XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Chrono Gear']I really hope you are kidding. It was already on sale for 800msp not that long ago. GoD sales are really unpredictable and even I (who only had a slight interest in it) picked it up at that time. It may never go on sale again. I'm sorry but you may have missed your only opportunity to pick it up on the cheap if you didn't get it then.[/QUOTE]

After how many of the sales over the past few days have been repeats? I really wouldn't say only chance. GoD or not, when Microsoft does a sale, you're usually going to see it again....and again.....and again.

*cue this week being GTA DLC yet again as was leaked*

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I really hope you are kidding. It was already on sale for 800msp not that long ago. GoD sales are really unpredictable and even I (who only had a slight interest in it) picked it up at that time. It may never go on sale again. I'm sorry but you may have missed your only opportunity to pick it up on the cheap if you didn't get it then.[/QUOTE]

...I check this thread every week and didn't see Crysis on sale, I must of skipped over it since I don't bother looking at the GoD section of the OP. Damn it!

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']...I check this thread every week and didn't see Crysis on sale, I must of skipped over it since I don't bother looking at the GoD section of the OP. Damn it![/QUOTE]
It was on sale I think around September 25-October 1.

[quote name='bardockkun']It was on sale I think around September 25-October 1.[/QUOTE]

Well that explain it, I was in the middle of moving at that time. Maybe it will comeback when EA has a big publisher's sale, I hope.

[quote name='Hunter Hybrid']...I check this thread every week and didn't see Crysis on sale, I must of skipped over it since I don't bother looking at the GoD section of the OP. Damn it![/QUOTE]

As good as the OP is kept by either reddjoey or the wikiers, you should always check the last few pages I find. When something good is on sale folks are usually talking about it!

[quote name='biledriver']After how many of the sales over the past few days have been repeats? I really wouldn't say only chance. GoD or not, when Microsoft does a sale, you're usually going to see it again....and again.....and again.

*cue this week being GTA DLC yet again as was leaked*[/QUOTE]

The DLC repeats aren't necessarily good indicators of GoD sale trends. As I said GoD sales are much harder to predict. Repeat GoD sales are much less common and are typically further apart on the calendar than other content sale repeats. So it is definitely possible to see it on sale again but who knows when.

Now that I'm thinking about it, wasn't Crysis on sale for $15 only a few weeks before the $10 one? Could mean it'll go on sale again at either price point or it won't again for a while since its already been on sale twice recently.

When you go to the deal of the week box on the dashboard there is a picture of GTA IV. However, when you select it, it brings up deals for Puzzle Quest 1/2, Magic: The Gathering/2012, Puzzle Quest, Settlers of Catan and everyone's favorite Carcassone. They still show full price too.

Must be a glitch/mistake, because these were just recently the deal of the week IIRC.

[quote name='JDMoney']When you go to the deal of the week box on the dashboard there is a picture of GTA IV. However, when you select it, it brings up deals for Puzzle Quest 1/2, Magic: The Gathering/2012, Puzzle Quest, Settlers of Catan and everyone's favorite Carcassone. They still show full price too.

Must be a glitch/mistake, because these were just recently the deal of the week IIRC.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I already see GTA IV for $9.99, and the "Lost & Damned" DLC for 400pts ... but "Gay Tony" DLC is still 1600pts.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=gta iv
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Search?query=gay tony

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']The Yu-Gi-Oh game on the xbox marketplace is pretty fun and addicting,well at least it was for me and my friends we would play the tag duels for hours.I believe the game got delisted and brought back like a week ago.[/QUOTE]

I second this, it's amazing how a crappy Yu-Gi-Oh game can be more fun than all Magic games just by the simple fact of leave you edit your own deck.:applause:

But still certainly Magic 2013 is amazing for those 400 MSP and that Yu-Gi-Oh game will return in a few weeks but will cost 800 MSP.

Scratch & Match Loser Deals this week are:

Pac Man C.E. DX 400 MSP
Pac-Man 200 MSP
Ms. Pac-Man 200 MSP

Already own them all :x but still good deals non the less! I remember someone on here wanted to get the C.E. DX version for a long time =P

Scratch & Match win is Comic Jumper.

