XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I hate every single person in here that was pushing people to buy Bully last week before it really went on sale. :bomb:

Picked up Lego Pirates and Lego Star Wars III, but I refuse to get Lego Star Wars TCS because of that ridiculous sale price compared to everything else. The only other thing I'll probably get at the moment is the Keflings DLC.[/QUOTE]

Is bully actually good? I never played it and have a hell of a backlog. Also, isn't it old? Like a ps2 game? Is it in HD?

[quote name='Blaster man']Is bully actually good? I never played it and have a hell of a backlog. Also, isn't it old? Like a ps2 game? Is it in HD?[/QUOTE]

It's a ps2 game. It's "kinda" in HD but it shows its age. If you are a fan of rockstar or open world games in general you will enjoy it. I'm debating picking it up for 800 myself.

I ordered LEGO Star Wars TCS from Amazon for $15 and I just bought LEGO Indiana Jones and LEGO Batman, now I only have 400 MSP, but I have more Amazon gift cards on the way! I need to be careful and save some points for SA2 on Thursday. I also plan on getting Bully, Super Meat Boy, Plants VS Zombies, Sonic 4 Ep2, and Sonic 2, which is 2760 MSP total! (Almost $35)

Imagine my disappointment to see that I had a bunch of Live points expire last week. Had I known they were going away I would have spent them pronto. Not sure if they were from Bing or what but does it matter? Points are points.

I hate Xbox. Playstation only for me from now on.

Edit: Looking at the transaction history, looks like I've been bleeding points for a couple months now. About $20 worth. Probably gonna call and try to get an explanation. Total crap that they give me no heads up about it.

[quote name='Not Eric']Imagine my disappointment to see that I had a bunch of Live points expire last week. Had I known they were going away I would have spent them pronto. Not sure if they were from Bing or what but does it matter? Points are points.

Edit: Looking at the transaction history, looks like I've been bleeding points for a couple months now. About $20 worth. Probably gonna call and try to get an explanation. Total crap that they give me no heads up about it.[/QUOTE]

This is taken from the Xbox Rewards FAQ page, there's probably a similar set of rules that apply to Bing points:
Q. Will my Xbox LIVE Rewards Points expire?
A. Rewards Points expire on June 30, 2013, unless notified otherwise. So once they are added to your Xbox LIVE account, be sure to use them before they expire. To view any points in your Xbox LIVE account that have expiration dates, go to the Billing and Account Management page, sign in with your Windows Live ID, and then click Microsoft Points under Stored Credits. If you have points that are expiring in the next thirty days, you can click View expiring points to view the points and their expiration dates. See Terms and Conditions for full details.

[quote name='Not Eric']Imagine my disappointment to see that I had a bunch of Live points expire last week. Had I known they were going away I would have spent them pronto. Not sure if they were from Bing or what but does it matter? Points are points.

Edit: Looking at the transaction history, looks like I've been bleeding points for a couple months now. About $20 worth. Probably gonna call and try to get an explanation. Total crap that they give me no heads up about it.[/QUOTE]

o_O

Points can expire? Only promo points like Bing, right?

Is the MW3 Chaos pack worth it at 600 pts? I really don't play that game online so it seems like the only pack that really has anything to offer me...but is it worth it?

(other packs have a couple of solo playable spec ops missions each, but 2 missions for 600 pts no way)

[quote name='Thrinn']This is taken from the Xbox Rewards FAQ page, there's probably a similar set of rules that apply to Bing points:[/QUOTE]

Will it automatically use the expiring points first? I don't want to have to spend all my points to get to the expiring ones...

[quote name='friskytanuki']i hate every single person in here that was pushing people to buy bully last week before it really went on sale. :bomb:[/quote]

Thank You!!!

[quote name='Zolor23']o_O

Points can expire? Only promo points like Bing, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zolor23']Will it automatically use the expiring points first? I don't want to have to spend all my points to get to the expiring ones...[/QUOTE]

According to this page:

Points that have expiration dates, such as those earned through promotions or special offers, are automatically redeemed before other points are used.

