XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='bajingo']Haha ooga I've made that mistake a few times with the super cheap games, no more! Just played the demo and it all feels pretty uninspired, pass unless you looooove shmups made in this country. Art style looked just like everything was made of ghost boogers, rewind and FF features weren't enough to sell me on it. If still interested try the demo and see for yourself. Yeah it's only 200 msp, but people here often won't buy an 800 pt game and holdout for 600....
[/QUOTE]
I played Zeit2 last night until I got stuck on this stupid lightening boss and decided to go to bed. I think Bajingo's assessment is a pretty good summary of what the game is about. I payed 400 msp, but had I paid only 200 msp would I feel that I'm getting my money's worth. There's certainly better shooters out there (Trouble Witches, Sine Mora), but fans of the genre should still check Zeit out.

I think Scott Pilgrim is a game with lots of charm, but I couldn't get into it like I did with Castle Crashers. The gameplay just feels....disconnected or something. I think Shank and The Dishwashers games are better beat em up cousins. Also, I haven't played it much, but every time I play, it seems I have to start the game from the first level?

I'm leaning more and more towards getting Ass Creed 2, even though my backlog is already full enough.

[quote name='SevereTireDamage']Note that Prince of Persia (2008) is also on sale for 400MSP. The DLC costs the same.[/QUOTE]

No, this is selling for $19.99 on the us marketplace.
It is the Prince of Persia arcade game that is 400 msp.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Maybe Dawnguard and Hearthfire though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I picked up Dawnguard when it hit 1200 MSP a few weeks back, skipped Hearthfire though.

[quote name='xbox_man']No, this is selling for $19.99 on the us marketplace.
It is the Prince of Persia arcade game that is 400 msp.[/QUOTE]

He means that version was on sale during June during the low-tier GOD sale.

[quote name='discordman']He means that version was on sale during June during the low-tier GOD sale.[/QUOTE]

No, in the low-tier GOD sale was PoP TFS. Pop 2008 didn't get a sale then and neither now, it's PoP Classic what's on sale for 400MSP. I'm with xbox_man on that.

I'm positive about this because I want PoP 2008 but won't get it for the price it has now (about 1280MSP in my country).

[quote name='GamerDude316']Yeah, I picked up Dawnguard when it hit 1200 MSP a few weeks back, skipped Hearthfire though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I just picked it up on Black Friday so I'd love to see a repeat of that sale.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Yeah, I just picked it up on Black Friday so I'd love to see a repeat of that sale.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably bite on Hearthfire if it goes on sale too...I did snag some of the $10 MS Points on BF.

[quote name='xbox_man']No, this is selling for $19.99 on the us marketplace.
It is the Prince of Persia arcade game that is 400 msp.[/QUOTE]Ah, you're right - my apologies

I need 1610 MSP left to buy all the DLC for the AC games, and I'm kinda angry that these aren't permanent. I won't be able to get enough during the sale. All the DLC for Revelations should be permanent price drops anyways. 800MSP for DLC achievements is too much, and 800 for Lost Archive is lame, but I love achievements, so I'll get them.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Just to chime in on the Spelunky discussion, I grabbed it on sale about two weeks ago and I have to say that its one of my most regrettable purchases on XBLA ever. I pulled the trigger based on nearly everyone who frequents this threads overbearing enthusiasm for the title, but I just see no magic in it at all. I can't seem to squeeze any fun out of it at all while playing, and its not due to the difficulty mind you. I just find it uninspired and would always rather be doing/playing something else.[/QUOTE]

I had the same response to Spelunky, although I only tried the demo. It has a really good reputation and I can appreciate that. It's well made. I can't really fault it for anything in particular. The mechanics just didn't click with me. It's got a Rougelike vibe to it, a genre or sub-genre I never cared for.

[quote name='bardockkun']I'm terrible at stealth games, but Splinter Cell is no where as unforgiving as Deus Ex, where if you put your stats in one thing over the other you're kinda fucked in playing that way. Splinter Cell gives you multiple paths to take down enemies, like say wait for a patrol to split up or put them in alert by destroying a car light then take them down one by one. That and it gives you enough bullets and gadgets to not make it too overwhelming.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. Sounds interesting. I'm leaning towards trying it out. The looming spectre of potential xmas sales is staying my hand a bit though.