Loser deals:

- Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Pac-Man: 200 MSP (1/2 off)
- Ms. Pac-Man: 200 MSP (1/2 off)

[quote name='Saren Arterius']I second this, it's amazing how a crappy Yu-Gi-Oh game can be more fun than all Magic games just by the simple fact of leave you edit your own deck.:applause:

But still certainly Magic 2013 is amazing for those 400 MSP and that Yu-Gi-Oh game will return in a few weeks but will cost 800 MSP.[/QUOTE]

I'm really glad to see a return of a former delisted game. I just wish the same for other delisted games like Outrun :( and Marble Blast :( and kung fu strike and the list goes on...

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']
Already own them all :x but still good deals non the less! I remember someone on here wanted to get the C.E. DX version for a long time =P[/QUOTE]

Finally, I had to wait for ages to see a Pac Man C.E. DX discount!!!
Same for Omega Five, Strania and so on...

[quote name='w00dm4n']If i install GTA4 from the disc will that speed up the download time for the GoD version?[/QUOTE]
No, they are two different versions. At least in my case, I had to delete my installed version of a game before downloading the GoD one.

edit: dotw's are up

GTA IV GonD 27-Nov – 3-DecVaries by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned400
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony800

Deadliest Warrior 4-Dec to 10-Dec400
Deadliest Warrior: DLC Expansion Pack 1200
Deadliest Warrior: Legends400
Deadliest Warrior: Legends – Joan of Arc DLC120

Nothing for me these two weeks, gonna wait for the Ubisoft sale next week.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow horrible. After these horrible BF and CM deals atleast give us something new but no. Ill stick to my ps3 BF pickups for a while.[/QUOTE]

I guess you saw different XBLA sales last week than most of us? While they weren't giving anything away for 90% off, the number of games on sale (across all the simultaneous sales) included several titles that hadn't been on sale before and was totally unparalleled for an XBLA sale.

[quote name='eastx']I guess you saw different XBLA sales last week than most of us? While they weren't giving anything away for 90% off, the number of games on sale (across all the simultaneous sales) included several titles that hadn't been on sale before and was totally unparalleled for an XBLA sale.[/QUOTE]

No if you read correctly the BF and CM deals were crap (expect for Cold Steam). The SVC collections for 400 MSP and I guess Spelunky were the only highlights from the week long sale. I wanted to see more games for 400 or less. Last year BG&E for 240 MSP ($3) was one of my best BF/CM pickups and there was nothing close to that level this year.

[quote name='Cornelius']Yep, I already see GTA IV for $9.99, and the "Lost & Damned" DLC for 400pts ... but "Gay Tony" DLC is still 1600pts.[/QUOTE]This is most certainly what the world needs after everyone and their brother had the complete edition of GTAIV on sale for 15 bucks on black friday... :roll:

Picked up two of the BF deals last minute. Got the Sega Monster World Collection. Never played any of the games, but looked quite unique for genesis games. Played some and I am glad I spent the points.

Also picked up southpark. Seemed like a simple game, but several of my friends bought it, so i think it will make for good 4 player co op. The tower defense game was a blast, especially for a 4 player couch game.

[quote name='E.Nich']No, they are two different versions. At least in my case, I had to delete my installed version of a game before downloading the GoD one.

edit: dotw's are up

GTA IV GonD 27-Nov – 3-DecVaries by region
GTA IV Lost and Damned400
GTA IV Ballad of Gay Tony800

Deadliest Warrior 4-Dec to 10-Dec400
Deadliest Warrior: DLC Expansion Pack 1200
Deadliest Warrior: Legends400
Deadliest Warrior: Legends – Joan of Arc DLC120

Nothing for me these two weeks, gonna wait for the Ubisoft sale next week.[/QUOTE]

Hmm since the Deadliest Warrior Games aren't available in this country I hope for some substitution deals like Half Minute Hero the last time the Dead Rising Games were on sale...

