XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Cornelius']Dammit ... what's the point of putting in a fancy DHTML countdown clock if they're not going to enforce the thing? Lame. :)[/QUOTE]

That's what threw me. It seems that they're... this is embarrassing... actually counting down until the end of the world. :applause:

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Joe Danger for 400? Oh hell yes! I'm still on the fence about Sonic though. First one was alright. Any thoughts if it's worth the 600?[/QUOTE]
It's been 600 MSP once already ... http://xbldb.com/offers/005-2fb ... I'd only (seriously) consider it if you had Sonic 4 Episode 1 already, in which case you get "lock on" functionality to play as Tails through Episode 1. Otherwise RB3 (and Bully) are WAY better investments.

[quote name='Cornelius']It's been 600 MSP once already ... http://xbldb.com/offers/005-2fb ... I'd only (seriously) consider it if you had Sonic 4 Episode 1 already, in which case you get "lock on" functionality to play as Tails through Episode 1. Otherwise RB3 (and Bully) are WAY better investments.[/QUOTE]

Also if you own Sonic 4 Episode I, you unlock the Metal Sonic stages on Sonic 4 Episode II. I enjoyed very much both of them, though I prefer the first one (I know people like more the second).

[quote name='Sath666']They should have put Torchlight instead for the same price. I mean, R.A.W. is not worth even at 400.[/quote]

I own two copies of Torchlight (PC/XBLA), a copy of Torchlight 2, and I've never played either... So I have no idea why I'm off to try the R.A.W. demo... :lol:

[quote name='Junpei']plus I'm a sucker for hack'n slashes despite how bad they may be, so perhaps I'll give the demo a roll.[/quote]

Tried the demo of that one... ugh horrible game. Then again 4th edition about killed D&D for me so I had a lot of hate built up already. :lol:

Here's my Sonic 4 Episode II review. I definitely recommend it if you like Sonic or platformers in general. Most of the people who don't like Episode II just don't really like the Sonic games any more, though I admit it has a few lingering problems.

And here's my Zuma's Revenge review too while we're at it. Fantastic puzzle game and much easier than the first Zuma.

[quote name='eastx']Here's my Sonic 4 Episode II review. I definitely recommend it if you like Sonic or platformers in general. Most of the people who don't like Episode II just don't really like the Sonic games any more, though I admit it has a few lingering problems.

And here's my Zuma's Revenge review too while we're at it. Fantastic puzzle game and much easier than the first Zuma.[/QUOTE]

What you think is a better game? Zuma Revenge or Peggle + DLC.

Just tried to get some cheap LEGO games on my Hungarian account and it is saying not available from your location, this sucks.
The past few sales i have had no problem downloading the games on demand games but this is annoying.

[quote name='xbox_man']Just tried to get some cheap LEGO games on my Hungarian account and it is saying not available from your location, this sucks.
The past few sales i have had no problem downloading the games on demand games but this is annoying.[/QUOTE]

That happens when the game is region blocked, some are and some aren't, bad luck this time.

Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.

Scratch & Match loser deals:
Catan (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Catan - General Expansion Pack 1 (80 MSP, 40% off)
Catan - Mayfair Skin Pack (80 MSP, 53-ish% off)

[quote name='xbox_man']Just tried to get some cheap LEGO games on my Hungarian account and it is saying not available from your location, this sucks.
The past few sales i have had no problem downloading the games on demand games but this is annoying.[/QUOTE]

So Hungarian accounts get the GoD for cheaper? Might have to make an account and make sure the games aren't region locked if that's the case.

[quote name='dominator']So Hungarian accounts get the GoD for cheaper? Might have to make an account and make sure the games aren't region locked if that's the case.[/QUOTE]

Thats right, but as I have found out some of the games are region locked.
So I am in Australia and I could not get any of the LEGO games with the Hungarian account.
People living in America will probably not be able to get them also, but can't say for sure.

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.
[/QUOTE]

I love Frogger in PS1 and tried the demo for this and is a great deal if you play with friends (So I will buy it).

[quote name='xbox_man']Thats right, but as I have found out some of the games are region locked.
So I am in Australia and I could not get any of the LEGO games with the Hungarian account.
People living in America will probably not be able to get them also, but can't say for sure.[/QUOTE]

Dang, would be amazing to get those games for 4 bucks, (2 bucks if you got MSP from Target on Black Friday). Anyways, someone said something about picking up Zuma or Peggle, in my opinion, Peggle is one of the best arcade games to pass time away and it never gets boring, just a bit frustrating sometimes, you can't go wrong it.

B[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.

Scratch & Match loser deals:
Catan (400 MSP, 1/2 off)
Catan - General Expansion Pack 1 (80 MSP, 40% off)
Catan - Mayfair Skin Pack (80 MSP, 53-ish% off)[/QUOTE]

I'd also like any opinions on Frogger HAE.

