XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Jhuntley']Saints Row 2 is showing up as 880 points for me too. I'm assuming they're charging some kind of weird tax on the points. Is it bad that an 80 point difference was the main deciding factor between me buying a game I know nothing about (Metro 2033) and the prequel to one of my favorite games this generation (Saints Row 2)?[/QUOTE]

that's weird. Metro 2033 went up to $19.99 for a little while yesterday as well. People contacted @XboxSupport on Twitter and they acknowledged they were working to resolve it. This 880 points price sounds like another screw up.

[quote name='MagmaOasis']Shocktober is horror themed games sale right? If so then i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed for Scarygirl and Deadlight[/QUOTE]
Deadlight needs a 75% discount to make it worth it for most users.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Deadlight needs a 75% discount to make it worth it for most users.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't recommend Deadlight at 600 MSP either.

[quote name='keit2208']What's so bad about deadlight?[/QUOTE]

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/deadlight/critic-reviews

Not that much, if you're not inclined to conforming to Dtoid that is. Seems like the majority can't fully justify the $15 price for the "short amount of game play" and "abrupt ending," but at half that it sounds like a buyer. Looks like Shadow Complex meets George A. Romero's LIMBO. People have clamored over worse games in this thread.

[quote name='keit2208']What's so bad about deadlight?[/QUOTE]

It's short (easily beatable in 3 1/2 hours with 100% completion), controls are a little flaky, and the story isn't great. I personally didn't care for the graphics either (a lot of people really praised them, but I thought they were too dark and muddy to be enjoyable). To me, it was a huge disappointment from top to bottom.

[quote name='Blade']http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/deadlight/critic-reviews

Not that much, if you're not inclined to conforming to Dtoid that is. Seems like the majority can't fully justify the $15 price for the "short amount of game play" and "abrupt ending," but at half that it sounds like a buyer. Looks like Shadow Complex meets George A. Romero's LIMBO. People have clamored over worse games in this thread.[/QUOTE]

It might look like Shadow Complex but it plays nothing like it.

With the size of my gaming backlog, being a short game makes it more desirable. Of course, I got mine for free so I can't complain either way. However, knowing it's this short bumps it up to the top of my need-to-play game list.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Deadlight's problem is that the first 30 minutes is solid, then it's all downhill.[/QUOTE]
Which is strange, considering it's a horizontal scroller where you proceed left-to-right. #amiright? :lol:

In all seriousness, that's very strange about Saints Row 2 GoD. I'm in WA state, so if I didn't know any better, I'd think it was our 9.5% sales tax. However, Darksiders was only 800pts for me last night, which raises concerns in my mind that the Marketplace system can't even do simple math of converting dollars->to->points, whereas I thought the conversion was built into the system. #head-meet-wall :wall:

Anyone know (or care to speculate) as to if the Shocktober Sale items will be exclusive to Gold XBL members?
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to send a solid Gold renewal offer my way, only a paltry discount on 3 months so far and it's only so-so.

[quote name='chuckie88']Anyone know (or care to speculate) as to if the Shocktober Sale items will be exclusive to Gold XBL members?
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to send a solid Gold renewal offer my way, only a paltry discount on 3 months so far and it's only so-so.[/QUOTE]

Watch the eBay daily deal. Last week they had 12 months for $34.99 I believe.

[quote name='ooga']With the size of my gaming backlog, being a short game makes it more desirable. Of course, I got mine for free so I can't complain either way. However, knowing it's this short bumps it up to the top of my need-to-play game list.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='crunchewy']Truly: Short > Long

:)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='illennium']Agreed.[/QUOTE]

I too have quite a backlog and usually gravitate to shorter ones rather than longer ones. But I still think it's a fair criticism to say Deadlight does not have enough content to justify its $15 price tag.

[quote name='chuckie88']Anyone know (or care to speculate) as to if the Shocktober Sale items will be exclusive to Gold XBL members?
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to send a solid Gold renewal offer my way, only a paltry discount on 3 months so far and it's only so-so.[/QUOTE]

Almost positive that they won't be exclusive to Gold members.

I can't remember any sale event being gold only. That's usually just the DOTW.

[quote name='LordVila']Watch the eBay daily deal. Last week they had 12 months for $34.99 I believe.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes peeled. It's been a while since I've had to buy Gold time but I'm not rushing it. I had burned through a bunch of 1 month promos before Microsoft offered a good 2 yr deal via the dashboard in October 2010.

