XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Darklurkr23']picked up 3rd strike yesterday and all the skyrim stuff today. Alwyas love SF3 and I've love to play it again to get achiveos.[/QUOTE]

I got SF3 last year (also on december) and it's a great port. There are a lot of people playing it online, so you won't have any problems to fully enjoy it.

Also, chievos are not that hard aside of the tournament one (you need three more players for that, I asked to some of the people I played vs with to help me).

PD: I hate chievos where you need three more people online, btw.

I know you're all dying to find out what I picked up. Surprisingly, I bought more than I though I would.

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
RAW
Kinect Party
Crazy Taxi
The Walking Dead (1-5)
Sonic Adventure™ 2

As for me...

Bully
Dust
The Walking Dead

Passed on Sonic Adventure 2 because I haven't even truly played the first one and sonic games go on sale fairly ofen so Ill wait till then. I also wanted RockBand 3, but Im more guitar hero so that too I passed on.

Im debating on Peggle. It too goes on sale quite a bit, but I have quite a few msp saved due to me not buying as much as I thought I would.

BTW, if you don't have Bully do yourself a favor and buy it. Great game, only 3 GB's, and pretty easy achievements make it an easy buy.

Final haul

Super Meat Boy
Kinnect Party
Trine 2
Hell Yeah
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Midnight Club LA
Tony Hawk HD
Trials Evolution
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
all the Fruit Ninja DLC
Borderlands 2 Season Pass
Naughty Bear Panic in Paradise
Toy Story 3
Crazy Taxi
Dungeon Fighter Live: Fall of Hendon Myre
Virtue Fighter 5
Street Fighter 3
Skyrim DLC

I've spent a total of 10320 MS points this month.

Huh. Maybe those Target and MS Store deals where I got my points were a sign of what I should've expected.

I would've spent a lot more, but alot of these i caved and bought 1st day because i knew they were good (GS: Go, Fez, few others)

I did buy:

Bully
RAW
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition
Walking Dead 1-5
Crazy Taxi
Rock Of Ages

[quote name='bardockkun']I've spent a total of 10320 MS points this month.

Huh. Maybe those Target and MS Store deals where I got my points were a sign of what I should've expected.[/QUOTE]
Right? never before have I amassed such a large amount of cheap ms points, nor have I ever bought so many titles in such a short amount of time. I think I bought more during this sale than I have on xbl and psn for at least the last six months.

I'll post my final haul later on, since I know my legions of fans are dying to know how I squander my money. In the meantime, I have 1800 points begging me to figure out how I'm gonna divide them up between Sonic E4P2, Jet Set Radio, Naughty Bear, Deep Black, Backbreaker Vengeance, and Wrecked. Hmm...

[quote name='LondonGaijin']So, it's just gone midnight and 2013 is here. All that's left now is to ask...

Anyone know what Tuesdays Deal of the week is? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Currently, no...

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'll post my final haul later on, since I know my legions of fans are dying to know how I squander my money. In the meantime, I have 1800 points begging me to figure out how I'm gonna divide them up between Sonic E4P2, Jet Set Radio, Naughty Bear, Deep Black, Backbreaker Vengeance, and Wrecked. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

With a wish list like that I am surprised you have any fans at all.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'll post my final haul later on, since I know my legions of fans are dying to know how I squander my money. In the meantime, I have 1800 points begging me to figure out how I'm gonna divide them up between Sonic E4P2, Jet Set Radio, Naughty Bear, Deep Black, Backbreaker Vengeance, and Wrecked. Hmm...[/QUOTE]

Jet Grind Radio, and... then you are done.

I got:
Trine 2
Origin of Pain
Crazy Taxi
Counter Strike: GO
Hybrid
Frogger Hyper Arcade Edition

I wish I had noticed Zuma Revenge was on sale with Frogger as I probably would've gotten that, but no complaints, Frogger is pretty cool.

Can someone sell me on RAW? It just seems so "meh" to me....I suppose I should just save my points, but I feel like I may need to take a shot on this game. Any feedback? (I have Crimson Alliance and I still haven't played it once)

Jet Grind, Hybrid, Counterstrike: Global Offensive, Borderlands, and The Walking Dead.

