XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Huh but the lego deals should be 19th...I thought we got the modern warfare deal first? not that I complain...xbldb is picking up them all right now...[/QUOTE]

If I recall, last year the deals would go live the evening of the day before. No clue why the Lego deals went live, though. Perhaps they got a little too excited for the sale.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']All the Lego Games on demand are coming up as $9.99 (Both Indiana Jones games, Harry Potter 1, Batman 1, & Star Wars 3)for me except Star Wars: TCS... It's $19.99. Are these sale prices? I don't know what they cost normally.[/QUOTE]

It figures the Lego Pirates game would go on sale. I bought it for full price. But, it's a gift for the girlfriend, so I probably wouldn't have got the digital one anyhow...

[quote name='Barry Burton']what are the best lego games?[/QUOTE]

Lego Lord of the Rings is my favorite one by far. The Batman ones and Star Wars ones are good too. The Harry Potter and Indiana Jones ones came across as tedious to me.

LEGO Star Wars The Complete Saga is $15 on Amazon with free standard shipping (but it's out of stock right now.) I think the free shipping ends tomorrow.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']You may be able to start Dawnguard quest early if you want, but I am unsure.

Hearthfire isn't a story driven quest. Just a way for players to build there own kick-ass house on their own plot of land. There are other features that are cool, but I won't spoil it for you. I hate spoliers myself.

IMO if you have the microsoft points and the upcoming sale is good, I would just spend your points and get the dlc to expand your experience. The stuff will eventually go on sale again, but will it be soon and will it be as good of a discount. Maybe, but maybe not.

May I ask if you've played Oblivion or even Morrowind?[/QUOTE]

Haven't played either. Skyrim is the first in the series I felt compelled to play.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']If you're going to be pompous, you could at least be accurate.
;)[/QUOTE]

My bad! Thinking back on it, I realized I got a review code for Haunt, so I hadn't picked it up the same way everyone else did.

[quote name='RCS0926']Haven't played either. Skyrim is the first in the series I felt compelled to play.[/QUOTE]same here. i rented it from redbox and kinda liked it.

[quote name='eastx']My bad! Thinking back on it, I realized I got a review code for Haunt, so I hadn't picked it up the same way everyone else did.[/QUOTE]

It's all good!

So I'm most likely going to get LEGO Indiana Jones 1 and 2, Batman, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Star Wars III: The Clone Wars. That'll already put me at 4,000 MSP for the sale. I think I need to slow it down and spread the wealth. I think I may limit it to just 2-3.

Thinking about getting Lego Pirates, but I won't have time to play anytime soon and I might be able to pick it up cheaper later on.

I hate sales. They make me feel like I need to buy stuff....

Picked up MW3 Collection 3 pack since I bought the first two collections last time they were on sale and I'm going to pass on Collection 4 since they are only multiplayer maps and I haven't played multiplayer in a long while.

Probably gonna pass on the Lego games since I already have most of them and still need to finish up Lego Star Wars III.

Picked up MW3 Collection 3 pack since I bought the first two collections last time they were on sale and I'm going to pass on Collection 4 since they are only multiplayer maps and I haven't played multiplayer in a long while.

Probably gonna pass on the Lego games since I already have most of them and still need to finish up Lego Star Wars III.

[quote name='MySaturdaySelf']why don't they just put lego LOTR on GoD this week.. would rather buy that one than any of the rest[/QUOTE]
Because it hasn't been out for 90 days, that's why.

OK, with the mis-timed "early" launch of the sale, this almost guarantees that Xbox Marketing is in control. Why, you ask? Because Marketing works regular office hours (9a-6p PST), and wields too much power than they can handle, whereas the Xbox Operations staff works 24/7 (and can easily deploy at 2am PST).

Therefore, 1 or more of the following errors will probably occur throughout this chaotic 14 day promotion:
  1. Website prices went live, but the Marketplace doesn't reflect the price ... yet. Always verify the checkout price before you hit "download".
  2. Prices posted may be wrong ... as in higher or lower than they should be. If you see something that's too low to be true, jump on it, and again ... verify the checkout price!
  3. The sale items didn't all go on sale simultaneously, and items still at regular price may stay that way, or they may eventually drop later in the day. Except for the TBD/rumored, I'd say the leaked website pages were finalized, because sales like this take months of planning ... seriously!
  4. New content and/or non-Countdown sales may get posted incorrectly, such as "Kinect Party" (launching as "free"), the DOTW, or whatever the S&S+ app has to offer.
  5. Any new pages on Xbox.com may not cache correctly with the search engine.
And last but not least ... remember the "End of the World" promo on Xbox Rewards is gauged by UTC time, which means you have only until 12/21 @ 3:59pm PST to purchase 2000 MSP of content. Don't wait until Friday evening to buy Rockstar games, or any of the XBLA titles on sale for the whole promotion, because it will have been too late to qualify.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']
And last but not least ... remember the "End of the World" promo on Xbox Rewards is gauged by UTC time, which means you have only until 12/21 @ 3:59pm PST to purchase 2000 MSP of content. Don't wait until Friday evening to buy Rockstar games, or any of the XBLA titles on sale for the whole promotion, because it will have been too late to qualify.[/QUOTE]
I kind of thought the fine print indicated that the End of the World promo was good for the whole month of December, not just until 12/21. Is this for sure?

