XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cornelius']Awesome idea, thanks! I keep meaning to add "Metacritic" & "First Look" links, but just can't seem to justify that 2 hours or so. I'll see if I can carve out some time tonight, since we're getting into some lesser-known titles on Sunday ... and people should also have some advance warning as to how badly "Tony Hawk HD" was received. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Saved you some time. Metacritic and Giant Bomb quick look links have been added to the OP for current and upcoming countdown listings.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']IIRC, they took down Turtles In Time RS. You need to go through your purchase history again to find it and redownload it.[/QUOTE]

Uhh, that's what he did. Weird you can't find it. I just checked my history and it's there.

[quote name='Briar36']Uhh, that's what he did. Weird you can't find it. I just checked my history and it's there.[/QUOTE]

What's even stranger is that all my transactions on the microsoft billing website between jan2008 until jan 2011 are all gone. I'm going to try support one more time after I get back from work, even though they probably wont help like usual.

[quote name='Dthib87']I got bully with points. last week i beleive[/QUOTE]
I figured it out. Didn't think anyone was going to reply so I deleted it. Thanks though! When you buy it online there's an option at the bottom to "Use Microsoft Points". I couldn't find such an option on the Xbox though.

SPEAKING OF BUYING GoD WITH MSP... I'm about to edit the OP to update my one-and-only contribution to it: the steps everyone overlooks. If there was an emoticon for massaging my own ego, I'd include it at the end here. :booty:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dthib87']What's even stranger is that all my transactions on the microsoft billing website between jan2008 until jan 2011 are all gone. I'm going to try support one more time after I get back from work, even though they probably wont help like usual.[/QUOTE]

The billing website detail has a sunset but it seems to be a little different for everyone, perhaps based on number of transactions? Jan 11 seems extreme. It's mostly useful for tracking incoming points and expiring promotional points, and XBL membership redemptions.

The "Purchase History" under My Account of xbox.com is more useful for tracking content purchases and redownloading. It's sortable and comprehensive.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Download/History

adjust for your region

EDIT: Unfortunately it doesn't show price paid in points, real currency, or whether you redeemed a code for the content. I'm going to start keeping a spreadsheet on my side.

[quote name='Cornelius']I'm with you ... but I still have 40'ish GB of movies I can burn if necessary. I do have all my XBLA+DLC loaded for such an emergency when I'll need to play "Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light" at a moment's notice(!) ... but I realized that since disc-based games aren't an impulse play, I can leave that DLC off the HDD, and restore it when I'm ready to grab all 4 addons to Borderlands, for example. Eventually I'll get desperate & throw a couple of 32GB flash drives onto the system, but for now, the 250GB drive is a reminder that hoarding is a disease & not "preparedness". :lol:[/QUOTE]

You're lucky you still have wiggle room with the ability to get rid of those movies.

if it was up to me, it'd all be digital. as much as it's neat to physically own the disc, it's not really necessary in actual practice. but with this space limitation, it sucks. if I need to play a disc game, I just pop it in and I'm off to the races. If I have to redownload, it takes at 5-15+ minutes to do it as well as plan what I'm going to delete.

If the system for keeping track of your downloads had more flexibility. Like if there was a way to sort by what DLC is not on your hard drive so that you don't have to keep spreadsheets or screen shots or whatever it is you do to remember what you own and are not on your hard drive. the download history list is slow and unwieldy. I made PDFs but it's still a pain to browse.

There are some huge DLC that I should delete because I rarely play them. But I'll probably forget about them if they're off the hard drive. Like some days, I'll just randomly browse my hard drive and something catches my eye and I play it. If it's not there, like they say, out of sight, out of mind.

[quote name='Sanges99']SPEAKING OF BUYING GOD WITH MSP... I'm about to edit the OP to update my one-and-only contribution to it: the steps everyone overlooks. If there was an emoticon for massaging my own ego, I'd include it at the end here. :booty:[/QUOTE]

And done screwing with the OP, wiki-ers.

Although this may seem trite to some but I thought it deserved a little discussion, I thought coloring it the "headline grabbing" lime might draw some more attention to it--if readers think this is TOO distracting then I'm very open to a better just-as-attention-grabbing color if it's that much of a problem.

