XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Fulluvial']Hey, does this mean I could share this disc with a friend and we'd both be able to play the dlc together?[/QUOTE]

Yes, because the DLC simply downloads off the disc to your HD, just like if you were buying the digital version.

[quote name='Zolor23']Yes, because the DLC simply downloads off the disc to your HD, just like if you were buying the digital version.[/QUOTE] Does the Mafia II DLC from the greatest hits version also install onto the hard drive or is it simply on the disc?

So is Pikmin Swarm worth the 160 MSP? I'll probably get it regardless, just didn't want it being one of those dead multiplayer-only games.

* = It's possible to find the "Borderlands: Game of the Year" edition for less than $30 new (and much less if used). If you prefer to have your DLC installed from a 2nd disc that can be installed to multiple Xbox's without worry of being signed into Xbox Live, you might look for this version instead.

Wait they have a GOTY version that an install disc? My Borderlands GOTY had a sheet of paper with the DLC in download codes, did they change it?

[quote name='super marioPS2']Wait they have a GOTY version that an install disc? My Borderlands GOTY had a sheet of paper with the DLC in download codes, did they change it?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they did a second run of GOTYs with an install disc.

[quote name='super marioPS2']Wait they have a GOTY version that an install disc? My Borderlands GOTY had a sheet of paper with the DLC in download codes, did they change it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, there is a two disc version in which all of the DLC is included on the second disc.

[quote name='Blade']So is Pikmin Swarm worth the 160 MSP? I'll probably get it regardless, just didn't want it being one of those dead multiplayer-only games.[/QUOTE]

IMO, if the demo seemed even a tiny bit interesting, it's worth 160 points. The main issue to me is that it is not that long but for freaking $2, it's just about the best value on XBLA. Really a unique concept that's very well done.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']so these 800 "international" points work on the Japanese marketplace? I looked up japanese points on ebay and those prices were just exorbitant.

Also, I don't see any listings there for international points. Do they go up often?[/QUOTE]

Here you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/330456178919?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

$11! The auction doesn't say international, but it's been tested and works with Japanese and multiple European country accounts.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm interested in it, but not worth jumping through the hoops to get it at that price. It'll hit 400 here eventually.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='tylerh1701']I'm interested in it, but not worth jumping through the hoops to get it at that price. It'll hit 400 here eventually.[/QUOTE]

I played Black Knight Sword for about an hour and despite the interesting visuals and setting, I found the gameplay to be incredibly clunky, difficult, and not fun. The menus are very slow and annoying too. The publisher totally failed to hype the game in any way, and now it seems justified.

[quote name='eastx']I played Black Knight Sword for about an hour and despite the interesting visuals and setting, I found the gameplay to be incredibly clunky, difficult, and not fun. The menus are very slow and annoying too. The publisher totally failed to hype the game in any way, and now it seems justified.[/QUOTE]

shame, they have a great visual style to their games. but if you cant back it up with fun gameplay...

[quote name='Fulluvial']Hey, does this mean I could share this disc with a friend and we'd both be able to play the dlc together?[/QUOTE]

Yep. That's what I did for my 360, and both of my brothers' 360s so we could all play together. Probably the best $20 I've ever spent.

Skulls of the Shogun comes out on 1/30. I'm actually looking forward to this game. Hoping it's priced at 800 msp, but wouldn't be shocked if it's 1200.

[quote name='ooga']Skulls of the Shogun comes out on 1/30. I'm actually looking forward to this game. Hoping it's priced at 800 msp, but wouldn't be shocked if it's 1200.[/QUOTE]

It's gonna be 1200. It's pretty expensive all around. ($15 on Windows 8 and Surface as well)

http://skullsoftheshogun.com/

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Rumble Roses XX went to GoD for $15. A little below the average eBay price, a rarity for GoD these days.

