XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='xbox_man']Yeah it is that price, just checked.
Australia also gets it cheaper than America at 640 msp.[/QUOTE]

Are they actually cheaper? Because both Euro and AUD is strong currency compared to USD so 100 MS point in EU and Aussie is more value than 100 points in USA.

Am I right? Everything on sale are just axed for 33% or 50% on their current market price.

PS: wao, a lot of Ubisoft titles this week. head up for SC conviction and AC DLC

[quote name='Sath666']Sales & Specials+ app:

Daytona USA - 400msp (was 800)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - 400msp (was 800)

Chain Reaction - Batman Arkham City[/QUOTE]Wow, a bunch of Sega stuff that's been on sale a few times already, not to mention Streets of Rage was JUST on sale 2 weeks ago for the week of Black Friday.

& for the chain reaction:

- Item 1: Bane Mask for 80 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 2: Robin Bundle Pack for 280 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 3: Catwoman Bundle Pack for 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 4: Nightwing Bundle Pack for 280 MSP (1/2 off)

[quote name='Zonic505']Wow, a bunch of Sega stuff that's been on sale a few times already, not to mention Streets of Rage was JUST on sale 2 weeks ago for the week of Black Friday.

& for the chain reaction:

- Item 1: Bane Mask for 80 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 2: Robin Bundle Pack for 280 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 3: Catwoman Bundle Pack for 400 MSP (1/2 off)
- Item 4: Nightwing Bundle Pack for 280 MSP (1/2 off)[/QUOTE]

werent all three on sale for Black Friday?

this is gonna be my last inquiry for a while... what do you guys consider the best single player experience on XBLA? I think that will help me spend these points wisely

[quote name='WV Matsui']How much is Splinter Cell?[/QUOTE]

800 MSP, 840 here in Italy for God-knows-why... still a good price after all, dunno if I could find it any cheaper around here :)

800 points for From Dust? Yeah, I can keep on waiting for that to be cheaper.

And I have a feeling Arkham City is going to become the new GTA and Bioshock of sales.

Personally I would say Mark of the Ninja. Decent replay value and lots of content. Good controls and cool art style.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']werent all three on sale for Black Friday?

this is gonna be my last inquiry for a while... what do you guys consider the best single player experience on XBLA? I think that will help me spend these points wisely[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Sath666']Sales & Specials+ app:

Daytona USA - 400msp (was 800)
Space Channel 5 Part 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - 400msp (was 800)

Chain Reaction - Batman Arkham City[/QUOTE]
da fuq; Microsoft, lurn 2 crazy taxi! Stinkin game costs more than the dreamcast compilation it comes off of, daytona and rage were just on sale and im p sure most of the other games on that comp have already been perma dropped to $5 _-_

Not much in the UbiSoft sale I don't already have. Picked up Zeit just because it's cheap. Everything else that is even remotely decent I already have. I guess I'll save my points for a a Christmas sale that hopefully has some old forgotten titles.

The Scratch & Match selections this week cracked me up.

Ziet2 is not a bad game for 200MSP. Ubisoft must think From Dust is pure gold because they refuse to lower it by more than 33%. (It's actually a really enjoyable game, arguably worth 800, but at this point they could have easily offered it for 600). I think Rayman 3 is worth 400MSP as well, but it definitely shows its age.

I personally am debating the Prince of Persia Epilogue, as well as re-buying ACII and Splinter Cell for 800MSP each. Any recommendations for the PoP epilogue? I haven't actually played the game yet.

[quote name='bardockkun']800 points for From Dust? Yeah, I can keep on waiting for that to be cheaper.[/QUOTE]
My sentiments exactly. Really disappointed it won't drop to 600 or less.

I guess I get another chance to pick up Might & Magic for 600. Passed the first few times it hit that mark hoping it would drop to 400 or less since the DS version could be had for next to nothing. Should I just go ahead and bite? I get the feeling if I buy it now it'll go 400 next time it goes on sale in a few months. Then again it's only 200 points. How cheap can I be?

[quote name='Juice el Savior']DotW for Gold is the Deadliest Warrior franchise... a hit for some but a miss for most.

I enjoy the hell out of them, but i hate that the loading times for matches are sometimes longer than the matches themselves.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, saw that. Since the game is on disc, I'm gonna pass.

In a way I'm kinda glad the DoTW's been stale (for me) the last couple of weeks, gives me a chance to save up for the much needed DLC for my backlog.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']My sentiments exactly. Really disappointed it won't drop to 600 or less.