[quote name='eastx']If you dig racing games, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is not only an awesome game, it has Vyse and a wonderful Skies track. SEGA could certainly be warming us up for a re-release. After all, they're buying into digital releases in a big way. If only Square-Enix would do the same on consoles and not just smartphones![/QUOTE]

I hope you're right. It would be fantastic if it's a sequel/prequel instead of a port though. Don't get me wrong, I would still LOVE an HD remake of the game and would definitely pick it up on day one. But since I already own copies of the DC and the GC games I am itching for some new adventures.
I'll most likely pick up a copy of the new racing game when it goes on sale. I am still about half way done with the first one and it's buried deep in my "on-hold" pile at the moment.

I've been meaning to ask this for a while and I guess this is my last chance before the game goes back up to full price.
I have Magic 2012 in my backlog. Is there a point to picking up 2013 if I'm not a hardcore Magic player? I know 2013 is missing some features from 2012, but bear in mind I am a casual player. I normally don't dig too far beneath the surface and don't care much about extra modes and customization that gives the game "depth".

I am really surprised the Omega DLC (Mass Effect 3) is 1200 points. You are talking about a game released 8 months ago that you can get for almost the same cost now + the DLC does not allow you to carry anything back with you as far as characters and you cannot return to Omega once you complete it. I am even going to cringe having to pay 600 for this eventually.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No if you read correctly the BF and CM deals were crap (expect for Cold Steam). The SVC collections for 400 MSP and I guess Spelunky were the only highlights from the week long sale. I wanted to see more games for 400 or less. Last year BG&E for 240 MSP ($3) was one of my best BF/CM pickups and there was nothing close to that level this year.[/QUOTE]

:roll: this year's deals were fine

[quote name='cancerman1120']the DLC does not allow you to carry anything back with you as far as characters and you cannot return to Omega once you complete it. I am even going to cringe having to pay 600 for this eventually.[/QUOTE]

That's too bad, def. gonna pass and wait for a good sale. I always thought side kick characters in ME 3 were kinda boring, wish they were more alien and at least more interesting outfits. ME2 had the best side characters I think.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']This is most certainly what the world needs after everyone and their brother had the complete edition of GTAIV on sale for 15 bucks on black friday... :roll:[/QUOTE]

I was there but forgot to pick it up...BF fail.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']No if you read correctly the BF and CM deals were crap (expect for Cold Steam). The SVC collections for 400 MSP and I guess Spelunky were the only highlights from the week long sale. I wanted to see more games for 400 or less. Last year BG&E for 240 MSP ($3) was one of my best BF/CM pickups and there was nothing close to that level this year.[/QUOTE]
You have horrible taste, then again you did actually buy stuff for the PS3 like it's not dead so..........

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']This is most certainly what the world needs after everyone and their brother had the complete edition of GTAIV on sale for 15 bucks on black friday... :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yup. I'm waiting on my copy to be delivered this week.

I'm thinking I'll pick up Bully if it's still 1200 MSP. Has it ever been 800 MSP or should I just bite? I bit on Crysis at 1200 thinking it wouldn't drop and then it hit 800 within a month or two.

Any opinions on Burnout Crash? What Kinect functionality is there? I remember playing the trial and thinking it was okay but then deleting it.

Hmmm I own the first Deadliest Warrior game and might pickup the DLC but pass on the sequel + DLC.

After buying the ME3 Leviathan DLC on sale I'll wait for Omega to hopefully be discounted in the next year. Microsoft should do a Bioware sale. I think there's still a Dragon Age 2 DLC that hasn't been discounted that I've been waiting for.

Hopefully the upcoming Ubisoft sale brings something new like the ACIII Season Pass on sale already. I can dream! Even though this will piss someone off I hope I Am Alive is 600 MSP. Otherwise some newer DLC sales would be cool.

So Rock Band Blitz (and everything else) is still marked down for a short while. I'm pretty sure I've said it previously but I'll say it again: If you like mashing buttons, don't mind chasing high scores in lieu of accuracy, and have a fatass Rock Band catalog, you need to pick this up. Or if you play RB3 on a regular basis, you need to pick this up for the 25 songs.