BTW, is Deep Black really as bad as the reviews?

[quote name='Rollobobo']Can someone sell me on RAW? It just seems so "meh" to me....I suppose I should just save my points, but I feel like I may need to take a shot on this game. Any feedback? (I have Crimson Alliance and I still haven't played it once)[/QUOTE]

If you don't like that style of gameplay enough to overlook it's flaws, I can't imagine it being worth it to you.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Can someone sell me on RAW? It just seems so "meh" to me....I suppose I should just save my points, but I feel like I may need to take a shot on this game. Any feedback? (I have Crimson Alliance and I still haven't played it once)[/QUOTE]

No. Just, don't. Save your points and your time and your reputation for a better game. I have a friend who thought he'd love it, and always refers to it as one of his biggest purchase regrets.

just picked up Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Walking Dead, I was really skeptical about a Walking Dead thinking it was a point and click game but playing through the 1st episode really sold me. Loving it so far and can see how its being called GOTY

[quote name='rapsodist']No. Just, don't. Save your points and your time and your reputation for a better game. I have a friend who thought he'd love it, and always refers to it as one of his biggest purchase regrets.[/QUOTE]

Appreciate the input...I'm gonna pass. They should just release Gauntlet Dark Legacy for XBLA...Id buy that one right away. :)

I actually enjoyed the two Sonic 4 episodes. I prefer the first one, but people seem to like more the second.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']just picked up Borderlands 2 Season Pass and Walking Dead, I was really skeptical about a Walking Dead thinking it was a point and click game but playing through the 1st episode really sold me. Loving it so far and can see how its being called GOTY[/QUOTE]
I also like TWD episodes, but... GOTY? If it's not even a "game"! It's an interactive serie of 2'5/3 hours long movies! The story is great though.

My brief haul. Not to bad.

Skyrim: Hearthfire - 200 points
Skyrim: Dawnguard - 800 points
The Walking Dead Episode 5: No Time Left - 200 points
The Walking Dead Episode 4: Around Every Corner - 200 points
The Walking Dead Episode 3: Long Road Ahead - 200 points
The Walking Dead Episode 2: Starved For Help - 200 points
The Walking Dead Episode 1 - Free
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain - 200 points
Dust: An Elysian Tail™ - 600 points
World of Kieflings: It Came From Outer Space - 160 points
World of Kieflings: Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice - 160 points

Final haul:
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Zuma's Revenge
Rock of Ages
The Walking Dead, episodes 1-5

Wondering what tomorrow will bring. Even if there's no sale, we still have Retro City Rampage to look forward to on the 2nd.

[quote name='Sanges99']There's been talk from Harmonix (either on the RB site or quoted from the guy that runs RockBandAide.com -- sorry I'm useless for sourcing lately) that the GoD version of RB3 will be exportable... in the future. To my knowledge, only RB1 and RB2 are importable into RockBand Blitz (and all of the DLC upto and including this point, of course).

I'm unclear on whether you already have the game on disc or not and you're just deciding on getting the downloadable version or you don't have the game at all, but the interface is completely revamped over RB2 with a Rating System now, which is great for singling out songs you never EVER want to see on a random playlist challenge (I'm looking at you, half-the-tracks-from-my-Track Pack discs) and that alone is a good reason to upgrade from RB2.

Someone else had the question earlier if RB3 upgrade is worth it, and I vote YES, with the exception of Career Mode now being linked to your GT and not just the "bands" you create now; I feel it kills some of the replay but the interface is worth it until the next game comes out.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I was afraid everyone had just skimmed over my question because of all the blabbing I did in my post. I decided to just wait on getting the disc version with the keyboard since I'm not saving enough buying the GoD and keyboard separately. Decided to pick up the last 505 game for the hell of it instead. Anyone else hoping for some repeat sales the next few weeks? Lol.

[quote name='Ciffy']Looks like pidly 17 - 25% off EA '13 sports titles this week, if xbldb is to be believed. =/[/QUOTE]

Has there even been a DOTW with only GoD?