RE: Shocktober sale/XBL Gold
[quote name='tylerh1701']Almost positive that they won't be exclusive to Gold members.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='biledriver']I can't remember any sale event being gold only. That's usually just the DOTW.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys, I had a feeling that's how it'd be but needed some verification. Hopefully, there's something worthwhile as I just got an influx of 1000 MS points that I might use during the sale. My wife still uses Microsoft's Zune Music format on her windows phone and PC. They just sent her an email encouraging her to use it via Xbox and included 1000 MS points as a "thanks for being our customer" kind of thing.

Hey did anyone find out if MS is going to address the 880msp issue for Saints Row 2 (i.e. sending a report to Microsoft?) If not, does any have a suggestion about how to try to get the ball rolling on this....or possibly that it's a sign that no one should be buying it.

Thanks regardless in advance.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']You wouldn't happen to be an incredibly attractive [B][/B]woman, would you?[/QUOTE]

Is that how you got the name Dark Inchworm? :lol:

[quote name='sickman']Is that how you got the name Dark Inchworm? :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'll never tell!

Admittedly, the truth is not at all exciting. I mean, the truth behind the screen name. Not the truth in the pants. Whatever.

When you folks get to a game in your backlog, do you try to 100% the achievements or just try to beat the main storyline?

[quote name='VersionJ']When you folks get to a game in your backlog, do you try to 100% the achievements or just try to beat the main storyline?[/QUOTE]

Don't be silly. No one on CAG gets to games in their backlog.

I usually try to enjoy the game first, and then play through for achievements.
But damn if the Pinball FX2 achievements are a bitch

[quote name='VersionJ']When you folks get to a game in your backlog, do you try to 100% the achievements or just try to beat the main storyline?[/QUOTE]

I go for 50-70%, depending on how much fun I'm having. If I love it I'll 100% it, but I rarely have time for that these days.

At this point, I just try to beat the main storyline and then I trade it in. Getting to 100% complete is great but it's not a realistic goal for me, because I know from experience I will grab the easy and medium ones and then stumble badly on the hard achievements.

What do you guys think about Darksiders ? I checked metacritic and it seems to be a good game, i know there is a demo but a demo can be alot different then the full game, thanks :lol:

[quote name='Stephan123']What do you guys think about Darksiders ? I checked metacritic and it seems to be a good game, i know there is a demo but a demo can be alot different then the full game, thanks :lol:[/QUOTE]

Great game, especially for $20. I played it at the $30 price range and felt it was well worth it. The story line is relatively interesting and the game play kept me hooked until the end. It's a cliche but think of it as a "mature" Legend of Zelda and you are mostly there.

I try for 100% always. Don't always get it but I always go for as much as I can. I guess that's why I haven't actually bought a retail game in like 6 months but still have a 10 game backlog. That and Minecraft, just got into that recently and it just eats your time up.

Can't wait till the 23rd when the Dark Souls DLC comes out. I wonder if it will count towards the October promotion. Still turn between whether I want to get it for 360 or PS3.

I bought Warhammer 40,000: Kill Team one of the last times it was on sale, and it's a decent enough twin-stick shooter for someone who isn't necessarily a Warhammer fan. It took me around 5 hours I think to get through, and I'll probably play through it again with one of the other classes.

The demo for Wreckateer was pretty good, but with my backlog growing a demo really needs to pull me in for me to make a purchase. If it ever gets cheaper I'll probably pick it up.

I'll try the demo for You Don't Know Jack, but I wish Metro 2033 had one too. If I want both I'd have to buy points, which I'd like to avoid.... The Darksiders demo was fun when I played it a while back, but I'd rather buy a used disc copy for half the price.

Side note: I added Metacritic scores for a few more games in the OP.

Main storyline. Rarely will I go for 100%, if it involves a 2nd playthrough or masssive grinding then it's a hell no.

[quote name='Stephan123']What do you guys think about Darksiders ? I checked metacritic and it seems to be a good game, i know there is a demo but a demo can be alot different then the full game, thanks :lol:[/QUOTE]

Awesome game!

[quote name='LordVila']Can't wait till the 23rd when the Dark Souls DLC comes out. I wonder if it will count towards the October promotion. Still turn between whether I want to get it for 360 or PS3.[/QUOTE]

Dude me too, I am hoping it comes out tuesday but major nelson didn't list it and xbox suppoort twitter answers me with "Have a question for xbox support?"