[quote name='ArmyOfFun']I had the same response to Spelunky, although I only tried the demo. It has a really good reputation and I can appreciate that. It's well made. I can't really fault it for anything in particular. The mechanics just didn't click with me. It's got a Rougelike vibe to it, a genre or sub-genre I never cared for.[/QUOTE]

I really wanted to like it, I just don't. I actually love Roguelikes but it does little to sway me in this case.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I'll probably bite on Hearthfire if it goes on sale too...I did snag some of the $10 MS Points on BF.[/QUOTE]

The only good thing about hearthfire is the farming and fishing where you can make ingredients easily. beats the hell out of walking around picking them or buying them.

in for AC2, glad i stocked up on MSP with the kmart coupon glitch a few months back. being able to buy GOD games for $2.50 each is like Christmas :D

[quote name='bardockkun']And for those hoping Minecraft to be part of 12 days of XMas sale, well...

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/06/report-minecraft-xbla-selling-between-40k-and-60k-units-a-week/

I Think I can see it POSSIBLY going for 1200 points first whenever it goes on sale, but 800 seems to be a big stretch anytime in the coming months.[/QUOTE]

Is there a list of something that says it is on it?
Also, when does the 12 days of Christmas sale start? Would it start 12 days before Christmas and end on Christmas or does it start later and include upto new year also?

Uh, I was basically saying it seems doubtful it'll go on sale for the 12 days of XMas and whenever it's deemed worthy to go on sale that the best we'll probably see is 1200 points.

No one tell MS, but if there's any kind of discount on Minecraft, I will bite. Not expecting a big price drop or sale for a very long time.

is the dlc on sale for assassins creed II worth it.im going to buy the game but dont want to waste the points i have left if i can use them for something better.thanks to all

[quote name='xbox_man']Is there a list of something that says it is on it?
Also, when does the 12 days of Christmas sale start? Would it start 12 days before Christmas and end on Christmas or does it start later and include upto new year also?[/QUOTE]

Its starts before Christmas (around 20th-21st) and ends on New Years Day.

[quote name='RIPANTHONY8008']is the dlc on sale for assassins creed II worth it.im going to buy the game but dont want to waste the points i have left if i can use them for something better.thanks to all[/QUOTE]

I got you these punctuation marks and capital letters. Merry Christmas! :)

I A ' C ? I ' , ' I I T .

[quote name='cthomer5000']Why would they put a game that is racking up record-breaking numbers on sale?[/QUOTE]

They won't.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Why would they put a game that is racking up record-breaking numbers on sale?[/QUOTE]

Maybe a show of good faith or just a thanks to Xbox players. That being said, I don't think it will be on sale this holiday. I had a copy I won and couldn't sell it for more than $10 on the trade thread. So anyone who's actually interested in the game could probably get it on the trade thread for a decent price.

[quote name='eastx']I got you these punctuation marks and capital letters. Merry Christmas! :)

I A ' C ? I ' , ' I I T .[/QUOTE

You got jokes huh?Real funny...

I agree, but I hope we're wrong. Maybe by Christmas 2013 or sooner.

If you want to play Minecraft, buy it. I don't get why people are so hesitant to buy things they really want. Only wait on things you're on the fence about. For me it's stuff like 'Hell Yeah' and 'Dust.'

But shit like Fez, Mark Of The Ninja, Walking Dead... i bought those on release.

And of all games, you KNOW exactly what Minecraft is. Either you want it or you don't.

[quote name='cthomer5000']If you want to play Minecraft, buy it. I don't get why people are so hesitant to buy things they really want. Only wait on things you're on the fence about. For me it's stuff like 'Hell Yeah' and 'Dust.'

But shit like Fez, Mark Of The Ninja, Walking Dead... i bought those on release.

And of all games, you KNOW exactly what Minecraft is. Either you want it or you don't.[/QUOTE]

I want to play Minecraft, but I don't want to pay $20 for it. And a lot of people probably feel the same.

Well I would say it's perfect. The holidays are one day sales and just dropping the price 400 points would get them numbers almost like the launch for only one day. Rather than a DOTW sale or something. People on the fence would be highly motivated to buy.

[quote name='DarkZion']I want to play Minecraft, but I don't want to pay $20 for it. And a lot of people probably feel the same.[/QUOTE]

it's worth $20 though if you truly WANT to play it.

