XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
XBL is having some issues at least where i'm at SW Florida. I can't login either from my computer or 360, was hoping to play WD, read good things about the series.

[quote name='Rodster']XBL is having some issues at least where i'm at SW Florida. I can't login either from my computer or 360, was hoping to play WD, read good things about the series.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I wanted to buy since the retail copies have issues.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Office Depot has an Emtec one for $12.99. I'm pretty much a noob at this, I know it has to formatted in FAT32 or something like that, how can I tell if this one will work with my 360? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Hey guys, Amazon is selling this one too, but for $18.13 though.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/EMTEC-C400-Ca...ie=UTF8&qid=1356717360&sr=1-14&keywords=emtec

If we get enough people to tell Amazon about the lower price, they may match it. For those wondering how to let Amazon know, just scroll down the page to where it says "tell us about a lower price" in the product details section. I'd rather buy it from Amazon than Office Depot because there's no tax for me.

The other glitch I noticed was in my download history it doesn't show me owning Ep 1 but rather the Ep 1 video. I know I clicked on Ep 1 because the word FREE made Ep 1 standout. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']The other glitch I noticed was in my download history it doesn't show me owning Ep 1 but rather the Ep 1 video. I know I clicked on Ep 1 because the word FREE made Ep 1 standout. :lol:[/QUOTE]
The videos are free too.

Grr....
I'm getting login errors on xbox live website. I'd like to buy all the walking dead episodes but am away from my xbox for the holidays.

Fingers crossed that they fix the issue before the end of the day.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Office Depot has an Emtec one for $12.99. I'm pretty much a noob at this, I know it has to formatted in FAT32 or something like that, how can I tell if this one will work with my 360? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I had to buy a flash drive a while ago for my 360 and I ended up finding a list somewhere that turned out to be fairly reliable. I can't seem to find the list now though and I'm sure it's outdated anyway. I went with a Patriot XT brand flash drive that shipped from Newegg for less than $20. It was an excellent purchase for me and hasn't given me any trouble. If I remember correctly, despite the fact that SanDisk makes the official 360 flash drives the ones in their Cruzer line don't work. Besides Patriot, I remember Lexar having at least one that worked and a couple from Kingston that did also. Sorry I can't be more specific, it was a while ago and I didn't have much luck Google searching.

[quote name='ooga']Its never been on sale. Really fun game even if it feels very light compared to it's PC counterpart.[/QUOTE]

Civilization Revolution was on sale 5 months ago. Had to consult the database for the date, but I remember missing the sale because I waited too long to pull the trigger.

[quote name='chuckie88']If I remember correctly, despite the fact that SanDisk makes the official 360 flash drives the ones in their Cruzer line don't work.[/QUOTE]

My 8 GB Cruzer works just fine.

[quote name='Polerand']Civilization Revolution was on sale 5 months ago. Had to consult the database for the date, but I remember missing the sale because I waited too long to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

My memory capacity is only 4 months and 29 days.
I apologize for the misinformation. ;)

RCNaA.png

RE: USB Drives. I really can't stress this enough: you should all consider low profile drives instead of the full size for this purpose (leaving them plugged into the 360). Depending on your model they can sit _inside_ the front hatch or just stay in the back and not get knocked out by cables. Reposting examples:

[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']If you are going to leave them plugged into the the 360, I'd suggest some of the super low profile drives or mSDHC adapters. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/elago-Mobile-microSDHC-Memory-Reader/dp/B002HGFKR8/ref=pd_sim_pc_22

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruze...TF8&qid=1356666136&sr=1-1&keywords=cruser+fit[/QUOTE]

EDIT: Also, if you have a 4gb slim the internal is on a daughterboard hooked up to a standard usb internal pinout. It should be theoretically possible to wire up a 32gb _inside_ your 360. Hell someone may even design a replacement daughterboard. I can't recall if other slims have the pinout. IIRC they have the traces and points on the board but the header isn't attached.

As for the Bully thing, I would see if they can get you a rain check instead of a refund if you still like the game at that price, for when they fix the marketplace entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ERROR SUCCESS']RE: USB Drives. I really can't stress this enough: you should all consider low profile drives instead of the full size for this purpose (leaving them plugged into the 360). Depending on your model they can sit _inside_ the front hatch or just stay in the back and not get knocked out by cables. Reposting examples:

EDIT: Also, if you have a 4gb slim the internal is on a daughterboard hooked up to a standard usb internal pinout. It should be theoretically possible to wire up a 32gb _inside_ your 360. Hell someone may even design a replacement daughterboard. I can't recall if other slims have the pinout. IIRC they have the traces and points on the board but the header isn't attached.[/QUOTE]

+1
I have this one on my other slim from Newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220651

It's a little more, I purchased it with a $10 rebate about 6 weeks ago, but I took off the swinging door and it barely sticks out past the back of my Xbox Slim where it's plugged in - maybe 1/16".

