XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Ubichu']

Question: Given that I have Trials HD and Big Thrills DLC and will buy Trials Evolution today, should I also buy the following 2 DLCs?
- Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain
- Trials HD: Big Pack

[/QUOTE]

I would go with The Evo dlc because I know after I got Evo on release I never loaded up hd again, and I used to play it a lot but Evo makes it useless to load it up.

Finally a great discount on Trials Evo! It was even more than I anticipated. Picked it up along with the Origin of Pain exansion. I was hopelessly addicted to the first one and this one has already blown it out of the water. Don't hesitate to pull the trigger on this.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an amazing deal on Borderlands 2 on Thursday...

Looks like Dust is back at normal price but the other two are not right now, 9:20 am PST. Grabbed Dust last night, now just waiting for TWD.

[quote name='district_9000']My gold expired yesterday and still got the Trials HD dlc discount to my surprise.[/QUOTE]

None of the holiday sales require a subscription.

[quote name='Shifty Effect']Perhaps this has already been brought up, but what is the difference between Trials HD and Evolution?[/QUOTE]

HD is number 1 Evolution is number 2. Not much of a difference between the two. Evolution has more features. Better track editor, track central which lets you download other peoples tracks, multiplayer, I'm sure there's a few other small differences I can't think of as well. Evolution is probably the better game.

[quote name='D0RC']Looks like Dust is back at normal price but the other two are not right now, 9:20 am PST. Grabbed Dust last night, now just waiting for TWD.[/QUOTE]

They're dead ... wiping from the OP. :whistle2:(

haha, I spent over $100 and had to delete over 30 GB of stuff from my HDD....again. And there is still some things I want, mostly SeriousSam 3 but I'm sure it'll drop by half again in the next few months.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']Too bad Minecraft isn't going to be on the list. I already own it for PC, but there's no way I'm spending another $20 to have it on xbla...[/QUOTE]

Why would you even buy it on a console if you own the PC version? It's supposed to be cross-platform, meaning that it's basically the same exact game with the same exact servers. If it's a matter of controller versus mouse and keyboard, you can easily hook up your gamepad. But I'm pretty sure m/kb work better for Minecraft anyway.

[quote name='Blade']Why would you even buy it on a console if you own the PC version? It's supposed to be cross-platform, meaning that it's basically the same exact game with the same exact servers. If it's a matter of controller versus mouse and keyboard, you can easily hook up your gamepad. But I'm pretty sure m/kb work better for Minecraft anyway.[/QUOTE]

Probably for Xbox Live friends or split-screen?

minecraft on the xbox is simply awesome, especially after the latest additions the last few days. mostly because it's so easy to have a bunch of people playing together.

and the interface is arguably better than the PC. no more stupid, lay out your items in just the right way, to make a tool.

[quote name='HDShadow']Probably for Xbox Live friends or split-screen?[/QUOTE]

Can't you add your XBL friends to your PC version, or is that something they're still planning? The plan was to give it seamless cross-platform compatibility. I've only played the PC version, by the way.

[quote name='thenutman69321']Also to anyone wondering if Evo is worth 800 msp, it definitely is. I have almost 5 days of total play time in that damn game. I've never put that amount of time into even a Skyrim type of game. Although if you're not the type of person who is into competing with friends scores or retrying an extreme track a hundred times over before you finally get that gold medal (or if you're a novice just beating that extreme track), you will probably get bored pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this. Even if you're not the person who competes against times/ghosts or the person who tries the extreme tracks over and over, there's still a lot more to Trials Evolution. You have true multiplayer on easier tracks. You have tons of user-created FREE tracks that you can download at any time. You have weird user creations that aren't even racing tracks (like the pinball and FPS).

Evolution fits a lot more people than HD.

Last day to get Serious Sam 3 and the DLC! Give it a shot people! SS is good fun. Best played with friends with co-op madness against zillions of baddies!