[quote name='Felder71']I swear, if I Am Alive goes on sale for less than 800 points, I'm going to be upset. We just had a deal a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

I think you mean we literally just had a deal on it - which in fact is still valid for another hour and change :p

[quote name='Tsel']I haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, but it's coming in the mail. Are any of the DLCs worth it?[/QUOTE]

The Red Envelope pack adds some collectibles around the world that total to about a million bucks of in-game currency. So if you wanna spend a dollar and a half to fulfill your urge to hoard, shoot. The other two unlock content that can be unlocked through the course of playing the game, so PASS.

Regarding Dead Island: Does anyone know if saves are compatible between the vanilla disc and the GOTY disc? I'm trying to find out on my own but not having much luck so far. I'm torn... I would like to have the DLC and realize that RIGHT NOW is the time to bite if I want it on sale, but I'd prefer to have it on-disc with the GOTY version. Though I'd also rather not pay more than $10 if I'm buying the game all over again - and yes, I do realize it was this price this past weekend, but unfortunately I was not able to score that.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Hmm since the Deadliest Warrior Games aren't available in this country I hope for some substitution deals like Half Minute Hero the last time the Dead Rising Games were on sale...[/QUOTE]
I would really prefer if the sale would be Half Minute Hero instead of Deadliest Warrior.

I don't have it, and I really want the GTA IV DLC, but $15 is still too much with my backlog.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I am really surprised the Omega DLC (Mass Effect 3) is 1200 points. You are talking about a game released 8 months ago that you can get for almost the same cost now + the DLC does not allow you to carry anything back with you as far as characters and you cannot return to Omega once you complete it. I am even going to cringe having to pay 600 for this eventually.[/QUOTE]

How many hours is this DLC supposed to be? I love ME but 1200 is a lot.

Ubisoft sale next week? Better be finally getting From Dust for 600 points this time around and not some bullshit 800 like last year.

Hello Guys,

Sorry for the long post and delay in responding. Trying to catch up today and hopefully won't fall behind again.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Threw my hat into the OP-editing ring and added the current Guitar Hero/DJ Hero sales. Other than XBLDB not accurately reflecting the current RHPS pack pricing, I think all went well. Thanks to Smike for bringing it up all the way back on page 7.[/QUOTE]

dark_inchworm, what is the RHPS sale? xbldb has issues with all music games because of how much dlc thye have. xbox.com stops listing them after a while, but you can access them with direct links.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Under Highlights... hmm, cool. I always looked under Unidentified, which currently does no good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bloomy']I always check the price decreases list under history.

http://xbldb.com/offer-history/price-changes/price-decreases[/QUOTE]

I think this means I need to post a help or faq page on xbldb with where to look for stuff. Here is a quick overview:
  • current deals - deals that have been identified and have not expired.
  • unidentified deals - deals that have NOT been identified and have not expired also show on current deals page. Currently disabled since RB sale had ~1000 items. I don't have paging and loading this list was causing the site to crash,out of memory.
  • recently reduced - self explanatory
  • offer highlights - pride drops and free dlc, includes expired stuff
  • history - self explanatory
  • offers - list of all offers sorted by the date the site found the offer, newest to oldest
  • free offers - shortcut to offers page with free filter enabled.
  • my free addons - enter your gamertag and using your gamercard (last 5 games played) show you any free dlc for those games, gamertag and games archived in database

[quote name='Bloomy']Spylon, the XBLDB site doesn't have a history page for Rock Band Blitz. The only page I found listed avatar stuff and music tracks.[/QUOTE]

Bloomy, thank you very much for pointing this out. This due to the music games issue on xbox.com. I am looking for a way to fix this but nothing yet.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I didn't do a major update but I did tweak the GH/DJ Hero sale info a bit for three reasons:

a) the Guitar Hero Facebook page finally verified how long the sale lasts (through 11/19)
b) a Lynyrd Skynyrd pack is on sale, which XBLDB totally missed
c) most importantly, the Jimi Hendrix track packs are ONLY compatible with Guitar Hero World Tour and are not forward-compatible with GH5 or Warriors of Rock. Thanks to intoxicated662 for motivating me to look into this.