Because I hadn't really paid attention to Kinect Party until it was offered as a free download I thought I'd google it to see what it was all about. I typed in the title in the search bar and clicked on the third result because its description mentioned pricing details. I read through the short article, happy that it answered my questions about pricing while also giving me an idea of the game's structure. When I got to the bottom of the article I found that it was written by this threads' own eastx. A totally unplanned, "It's a small world" type moment! Thanks for the breakdown Paul!:D

[quote name='chuckie88']When I got to the bottom of the article I found that it was written by this threads' own eastX. A totally unplanned, "It's a small world" type moment! Thanks for the breakdown Paul!:D[/QUOTE]

Glad you saw that, man. I should write more to increase the chances of people running into my work! :)

Hmmm I am gonna need to delete a lot of stuff from my 60gb hardrive this wwek.

Which lego game should I get Lego Star Wars 3 or Lego Indiana Jones 2? I already have Lego SW:The Complete Saga and Indiana Jones.And I could care less about Harry P. Or Pirates.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Hmmm I am gonna need to delete a lot of stuff from my 60gb hardrive this wwek.

Which lego game should I get Lego Star Wars 3 or Lego Indiana Jones 2? I already have Lego SW:The Complete Saga and Indiana Jones.And I could care less about Harry P. Or Pirates.[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought PotC and HP were the best Lego games I've played. Then again, it could be because I prefer those movies over the other two.

[quote name='Vap']I honestly thought PotC and HP were the best Lego games I've played. Then again, it could be because I prefer those movies over the other two.[/QUOTE]

well that must be the reason, because those games are certainly not better than LEGO Indy, Star wars, or Batman ;)

LEGO Batman 2 is the best of the bunch IMO. I haven't played LOTR yet, but it doesn't sound quite as grand in scale gameplay-wise.

My gold subscription just ran out yesterday and I renewed it today. Does this disqualify me from the $1.25 XBLA end of the World promotion? It says you have to be a gold member through the month of december, but I'm not sure if that means starting December 1st.

I am in Australia and i am wanting to know if there is any reason LEGO POTC is not $9.95 like the other LEGO games?
Also, what region msp would work on a Hungarian account?
I thought there were arcade games on sale that went for the whole countdown also?

EDIT: This is the list I am talking about with the arcade games on sale, which is back up again and with Super Meat Boy added to the list (prices still original prices)
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/countdown-2013-arcade-games

[quote name='Sath666']Bought Lego Batman and Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for total of 640msp. Love these cheap GoD games. :)[/QUOTE]
how you get it soo cheap.. sw eps 3 is 800 msp for me?

[quote name='crazylox2001']how you get it soo cheap.. sw eps 3 is 800 msp for me?[/QUOTE]

I am guessing Hungarian marketplace.
I wish the LEGO Pirates was 320 msp also.

[quote name='Sath666']Bought Lego Batman and Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for total of 640msp. Love these cheap GoD games. :)[/QUOTE]

Hey, this is from Hungarian marketplace right?
What region do they use for msp?

[quote name='xbox_man']Hey, this is from Hungarian marketplace right?
What region do they use for msp?[/QUOTE]

Yep, i guess UK points will works, but i bought some region free 400msp codes to be 100% sure.

What is ''Hidden Gems'' thing on dashboard? Some sale or just recommendations? There are games like Rocket Knight, Pool Nation, Hard Corps, Metal Slug 3,Skullgirls, and few others and ? square. So far shows them with original prices. Hopefully is sale.

Serious Sam is up, though some pages don't have the "Jewel of the Nile" DLC pricing reflected, so I'm hacking the OP anyways enhancing Bloomy's initial edit in the OP. It's what Sam would've wanted. :)

[quote name='Sath666']What is ''Hidden Gems'' thing on dashboard? Some sale or just recommendations? There are games like Rocket Knight, Pool Nation, Hard Corps, Metal Slug 3,Skullgirls, and few others and ? square. So far shows them with original prices. Hopefully is sale.[/QUOTE]
I think they're typically cheap games they put in the "everyday value" section. I guess we'll know later on Tuesday?

More prices going into affect...

