XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='tylerh1701']

I really don't see why they would do a one day repeat sale, and I'm 99.99% sure it won't happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it won't happen either, but not seeing why they would is pretty shortsighted. I mean, between people who got points at xmas, were saving their points for future deals that weren't as good as they hoped and ones who simply ran out of time debating and need one more last minute "if I don't get it now" moment. I would imagine the numbers would be very good for a recap. Maybe not for CAGs but CAGs aren't the major purchasers of games in these sales.

Hell, they pretty much invite the talk by leaving the "deals you missed" calendar up until the end.

If I'm able to buy Games from the US marketplace, I'm also able to play them with my EU account right? Only problem that could occur that I can't buy/download it because it is region locked, right? =O

does any store let alone microsoft do a repeat sale?

i've never heard of anybody being like "damn some people missed our sale so lets do it again immediately"

Ehh, I'm not feeling The Splatters, even for 200 points. And I know people love Crazy Taxi but I hate time based stuff like that.

Does anyone think The Splatters is worth it?

All of this serious talk about the splatters is hilarious to my dirty mind. Nobody should intentionally get the splatters.

I think I'll pick up Banjo & Kazooie N&B and Toy Story 3 at those prices.

[quote name='Barry Burton']does any store let alone microsoft do a repeat sale?

i've never heard of anybody being like "damn some people missed our sale so lets do it again immediately"[/QUOTE]

That's essentially what cyber monday is for most retailers that have a brick and mortar presence on black friday.

What's wrong with The Splatters? I bought it when it was on sale for 400 a while back and had fun for the few hours I played it. It'll probably be a while before I go back to it, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.

[quote name='Barry Burton']does any store let alone microsoft do a repeat sale?

i've never heard of anybody being like "damn some people missed our sale so lets do it again immediately"[/QUOTE]
Steam does it.

[quote name='Tsel']What's wrong with The Splatters? I bought it when it was on sale for 400 a while back and had fun for the few hours I played it. It'll probably be a while before I go back to it, but I didn't think there was anything wrong with it.[/QUOTE]

I also enjoyed the time I spent with The Splatters. If I didn't already have it, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab it at 200 MSP.

Unfunny..just redemeed 1600 MSP on my US account but can't buy Crash of the Titans or Toy Story 3 becaause it says it's not available in my location (even if it is) way to go MS..I just didn't want to spend 1680 MSP (deal price today) alone on Crash Bandicoot over here...*sigh*

[quote name='tylerh1701']I also enjoyed the time I spent with The Splatters. If I didn't already have it, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab it at 200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Played the demo and passed when it was on sale for 400 just because of backlog. Didn't hesitate when I saw it was 200msp. The price wasn't even updated yet, but popped up on the confirmation page when I got in on it.

To put it in perspective, it's $2.50, less than your Starbucks latte.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I also enjoyed the time I spent with The Splatters. If I didn't already have it, I wouldn't even hesitate to grab it at 200 MSP.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I'm happy with the 400 I spent on it. 600 might be pushing it, but I think it's a perfectly fine $5 purchase. 200 is a no brainer.

Also, can anyone recommend Crash of the Titans? I loved the Crash games when I was younger. Now obviously I know they're nowhere near as good as the originals, but is it worth the 800? With Banjo Kazooie being so readily available for similar prices elsewhere, I'm likely going to hold off on that one. I have Toy Story 3 from Blockbuster's free trial thingy, but I haven't played it yet so I went ahead and picked it up for 360 since my free trial ends in a few weeks. I'll just send that one back.

[quote name='Neku233']Alright Street Fighter 3 Online is now avaliable for 600 points[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'll have to go check on that Dungeon Fighter game. That is the only one I want from that days deals since I already have the other 2 on the PS3.

[quote name='Neku233']Alright Street Fighter 3 Online is now avaliable for 600 points[/QUOTE]
Thanks, but still 200 points too high for me to bite.

:)

Grabbed the splatters. Nuts and Bolts is phenomenal, just know what to expect. It's not really a banjo kazooie game, more of a kart builder and racing game.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Unfunny..just redemeed 1600 MSP on my US account but can't buy Crash of the Titans or Toy Story 3 becaause it says it's not available in my location (even if it is) way to go MS..I just didn't want to spend 1680 MSP (deal price today) alone on Crash Bandicoot over here...*sigh*[/QUOTE]
xbox is taking the piss mate

[quote name='thejnc']Cool, I'll have to go check on that Dungeon Fighter game. That is the only one I want from that days deals since I already have the other 2 on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

From what I heard it is just a paid version of the free online game

Yeah looks like today's deals are live and are 50% off. Virtua Fighter and SFIII are 600 space bucks, Dungeon Fighter is 400 space bucks (still about 400 space bucks too high IMHO - it should have been free to play like Happy Wars).

[quote name='skonson']Yeah looks like today's deals are live and are 50% off. Virtua Fighter and SFIII are 600 space bucks, Dungeon Fighter is 400 space bucks (still about 400 space bucks too high IMHO - it should have been free to play like Happy Wars).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I would say use the 400 space bucks for something else like Jet Grind Radio

I do believe I shall bite on 3rd Strike and VF5. Particularly interested in seeing how poorly I do at VF5 as I haven't played a 3D fighter in a long time.

[quote name='thejnc']Cool, I'll have to go check on that Dungeon Fighter game. That is the only one I want from that days deals since I already have the other 2 on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Had a lot of fun (50 hours) with Dungeon Fighter. It's the only game that I've bought on day 1.