[quote name='Zolor23']Will it automatically use the expiring points first? I don't want to have to spend all my points to get to the expiring ones...[/QUOTE]

From the Microsoft Account FAQ:
How do I use my expiring Microsoft Points first?

Points that have expiration dates, such as those earned through promotions or special offers, are automatically redeemed before other points are used.

[quote name='ButtonsChan']From the Microsoft Account FAQ:

How do I use my expiring Microsoft Points first?

[/QUOTE]

I raised this issue a couple of days ago, but got no feedback.
I'm in a similar situation with Supposed promo points ending on the 31st of this month. BUT, when I look at the "Points expiring in the next 30 days" on microsoft billing website, it doesnt say any are expiring...

[quote name='crunchewy']What if you tried the demo of Super Meat Boy and got frustrated and never even finished that? LOL. It was irritating me a lot more than it was being fun. Still, I might give it another shot. Not sure. Probably not, though. I'd rather get some of the other sale games.[/QUOTE]

I don't like hard or frustrating games.
I loved Super Meat Boy.
I beat the game, but there are a bunch more
expert levels I'm not good enough for.

The demo is not truly representative of the game.
It has an easy level, medium level, then hard level.
There are a ton of really fun easy and medium levels,
before you even get to the hard levels.

I've got 5 bing rewards accounts (thank you Microsoft!), so i'll be getting Super Meat Boy, Plants vs Zombies for now. I have nothing against Bully but it's not interesting to me.

Seriously, do bing rewards.

Bing rewards are great! I prefer to get Amazon credit and then buy the points there so they don't expire....

Picked up Bully so far and will probably be getting Joe Danger, Keflings DLC. Downloading a few demos for my kids to try and they can't stop playing Kinect Party long enough to try them :)

Most excited about The Walking Dead though as I really like the show and loved the demo, but don't want to spend more than $20 on it. Looks like I will get my wish...

Don't know if something has changed but I can't find any fine print for the Bing rewards Microsoft points anywhere.

PS: And let's just say, that according to the number of points taken vs redeemed, they definitely didn't use the expiring points first. Or at all.

From my experience, I've never lost redeemed microsoft points from bing rewards. I've been a member for a loooong time. Never lost points even after months of hoarding them.

So what you peeps are talking about, I don't know.

[quote name='gordojones88']I don't like hard or frustrating games.
I loved Super Meat Boy.
I beat the game, but there are a bunch more
expert levels I'm not good enough for.

The demo is not truly representative of the game.
It has an easy level, medium level, then hard level.
There are a ton of really fun easy and medium levels,
before you even get to the hard levels.[/QUOTE]

This is the worst poem I've ever read, it doesn't even try to rhyme...

[quote name='joebootoo']This is the worst poem I've ever read, it doesn't even try to rhyme...[/QUOTE]

I don't normally do this but...:applause:

[quote name='wirechild']Bing rewards are great! I prefer to get Amazon credit and then buy the points there so they don't expire....

Picked up Bully so far and will probably be getting Joe Danger, Keflings DLC. Downloading a few demos for my kids to try and they can't stop playing Kinect Party long enough to try them :)

Most excited about The Walking Dead though as I really like the show and loved the demo, but don't want to spend more than $20 on it. Looks like I will get my wish...[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more with you on The Walking Dead, the demo just got me so excited. Doesn't hurt that they all got glowing reviews.

i have a dumn question .. when does the bully sale end? i ask bc im thinking bully or lego and since lego sale ends i can wait to get more points for bully thanks

Anyone know what happened to the Kinect Party: The Star Gazer DLC? It's not showing up in search and the link in the OP leads to a page not found.

Bully is fantastic. Easily one of my favorite Rockstar games and one of the only ones I played to 100% completion.

Super Meat Boy is quite fun. My only problem is the slidy wall-jumping is too imprecise but that makes large swaths of the game intolerable, but mostly in the post-game expert runs

I felt kind of burned when I picked up Crysis a few months ago. I liked it, but not as much as I was hyped up. I might try Bully, despite not loving Rockstar games.