R.A.W. dropped to 400. (1200 normally)
Fire Pro Wresting 400 (800 normally)

Super Meat Boy, SONIC 4 Episode II, and Plants vs. Zombies dropped to 600. (1200 MSP normally.)

Simpsons did a WTF and only dropped 200 MSP. Its now 600. (Was 800)

Will download demo for RAW and try it at that price. :)

EDIT: PRICES NOT FULL IN EFFECT!!
(Hold off a little longer. All is good.)

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Hmmm I am gonna need to delete a lot of stuff from my 60gb hardrive this wwek.

Which lego game should I get Lego Star Wars 3 or Lego Indiana Jones 2? I already have Lego SW:The Complete Saga and Indiana Jones.And I could care less about Harry P. Or Pirates.[/QUOTE]

LEGO Indiana Jones 2 includes all four films and improves upon the original. If given the choice I'd recommend most people skip the first and go for the second.

I'm on my phone but maybe someone can edit the OP to clarify since I keep seeing this question come up and hopefully this will save someone $10 and avoid the disappointment if they thought the 2 games were completely different.

Here's a link to GameSpot's review with clarification: http://m.gamespot.com/lego-indiana-.../reviews/lego-indiana-jones-2-review-6241373/

[quote name='Sath666']Yep, i guess UK points will works, but i bought some region free 400msp codes to be 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

thanks.
hopefully i can get a 1600 msp code from the trade thread. Tried a supposed region free code from ebay but did not work, its ok though as it works on my main account.

Is Super Meat Boy worth 600 msp?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']More prices going into affect...

R.A.W. dropped to 400. (1200 normally)
[/QUOTE]

They should have put Torchlight instead for the same price. I mean, R.A.W. is not worth even at 400.

[quote name='xbox_man']thanks.
hopefully i can get a 1600 msp code from the trade thread. Tried a supposed region free code from ebay but did not work, its ok though as it works on my main account.

Is Super Meat Boy worth 600 mso?[/QUOTE]

Wait, isn't 1600msp codes US only? I can't see these working for Hungarian account.

SMB is steal at 600msp. Probably the best platformer on XBLA. From what i remember there are 300+ levels in the main game + some hidden ''Glitch'' levels. And if that isn't enough, Team Meat has added tons of additional content in ''Teh Internets'' menu, rather than charging for dlc, like most of the developers do.

[quote name='Sath666']They should have put Torchlight instead for the same price. I mean, R.A.W. is not worth even at 400.[/QUOTE]

But "Joe Danger 2" is a STEAL at 400 MSP! I'll make some changes right now while I'm in the OP, but Serious Sam is seriously done now. :lol:

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']More prices going into affect...

R.A.W. dropped to 400. (1200 normally)[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about a huge drop... however, judging from reviews and feedbacks around teh Interwebs, it really looks like developers should credit you that many points to make you play their game... :whistle2:#

Actually, I took my time to complete and (partially) enjoy that shameful pile of bugs that was D&D: Daggerdale, but only because I grabbed it for free during the Russian/Chinese Marketplace "incident", plus I'm a sucker for hack'n slashes despite how bad they may be, so perhaps I'll give the demo a roll.

Now, if only they would do the very same discount on both Deathspanks and The Baconing... :roll:

[quote name='Sath666']They should have put Torchlight instead for the same price. I mean, R.A.W. is not worth even at 400.

It's that bad?

Wait, isn't 1600msp codes US only? I can't see these working for Hungarian account.

Ok, what is something around the same size that would work, as i will be getting a few things from there.

SMB is steal at 600msp. Probably the best platformer on XBLA. From what i remember there are 300+ levels in the main game + some hidden ''Glitch'' levels. And if that isn't enough, Team Meat has added tons of additional content in ''Teh Internets'' menu, rather than charging for dlc, like most of the developers do.[/QUOTE]

I think you have convinced me to buy Super Meat Boy.

Done with the OP for tonight ... I'll let Spylon's script catch all the price-drops (or they can be lifted from 1 of the many other threads/sites tracking the sale), but that's enough BB-code for me! :lol:

BTW, did everyone see that @GearboxSoftware posted SHiFT codes worth 5 GOLDEN KEYS for Borderlands 2 on Monday night?

Zumas revenge is 400 msp. It said 800 but when i clicked to buy it said 400 msp.
Also for Australia the Bully Game on Demand game is 640 msp, 800 msp for America.

Awesome, I'm definitely getting Zuma's Revenge. I'm still struggling with the first one on the very last stage though lol I hope this one doesn't kick my butt just as bad. I may try out SMB and a few others and pick up Bully depending on how much it is.

was hoping simpsons would be 200.....looks like ill just be waiting, id grab jsr if i didn't have it on my vita already. Hope Sonic Adventure 2 will be 400 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back