[quote name='franscodelamrte']Hey did anyone find out if MS is going to address the 880msp issue for Saints Row 2 (i.e. sending a report to Microsoft?) If not, does any have a suggestion about how to try to get the ball rolling on this....or possibly that it's a sign that no one should be buying it.

Thanks regardless in advance.[/QUOTE]

Tweeting to xboxsupport gets a response pretty quickly, they can't do anything directly I don't think but they do forward it. When they put Skullgirls wrongly in the section for reduced price, it was fixed after I tweeted xboxsupport about it.

Still mad that it hasn't seen a sale yet by the way. At least hoping it shows up as a scratch off reduction since the game is pretty dead and it's patch has been severely delayed.

[quote name='biledriver']Tweeting to xboxsupport gets a response pretty quickly, they can't do anything directly I don't think but they do forward it. When they put Skullgirls wrongly in the section for reduced price, it was fixed after I tweeted xboxsupport about it.

Still mad that it hasn't seen a sale yet by the way. At least hoping it shows up as a scratch off reduction since the game is pretty dead and it's patch has been severely delayed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up none the less

If anyone wasn't unaware, you can use the controllers from the Scene It Bundle with You Don't Know Jack. It was confirmed early in the Scene It Bundle thread to be compatible with YDKJ. Amazon currently has it for $11.66 from two different third party sellers but shipped by Amazon, making them eligible for FSSS/Prime.

[quote name='Sway']If anyone wasn't unaware, you can use the controllers from the Scene It Bundle with You Don't Know Jack. It was confirmed early in the Scene It Bundle thread to be compatible with YDKJ. Amazon currently has it for $11.66 from two different third party sellers but shipped by Amazon, making them eligible for FSSS/Prime.[/QUOTE]

That's fantastic news, thanks for the heads up! I picked up a bundle from KMart for 5 bucks last year. Traded in the game during a bonus promo and held onto the controllers since they were worthless trade in wise. Very pleased to find out that I made a fortuitous descision. Makes my recent Jack sale purchase all the sweeter.

Not sure if there has been any update to the Saints Row 2 map pricing issue (I have been at work). I tweeted to xboxsupport, and have watched countless questions answered, and multiple follow-ups, UPS none concerning the pricing issue, and no replies directly to me.

[quote name='Sway']If anyone wasn't unaware, you can use the controllers from the Scene It Bundle with You Don't Know Jack. It was confirmed early in the Scene It Bundle thread to be compatible with YDKJ. Amazon currently has it for $11.66 from two different third party sellers but shipped by Amazon, making them eligible for FSSS/Prime.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and they are definitely worth having if you are going to play this game with non-gamers. It's easy to get 60 year old parents into the game immediately with those things.

[quote name='KRONUS EGGPLANT']Kind of off subject but anybody knows how long is generally takes to get your bing points ?[/QUOTE]

The last time I got Bing points I got them within a few minutes.

I redeemed some bing points earlier in the week and it was being slow...like really slow. It took literally hours. It usully is really fast though.

Threw my hat into the OP-editing ring and added the current Guitar Hero/DJ Hero sales. Other than XBLDB not accurately reflecting the current RHPS pack pricing, I think all went well. Thanks to Smike for bringing it up all the way back on page 7.

For the most part, yes I go for 100% (unless there are grind achievements). My first playthrough I don't seek them out so I can enjoy the "story".

Ok, I am not sure if anyone else has checked but here it is. I just realized that with the switch to Xbox Video, all the purchases I made in the Zune marketplace are now gone. I also did not keep the videos on my HD cause it was too full. So anyone else having this problem? Or know if I still "own" the videos?

[quote name='Blade3D']Ok, I am not sure if anyone else has checked but here it is. I just realized that with the switch to Xbox Video, all the purchases I made in the Zune marketplace are now gone. I also did not keep the videos on my HD cause it was too full. So anyone else having this problem? Or know if I still "own" the videos?[/QUOTE]

hah, if that's the case I'll be making some complaints, had about $40 worth of content from zune.

[quote name='Blade3D']Ok, I am not sure if anyone else has checked but here it is. I just realized that with the switch to Xbox Video, all the purchases I made in the Zune marketplace are now gone. I also did not keep the videos on my HD cause it was too full. So anyone else having this problem? Or know if I still "own" the videos?[/QUOTE]
All of the free videos that I've gotten from the Zune store show up in the new store, so are you sure that your videos are gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back