[quote name='xbox_man']Is this the week where they have a new list of Deal of the Week for 2 weeks or was Serious Sam the 1st week?[/QUOTE]
What?

Serious Sam ends this week and we get a new deal of the week starting tomorrow and another new deal next week. Same as it ever was.

[quote name='Blade']Why would you even buy it on a console if you own the PC version? It's supposed to be cross-platform, meaning that it's basically the same exact game with the same exact servers. If it's a matter of controller versus mouse and keyboard, you can easily hook up your gamepad. But I'm pretty sure m/kb work better for Minecraft anyway.[/QUOTE]
I don't believe that there are any sort of cross-platform hooks for anything between the XBLA and PC versions of Minecraft. The XBLA lags behind in updates and new features, which wouldn't happen if they were the exact same games using the exact same servers. They're walled off from each other.

That trials evo demo was so addicting when I first tried it out, had to force myself to stop playing. 10 bucks is pretty nice. Then again, I dont know if I want to go back down that road :cold:

[quote name='Blade']Can't you add your XBL friends to your PC version, or is that something they're still planning? The plan was to give it seamless cross-platform compatibility. I've only played the PC version, by the way.[/QUOTE]

they said eventually they'll have cross-platform ability. but they also said they'd have kinect support as well. so who knows anymore...

Brock F'N Sampson;10318599 said:
Question: If I have the Triple Pack with Trials HD, do I have the dlc for those games on the disc already or would I have to buy it separately?
I'm pretty sure there's no DLC included on the disc, meaning you would have to buy it separately.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm pretty sure there's no DLC included on the disc, meaning you would have to buy it separately.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. Damn, I guess I gotta buy all that dlc for the Triple Pack games to really have the complete games. Thanks for the reply.

[quote name='seppuku']Regarding formatting for the OP, I think the separate demo links for the games is an interesting idea, but I prefer having the titles being links to the main game pages, which in turn link to the the demos. I can update the OP, but I don't want to mess with the hard work of the few who update it regularly.... I also like having the Metacritic scores listed directly in those links, as it's a nice quick reference.[/QUOTE]

I added the demo links separately because I thought if the titles were links it might lead people to believe the sales for them were active. That was before "Now Live!" started getting added to the daily headings, so there should be (hopefully) less chance for misunderstanding now. The formatting of the sale in the OP has evolved a bit over the sale, and by the time we get it to a point where (most) everyone is happy, the sale will be over and it will all be forgotten by the time next year's countdown starts. ;)

[quote name='GamerDude316']Also, reading the OP (which I think is GREAT btw and doesnt need to be changed) Borderlands 2 DLC is going to be on sale? I thought it was just the season pass?[/QUOTE]

Just the season pass was on the early leaked page. The already released DLC is listed individually for the Metacritic links. Though I would much prefer seeing the individual DLC go on sale vs. the season pass, since I bought the season pass when the first DLC dropped. Same thing happened with Gears 3 last year, and am strongly considering holding off on season passes in the future because of this (especially fall release titles), even if it's a game that bypasses my backlog (like Gears 3 and Borderlands 2 did). I have no problem with passes going on sale after all the DLC has been released, but discounting them before all the content is out is a bit of a slap in the face to those that make that early commitment to the makers of the game.

Well I just caved in and bought Bully. Rockstar has never let me down and for the most part neither have you guys so im happy. With that and Dust I should be good, unless I blown away with episode 1 of the Walking Dead

[quote name='Bloomy']I added the demo links separately because I thought if the titles were links it might lead people to believe the sales for them were active. That was before "Now Live!" started getting added to the daily headings, so there should be (hopefully) less chance for misunderstanding now. The formatting of the sale in the OP has evolved a bit over the sale, and by the time we get it to a point where (most) everyone is happy, the sale will be over and it will all be forgotten by the time next year's countdown starts. ;)

