XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Gabrius']The "Sales & Specials" page on xbox.com is showing a lot more titles now like I am Alive and Deadlight, but they're still regular price.

...thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It would be weird for them to list these under "sales" and not actually have a sale right? I sure hope so. :D

^Like last year, they are advertising a plethora of "horror" content, but only discounting a small portion of it.

MS can be very loose with the term "sale". I'd say there's almost 0% chance that that content drops in price, so I'd recommend not getting your hopes up guys.

[quote name='Gabrius']The "Sales & Specials" page on xbox.com is showing a lot more titles now like I am Alive and Deadlight, but they're still regular price.

...thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's also showcasing titles that are not being discounted but are being featured in their Spooktacular Shocktober promotion.

Advertised on XBL as 50% off

Tricks and Treats
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
Dead Rising 2 (Amazon Warehouse Deals has the physical copy for $12.74 FSSS)
Resident Evil 4

No discount listed for the following:

Grave Arcade
I Am Alive
Deadlight
Castlevania HOD
All Zombies Must Die!
Haunt
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Zombie Apocalypse: Never Die Alone

Dead on Demand
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Dead Space
Dante's Inferno
Alan Wake
Left 4 Dead 2

Looks like the same setup as last halloweens sales. Some titles were discounted, some seemed to just be advertised at full price.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It would be weird for them to list these under "sales" and not actually have a sale right? I sure hope so. :D[/QUOTE]

This is Microsoft, so its not too weird. They did the same thing last year by featuring many titles in the shocktober sale but not actually putting them on sale. I'm content with just getting RE4HD for this sale but I sure wouldn't mind them putting I Am Alive on sale.

[quote name='Blade3D']Not sure what to do now, bought Walking Dead Ep. 4, and Resident Evil 4. I need to spend 400MSP to get 300MSP back.[/QUOTE]

You would need 800MSP.

[quote name='drawingboard']I'm shocked at how shitty these Shocktober deals are. Maybe that's what they were going for.[/QUOTE]

Same set up as last year, hopefully next year everyone will remember and not get their hopes up.:)

That said, RE4 at 800 is a deal IMHO.

Can't get Bioshock because I only have points on my silver account. :(

Mystery Spin is half off (40 points).

Last edited by a moderator:
ok i cannot find this game anywhere for 1600 MSP
Batman Arkham City - Gold Price: 1600 ($20.00) Microsoft Points - 33% off

CAN SOMEONE show me where to buy it for 1600 msp
only thing i can find is where to buy it for money

[quote name='Inbox']ok i cannot find this game anywhere for 1600 MSP

only thing i can find is where to buy it for money[/QUOTE]

Which parts of the instructions in the OP from the Games on Demand section are you having trouble with? I'm happy to help when I know what you've already tried.

When that box comes up afteryou click purchase on xbox.com click buy with microsoft points. If you're on xbox console press X.

0.jpg

Look at the bottom where it says press X

[quote name='tylerh1701']I can confirm that I'm all for friendliness on this thread, but I can also confirm that I thought it wasn't a very good question either, as a simple glance at xbox.com, xbldb.com, or the xbox dashboard could have answered his question.

I can also confirm that I laughed everytime someone's response started with "I can confirm..."[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to confirm that I checked the OP and didn't see it there when I posted and was at work and didn't have access to XBL, Xbox.com or XBLDB. So I asked here.

I can also confirm that those who chastised me for asking were being assholes and completely detailed the thread with their "I can confirm" posts.

With that thanks to who confirmed it and I will be picking it up tonight.

We already answered your "claims" last time you said you can't buy game with MS points and in this case that deal is dead now anyways.

[quote name='Dthib87']When that box comes up afteryou click purchase on xbox.com click buy with microsoft points. If you're on xbox console press X.

0.jpg

Look at the bottom where it says press X[/QUOTE]

When you click the purchase button on xbox.com you should see this:

n3X5s.jpg

Click on "use microsoft points" and it should change to three lines that show your total MSP balance, -1600, and what you'll have after. The only reason I can imagine the "use microsoft points" wouldn't show up is if you have fewer than 1600 in your account.