And I was just about to report the Scratch & Match. I've played the hell out of Catan and I think this is the first time the DLC has gone on sale so I'm biting on it. The expansion pack gives more AI personalities to play against and the skin pack uses the original artwork for the game.

[quote name='Zonic505']Well holy crap, there's DLC for Doritos Crash Course coming Jan. 2nd with 2 new environments (10 levels each), easier versions of Japan levels, 3 new achievements, & avatar awards to unlock.[/QUOTE]

The link said it will cost 160 MSP. For that price I'll probably pick it up at launch.

Yes! I'm so glad I didn't buy Bully at $15. It's $5 off that price so $10 right now. Just bought it. I was able to avoid another Crysis ummm... crisis ;)

[quote name='Cleaner7']The link said it will cost 160 MSP. For that price I'll probably pick it up at launch.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe they made DLC for a free game.

[quote name='Blaster man']I can't believe they made DLC for a free game.[/QUOTE]

And then charge you for it, lol

[quote name='Cleaner7']The link said it will cost 160 MSP. For that price I'll probably pick it up at launch.

Yes! I'm so glad I didn't buy Bully at $15. It's $5 off that price so $10 right now. Just bought it. I was able to avoid another Crysis event :)[/QUOTE]

They are going to put it for $5 one day. Watch.

If this was Steam this would probably happen anyways :)

[quote name='gundamb0i']Does anybody know how to install Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged disc? They won't let me install it for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Compilation disks don't work that way.

[quote name='Blaster man']I can't believe they made DLC for a free game.[/QUOTE]

Me neither but I'm an achievement whore so that price speaks to me.

I'm really tempted to get RB3 for $10 but will stick with my disc copy. I could use those points on more tracks or games/DLC. The same goes for Zuma's Revenge. I want it but was holding out for a price drop on the disc because it includes Bejeweled 3 too. My HDD is always full so if I can get a cheap disc I'd rather go that route.

[quote name='Blaster man']Compilation disks don't work that way.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was only disc you could pull the arcade games from.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']R.A.W. dropped to 400. (1200 normally)[/QUOTE]

Played the demo... My thoughts.

Controls are good, not great. I thought there was some issues with the “hold to use” the more powerful version of your abilities but I finally dawned on me that it was the cool down causing it.

Information; the game does a good job of telling you what you need to know... Its very apparent rather or not item A is better than item B. Damaged being done or received is in a nice big font. Bigger enemies have life bars. Etc. They got this right.

Graphics, are good. Enemies show up in a slight pale red when obscured by the environment which is a really nice plus. There is no zoom in mode so you cannot really enjoy the character model as your items change about. (This might be on purpose as I've only seen new colors on the same object so far.)
Story; I guess I can see why people say its generic... but truth be told it looks to me like thought went into it and they took some chances... (I'm guessing the story gets lost in the hack and slash.)

The Meh.
Leveling Up; Truth be told. Its really darn slow even at low levels... I really think they made a mistake by doing this... You don't feel the push of just a few enemies more.

The Bad.
Saving; You can only save when you finish the current level/map... I can understand the need to finish a map to advance to the next one... but not being able to save my character's progress/equipment except when at the end of the level is a horrible idea.

Online Play; There is none. There is an achievement for starting a couch co-op game so there is a couch co-op mode for what its worth.

Needed Information
WTF Moments; Early on in the game/late in the demo there is a spot where you just get overrun with enemies... but any experienced Diablo player is going to fire potshots from the edge of the map (If not outright retreat from it) but you can escape from it.. and what you need to do is push forward through it. I ended up using all of my health potions/reincarnations... Though this might have been by design. I'm not sure. (I didn't push forward till the last life.)

So, I ended up buying it. 5 bucks, well, less than that as I buy MSP at a discount and I loaded up on points 9K for these sales hoping for three season passes to go on sale but only one has been mentioned so far, so I likely have a bunch of points to spare.) I've spent two hours on it and I'm enjoying it for what it is. (I'm also enjoying it more than I did the Diablo III beta... It really plays more like DI or DII.)

On one other thing I noticed that has no real barring on the game but is noteworthy... Its the first game I've played in a long time that didn't patch when I first started playing it.

Picked up Joe Danger 2 and Bully.

I still haven't received the Bully disc I ordered off of Ebay for $21.31 and it supposedly shipped out Dec 04 from Canada. Seller left no tracking number, but for something to take this long is kind of suspicious.