[quote name='Deserter Goose']...fuck. I just tried to load my save for Episode 3 of The Walking Dead and it sent me back to Episode 1. What the hell.[/QUOTE]

The saga continues :cold:

That's the only thing that is holding me back. I know it wouldnt take long to get back to where i was, but I just wouldnt feel like it lol.

Originally Posted by tylerh1701
Office Depot has an Emtec one for $12.99. I'm pretty much a noob at this, I know it has to formatted in FAT32 or something like that, how can I tell if this one will work with my 360? Thanks.

Thanks for the tip. I believe it should work. Hey, Amazon is selling it too, but for $18.13 though.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/EMTEC-C400-Ca...ie=UTF8&qid=1356717360&sr=1-14&keywords=emtec

If we get enough people to tell Amazon about the lower price, they may match it. For those wondering how to let Amazon know, just scroll down the page to where it says "tell us about a lower price" in the product details section. I'd rather buy it from Amazon than Office Depot because there's no tax for me and it's easy to return if you decide you don't want it.

I don't know if anyone else is interested in trying to get a price match for $12.99 at Amazon, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished playing walking dead ep1. Very enjoyable. Just bought ep2-5 with microsoft points.
Ep3-4 did not go to queue. They are all in the download history.

[quote name='keit2208']The videos are free too.[/QUOTE]
I swear i'm a fucking idiot, the full game of Walking Dead is episode 1. No wonder I couldn't find it. :lol: :applause:

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='Gore']Just finished playing walking dead ep1. Very enjoyable. Just bought ep2-5 with microsoft points.
Ep3-4 did not go to queue. They are all in the download history.[/QUOTE]

Had this happen when I went to get them from the website. They're titled a bit oddly on there compared to the others with all the ESRB info. Then on the 360 in the active downloads they're showing up without as Episode 3 & 4: without The Walking Dead before them as 2&5 have. Then again, 2&5 aren't uniform themselves as 5 uses a hyphen and 2 doesn't. My programming and English teachers would definitely take points off.

[quote name='Gkage']The saga continues :cold:

That's the only thing that is holding me back. I know it wouldnt take long to get back to where i was, but I just wouldnt feel like it lol.[/QUOTE]

I've played through the game 2.5 times (the XBLA version) and have never had an issue with this. Sometimes I think people just don't read and press buttons and then get pissed off at the developer. If you pay attention and be careful when you're saving your game, I highly doubt you'll have a problem. I'm not saying there can't be an issue every once in awhile. But the idea that it's so widespread like this thread has made it seem over the past 24 hours is absurd. Most of the time, it's an operator malfunction.

[quote name='ooga']Anyone attempt to hook up a USB hub to their 360? USB ports are at a premium right now.[/QUOTE]

I bought a third party one labeled for Rock Band at Goodwill still sealed, but I never used it and unloaded it to Amazon for a profit. I remember it saying it worked on the PS3 and Wii as well, so I'm guessing it was just a standard with the RB logo added.

I'm guessing you're using wired controllers as well as I thought there was a limit on USB drives for one device (I know there used to be 2, but it may have been bumped as that was back when there was the 16 gb limit). So if you are using controllers, I'd try to use them in the hub instead of the ports.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']...fuck. I just tried to load my save for Episode 3 of The Walking Dead and it sent me back to Episode 1. What the hell.[/QUOTE]
well that sucks, when I started episode 3 I didn't get this glitch at all.

[quote name='Yeloazndevil']well that sucks, when I started episode 3 I didn't get this glitch at all.[/QUOTE]
I had over 4 resets on 2 xbox's w new updates. I hope gamers have enough with so many games being bugged to hell and rise up.. We seem to bash people that do complain and over time we all just deal with it.. The thing is it keeps getting worse slowly and we all seem tamed by it all. I know back in the day a company would be in super bad shape if they pulled any of this stuff. I myself lost all hope on things getting better. I know we as the people got weaker while the companies became more powerful.. ;) :bouncy:

I doubt they will fix most of the bugs it is GOTY so they will rack in money cause of that tag so no need to fix it. WD2 will sell good even if it is more broken.