Just the season pass was on the early leaked page. The already released DLC is listed individually for the Metacritic links. Though I would much prefer seeing the individual DLC go on sale vs. the season pass, since I bought the season pass when the first DLC dropped. Same thing happened with Gears 3 last year, and am strongly considering holding off on season passes in the future because of this (especially fall release titles), even if it's a game that bypasses my backlog (like Gears 3 and Borderlands 2 did). I have no problem with passes going on sale after all the DLC has been released, but discounting them before all the content is out is a bit of a slap in the face to those that make that early commitment to the makers of the game.[/QUOTE]

Ah I see then, thank you sir! I picked up the second DLC for free thanks to that Facebook app a few days ago and a VERY kind CAG who gave me an extra code, so now I think I'll just wait out sales on the other individual DLC's.

I got in on the Free borderlands 2 Torque DLC, so here is the question. Would it be cheaper to just pick up the DLC as I go, or still buy the season pass?

[quote name='merchie89']I got in on the Free borderlands 2 Torque DLC, so here is the question. Would it be cheaper to just pick up the DLC as I go, or still buy the season pass?[/QUOTE]

I would think it'd be cheaper to wait out sales on the individual DLCs unless you want to pay the price of 4 DLCs for only 3.

[quote name='GamerDude316']I would think it'd be cheaper to wait out sales on the individual DLCs unless you want to pay the price of 4 DLCs for only 3.[/QUOTE]
Regarding Borderlands 2 DLC ... the Season Pass gives you 4 episodes for the regular price of 3. Therefore, if you already got one (for free), then you're still paying 3 times the regular price to complete your collection. Randy Pitchford has been fairly specific about extra DLC being "extra" (such as skins/grenade, or Slaughterdome/bazooka, or Mechromancer/weapons) and not included with the "season pass", so it's fairly predictable that the latter will ONLY have episodes, and not extras.

Therefore, if you somehow get an episode for free, such as "Torgue" with BL2 ... or on a personal note, getting the "American Muscle" car pack free with the Forza 4 LCE ... then you should wait for individual episodes to go on sale to maximize your CAG'ness. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Cornelius']Regarding Borderlands 2 DLC ... the Season Pass gives you 4 episodes for the regular price of 3. Therefore, if you already got one (for free), then you're still paying 3 times the regular price to complete your collection. Randy Pitchford has been fairly specific about extra DLC being "extra" (such as skins/grenade, or Slaughterdome/bazooka, or Mechromancer/weapons) and not included with the "season pass", so it's fairly predictable that the latter will ONLY have episodes, and not extras.

Therefore, if you somehow get an episode for free, such as "Torgue" with BL2 ... or on a personal note, getting the "American Muscle" car pack free with the Forza 4 LCE ... then you should wait for individual episodes to go on sale to maximize your CAG'ness. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thanks dawg! Was just looking at it from the pass will be about 1600-2000 MSP during sale, unless the captain scarlett one is 50% off, which seems possibly but unlikely I might as well get the Pass/and reget Torque.

I want all the DLC and dont really want to wait for another sale. DLC is 800 at release so 3 DLC (2x800, 1x400) I will at least be getting it at even price and it will be paid for already.

Besides the free Walking Dead game, I think I'm done for the sale.

Picked up Fire Pro Wrestling and RB3 at first, then remembered the 2000 points get 100 bonus, so I decided to pick up Tony Hawk for 600 and Sonic 2 for 160 and then a pair of pants for my avatar to clear the 2000. I played a bit of Sonic 2 and it holds up well. Fire Pro had my attention for a decent bit, I'm sure I'll revisit it eventually, but Tony Hawk is proving to be really fun. I read some reviews that weren't too positive so I held off, but it definitey captures the fun of the original games. I've pretty much adapted to the lack of kicking off walls/sticker slapping as well.

[quote name='pyoobez']Besides the free Walking Dead game, I think I'm done for the sale.