[quote name='Zonic505']Well holy crap, there's DLC for Doritos Crash Course coming Jan. 2nd with 2 new environments (10 levels each), easier versions of Japan levels, 3 new achievements, & avatar awards to unlock.[/QUOTE]

Somebody beat you to it: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10292687&postcount=3198 ;)

[quote name='Zonic505']Anyone have opinions for Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition? $5 seems more reasonable for a Frogger game, especially one that tries to update the gameplay & adds skins from other Konami franchises like Contra, Castlevania, & DDR. Gonna download the demo to try out, but might as well get some opinions.[/QUOTE]

I like it a lot. It still has some rough edges - not all of the modes are all that fun, and it's hard to tell where the edges of logs are as always. But the graphical themes, variety of music (some of which is excellent), and multitude of game modes make Hyper Edition the best Frogger ever. If you like Frogger at all, you'll probably dig it.

[quote name='Saren Arterius']What you think is a better game? Zuma Revenge or Peggle + DLC.[/QUOTE]

That's a tough one! Zuma's Revenge has less of a random element and is more speed and skill-based. I probably enjoy it more than Peggle, but I love both games very much. You might try the demos and see which one grabs you quicker.

Well, you can't expect them to keep making new stuff for Crash Course and never charge you for it. People who like the game enough can pay the small price and get new and easier stuff to do, while anyone who's not interested can happily ignore it.

So to clarify: if I buy "Full Game - Kinect Party", I don't need to download any of the DLC, right? It's all included? I just want to be sure. :)

[quote name='crunchewy']So to clarify: if I buy "Full Game - Kinect Party", I don't need to download any of the DLC, right? It's all included? I just want to be sure. :)[/QUOTE]

Same question. I read about an unlock download yesterday but dont see it listed under extras. Only the stargazer add on.

[quote name='crunchewy']So to clarify: if I buy "Full Game - Kinect Party", I don't need to download any of the DLC, right? It's all included? I just want to be sure. :)[/QUOTE]

It's not included. Full game means it isn't the demo version. It doesn't mean it includes current or future DLC.

[quote name='Bosamba']Picked up Joe Danger 2 and Bully.

I still haven't received the Bully disc I ordered off of Ebay for $21.31 and it supposedly shipped out Dec 04 from Canada. Seller left no tracking number, but for something to take this long is kind of suspicious.[/QUOTE]

If you live outside of Canada, 2-3 weeks isn't so unexpected to move a package across borders, especially during the holiday season. I speak from experience.

However, I would be wary of sellers that don't provide tracking info.

[quote name='Bosamba']Picked up Joe Danger 2 and Bully.

I still haven't received the Bully disc I ordered off of Ebay for $21.31 and it supposedly shipped out Dec 04 from Canada. Seller left no tracking number, but for something to take this long is kind of suspicious.[/QUOTE]
You do know it has to go through customs and this time of the year the mail goes slower..

[quote name='Sath666']Bought Lego Batman and Star Wars III: The Clone Wars for total of 640msp. Love these cheap GoD games. :)[/QUOTE]

Waiting for the punchline Sath.....

[quote name='Blaster man']It's not included. Full game means it isn't the demo version. It doesn't mean it includes current or future DLC.[/QUOTE]

So do I go into the game and download in there, or do I download the DLC separately? So confusing....

Sounds like if you have the disc version of RB3, and you have space on your HDD, you should sell your disc version and buy the GoD version. Save money and have the game ready to fire up at will.

Does anyone know if the Keyboard bundle includes the game in full game case, or is it in a sleeve? I might buy the Keyboard bundle and the GoD version, sell the disc version once I get it.

[quote name='crunchewy']So do I go into the game and download in there, or do I download the DLC separately? So confusing....[/QUOTE]

You can download its free DLCs from here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/P...-d8025841125c?DownloadType=GameAddon#LiveZone
I was able to snatch both the unlock key (which is labeled Kinect Party too, but it's 108kb) and the Star Gazer from that page, dunno if they're blocked somehow in other regions though...

[quote name='crazylox2001']does anyone know how much the rockstar games will cost on sale? thanks[/QUOTE]

Current prices -

L.A. Noire - $29.99
Max Payne 3 - $59.99
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $14.99
Red Dead Redemption - $29.99

I would assume L.A. Noire and RDR will drop to either $15 or $20. MC:LA will probably be $10 and MP3 will maybe drop to $30.

For me, gonna demo Frogger, Zuma's Revenge, and RAW. Also thinking about Lego POTC and Lego Star Wars III, but I usually like playing Lego games on PS3, plus I already have both Lego Harry Potters and Lego Batman 2 in my backlog, so do I really need 5 Lego games in my backlog?

Buying Keflings DLC for sure.

Also contemplating Rock Band 3. I think I may wait to buy a lot of the games from the long-term sales, and see how much the daily deals ravish my points stash.

[quote name='MWB']Current prices -

L.A. Noire - $29.99
Max Payne 3 - $59.99
Midnight Club: Los Angeles - $14.99
Red Dead Redemption - $29.99

I would assume L.A. Noire and RDR will drop to either $15 or $20. MC:LA will probably be $10 and MP3 will maybe drop to $30.[/QUOTE]

man i hope RDR is 800 i know it wont happen but i can hope right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back