very similar to the King of Spain (despite the costume appearing in comics). Jill & Shuma already have their special costumes included when you download them.[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll add you once I get power back if you haven't done so already. And thanks for the clarification.

I thought they included a replacement alternate Magneto costume in a title update for free? (That King of Spain controversy crap was annoying) One more annoying question before I can update the OP (which already has details on Jill & Shuma's alternates), do the Value Pack costumes work with regular MvC3? (As in, do you get access to the 6 costumes already put out for the game?)

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well I really need to learn this lesson...dont buy dlc for games with lots of dlc because eventually that game will get a complete version. Saints row 3 getting "The full package" on Nov 6th with all dlc unlocked just shows I should never buy games that piece meal their dlc even when it gets a sale. :)[/QUOTE]

You've been a CAG for how long and you're JUST realizing this? Lol. That's exactly why I held out and it was tempting to hold out on the DLC for FFXIII-2 (until this sale anyways).

[quote name='Crono-00']Great, now I am in a few sets of first world problems. =P
I am elated Crysis is finally at a price I want, on the Xbox 360! Yet, I do not know how long this sale will last. I intend on waiting for the first of October to purchase items on the Deal of the Week, in case the Xbox Live rewards offer relates to those items. Do you think the sale on Crysis will last until next Tuesday (US)?
[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you buddy with the first world problems dealing with MvC3 (I also have the vanilla SE, and care bout dem achievements, which MvC3 has none related to DLC). If the Value Pack has backwards compatibility I won't bother, but if it doesn't, I'm on the fence. I was hoping that the vanilla MvC3's Costume Pack wasn't included in the Value Pack so I could justify the purchase... /crazy
But I mostly agree with Zonic (almost typed Xotic!) about it being somewhat unnecessary because some of the costumes are lackluster. I definitely wanna play as Megaman X though!

Also, really stoked about getting Crysis this week, and it'll probably only last a week, BUT

I repeat, October 1st is a Monday (September is weird because of the 30 days) so the possibility of stacking the DotW and any other weekly sale purchases with the October Rewards promo is absolutely possible.

I will make a note in the OP relating to this.

To work!

I notice it adds no achievements, but is the FF XIII-2 DLC worth it? Have the game itself in my backlog (although presently working my way through FF XIII.

Otherwise, Crysis is definitely mine. Didn't buy it earlier when it dropped to 1200 because I didn't have points at the time and subsequently forgot. I'm glad I did forget. :razz:

[quote name='JStryke']I notice it adds no achievements, but is the FF XIII-2 DLC worth it? Have the game itself in my backlog (although presently working my way through FF XIII.[/QUOTE]
I would say both of the Lightning themed DLCs are worthwhile. The weapons and costumes are down to your aesthetic preference. Like you said none of the DLC adds achievements or makes the game particularly easier or anything like that.

Of the Coliseum DLC, Lightning/Amodar is nice because you can beat it 1/2 or 2/3 of the way through the story and get the characters and actually use them. With most of the others you're going to need a fully-powered up party before you can even win the fight, so once you get the monster, there's nothing left to do with them.

So... I put up Crysis, some details about the MvC3 DLC and the ENTIRE FFXIII-2 list (in alphabetical order) just to notice that the edit didn't post and clicking back on my browser isn't bringing it back up... So, about an hour and a half down the toilet for nada. Did I mention how much I fucking hate BBCode? Better hide your small children, because I'm feeling pretty obscene atm.

That aside, the DC2 track sale list is huge, but not impossible like last week's RB stuff. I'd attempt it now but I am just feeling way too fucking frustrated. Update's gonna have to wait 'till later tonight if no one else is gonna do it, sorry guys. :(

Basically, JC2 got a drop, there's a massive DC2 track sale, most of the FFXIII-2 stuff is on sale, there's yet ANOTHER biweekly Activision music game sale, and there's the usual DotW and the Crysis sale.

Also, none of last week's sales have expired yet, if you still wanna get in on them.

Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of $15 Xbox Originals are 33% off include Jade Empire and Guilty Gear X2. I have no idea what this is about, but I like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Alright, I'll add you once I get power back if you haven't done so already. And thanks for the clarification.

I thought they included a replacement alternate Magneto costume in a title update for free? (That King of Spain controversy crap was annoying) One more annoying question before I can update the OP (which already has details on Jill & Shuma's alternates), do the Value Pack costumes work with regular MvC3? (As in, do you get access to the 6 costumes already put out for the game?)[/QUOTE]Nah, they never made a replacement costume for Magneto sadly. & yeah, the Value Pack includes the 6 costumes that were released for the vanilla version. Though I think the rest of the costumes won't work on MvC3 since they weren't released for that game. I guess Value Pack will give you the 6 costumes in vanilla, but not the rest, but you'll get the 6 from vanilla in UMvC3.

[quote name='JStryke']I notice it adds no achievements, but is the FF XIII-2 DLC worth it? Have the game itself in my backlog (although presently working my way through FF XIII.