I guess I get another chance to pick up Might & Magic for 600. Passed the first few times it hit that mark hoping it would drop to 400 or less since the DS version could be had for next to nothing. Should I just go ahead and bite? I get the feeling if I buy it now it'll go 400 next time it goes on sale in a few months. Then again it's only 200 points. How cheap can I be?[/QUOTE]

Might and Magic is fabulous. I would highly recommend it at that price. Never played the DS version, but I think they essentially redid all of the art for the console release so it looks really nice and crisp. The gameplay is kind of like a tactial Critter Crunch. If that sounds appealing, have at it.

I'm a little confused. Which splinter cell is on sale? I'm seeing mentions of conviction for 800 points. If thats right I will pounce.

[quote name='Althax']I'm a little confused. Which splinter cell is on sale? I'm seeing mentions of conviction for 800 points. If thats right I will pounce.[/QUOTE]

It's Conviction.

[quote name='Thrinn']It's Conviction.[/QUOTE]

Thats the most recent one right? Thats a hell of a deal. I've been wanting to pick that up on the cheap for a while. $10 with discounted points is awesome!

[quote name='Sath666']Yep.

Wish i was waited on SC Conviction, it's something like 320msp on Hungarian marketplace. :/[/QUOTE]

Wow, anyone have a link or care to pm directions on how to set up a hungarian account? oh wait, it would have to be gold right?

How exactly does the chain reaction deals work if you already have one of the items. I have the Catwoman pack so can I just buy the Bane mask and Robin pack, then skip straight to the Nightwing pack for the discount?

I too was wondering that if you can skip catwoman I'll buy the shitty bane mask

ok just checked it counts catwoman as bought already

So we finally get a game for 75% off (Zeit) and it's one I've purchased at 50% off and never got around to playing. Sunnuvabitch! And From Dust continues to steer clear of 50%, so I continue to wait.

At least there's a hefty amount of DLC on sale, even if most of it has been marked down before. It'd be great if Microsoft could diversify DLC sales, since add-ons for certain games get markdowns constantly while others never budge. When will they see the light?

I'm in it for Knives Chau DLC, and perhaps Babel Rising and Revelations DLC later.

[quote name='Tsel']Is Prince of Persia Classic worth it?[/QUOTE]

no, simply buy one of the ac titles at 800 points, i think youd be better off.

I am picking up AC: Brotherhood for 800 ms points, I have been waiting for a disc copy to get around 10 for quite awhile but had to jump on this since I won't need to get an online pass for multiplayer. It''s a pretty good value for 10 bucks or less if you were lucky enough to get on the target sale.

It's ok for 400MSP. The controls are clunky and frustrating, as it's a re-skinned game from 1989. If you need something to play, I'd say check it out. But if you have a backlog, there's no real reason to add this game to the pile.

It said Splinter Cell for 800MSP, but it's Conviction, and I was expecting the original. By the way, the original isn't even on Xbox Live, which is disappointing since I want to play the original so bad, along with Pandora Tomorrow.

I'd say so. If you've played the original game from the late 80s you know what to expect: old school gameplay with HD graphics.

If you're not familiar with the original then I'd suggest giving the demo a try. It gives a good indication of what the entire game is like. The combat is a little deeper than simple button mashing and the jumps require very specific timing. There's some very light puzzle solving elements here and there to break up the combat and platforming. It's not a very forgiving game when compared to more modern games, but if you're looking for a good challenge then you'll probably enjoy it.

[quote name='darkrun']It said Splinter Cell for 800MSP, but it's Conviction, and I was expecting the original. By the way, the original isn't even on Xbox Live, which is disappointing since I want to play the original so bad, along with Pandora Tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can pick up Splinter Cell and Pandora Tomorrow for less than $10 at gamestop.

OT:Im thinking about getting AC:2 I only played it once for like 30 min. but for $10 it sounds like a good price.Is AC:2 better than the other Assassins Creed games?

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I've never played an AC game. If I was gonna buy one should I get Brotherhood or 2?[/QUOTE]

AC2. Still the best in the series.

Tempted by Splinter Cell. Never actually played one of these games, but this seems like a great price for it (Gamestop has it for $13 used). can anyone recommend? I've been really digging Hitman recently. Is the stealth here in a similar vein?

Wonder if they missed it, AC: Brotherhood is still higher priced on the Hungary market.

I've been looking for a good deal on AC:Brotherhood used so can't beat 800 points for it.