FINAL HAUL:

Deep Black
Super Meat Boy
Deadlight
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Jet Set Radio
Sonic Adventure 2
Fez
Walking Dead 2-5
Rock of Ages

[quote name='ooga']With a wish list like that I am surprised you have any fans at all.[/QUOTE]

With an inability to deduce that I just might have everything else on sale worth buying, I'm surprised you were able to post!

But really. Thanks to a few gifts, I have a hell of a lot more from this sale than I expected to, hence that less than incredible list. I'd rather demo the 505 games before I jump in blindly, but I'm also having second thoughts about picking up the Sega titles since they will undoubtedly be marked down again.

Final Haul:
Walking Dead (all)
Fez
Dust
Rock of Ages

Not a lot, but I'm happy with it. Good sale overall. Hopefully some surprise new years things beyond the crappy GoD sports titles xbldb is showing now.

Is Dawnguard worth it? FWIW, I've only put about an hour into the game, but I do plan on getting around to it eventually.

[quote name='Ciffy']Looks like pidly 17 - 25% off EA '13 sports titles this week, if xbldb is to be believed. =/[/QUOTE]
What?! A sale on something that I have no interest in at all and don't have to spend any of my points?!?! GOOD

[quote name='bardockkun']What?! A sale on something that I have no interest in at all and don't have to spend any of my points?!?! GOOD[/QUOTE]

Hah, make that 17% off, three EA GonD. The one that was 25% off is now showing as expired... here's to a new year of crappy deals of the weeks! Man I sometimes wonder why I stay gold. =/

It was a good run the past couple of weeks. It's going to be tough getting used to not checking in every night to see the usual suspects weigh in on the deals. Borderlands DLC, Skyrim DLC, Frogger, and I'm still debating Backbreaker. Everyone better go play that Zuma they bought! It's a great little game.

Happy New Year everyone.

[quote name='Ciffy']Hah, make that 17% off, three EA GonD. The one that was 25% off is now showing as expired... here's to a new year of crappy deals of the weeks! Man I sometimes wonder why I stay gold. =/[/QUOTE]

Clearly it's the 20 point gift for your birthday!

Ah, my previous post promised another wall of text and it appears I've gone and typed a bit much again, but this time I will not be merciful and place things behind spoiler tags =P. On the bright side, I think we are getting closer to a new DotW thread now that it's New Years, so ignoring this will be easier than ever ^^.

[quote name='rapsodist']No. Just, don't. Save your points and your time and your reputation for a better game. I have a friend who thought he'd love it, and always refers to it as one of his biggest purchase regrets.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to have to thank you for this assessment as well. It was one of those games which the discount makes it tempting, but a good talking sense like that makes me realize I still have Torchlight, Sacred 2, and Crimson Alliance in my 360 backlog.

As great as the countdown to New Years sales has been to me, I want it to be done with for new sales sooner. The temptation of A World of Keflings with its DLC would be gone from me once the sales changes over to a new Deal of the Week and Sales & Specials + offers. The vague memory of "busy work" that is A Kingdom for Keflings can only stave me off from the discount to the sequel's "new and improved busy work with avatar parts!" for just so much longer.

[quote name='E.Nich']I also like TWD episodes, but... GOTY? If it's not even a "game"! It's an interactive serie of 2'5/3 hours long movies! The story is great though.[/QUOTE]

I think of point and click adventure titles as games. I have fond memories of old LucasArts Games like Sam & Max: Hit the Road, Monkey Island games, Day of the Tentacle, etc. Old Sierra ones with the point & click interface like Conquest of Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood, Kings Quest, Space Quest, the old Leisure Suit Larry games, etc. had plenty enough charm and enough interactivity for me to define them as videogames.

I played quite a few of those Japanese digital novel games like Steins;Gate, With You: Mitumeteitai, Sentimental Graffiti games, etc. (not to be confused with date games which are more stat-management based like the Tokimeki Memorial or Mitumete Knight games), which fits my odd tastes in videogames, and yes, I enjoy those as well. Even the newer point & click adventure games like Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) and Heavy Rain weren't bad for me either. Heck, one of my biggest regrets was waiting on some Xbox Originals to get a sale on Xbox Live, and I waited so long that the point & click adventure Dreamfall: The Longest Journey appears to be delisted =(.