Also, fishing for a suggestion here on the line about 'the very-first confirmation page', I have it as bold but it's parsed between different lines so the bold is completely ignorable; diff't color maybe? Should I not bother and just leave it? Will this snow/sleet/winter garbage outside EVER QUIT??! sigh. OCD attack over.

Midnight Club LA is supposed to be 800 ms points but when I switch to the "buy with ms points" option it tells me the game costs 1080 points.
Does anyone know that is up with that?

lol xbox support is retarded. told me the same thing again it's the publisher who pulled it due to licensing. so i asked why other people can download it still but i cannot. "that's not possible" fuckers....

This is getting quite off-topic but considering we are almost certainly in the final two quarters before the new console, I'm wondering how MS will implement the marketplace going forward. It would certainly help to inform purchases.

My gut feeling is that they will keep the XBLA framework in its current state, making Arcade games cross-compatible between 360 and Durango. Considering how massive the library and install base for arcade games is now compared to the end of the first Xbox, they would be crazy not to. Anyone buying an Xbox product for the first time would have a huge inventory to spend on, and any new Arcade titles would have the combined install base to sell to. Any "Arcade" titles that are too ambitious for 360 hardware could simply be branded as Durango GonD.

The real question is what happens to 360 GonD games. If the Durango is fully back compatible, it would be an easy affair just to make 360 GonD it's own category in addition to Durango GonD. Back compatability seems to be a good bet based on the alleged silicon they are ramping up.

A less important question is if they will once again implement Xbox 1 software emulation, and if so, if customers will be asked to rebuy Xbox Originals digital titles.

I'm feeling pretty optimistic regarding continuity on the first two matters, not so much on Xbox Originals, and I have no idea what would happen with delisted 360 marketplace items vis-a-vis Durango. I think we can safely consider Themes, GamerPics, and even Avatar Items dead in the water.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Tomorrow's kind-of-a-mystery deal isn't live yet? Bummer.[/QUOTE]
I'm itching to know what it is!

Looks like the Neogaf thread was correct. Guess the 30th will be Counter Strike, then.

P.S. Just a reminder, about 2 weeks ago, DLC for Tony Hawk HD was released for 400 MSP that includes 3 levels from THPS 3 (Airport, Los Angeles, and Canada), 4 skaters (Steve Caballero , Geoff Rowley, and Metallica's James Hetfield and Robert Trujillo), and the ability to revert in any stage.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ah...why not DD Neon II[/QUOTE]
Maybe because they released DD Neon not too long ago and need more time for the sequel. Don't know how the sales went for them, if they didn't sell what they expected, maybe there won't be a sequel.

Edit: yeah, I also think that DD Neon looks way better than this DD II.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zonic505']and the ability to revert in any stage.[/QUOTE]

That was actually patched into the game without the DLC purchase. They should have stuck to their guns about not adding it. It renders the required scores in the game far too easy.

Doesn't it seem a little thin to have a day devoted to a Tony Hawk game after all of the days with so many games?

[quote name='bunck']Doesn't it seem a little thin to have a day devoted to a Tony Hawk game after all of the days with so many games?[/QUOTE]
i know, its like they havent had a good sale in forever

anybody noticed this week they put out about 10 (TEN!) game on demand games on the market?

usually it's about 2-3 per week.. if only their pricing policy is a little more flexible.

[quote name='E.Nich']So it seems. Damn, no possibility for Skullgirls or DD Neon then :cry:

WOW!! New Double Dragon II, doesn't look too bad http://marketplace.xbox.com/es-ES/P...-Dragons/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8025841128d[/QUOTE]
I Think that game is cancelled. This was shown nearly a year before Neon was unveiled and has had no updates since.

Also Tony Hawk is tempting, but for 600 points seems a bit much. If it was 400, then sure, but from all the complaints it doesn't feel I'm missing much.

[quote name='billydeewilliams']is tony hawk game worth it? havent played a tony hawk game in a while. is it basically the same gameplay?[/QUOTE]

Lots of reviews on Metacritic, where it has an average of 66.

[quote name='bunck']Doesn't it seem a little thin to have a day devoted to a Tony Hawk game after all of the days with so many games?[/QUOTE]

Well the rumor said the GoD Tony Hawk games might be included as well

SEVERELY LATE UPDATE: IS SEVERELY LATE. (sry guyz, started fighting with the Mrs. and all time got away from me. if anyone was actually waiting to update the OP 'cause of me, my deepest apologies.

