XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
200 Points for each episode it seems to be the deal so it's cheaper them Steam sale. As of typing, the only hold out on the deal is Episode 4, but everything including Episode 5 is 200 points.

I Kinda feel sorry for people who paid for the disc version even more now since half off each episode and episode 1 for free I think is better deal then we were expecting.

And episode 4 is only hold out still. It shows 200 points on the XBox website, but going to confirm order and it comes up 400 points.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, we are going to get all 5 episodes, (1st one free and 200 for each of the other 4) for 800 points? To hell with the disc-based version. I'm jumping on this deal.

[quote name='ooga']3 & 4 show as 200 msp, but ring up at 400 at checkout. Probably need a few more minutes,[/QUOTE]
3 Comes up as 200 points when I checked out on my 360.

[quote name='preston181']So, if I'm understanding this correctly, we are going to get all 5 episodes, (1st one free and 200 for each of the other 4) for 800 points? To hell with the disc-based version. I'm jumping on this deal.[/QUOTE]Correct. I was thinking of waiting for a deal on PSN since I got Ep. 1 & 2 for free, but I might as well jump on this.

[quote name='preston181']So, if I'm understanding this correctly, we are going to get all 5 episodes, (1st one free and 200 for each of the other 4) for 800 points? To hell with the disc-based version. I'm jumping on this deal.[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='bardockkun']3 Comes up as 200 points when I checked out on my 360.[/QUOTE]

I'm buying from the website. Picked up 2 & 5. Waiting on the other two.

800 points for the whole season?

Thank you Microsoft, and $30 back into my account after buying the disc version but not opening it. It'll be returned this week.

HOORAY FOR BACKLOGS! :D

[quote name='ooga']3 & 4 show as 200 msp, but ring up at 400 at checkout. Probably need a few more minutes.[/QUOTE]

Episode 4 is showing 200msp at checkout now, for me at least. Still waiting on episode 3.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']800 points for the whole season?

Thank you Microsoft, and $30 back into my account after buying the disc version but not opening it. It'll be returned this week.

HOORAY FOR BACKLOGS! :D[/QUOTE]

lol it's nice when they work in your favor like this, though usually it's more like, "aw, why did I buy that game for $20 a few months ago when now it's $10?" or something similar. >.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Kinda feel sorry for people who paid for the disc version even more now since half off each episode and episode 1 for free I think is better deal then we were expecting.

[/QUOTE]

Meh. I paid $20 for it, played it and beat, then traded it for $16. So I basically only paid $4 to beat a game I'm not going to play again.

Downloaded Episodes 2 and 3 through the dash. 4 and 5 show up as 200, but ring out at 400. Went through xbox.com and got ep.4 for 200, but now it wont show up in my download queue and I can't re-add it, hmm. Ep.5 is still ring out at 400 on xbox.com and the dash.

Damn, I only hoped they would sell them at 200 each. I didn't think they would actually do it! Easiest 800 points ever!

[quote name='Alien Spider']Episode 4 is showing 200msp at checkout now, for me at least. Still waiting on episode 3.[/QUOTE]

Episode 3's price finally updated, grabbed all four for 800msp total, not bad at all!

Having difficulty getting episode 3 and 4 into my download queue online though, hopefully that's not a cause for concern...

[quote name='Alien Spider']Episode 3's price finally updated, grabbed all four for 800msp total, not bad at all!

Having difficulty getting episode 3 and 4 into my download queue online though, hopefully that's not a cause for concern...[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me. I was just able to add it through the dashboard when clicking on an episode and hitting "download again"

Wow, this is a bold, bold sale. Good going on Microsoft and Telltale for this. This kicks ass. MS needs to be big and bad like this more often. I'm sure they're gonna sell a metric assload of downloads in the next day

For those who got it on the website, but it won't add to queue, just go to your 360 and get it from there. My episode 4 wouldn't add to queue, so I went to my 360 and went to that episode screen where it showed 400 points (at the time), but once you press A to select it and get to confirmation screen it'll just ask if you want to download again.

Grabbed all 4 episodes. However, only 2 & 5 show up in my queue. The others can't be added for some reason. Bah, I'll deal with this later.

[quote name='ooga']Grabbed all 4 episodes. However, only 2 & 5 show up in my queue. The others can't be added for some reason. Bah, I'll deal with this later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Im having that problem too.

Can't get episode 4 to go into the queue either. Bought it on the website, and when I look at it on the Xbox it doesn't register as having been purchased.