[quote name='E.Nich']Had a lot of fun (50 hours) with Dungeon Fighter. It's the only game that I've bought on day 1.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. I've never heard of it till this sale. I looked up some gameplay footage and it looks fun. I have it downloading now.

Well this sale was pretty damn good. Made of with Bully, Dust, and The Walking Dead for 2200 MSP. Not bad. Too bad I won't play any of these games for awhile, cause I gotta focus on Dead Space 2.

I was so pleased with the Trials Origin of Pain DLC that I decided to buy the new Riders of Doom that just came out...and wasted 400msp.

They should mention that RoD is geared mostly towards hardcore players. Anyone who enjoys easy/medium and most of hard, but skips extreme like I do should completely ignore the new DLC.

[quote name='seppuku']Dungeon Defenders and Mortal Kombat Arcade also on sale for 50% off it seems (600 and 400 msp respectively)....

http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! Even though I own both of these, don't have a hell of a lot of patience for the former's pace, and totally suck at the latter. And speaking of sucking at fighting games! ... I'd pick up VF5 and SFIII at 67% off, but will have to say no this time.

And now to decide if I wanna splurge for Joe Danger 2, Frogger, Jet Set Radio, RAW, S4E2, or even Naughty Bear...

going to finally pick up peggle -- was looking for feedback about Peggle Nights. I have gotten so many games this sale I am not sure if I need Nights. I am not sure where I am going to find the time! Does this game have a lot of content w/o the dlc. does the dlc add different styles of play? only 200 but 200 saved is 200 earned--thanks

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Does anyone know why these are discounted??[/QUOTE]
I'm going to guess price drops for January, but I know nothing.

:)

[quote name='Ltrain8765']going to finally pick up peggle -- was looking for feedback about Peggle Nights. I have gotten so many games this sale I am not sure if I need Nights. I am not sure where I am going to find the time! Does this game have a lot of content w/o the dlc. does the dlc add different styles of play? only 200 but 200 saved is 200 earned--thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm of the mindset that you're either going to be indifferent toward Peggle or practically snort lines of Peggle. If you enjoy Peggle vanilla, Nights is an absolute necessity.

I will say it doesn't drastically alter the game. I can't share much deets since I blazed through Peggle on PC quite some time ago. I should fire it up on the sexbox.

Not sale related, but does anyone happen to know and/or can confirm if the GoD version of the original Naughty Bear is the Gold edition or just standard?

Thanks guys.

[quote name='Kerig']I was so pleased with the Trials Origin of Pain DLC that I decided to buy the new Riders of Doom that just came out...and wasted 400msp.

They should mention that RoD is geared mostly towards hardcore players. Anyone who enjoys easy/medium and most of hard, but skips extreme like I do should completely ignore the new DLC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']I'm going to guess price drops for January, but I know nothing.

:)[/QUOTE]
I would agree except that most 1200 point games get price drops to 800 points. Don't think there are any xbla games at 600 points that aren't on sale.

Could be a sale started too soon. Maybe a new years day sale. Who knows.

Edit: and as far as peggle and pvz go....I've waited this long for them to drop lower so I will continue to do so since these two go on sale quite frequently. Doubt they will go lower but since I have such a large backlog it's worth waiting to see if they do go on a crazy sale one day knowing they'll be on sale again soon if I finally run out of games to play.

[quote name='seppuku']Dungeon Defenders and Mortal Kombat Arcade also on sale for 50% off it seems (600 and 400 msp respectively)....

http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases[/QUOTE]

Woot! I'd attribute them to the "12/30" fighting games 1-day sale" until we know later tonight when the Xbox.com page goes live. Adding to the OP now ... Done! Not too worried about format for now, since we'll know within a few hours if it's a 1-day deal, or misc. promotion.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm of the mindset that you're either going to be indifferent toward Peggle or practically snort lines of Peggle. If you enjoy Peggle vanilla, Nights is an absolute necessity.

I will say it doesn't drastically alter the game. I can't share much deets since I blazed through Peggle on PC quite some time ago. I should fire it up on the sexbox.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Peggle Nights is another good, addictive Peggle campaign, which is what you want for Peggle DLC.[/QUOTE]

very much appreciated-- into the backlog it goes!

Wow. Just got upstaged by Cornelius.

So since we got new additions for tomorrow's sale, I hope they finally put all the Oblivion DLC on sale. I am too much of a CAG to pay full price of the DLC I did not get with the GOTY and horse armor (I think it was the only one of those to go on sale) just does not cut it.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Not sale related, but does anyone happen to know and/or can confirm if the GoD version of the original Naughty Bear is the Gold edition or just standard?[/QUOTE]
Standard edition came out 9/9/10, with most DLC following up within 2-3 months, and the Gold edition came out 5/8/11. Since the GoD version came out 1/3/12, I'm 90% sure it'll be the Gold edition, since that's the only version 505 Games was producing following May 2011. I guess check the Xbox.com forums if you want more assurance?

[quote name='nadohawk']Wow. Just got upstaged by Cornelius.

So since we got new additions for tomorrow's sale, I hope they finally put all the Oblivion DLC on sale. I am too much of a CAG to pay full price of the DLC I did not get with the GOTY and horse armor (I think it was the only one of those to go on sale) just does not cut it.[/QUOTE]

Awwww, crap ... see, this is why I post in the thread that I'm making changes ... so that we're not literally racing each other for edits! Sorry about that! :)

Check the store copies as I believe the Naughty Bear Gold now also includes the arcade title for only 20 USD.

No. Don't worry...you did a much better job than I did because you at least know how to use the posting techniques. I just put the info so it's there and then it just allows you to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back