Food for thought. ;) I wont buy other eps and sold gs edit for 75 to friend he wanted book and game. He sold game cause disc version is so plagued with more issues.

Happy NY

[quote name='Polerand']Not a sale, but it seems Retro City Rampage is finally headed to XBLA next week (Jan. 2nd).[/QUOTE]
I Look forward to buying it when it's half off.

The worst part of the online gaming era is that many game companies no longer strive to make a complete, polished product. Because they can always "patch it" later. Or say they are, then don't.

I started downloading TWD last night and shut off my xbox so they could download all night and they never did! Never had that happen before and that's how I always do it.

Also Lara Croft GoL and three add-ons are in the "Square Enix weekend sale" on the dashboard.

[quote name='zarda1']I started downloading TWD last night and shut off my xbox so they could download all night and they never did! Never had that happen before and that's how I always do it.

BTW I also noticed a Square Enix weekend sale but it's only for Lara Croft GoL?[/QUOTE]
One game released by Squenix doesn't mean there's a giant weekend sale. If anything it's probably just a price drop on Lara Croft and nothing else.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']Neat. Hopefully 32gb flash drives went down in price too[/QUOTE]

Back when I worked at OfficeMax, we had 32 gig drives go down to $16-$18 usually once every two weeks or so.

I'm crossing my fingers that tomorrows (tonights??) daily deal is MORE then 33% off the family games on demand. Which sadly seems to be the trending sale price on recent G'sOD.

[quote name='bardockkun']One game released by Squenix doesn't mean there's a giant weekend sale. If anything it's probably just a price drop on Lara Croft and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of my point, I guess they just had to put a title on it.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I just hope toy story 3 is 800msp ,is that too much to ask for??[/QUOTE]

This is what I am betting on. If it isn't, well I can save the points for a later date. And if it is, here's hoping the changing to points isn't messed up like it was for Midnight Run.

[quote name='bardockkun']I Look forward to buying it when it's half off.[/QUOTE]

Me to. No offense to the deveoper/publisher but the game has been delayed forever and was free for PSN+ members. If It's released at 1200pts I would totally balk at it. 800pts is still iffy, but they really need to come down in price for making us wait so long.

[quote name='XzMrHitDatHoezX']I just hope toy story 3 is 800msp ,is that too much to ask for??[/QUOTE]

Thats the same reason i'm hoping for a 50% off GOD sale. (mostly for my son, mostly..) i'll be even happier if BK: nuts n Bolts goes for 400 MSP. Which with its age and current price, may be a great possibility.

[quote name='zarda1']
Also Lara Croft GoL and three add-ons are in the "Square Enix weekend sale" on the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

How much is GoL usually? I see it for 600 pts now.

[quote name='bardockkun']One game released by Squenix doesn't mean there's a giant weekend sale. If anything it's probably just a price drop on Lara Croft and nothing else.[/QUOTE]

600 is not a typical price point for XBLA games. It's more than likely a temporary sale price, although it probably needs a permanent drop to 800.

[quote name='MWB']600 is not a typical price point for XBLA games. It's more than likely a temporary sale price, although it probably needs a permanent drop to 800.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I'm new to XBOX Live - I appreciate the previously posted link, looks like it dropped today from 1200 to 600 (temporarily).

I've been playing through EP1 just now of The Walking Dead and I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than I expected. I actually haven't played any of Telltale's point and click adventure games (I've played others though on Steam/PC awhile ago). I'm sucked in.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I've played through the game 2.5 times (the XBLA version) and have never had an issue with this. Sometimes I think people just don't read and press buttons and then get pissed off at the developer. If you pay attention and be careful when you're saving your game, I highly doubt you'll have a problem. I'm not saying there can't be an issue every once in awhile. But the idea that it's so widespread like this thread has made it seem over the past 24 hours is absurd. Most of the time, it's an operator malfunction.[/QUOTE]

Forgive me, but it's really rude and ignorant of you to say things like that simply because you didn't personally experience any glitch like that. There's a whole forum full of people with the same problem (Telltale's forums) and others in this thread that had the same issue, and yet you want to be rude and act like we're all idiots who don't know how to play a simple game.

I'll have you know that I made sure to start at Episode 3 when I started my game up, thank you. Again, there are plenty of others who can say they've had the exact same problem.

Simply put, go be condescending elsewhere if you want to be negative and have nothing to contribute towards the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back