I'm not keen on the formatting of the note I appended, but it'll do.[/QUOTE]

dark_inchworm, is Lynyrd Skynyrd pack different that the sale above? Again this a music sales problem that I am tying to find a solution for.

Did you try clicking on xbldb for the Jimi Hendrix track packs compatibility? The games that an offer is valid for is located at the top of the offer page.

[quote name='Bloomy']OP is updated with the Cyber Monday deals. I included Bloodforge and Gotham City Impostors in the list, they can be moved elsewhere if an official source doesn't include them in a sale listing tomorrow.

I also made a bit of a format change for the new listings. Instead of listing the prices as "XXX ($Y.YY) Microsoft Points" I used "XXX MSP ($Y.YY)". Always bugged me a little having the dollar value in the middle like that. If the new way sticks, great, if others prefer the old way, that's fine.

Also, is there a character limit for posts? When the OP had about 100 listings last week before the Friday only, 10th anniversary and prior DOTW were removed, using the MSP abbreviation would've saved about 1,300 characters.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cornelius']Lastly, both of your suggestions seem perfectly valid for Spylon to adopt, who helps us out with BBcode-compatible text. If you have any other suggestions to his BBcode generation, this is probably a great time to speak up, so he only needs to make those changes once. ;)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chuckie88']I think this is a good format change, nice work.[/QUOTE]

This looks like a good and well received change. I will update the sharing code the next time I am making a change, probably tonight. :)

Thanks and as always feedback is greatly appreciated.

[quote name='bardockkun']Ubisoft sale next week? Better be finally getting From Dust for 600 points this time around and not some bullshit 800 like last year.[/QUOTE]

Hope for discounts on old Assassin's Creed DLC, and you'll never be disappointed!

Well i had 3070 pts to spend... I had most of what went on sale during that awesome BF/CM week of deals.

I nabbed L4D2 with all of its DLC and The Walking Dead Episode 5 (because i dont think i can go on without tripping over spoilers). This left me with 270 msp left over, and i have two bing accounts ready to pump out points tomorrow and another 3 for Friday. Im gonna pick one of the sega fighters up, i dont know which one yet though and ill be in for Joan of Arc DLC because its the only deadliest warrior merchandise i dont own now. It is a fun game, i just wish the load times were shorter than the matches :D

Here is where you guys come in... which Sega fighter am i grabbing? I dont think i need VF2 yet, and i have NEVER played Sonic Fighters or Fighting Vipers (or Megamixx... here is hoping it gets dropped one day). What are the major differences of SF and FV, do they still hold up enough to merit a purchase with replay value? If not maybe i should start saving up for the 12 days sale...

Hmmm may have to pick up Ms. Pac Man as I have the other two Pac Mans. I highly recommend CE though. Great game and a relatively easy 100% GS.

I really love Burnout Crash. It seems like a completely different game from the main series. Try the demo and if you like it, the full game is more of the same. If you hate it, then no point in buying it. The achievements are tough and will take a lot of luck and skill combined, but not impossible.

Kinect for both Burnout Crash and Dragon's Lair, as expected, make the games much harder and much less fun to play.

[quote name='GunstarRed']I really love Burnout Crash. It seems like a completely different game from the main series. Try the demo and if you like it, the full game is more of the same. If you hate it, then no point in buying it. The achievements are tough and will take a lot of luck and skill combined, but not impossible.

Kinect for both Burnout Crash and Dragon's Lair, as expected, make the games much harder and much less fun to play.[/QUOTE]

You can play Dragon's Lair with a controller. I'm pretty sure that still won't make the game any fun though.

[quote name='eastx']I guess you saw different XBLA sales last week than most of us? While they weren't giving anything away for 90% off, the number of games on sale (across all the simultaneous sales) included several titles that hadn't been on sale before and was totally unparalleled for an XBLA sale.[/QUOTE]

Unparalleled? You're exaggerating. I saw way more excitement in this thread over the unannounced Back to School sale, quite frankly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back