[quote name='Sanges99']SPEAKING OF BUYING GOD WITH MSP... I'm about to edit the OP to update my one-and-only contribution to it: the steps everyone overlooks. If there was an emoticon for massaging my own ego, I'd include it at the end here. :booty:[/QUOTE]

And done screwing with the OP, wiki-ers.

Although this may seem trite to some but I thought it deserved a little discussion, I thought coloring it the "headline grabbing" lime might draw some more attention to it--if readers think this is TOO distracting then I'm very open to a better just-as-attention-grabbing color if it's that much of a problem.

Also, fishing for a suggestion here on the line about 'the very-first confirmation page', I have it as bold but it's parsed between different lines so the bold is completely ignorable; diff't color maybe? Should I not bother and just leave it? Will this snow/sleet/winter garbage outside EVER QUIT??! sigh. OCD attack over.

So RAW, MOTN, and soon Deadlight will be my pick ups. Someday I will pick up Fez, but I'm just not feeling it right now.

I tried the Hell Yeah demo and was bored. I watched some LPs on youtube and it looks like it gets better, so I'm curious what fellow CAGs who are playing the game think about it. It has that Sega personality and beautiful animation, but I was bored during the demo.

Less choice means those desperate to buy something on sale might choose THPSHHDDVVDDBVD tomorrow. They REALLY want to sell a few copies of this unworthy turd. My buy price is 200.

The person who said tony hawk would be the sale, also said rock band 3 and bully would be the games on demand, and he was right. And it was fishy only 2 games on demand were on sale compared to all the arcade games

[quote name='Kerig']Less choice means those desperate to buy something on sale might choose THPSHHDDVVDDBVD tomorrow. They REALLY want to sell a few copies of this unworthy turd. My buy price is 200.[/QUOTE]

They should advertise during NTSF:SD:SUV

So I am on the fence about Jet Grind Radio...I played the Xbox version close to decade ago and was not too impressed, but does anyone recommend this game?

[quote name='biledriver']Well the rumor said the GoD Tony Hawk games might be included as well[/QUOTE]
Nah, as the writer of that, I just assumed "American Wasteland", "Project 8", or "Proving Ground" would be available ... so lo & behold, it'll probably just be THPS:HD.

[quote name='Sychophantom']There are Tony Hawk GoD games?[/QUOTE]

Could have sworn Project 8 and American's wasteland was on there at one point but im not seeing them anymore.

Anyways the TH "remake" is garbage. So not worth 600 pts, maybe 80 pts or less for the lulz.

Waiting on the Trials sale now, then I guess walking Dead.

i'm enjoying tony hawk, hadn't played it in years. but people just like to bitch about everything.

EDIT: should note that i never really played any after THPS2. that may affect my opinion.

I was going to get tony hawk, but the demo was awful. I'd rather stick to Underground on gamecube with it's semi-awesome story and such.

Guess I was the only one that enjoyed Tony Hawk HD. It's exactly what I expected. It's the classic Tony Hawk experience. What were people expecting? If all the complaints are about it not being actually HD, then I can see that because it doesn't look good for an "HD" game, but it plays good so I don't see what the problem is.

Anyone know why my screen purchasing Midnight Club LA $9.99 but (converted to MSP) 1080MSP instead of 800MSP? Very weird so I'm waiting the whole day to discover.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Guess I was the only one that enjoyed Tony Hawk HD. It's exactly what I expected. It's the classic Tony Hawk experience. What were people expecting? If all the complaints are about it not being actually HD, then I can see that because it doesn't look good for an "HD" game, but it plays good so I don't see what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

It's nothing like the classic Tony Hawk experience. If you go back and really play the old ones, the mechanics are totally different. It wasn't just an HD upgrade, they built it from the ground up, therefore a lot of the controls and physics just aren't up to snuff.

Also, the soundtrack isn't as amazing

[quote name='HDShadow']It's nothing like the classic Tony Hawk experience. If you go back and really play the old ones, the mechanics are totally different. It wasn't just an HD upgrade, they built it from the ground up, therefore a lot of the controls and physics just aren't up to snuff.

Also, the soundtrack isn't as amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back