[quote name='bardockkun']For those who got it on the website, but it won't add to queue, just go to your 360 and get it from there. My episode 4 wouldn't add to queue, so I went to my 360 and went to that episode screen where it showed 400 points (at the time), but once you press A to select it and get to confirmation screen it'll just ask if you want to download again.[/QUOTE]

That worked. Thanks!

does walking dead offer any replay value? i will buy it regardless but i ask because i may want to wait to play it with other people to enjoy with (in person)

[quote name='tribalnoise']does walking dead offer any replay value? i will buy it regardless but i ask because i may wait to play it with other people to enjoy with (in person)[/QUOTE]
You can play it a couple of times to see how your decisions effect the game.

I now own the Walking Dead on 360 and PS3. Atleast I can easily justify multiple playthrus now. I've spent 6040 MSP so far during the sale and 8240 for the month. I should get about 170 points back on the rebate this month.

Im no more than 10 minutes into episode 1 and Im sold. Plus as an added bonus I found my argentinian account, so free borderlands 2 season pass for me. Now I dont have to choose between the two sales and wait for a goty release :).

[quote name='Jay']Is walking dead mostly a click and point game?[/QUOTE]

Try the first one, it's free, and then decide. I was on the fence about getting it at full price, but for 800 points for all 5 episodes, it's well worth it.

Props to Microsoft for finally discovering what the word "sale" means.

[quote name='preston181']Try the first one, it's free, and then decide. I was on the fence about getting it at full price, but for 800 points for all 5 episodes, it's well worth it.

Props to Microsoft for finally discovering what the word "sale" means.[/QUOTE]

they know exactly what it means. They give us no more than 15 good dotw's a year and then decide to go big during these end of the year sales. With the lifetime of the 360 quickly running out, hopefully more xbla titles and GOD go on sale in 2013 (Im looking at you classic Banjo Kazooie Games:hot: ).

The sale is only great because each episode is priced great at 400. If they had charged 800 an episode and dropped it down to 200, that would have been something to see.

Still, they didn't have to slash them 50% off when they're already cheap at 400, and give us Ep.1 free, so kudos microsoft/telltale

[quote name='Royal High Knight']they know exactly what it means. They give us no more than 15 good dotw's a year and then decide to go big during these end of the year sales. With the lifetime of the 360 quickly running out, hopefully more xbla titles and GOD go on sale in 2013 (Im looking at you classic Banjo Kazooie Games:hot: ).[/QUOTE]

Compared to the couple of years' so-called "sales", this sale wins out big-time. I grabbed more titles during this sale than I did all year.

And, I know what you mean by the lifetime of the 360 dying out, (really hoping the next Xbox has backwards compatibility, and allows me to transfer my downloaded titles). I only really have one or two games planned for "for sure" purchases: Aliens: Colonial Marines and possibly Bioshock Infinate.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Meh. I paid $20 for it, played it and beat, then traded it for $16. So I basically only paid $4 to beat a game I'm not going to play again.[/QUOTE]

Where did you get it for $20?

Today is by far the best sale they have had. As before, $5 for all The Walking Dead episodes is a steal.

Edit: Looking ahead, I cannot imagine what the Shivering Isles DLC is going to cost. I've played it at a friends house and it's fun, but it was still around $25 the last time I looked. The funny part is you can get the GOTY edition of TES for $7.

[quote name='harry hood']The sale is only great because each episode is priced great at 400. If they had charged 800 an episode and dropped it down to 200, that would have been something to see.

Still, they didn't have to slash them 50% off when they're already cheap at 400, and give us Ep.1 free, so kudos microsoft/telltale[/QUOTE]

Episode 5 at half off is pretty crazy. That was just released a month or two ago right?

[quote name='Javery']Damn -glad I waited on this. With the Target $10 1600 point cards from BF looks like I'm getting the entire game for $5![/QUOTE]

I know, I can't believe I got all this for $5 either.

I had gotten the first two episodes free on PS3 and was actually looking forward to buying the rest as an excuse to keep playing my Ps3 and get trophies. Now though, I don't think I can pass up on this. Plus I got points left over from the three point cards I bought with that Target BF deal. Man, I wish I had gotten 6-8 cards now lol.

[quote name='Zonic505']There's some QTE parts, & from what I'm hearing, they're affected by the lag & slowdown, making it hard to clear them & continue the story. Not to mention some people can't even start Episode 2, as it might just restart Ep. 1. JoyStiq has some details on what exactly is happening.[/QUOTE]

I am reading that this problem is only on the xbox. Is it true? The pc and ps3 versions don't have the same problem?

That is awesome! I already have the first three episodes I believe so I'm finally getting the last two. I loved the game, but the only reason I hadn't bought them was because of sales, now there's no excuse. In my opinion, TWD is one of gaming's finest moments as far as story-telling goes.

I can't believe they really did a 50 off sale for every episode. Thought that episode 5 would be 320 or so, since it came out recently.

It's really the best deal of this countdown, getting a 2000 MSP new game for 800 MSP is something to remember. Telltale sure knows how to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back