LOL. I didn't even know Serious Sam 3 was out on the 360. was there any kind of release news back then for it? I remember reading about the PC version and was so psyched about it.

And now it's on sale for 600 points! woohoo!

rock band 3 for 800 points? yeah, that's tempting as well. i may actually run out of points this sales cycle.

also looking at mark of the ninja.

[quote name='gtbrigs']Anyone know what happened to the Kinect Party: The Star Gazer DLC? It's not showing up in search and the link in the OP leads to a page not found.[/QUOTE]
The full unlock DLC unlocks all of the channels, so you don't need it. Later they're going to sell each channel individually. They just put that one up early I guess.

bought Fire Pro unsure why. I'm a fan of the old games but this one is just silly. might get the DLC too just to have the extra moves, thats always nice. other than that, nothing I want will be on sale. although I may have to get one of the Trials games, I dunno. what do you guys think of the Trials games, which is the best?

[quote name='Masters_93']Which one ?

I'm thinking about picking up Pirates but I'm just wondering if anyone here played it/has an opinion on it ?[/QUOTE]
I liked it, but like all Lego games I tend to lose interest after about the third level. That's just me, though. Eventually I'll go back and finish it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The full unlock DLC unlocks all of the channels, so you don't need it. Later they're going to sell each channel individually. They just put that one up early I guess.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, much thanks. Worried that I missed something when I had the chance to grab it earlier. Relieved to find out that it's still all good.

Guys think its worth getting lego batman 1? I had #2, never got to playing it and recely traded it in into GS. Gamefly had it on sale recently for $10 so im sure it will be right back to that price on friday if not very soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PrinnyJ']Wait, was Simpsons actually 400 at some point? If so, I somehow missed that. I was not pumped to get home today and find it at 600, guess I'm still holding off then.[/QUOTE]

First week of September it was 400msp. Check out Spylon's site for histories on price changes on arcade games. Very handy if you aren't sure if the deal you are looking at is the best you can get.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I felt kind of burned when I picked up Crysis a few months ago. I liked it, but not as much as I was hyped up. I might try Bully, despite not loving Rockstar games.[/QUOTE]

How much did you spend for Crysis? Looking to pick it up once it goes on sale again. Missed it last time.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Is anyone else's Bully controlling sort of weird? If I'm trying to run straight, I'll only walk. In order to run, I have to be going at a slight angle. It's annoying[/QUOTE]

Yes, I've noticed the same thing. I don't think it's my controller either since on other games it works fine.

[quote name='gtbrigs']Ahh, much thanks. Worried that I missed something when I had the chance to grab it earlier. Relieved to find out that it's still all good.[/QUOTE]

No one ever listens to me.....

[quote name='otangz']Rayman Origins now half off! I've been waiting awhile to play this game.[/QUOTE]

$20 on website, is that half off?

[quote name='berzirk']It's fun if you're heavily into the Star Wars world, but they have made significant improvements to the LEGO franchise over time. As crazy as it sounds, major graphics improvements, MUCH better co-op, and a better, albeit still wonky, camera.

$10 for the other LEGO games is madness. If I didn't have a 6 year old who devours those games, I wish I would've waited to get digital, and for $10ea. I probably paid on average about $15 for the discs.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. I decided against Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga for $20. Instead, I got Lego Harry Potter and Lego Star Wars III for $10 each, after consulting the wife on her preferences. We played for a couple hours this afternoon and she seems to enjoy them.

In other news, these sales are bankrupting me of my spacebucks stockpile. I've already purchased Realms of Ancient War, Plants vs. Zombies, Rock Band 3, Bully: Scholarship Edition, Super Meat Boy, the two aforementioned Lego games and the Keflings DLC. That's 5120 points...and still more planned purchases (Fez, Dust, Deadlight, Counterstrike: GO, Dawnguard, maybe a few others...) in the latter part of the sale. Someone save me from myself!

Did I read somewhere this week that Black Ops 2 was gonna be a GOD this week and for $50? I see its not out now, but coulda sworn I read it somewhere on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back