[quote name='mpaullin']Tempted by Splinter Cell. Never actually played one of these games, but this seems like a great price for it (Gamestop has it for $13 used). can anyone recommend? I've been really digging Hitman recently. Is the stealth here in a similar vein?[/QUOTE]

Conviction is good stuff. It is the first (and only) Splinter Cell I've played and I had a very good time with it, good stealth and a couple stylish things I really enjoyed.

It's not all that long, but I believe there's also a separate co-op campaign that is really good as well, though I may be mistaken. I never played the co-op.

Yeah! Just applied those Gamestop codes to my account and I'm ready to go! Maybe I'll even spend some on this week's sal- *Checks*

Oh. Maybe next week... *Sulks*

[quote name='shinn']no, simply buy one of the ac titles at 800 points, i think youd be better off.[/QUOTE]

I've already played and beaten all of the Assassin's Creed games on PS3, so those are out the window.

Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes+DLC deserves some love. If you like puzzle/rpg type of style, then you'll enjoy it. I've passed on it the past couple of sales for 800 MSP, but for 600 MSP for the game and 120 MSP for the dlc it's well worth it and not so hard to get the hang of it.

Pulled the trigger on Clash of Heroes + DLC after missing it several times, but I've heard many good things about it and rediscovered my soft side for this kind of puzzle games... anyway, back to the waiting game for I Am Alive (one day flash sale, pwetty pweaze!) :bouncy:

Oh, and anybody has info about this, which popped up as TBA here?

A9P_ILyCEAAg5dK.jpg:large

I've spotted Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger among others, and those two would be more than enough to give me a complete retrogasm! :bow: :bow: :bow:

[quote name='Junpei']

*Capcom Arcade Cabinet picture*

I've spotted Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger among others, and those two would be more than enough to give me a complete retrogasm! :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]Only heard that someone discovered those pics on NeoGaf. My guess is that it's a port of the games that appeared on Capcom Classics Collection (& Remixed/Reloaded) for PS2/Xbox & PSP. Based on the image, seems to have Vulgus, Legendary Wings, Side Arms, 1942, SonSon, Gun.Smoke, Ghosts 'n Goblns, Black Tiger, Commando, Higemaru, Trojan, Section Z, Avengers, Speed Rumbler, & more.

Once it's officially announced, I'll post something here.

[quote name='mpaullin']Tempted by Splinter Cell. Never actually played one of these games, but this seems like a great price for it (Gamestop has it for $13 used). can anyone recommend? I've been really digging Hitman recently. Is the stealth here in a similar vein?[/QUOTE]

The older Splinter Cell games have often been criticized for how the game essentially ends once you've been spotted. Conviction changes up the formula a bit. It's now roughly 60% stealth and 40% Gears of War. The gameplay has been streamlined a bit: there's fewer meters to manage and you don't have to waste time hiding dead bodies. When you get spotted you've now got enough firepower to fight back. The only major fault with the single player is that there's some blatant product placement (such as someone selling branded electric razors at a stand in the middle of a carnival).

Overall it's a pretty good deal at $10.

[quote name='Junpei']Pulled the trigger on Clash of Heroes + DLC after missing it several times, but I've heard many good things about it and rediscovered my soft side for this kind of puzzle games... anyway, back to the waiting game for I Am Alive (one day flash sale, pwetty pweaze!) :bouncy:

I've spotted Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger among others, and those two would be more than enough to give me a complete retrogasm! :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]

Muther of Gawd. I think I need a towel.

Even though Splinter Cell doesnt have the same brutal stealth requirements, it CAN be played with about as much attention to detail if you choose to. I played the game in SP and CO-OP with as much stealth in mind as possible and rarely ever had to engage in any major gunfights.

As others mentioned its simply able to be completed with gun battles occurring unlike previous installments in which they'd usually result in a "game over" scenario.

Its certainly not perfect, but its got a decent story, and pretty fun co-op (online/split screen available), and for 10-20 bucks its a worthwhile purchase if you like assassinating goons in a variety of ways repeatedly.

I can borrow the Assassin Creed games from my brother, are any of the DLCs worth getting? Or maybe I should get Splinter Cell? I could never get into the original, too much stealth for me. Is the multiplayer in Brotherhood very active?

[quote name='Junpei']Oh, and anybody has info about this, which popped up as TBA here?

I've spotted Ghosts'n Goblins and Black Tiger among others, and those two would be more than enough to give me a complete retrogasm! :bow: :bow: :bow:[/QUOTE]

"Hell yes" if it's one big XBLA release, "umm hmm huh maybe" if it's more like Game Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back