Otherwise, Crysis is definitely mine. Didn't buy it earlier when it dropped to 1200 because I didn't have points at the time and subsequently forgot. I'm glad I did forget. :razz:[/QUOTE]
The bikini outfit is a must buy.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of $15 Xbox Originals are 33% off include Jade Empire and Guilty Gear X2. I have no idea what this is about, but I like it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it looks like all the Xbox Originals are down to 800 poimts. Hopefully it's permanent drop.

Also, Riddick is still at 1200 points, so maybe it is a drop as well.

Picked up the Captain America and Marvel Avengers Chronicles tables. Already had the other Marvel tables from a previous sale.

[quote name='JStryke']SOLD! :lol:[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind there's a free DLC outfit for Serah too. :D

Serah_Farron_-_Style_and_Steel.png

[quote name='JStryke']SOLD! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lol.

Just Crysis for me this week I guess.
Might get Blacklight:Tango Down just out of morbid curiosity. ;)

[quote name='BobbyTastic']
Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of $15 Xbox Originals are 33% off include Jade Empire and Guilty Gear X2. I have no idea what this is about, but I like it.[/QUOTE]
Has Dreamfall been delisted? :cry:

[quote name='shieryda']Jade Empire is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Was just about to ask about this. I'm way late to the Bioware party (ME2 was my first), but have been trying to catch up. Does Jade Empire hold up well? Guess it is not a big gamble at $10, I just know this is gonna sit in the backlog for a long while.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is there a demo for Crysis?[/QUOTE]

No. No demos for Games on Demand.

[quote name='Crono-00']I am elated Crysis is finally at a price I want, on the Xbox 360! Yet, I do not know how long this sale will last. I intend on waiting for the first of October to purchase items on the Deal of the Week, in case the Xbox Live rewards offer relates to those items. Do you think the sale on Crysis will last until next Tuesday (US)?[/QUOTE]

I already got Crysis on PSN for $10, and I really enjoyed it (and I'm not even a big shooter fan). But if it was me, I would probably buy it today. To me, it's not worth saving (possibly) and extra $0.50-$1.00 to try and wait it out. Because if it goes back up tomorrow, you'll be kicking yourself for not getting it.

But that's just me, I'm a pretty firm believe in "better safe than sorry". Plus, more than likely the Xbox Rewards for October isn't going to be any good, because none of them have been very good recently.

I really wish RE4 would hit this price at some point. I have that on PSN too but I'd DEFINITELY rebuy that one for 360.

[quote name='shieryda']Was able to buy the 3 Pinball FX 2 packs on sale. I need to stop looking at sales, and start playing games I already have.[/QUOTE]

Such is CAG.

[quote name='Tsel']What? That's not true at all.[/QUOTE]

It's not?

EDIT: I meant to say that GoD don't come with trials, the same way XBLA games do. A lot of Games on Demand do have demos, but I assumed these are demos that were published separately from the GoD release of the game (for example, if/when Resident Evil 6 hits GoD, it will have a demo, because a demo was published separately from the game). I could be wrong here though.

I just meant to say that GoD don't automatically come with demos, and I worded it poorly.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Has Dreamfall been delisted? :cry:[/QUOTE]

There was a topic on GameFAQs about the game being listed under "F" in the Marketplace for some reason, but that topic is more than a year old. If it's still available to buy on the 360 itself, that's probably where it'll be. I'd check, but I'm kind of in class right now. :p

[quote name='MWB']I don't know if this has been mentioned, and I didn't see it in the OP, but this week's Chain Reaction deals in the Sales and Specials app are all for Burnout Paradise DLC:

1 - Big Surf Island - Save 160 (560->400)
2 - Toy Collection - Save 200 (400->200)
3 - Legendary Cars Collection - Save 200 (400->200)
4 - Time Savers Pack -Save 400 (400->FREE)[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

EDIT-Oh fuck, didn't realize those were the chain reaction sales. Don't need them all.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's not?

EDIT: I meant to say that GoD don't come with trials, the same way XBLA games do. A lot of Games on Demand do have demos, but I assumed these are demos that were published separately from the GoD release of the game (for example, if/when Resident Evil 6 hits GoD, it will have a demo, because a demo was published separately from the game). I could be wrong here though.

I just meant to say that GoD don't automatically come with demos, and I worded it poorly.[/QUOTE]
Ohh, okay. I see what you mean now.

I thought those Guitar/DJ Hero tracks would still be on sale right now, but I don't see them in the OP. Hm. Though I must say, any enthusiasm I had for that was quickly eclipsed by the RB sale.

Awesome, finally picked up Crysis for 800! Does anyone know how they determine whether a game goes on sale? I've been waiting for Deathsmiles IIX to go down in price what feels like forever now.

[quote name='MWB']I don't know if this has been mentioned, and I didn't see it in the OP, but this week's Chain Reaction deals in the Sales and Specials app are all for Burnout Paradise DLC:

1 - Big Surf Island - Save 160 (560->400)
2 - Toy Collection - Save 200 (400->200)
3 - Legendary Cars Collection - Save 200 (400->200)
4 - Time Savers Pack -Save 400 (400->FREE)[/QUOTE]
I already have big surf from a few years ago, is there anyway that I'm eligible to continue to chain 2 and 3 and 4?