[quote name='Dthib87']Keep in mind you can only play it through l4d2. So you can't buy cold stream and expect to play crash course in l4d1. Hope that clears that up for you.[/QUOTE]

Right on. That's what I thought but for some reason read it as saying it was the Left 4 Dead 1 Crash Course.

I've been waiting to finish L4D1 (is that an acceptable abbreviation?) before getting L4D2. But I've been waiting for L4D1's DLC to be discounted first. Haven't seen it happen since L4D2 was released though. Hope I didn't miss it a few years back.

[quote name='weeman43302']You would need 800MSP.[/QUOTE]

Ah that's right, hmmm contemplating picking up Bioshock then. I just don't know if ill ever play it again.

[quote name='Blade3D']Ah that's right, hmmm contemplating picking up Bioshock then. I just don't know if ill ever play it again.[/QUOTE]
You're spending points to get a miniscule amount of points back. Plus it's not like that game is hard to find on the cheap anyways. Personally I say skip this promo as opposed to thinking you got yourself a deal.

I've decided to pass on RE4 and hopefully get it on sale on PS3 at a later time.

What are people's thoughts on Leedmees? It looked kind of fun and I'm always looking for games to play with my nephew.

I might finally use the Chain Reaction and buy the Hazardous Reunion and Raziel & Kane packs. Recently my friend and I went through and finished the last achievement so I wouldn't mind having more content to play.

Those Croft packs are one room puzzle gimmicks, survival arenas, or chases. You're just getting an assortment of four of these one room challenges of varying types. The longevity of these packs is not large.

Also, is there a chance that there will be other eligible games on sale next Tuesday (10/30/12) since the October promotion ends on the 31st?

You think they would put another set of horror games on sale next week?

[quote name='antlp89']Is Alan Wake's American Nightmare worth 600 MSP?[/QUOTE]
If you're expecting anywhere as much depth as the full retail game you'll be disappointed. Basically the game plays like Groundhogs Day with Alan having to replay 3 of the same areas (with new tasks thrown in each time) to escape the story he's stuck in. It's no where as good as the first game (or even the DLC I dare argue), but if you want more Alan Wake in general then I'd say the price is right and about 4-6 hours not counting the "Fight Til Dawn" mode. Plus the writing isn't bad and it does touch upon the characters from the first game.

[quote name='tylerh1701']^Like last year, they are advertising a plethora of "horror" content, but only discounting a small portion of it.

MS can be very loose with the term "sale". I'd say there's almost 0% chance that that content drops in price, so I'd recommend not getting your hopes up guys.[/QUOTE]

Well, sometimes its On Sale and sometimes its For Sale. For me, its No Sale.

Depends. You are getting a much more scaled down helping of Alan Wake. It's almost all combat this time, with mostly you and a villain asshole determined to chew every bit of scenery in this game and the three games next to it. He's always a hoot to watch but apart from that you're just schlepping across big open areas to check boxes until you get to the end. The demo is an accurate depiction.

Alan Wake's combat has been refined here. If you are as big a fan of that as I am, then you should enjoy this serving as most of your time will be spent in survival mode anyway. Enemy shadow HP has been dropped and gun HP raised a bit so that the weapon variety is no longer a dumb joke and the flashlight is no longer the only weapon that matters (Even though it is still vital). More enemy variety too. Only problem is flares are no longer quite the immensely satisfying nuke they were in AW.

Yes. Just don't expect greatness. It's very arcade-y, but decent fun. But like bardockkun said it's nowhere near as good as the retail game.

Edit: RollingSkull nailed it - agree 100%.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I've decided to pass on RE4 and hopefully get it on sale on PS3 at a later time.

What are people's thoughts on Leedmees? It looked kind of fun and I'm always looking for games to play with my nephew.

I might finally use the Chain Reaction and buy the Hazardous Reunion and Raziel & Kane packs. Recently my friend and I went through and finished the last achievement so I wouldn't mind having more content to play.[/QUOTE]

I made the call to pass on RE4 as well. I steadily lost interest in RE after the original in my youth and just can't find the appeal or get hooked regardless of how many 'ol college tries I give it.

Leedmees is alright. Its fun for a bit, but not necessarily something you're going to want to go back to very often. For 5 bucks its not a bad purchase.