*fap fap fap*[/QUOTE]

Does that game hold up at all? When I think about it it seems like it came out a LONG time ago so I'm surprised if $15 would be below the used price

Edit: Looks like used is $10 which is still a bit higher than I expected

[quote name='Sath666']I doubt someone is actually interested in this game, but Black Knight Sword just got released on JP marketplace for 400msp (price for other regions is 800).

http://marketplace.xbox.com/ja-JP/Product/Black-Knight-Sword/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841123b[/QUOTE]

I'd get it at 400, but I'll just pick it up when it inevitably hits that price here. It came and went, but I can't pass up a Grasshopper title. Plus, I forgot the credentials to my JP login within minutes of creating the account. I should 200/200 Daggerdale while I still can, eh...

[quote name='biledriver']Does that game hold up at all? When I think about it it seems like it came out a LONG time ago so I'm surprised if $15 would be below the used price

Edit: Looks like used is $10 which is still a bit higher than I expected[/QUOTE]
No, no it doesn't. I Played this a few months ago and you're better off playing a WWE title just because the gameplay is so sluggish. Plus if you're gunning for achievements, it takes a ridiculous long time just to get one character complete for 10 points or whatever.

[quote name='bardockkun']No, no it doesn't. I Played this a few months ago and you're better off playing a WWE title just because the gameplay is so sluggish. Plus if you're gunning for achievements, it takes a ridiculous long time just to get one character complete for 10 points or whatever.[/QUOTE]

I don't think people are playing it for the fighting mechanics. ;)

[quote name='hufferstl']Microsoft needs to get on the "buy 1 version, get all 3 version bandwagon".[/QUOTE]

It'd be nice to at least get a 2-pack for $15, like XBLA & Windows 8 or XBLA & Windows Phone.

[quote name='hufferstl']Microsoft needs to get on the "buy 1 version, get all 3 version bandwagon".[/QUOTE]

Eh it's not really business smart. It's like when people ask when Xbox will answer the instant game collection, they won't. They don't have to. They were ahead to begin with which is why Sony came up with the idea, unless Sony gets much closer or pulls ahead Xbox won't worry about it.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Rumble Roses XX went to GoD for $15. A little below the average eBay price, a rarity for GoD these days.

*fap fap fap*[/QUOTE]
Whoa! It has a TON of DLC costumes!! If they all were in the GoD I'd think about it, but I guess they aren't.

Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?

[quote name='Ciffy']Those of you who have played borderlands 2, is the mechromancer pack worth it if I'm not planning on playing that class? I haven't started it yet, but looking at the skill trees, she just doesn't seem that interesting, but are the other bonuses in this pack worth it if I plan on playing through this. Loved the first borderlands, bought all the DLC and plan on buying all the DLC with cheeves this time around - just can't decide on this pack. I know DOTWs overlap, but is there a possibility this will still be on sale when next week's drops are announced / spotted?[/QUOTE]
If you don't plan on playing Gaige, then no. The extras are minimal as there's a steady supply of Shift codes for golden keys being put out, the rare relic doesn't really make much of a difference when farming, and the gearbox guns are easily replaceable out the gate.
The consensus around the Gearbox forums though is that Gaige is the most powerful class.

According to the developer via Twitter, Retro City Rampage is 33% off on XBLA, so it seems we can expect it to rise to 1200 at some point, a la Super Meat Boy.

[quote name='Polerand']According to the developer via Twitter, Retro City Rampage is 33% off on XBLA, so it seems we can expect it to rise to 1200 at some point, a la Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. Here's his quote on Reddit:

The 800 MSP was a mistake and can be considered a sale as well. It's should be 1200 so expect it to go back up to the correct price.

Source

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Also one of the hardest to 1000. This guy used a turbo controller/afk method and it still took him over 800 hours to complete.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=88205[/QUOTE]
Impresive, he played 843 hours to get all the achievements. That's truly dedication to complete a game.

Well, if the costumes that appear as single DLC's can be unlocked, although it demands such an insane amount of hours, I might get the game, eventually.