Granted, I always mention my odd taste in videogames. Typically it doesn't take much for a videogame to entertain me, but it takes a lot of work for me to not like one. All it has to do is when I hit a button and things happen, I'm quite easily amused. I define videogames as a medium which provides the combination of various entertainment aspects (some aspects can be dialed up or down). A videogame can engage me with story like a book, gameplay like card/board games, music like on phonographs (I'm old, but rhythm games provide such entertainment), imagery like with movies, like any toy that allows me to play around in or with, all these aspects to varying degrees. So the point and click adventure fit the definition for me personally, like ye old fashioned find-you-fate books (I am old, in my day I did have some fun with pieces of tree). Even I enjoyed the XBLA Dragon's Lair when it was up for 400MSP; I even played it way past its time (never played it back when it was in actual arcades) and that stands as one of my favorite Kinect games (up there with Child of Eden, Mass Effect 3, Halo Anniversary, and Forza Horizon) even for just being an interactive movie like The Walking Dead games. ^^

[quote name='bardockkun']What?! A sale on something that I have no interest in at all and don't have to spend any of my points?!?! GOOD[/QUOTE]

By Jove! That's so crazy, it might actually work! It makes too much sense! =P

Anyway, here's to a new year! I already anticipate purchasing Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds (still sad my amazon preorder for Phantom Breaker was cancelled), Magical Drop 5, and Pier Solar HD (even tho this one I think will miss 2013) for full price on release. While I too will play the waiting for a bargain price for XBLA Retro City Rampage, The Cave, Virtual On: Cyber Troopers, Darkstalkers Resurrection, BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2, Zombies!!!, and Super Time Force (maybe even Charlie Murder and Guacamelee!, the possibilities of 2013 ^^). This new year has much to offer on the XBLA front (although at this time only Bioshock Infinite and South Park: The Stick of Truth come to mind for disc 360 games in 2013 ... I may try that Womb Raider game too).

I hope the Deal of the week is more than EA titles. I'll be hoping for something on the Sales & Specials + app as well now that it's a new week. At least we get a new Xbox Live Rewards offer for the month. Happy New Years and I hope you can get through your new and improved backlog (from the countdown) ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='E.Nich']I actually enjoyed the two Sonic 4 episodes. I prefer the first one, but people seem to like more the second.

I also like TWD episodes, but... GOTY? If it's not even a "game"! It's an interactive serie of 2'5/3 hours long movies! The story is great though.[/QUOTE]

well I'm just saying there is talk of it being the GOTY and I believe it won it on the VGA. For me its very good but yeah not GOTY (i'd give that to Halo 4 probably)

My haul:

A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Borderlands
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
LEGO Star Wars III: Clone Wars
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
Mark of the Ninja
Toy Story 3
Trials Evolution - Origin of Pain
Trials HD - Big Pack
The Walking Dead Episode 3-5

This. I'm good for awhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile.

The xbox rewards for Janary is based on kinect fitness:

Earn up to 200 Microsoft Points this January! Get 100 Points when you play featured Kinect fitness games, like Nike+ Kinect Training, for 20 hours or more. Plus, we'll give you another 100 Points if you spend 800 Points or more on eligible Fitness Game Add-ons. That makes 200 Points total – and a fitter, stronger you!

I didn't go too crazy this year as I already own a lot of the sale stuff. This is what I got:
  • Borderlands 2 Season Pass
  • Borderlands Games on Demand (for my girlfriend's account)
  • The Walking Dead Episodes 1-5
  • World of Keflings DLC
  • 2 dinosaur avatar items (for my daughter's account)

Got an email about new screenshots for Zeno Clash 2 that also mentions Zeno Clash UE on XBLA will be 50% off this week:

zcii-blast_04.jpg

[quote name='eastx']I used to listen to Fifty Percent all the time, back when I lived in da hood yo.[/QUOTE]
Is that from the bargain CD's at the front of 7-11? Alongside TwelvePac and Kung Fu Clan and many others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back