Picked up Fire Pro Wrestling and RB3 at first, then remembered the 2000 points get 100 bonus, so I decided to pick up Tony Hawk for 600 and Sonic 2 for 160 and then a pair of pants for my avatar to clear the 2000. I played a bit of Sonic 2 and it holds up well. Fire Pro had my attention for a decent bit, I'm sure I'll revisit it eventually, but Tony Hawk is proving to be really fun. I read some reviews that weren't too positive so I held off, but it definitey captures the fun of the original games. I've pretty much adapted to the lack of kicking off walls/sticker slapping as well.[/QUOTE]
Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but wasn't the 2000 point 100 rebate only good through the 21st (mayan calandar doomsday...)?

[quote name='xbox_man']Is this the week where they have a new list of Deal of the Week for 2 weeks or was Serious Sam the 1st week?[/QUOTE]

To Put it simple, we don't know it yet and yes majornelson will announce the New dotw for the next two weeks tomorrow (serious Sam was week 2) :)

[quote name='merchie89']Thanks dawg! Was just looking at it from the pass will be about 1600-2000 MSP during sale, unless the captain scarlett one is 50% off, which seems possibly but unlikely I might as well get the Pass/and reget Torque.

I want all the DLC and dont really want to wait for another sale. DLC is 800 at release so 3 DLC (2x800, 1x400) I will at least be getting it at even price and it will be paid for already.[/QUOTE]

If the pass is 1600 I might bite as well (533 MSP for the other 3 seem okay since I plan on starting BL2 soon so they would get played in the near future) but at 2000 I'll pass and wait for sales on the individual DLCs.

I'm actually considering Catan...I just bought the physical board game too but the idea of an XBL version really tempts me, especially at only 400 MSP. Hows the online experience per anyone who bought it?

The actual board game Catan is way more fun than the crappy digital version.

I tried playing the digital version coming into it as a veteran player of the board game and I can't stand the digital version at all.

[quote name='wEEman33']Also, if you don't buy Trials EVO for 50% off you either have:

A) no taste
B) no soul
C) both[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice. Since I have no soul I can skip Trials EVO.

[quote name='wEEman33']The actual board game Catan is way more fun than the crappy digital version. I tried playing the digital version coming into it as a veteran player of the board game and I can't stand the digital version at all.[/QUOTE]
And I disagree ... as someone who doesn't go to many board-game parties, I think "Catan" is one of the best casual turn-based games on XBLA.

BTW, all done with the OP ... have at it!

[quote name='irafreak']Don't mean to be the bearer of bad news but wasn't the 2000 point 100 rebate only good through the 21st (mayan calandar doomsday...)?[/QUOTE]

Nope.

"According to Mayan legend, the world could have ended on December 21, 2012. Good news, we're still here! We already deposited millions of dollars' worth of Microsoft Points, and we're still offering our December deal: stay Gold throughout December, and we'll give you 100 Microsoft Points back when you spend 2,000 Points or more. That's a 5% rebate!"

I don't know if it was through the whole month from the start, or if it was extended, but it is still active.

[quote name='wEEman33']Also, if you don't buy Trials EVO for 50% off you either have:

A) no taste
B) no soul
C) both[/QUOTE]

I think we are going to have to wait a while to take this test.

A) no taste
B) no soul
C) both[/QUOTE]

It's only 33% off. No buy.

The walking dead ep1 is free right now ^_^

[quote name='ethan1013']I just downloaded Episode 1 of The Walking Dead. Looking forward to Friday to pick up the rest.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see you post. Yup, now let's see which price will the rest have.

A) no taste
B) no soul
C) both[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I was wondering if I could skip this game and hold out for Borderlands/Walking Dead....etc. :cool:

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']To Put it simple, we don't know it yet and yes majornelson will announce the New dotw for the next two weeks tomorrow (serious Sam was week 2) :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that. Was not asking what the next deal was, just wanting to know if serious sam was week 1 or week 2, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back