Is there anywhere I can find Bioshock 1 (physical or digital) for console for under $10? I know it's been this price a bunch of times before, but I might just buy it now seeing as I already have Bioshock 2 through PS+.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']
Kintaro-funnyface_2.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I miss GoldenBoy! That was some good times!

golden-boy-boobs-o.gif

[quote name='Roll']Is there anywhere I can find Bioshock 1 (physical or digital) for console for under $10? I know it's been this price a bunch of times before, but I might just buy it now seeing as I already have Bioshock 2 through PS+.[/QUOTE]

Used Xbox360 copy at BB is $10, if you can get it. Not sure about PS3.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Interesting. Here's his quote on Reddit:

Source[/QUOTE]

That's strange that they said it was a mistake. It seemed like they were just advertising it as a sale on their facebook page. I'm still going to have to wait for a 400-600msp sale on it though, since I already have it on PSN and have actually been playing it on my Vita.

EDIT: Does look like they say it's an error in the comments of the post though. Seems like confusing messaging to me.

[quote name='Polerand']According to the developer via Twitter, Retro City Rampage is 33% off on XBLA, so it seems we can expect it to rise to 1200 at some point, a la Super Meat Boy.[/QUOTE]

... well, shit. Just might jump then.

Well that Retro City Rampage news sucks. Was banking on buying it during a DotW for 400 msp at 50% off. Played the demo and didn't seem worth 800 to me. But 1200???!! **** that yo. I got enough of a backlog

On that note, snatched up Swarm since last time 200 wasn't enough to sway me to pick up and throw it into the backlog. But 160 msp will!!!! :)

[quote name='Dustinator']Well that Retro City Rampage news sucks. Was banking on buying it during a DotW for 400 msp at 50% off. Played the demo and didn't seem worth 800 to me. But 1200???!! **** that yo. I got enough of a backlog

On that note, snatched up Swarm since last time 200 wasn't enough to sway me to pick up and throw it into the backlog. But 160 msp will!!!! :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I "beat" it in 9 hours, rather fun with the occasional annoying controls but no way worth $15 for an arcade title. 800pts is about the right price for what offers and the perfect game for that 400pt sale.

[quote name='E.Nich']Impresive, he played 843 hours to get all the achievements. That's truly dedication to complete a game.[/QUOTE]

Not really since it was idle boosting. Discussion in the 360a achievement guide topic implies the time at less than half that (~250-300) if actually playing. That's still a lot of time, but not too bad if someone enjoys a game with a multiplayer or grinding / farming component. I'm sure I went well over 250 hours in Gears 2 and 3 (still quite a ways from Seriously 3.0), and am approaching 200 hours in Borderlands 2.

[quote name='sehpirot']It's official, the 2K sale removed Mafia 2 and Duke Nukem Forever from the list, so enjoy everything else.[/QUOTE]

They dropped to $10 on the web site.

800 hours is a drop in the bucket for me. When I finally broke free of my WoW addiction I had ~151 days on my main, ~75 on my second, and ~51 on my third, plus I'm sure another 30-50 days across my 4 other alts. 16 hour a day habit and I dual boxed and even tripled boxed for a while.

That's why I never tried an MMO. Can't get addicted if you never start. Though handheld games, which I can play while watching TV, are another story. My Pokemon Platinum's clock maxed out at 999:59 a while ago and I'm sort of glad Animal Crossing : Wild World didn't track time played.

[quote name='Bloomy']
They dropped to $10 on the web site.[/QUOTE]

You're right, and just check it on the dashboard, in the add doesn't show up, but if you search any of both games, does appear at discount.

BTW, Axel & Pixel, it's a good game?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']800 hours is a drop in the bucket for me. When I finally broke free of my WoW addiction I had ~151 days on my main, ~75 on my second, and ~51 on my third, plus I'm sure another 30-50 days across my 4 other alts. 16 hour a day habit and I dual boxed and even tripled boxed for a while.[/QUOTE]
Are you independently wealthy?

[quote name='simmias']Are you independently wealthy?[/QUOTE]

I wish. No, I found that if you stop sleeping you can get a lot more done each day. At the time I had a full and a part time job and went to school full time. I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I wish. No, I found that if you stop sleeping you can get a lot more done each day. At the time I had a full and a part time job and went to school full time. I averaged 2-4 hours of sleep a night.[/QUOTE]
I would die like in a month if I did that. I need at least 6 hours of sleep.

[quote name='E.Nich']I would die like in a month if I did that. I need at least 6 hours of sleep.[/QUOTE]

lol same here, except make that 6 an 8. :whistle2:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back