I'm biting on the Croft add-ons finally as well. I looked the other way last time they were on sale but occasionally wish I hadn't.

[quote name='KanYozakura']I can't believe Splatterhouse isn't a part of the Shocktober sale...Namco buried it too well I guess.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I've been lamenting the fact its not included in the October Rewards promo either for about 2 weeks now. Bleh.

yes it is

Mr. Scratch makes this game but be careful though, he's a bit of a psycho

[quote name='Gabrius']The "Sales & Specials" page on xbox.com is showing a lot more titles now like I am Alive and Deadlight, but they're still regular price ... thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I can confirm this info is in the OP ... only via the S&S+ will you access the "special/hacked/kludge" region where the price has been knocked down. If you view the Marketplace using your home region (whether USA, Canada, UK, or whatever), you'll see the regular price. Then after a few days (or more?) after the sale is done, they'll do a 1-time batch run to mark the item as "bought" on your account for your home region to reflect the item is "already purchased".

If you liked Alan Wake i think American Nightmare is definitely worth it at 600. I wasn't disappointed with it at 1200 even though it didn't wow me.

Alan Wake AN, is the only XBLA game I've ever bought at not only full price but at launch. Truth be told mainly because I wanted to support a possibility of a full sequel. While I thought it wasn't quite as good as it predecessor. My only gripe was it length. While you do have to give props on the quirky thing they do to extent it's over all length, it's still meh for me. I just have to keep telling myself it's a XBLA game not a full console version that you were spoiled with. :lol:

So...I am Alive and Deadlight are 50% off also? Through scratch and match?. I can't confirm myself, I am unable to go on Live right now. Thanks guys.

From what I've heard ever since RE4 came out, its a great game. Plus the Xbox 360 HD version did an admiral job. Good deal IMO. I personally liked the original Alan Wake and I enjoyed the time playing the demo, so I think that is a good deal also. I just may pick them both up.

I suck for not picking up Darksiders for 800msp. What a shame.

Oh, and why is the OP not updated yet? Is it just me?

That's a tough pill to swallow though just because AW was such quality and in all the polish ways, AWAN is such a step down from AW. It's fun but it's like some kid got in Remedy's paint box and just doodled at it for a while. All the good stuff is there though but... just less of it. Less of the quality direction and pacing of AW too. I love it a lot but it's a tough sort of love.

Plus who on earth directed that scientist voice actress? Does he even know what English is? Did the writers even TALK to him? She delivered EVERY line with the wrong inflection.

Getting RE4 and maybe Bioshock 2...I have it on disc and may trade to Best Buy if its worth it.

Was hoping to see RE:CV on sale too...oh well, hopefully soon.

they have put the bioshock in the shocktober promo on the dash. looks like a way to make it look like more on sale when it is not. wish everything in the shocktober page on dash ws on sale

How does Resident Evil 4 HD run on the 360? I had heard that the 360 version is the weakest of the ports. Is this true? Anyone who has it, is it fine getting it on 360 or worth waiting for PS3?

[quote name='Cornelius']I can confirm this info is in the OP ... only via the S&S+ will you access the "special/hacked/kludge" region where the price has been knocked down. If you view the Marketplace using your home region (whether USA, Canada, UK, or whatever), you'll see the regular price. Then after a few days (or more?) after the sale is done, they'll do a 1-time batch run to mark the item as "bought" on your account for your home region to reflect the item is "already purchased".[/QUOTE]

I am not sure I know what this means?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I wish DR:OTR was on sale for 50% off. Well maybe Ill get it on psn, since I got in on the free ps+ last night.[/QUOTE]
Wha wha whaaaat? :cry:

Jumping into the OP to make some quick edits, so that Batman & THQ are no longer confusing folks. I'll update this post when done.

[quote name='Cornelius']Wha wha whaaaat? :cry:

Jumping into the OP to make some quick edits, so that Batman & THQ are no longer confusing folks. I'll update this post when done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

A little off topic, but The Splatters is quite a fun game. It's got the charm and addicting gameplay of Peggle and it's pretty challenging. Glad I picked it up when it was 400 last week(?).

I finally got the new dashboard today and I like it. I also decided to buy Alan Wake's American Nightmare since I had 600 MSP just sitting in my account waiting for a deal anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back