[quote name='sicsonic']it's worth $20 though if you truly WANT to play it.[/QUOTE]
Everyone who thinks it's worth $20 has bought it already. Everyone who wants it but not for $20 is waiting for a sale.

Just cause I want it doesn't mean I have to pay full price. I refuse to pay $20 for an arcade game. I have difficulty justifying $15 for an arcade game.

[quote name='DarkZion']Everyone who thinks it's worth $20 has bought it already. Everyone who wants it but not for $20 is waiting for a sale.

[/QUOTE]

50,000 people disagree with you every week. That is a lot of sales for an arcade title especially considering how many million they have already sold.

I would guess that when most of the arcade titles go on sale for the first time they aren't selling 5,000 a week, some are probably less than 500....

This is one of those games that may never go on sale, at least not until they stop updating it. Every update has added more to the game and made it worth more however they have all been free so far. Once they start selling the new content as DLC then you will see it go on sale.

[quote name='RIPANTHONY8008'][quote name='eastx']I got you these punctuation marks and capital letters. Merry Christmas! :)

I A ' C ? I ' , ' I I T .[/QUOTE

You got jokes huh?Real funny...[/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny.

[quote name='eastx']I got you these punctuation marks and capital letters. Merry Christmas! :)

I A ' C ? I ' , ' I I T .[/QUOTE]
:applause: I'm stealing that.

So glad I picked up Minecraft for $15 from Best Buy on release day. :lol: It'll probably go on sale around the time the Xbox 420 is out.

I think the AC Brotherhood and Revelations add-ons just dropped in price. I paid 400 for the Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive. Pretty sure they were both still 800 last week.

[quote name='Gideon68']Finally won the scratch and match - won the Venus fly trap prop from guardian heroes[/QUOTE]

Well done and thanks for letting us know what the prize was.

[quote name='Anexanhume']I think the AC Brotherhood and Revelations add-ons just dropped in price. I paid 400 for the Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive. Pretty sure they were both still 800 last week.[/QUOTE]

They're part of a Ubisoft sale running through early next week.

[quote name='Gideon68']Finally won the scratch and match - won the Venus fly trap prop from guardian heroes[/QUOTE]
I finally won the scratch and match also. It's kinda funny actually. I bought Guarian Heros last time it was Dotw. I finally got around to playing it yesterday. After beating it I went to the avatar store to put on all the Guardian Hero avatar rewards that I unlocked. Immediately afterwards I played the scratch and match and won the Venus fly trap prop, making my avatars GH gear complete :D

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm thinking about picking up Bully: Scholarship edition. Any thoughts about that game and it's current price?[/QUOTE]

The game is brilliant and really should be played by everyone. It's a ton of fun. The price is better than you're going to find anywhere else, really. Unless of course you get lucky. I'm gonna buy it at this price and trade in my hard copy to Gamestop for $20.

[quote name='TommyLove']I'm thinking about picking up Bully: Scholarship edition. Any thoughts about that game and it's current price?[/QUOTE]

Yeah i think it's worth it. It's a pretty hard disc to find actually, so the price is fair. I'm not a huge fan of rockstar games but i'm enjoying this. Great soundtrack.

[quote name='cthomer5000']Yeah i think it's worth it. It's a pretty hard disc to find actually, so the price is fair. I'm not a huge fan of rockstar games but i'm enjoying this. Great soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Just happened to spot one in a Gamestop a few moments ago for about $30 used. Yowza.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']It'll probably go on sale around the time the Xbox 420 is out.[/QUOTE]
While I know it's not the name, I really shuddered at the thought of that. I can only imagine the pathetic disappointment stoners would find when they light a fire at one side and try to inhale through the opposite.

[quote name='The Ebbtide']While I know it's not the name, I really shuddered at the thought of that. I can only imagine the pathetic disappointment stoners would find when they light a fire at one side and try to inhale through the opposite.[/QUOTE]
The fire part will probably be handled by the console all by itself.

Does anyone want to trade their Bully: Scholarship Edition in mint condition for my 1600 MS points? Personally, I prefer physical copies than digital!

[quote name='DarkZion']
Just cause I want it doesn't mean I have to pay full price. I refuse to pay $20 for an arcade game. I have difficulty justifying $15 for an arcade game.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. This is cheap ass gamers, not which games are worth full price gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back