[quote name='sykotek']Awesome, finally picked up Crysis for 800! Does anyone know how they determine whether a game goes on sale? I've been waiting for Deathsmiles IIX to go down in price what feels like forever now.[/QUOTE]

www.xbldb.com

Been waiting on a Deathsmiles 2 sale as well. Nothing yet unless I missed something.

[quote name='Dustinator']Totally buying a shed load of Dance Central tracks. I don't recognize any of the tracks from the last sale back in January, so my guess is that these are DANCE CENTRAL 2 tracks only. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are DC2 tracks not compatible with the DC1 game? Or am I trippin'? This is a question of sorts since I have DC1 and I rented DC2 and plan on buying it(along with a bunch of these discounted tracks).

Never thought Crysis would drop to 800 msp. Bought it when it hit 1200. Oh well[/QUOTE]
Dance Central 2 songs work only with DC 2 and DC3. DC1 songs work with everything and right now the sale seems to have some DC2 song packs.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']There was a topic on GameFAQs about the game being listed under "F" in the Marketplace for some reason, but that topic is more than a year old. If it's still available to buy on the 360 itself, that's probably where it'll be. I'd check, but I'm kind of in class right now. :p[/QUOTE]

I think that's because of the way they labeled the games. They did "Full Game - (Title)" for some reason, so it probably messes with the listings. But some of them might have been delisted, because I'm pretty sure Stubbs the Zombie used to be up there, but I can't find it anymore. I still own my disc copy, but I may have bought the GoD version for the convenience.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I thought those Guitar/DJ Hero tracks would still be on sale right now, but I don't see them in the OP. Hm. Though I must say, any enthusiasm I had for that was quickly eclipsed by the RB sale.[/QUOTE]

There's a new set on sale starting this week, including the GH3 DragonForce pack, one of the Nirvana packs, and two of the more recent Metal packs (The one with Twilight of the Thundergod in it, and then the Rocktober pack from last year which was free for a time). That's all I saw scrolling through the database site anyway, there may be more.

With that big sale at the beginning of the month along with the Rock Band sale and now Dance Central DLC, Crysis and Dungeon Defenders, this has now officially been the most pricey month on the XBL Marketplace for me ever.

[quote name='sykotek']Awesome, finally picked up Crysis for 800! Does anyone know how they determine whether a game goes on sale? I've been waiting for Deathsmiles IIX to go down in price what feels like forever now.[/QUOTE]

LOL I think that's a question we'd all love the answer to (I Know I would).

Sometimes it feels like it goes like this.

So Stubbs, Dreamfall, and Burnout 3 are the only 3 Xbox Originals still listed as 1200 points on xbldb. It doesn't say they were delisted but none of the xbox.com links work.

[quote name='ZForce915']I can't bring myself to by Crysis. I'm playing Borderlands 2 and I will be for a while, and chances are if I'm going to play another shooter after that I'm guessing it's going to be Halo 4. So really buying Crysis means I'm just going to download Crysis.[/QUOTE]

That would be the story of my life. Hey I can buy this game for $5 and let it sit on my shelf for the next year! Yeah! :bouncy:

[quote name='harry hood']I already have big surf from a few years ago, is there anyway that I'm eligible to continue to chain 2 and 3 and 4?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I already had it, and it let me just pick up the others.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']That aside, the DC2 track sale list is huge, but not impossible like last week's RB stuff. I'd attempt it now but I am just feeling way too fucking frustrated. Update's gonna have to wait 'till later tonight if no one else is gonna do it, sorry guys. :([/QUOTE]
BobbyTastic, I have identified the sales on xbldb. Each sale post has sharing code.
http://xbldb.com/deals/sale-2012-09-25-dance-central-songs
Just use those. I do that for all sale when they are identified.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Basically, JC2 got a drop, there's a massive DC2 track sale, most of the FFXIII-2 stuff is on sale, there's yet ANOTHER biweekly Activision music game sale, and there's the usual DotW and the Crysis sale.

Also, none of last week's sales have expired yet, if you still wanna get in on them[/QUOTE]

Last weeks sales are now expired.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Edit: Holy shit, a bunch of $15 Xbox Originals are 33% off include Jade Empire and Guilty Gear X2. I have no idea what this is about, but I like it.[/QUOTE]

NO! The xbox originals are not price drops. I finally got around to implementing a way to scan the items I had been missing. I need input as to when they dropped. They were featured in the recently reduced a while back.

I didn't really like Jade Empire as compared to KotOR 1 and 2... those arent available though. Never played Stubbs either.

I wouldnt mind owning GTA:SA after playing GTA4... man I hated GTA4 :/

[quote name='Spylon']
NO! The xbox originals are not price drops. I finally got around to implementing a way to scan the items I had been missing. I need input as to when they dropped. They were featured in the recently reduced a while back.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny, it shows how much we rely on your site to figure out what drops in price. I, too, thought that they were all price drops from today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back