XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Decker']Here's a kick in the crotch to longtime Pinball FX players : If you bought the original Pinball FX, then you have all the Pinball Classic tables in your collection already -- they got ported over with HD graphics and the new leaderboards. However, they don't reflect in your purchase history as Pinball Classic table pack. So if you bought Pinball FX and still need one of the other tables on sale in the Chain Reaction, you'd first have to re-buy those same old tables again![/QUOTE]

Dang. Hate to hear that. I am one that had the original tables ported over and was hoping to get the Ms. Splosion Man table. I was afraid this might be the case. (at work now and was unable to verify)

Ms. Splosion Man table is pretty decent, plus it's one where you can get a good high score if you're good enough (I got over 88 million on my 3rd play). Classic is okay for the price, but I HATE the Xtreme table because it feels so cramped. Also, don't expect high scores (you'd be lucky/extremely good if you hit double digits for millions).

So what are CAGs thoughts on Akai Kantana....1200 points seems reasonable, but I know nothing about this game other then the fact its a Cave shooter. Thoughts?

For $15, I'd say it's worth it. I bought it for about $20 on disc and had a good amount of fun. Nice to play a Cave shooter that's horizontal than vertical for a change (haven't played either Deathsmiles game yet, seriously wish X2 would go on sale).

[quote name='Zonic505']For $15, I'd say it's worth it. I bought it for about $20 on disc and had a good amount of fun. Nice to play a Cave shooter that's horizontal than vertical for a change (haven't played either Deathsmiles game yet, seriously wish X2 would go on sale).[/QUOTE]

I bought the original Death Smiles and had a bit of fun with it, but I grew a bit bored with it after a while and traded it into Gamestop. Wish there was a demo for Akai Katana.

[quote name='hufferstl']How are the tables are in the classic collection? And can anyone recommend the Ms. Splosion Man table?
[/QUOTE]
With the exception of a nice Pirates of the Caribbean-inspired table, they're not great. Two are mediocre (one is a Bond-like Spy themed table with a few cool features, one is a basic car racing themed table). Xtreme is a terrible table that I really loathe. There is some value to be had in the other three tables, but they're certainly not up to the quality of the more recent tables. I would certainly encourage you to try the demos before purchasing.

[quote name='Rollobobo']So what are CAGs thoughts on Akai Kantana....1200 points seems reasonable, but I know nothing about this game other then the fact its a Cave shooter. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

AK is my favorite Cave hori on the 360. More than worth it at $15.

Ms. Splosion Man i though was very well done. i own all the tables and it is one of my favorites. if you like a ton of point possibility, this is the one for you.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I bought the original Death Smiles and had a bit of fun with it, but I grew a bit bored with it after a while and traded it into Gamestop. Wish there was a demo for Akai Katana.[/QUOTE]

This. I know its in kinda the same vein, but is it any longer? DS had only a handful of stages, with a bunch of other "modes" to play them in that i dont care about.

and is the AK sale today only like some of the other GoD sales?

Hmmm may have to pick up pinball classic for the hell of it. I'm not much of a pinball fan, but the completist in me wants it to complete the tables I have. Will have to pick up Ms spokeswoman then as well.

[quote name='bajingo']This. I know its in kinda the same vein, but is it any longer? DS had only a handful of stages, with a bunch of other "modes" to play them in that i dont care about.

and is the AK sale today only like some of the other GoD sales?[/QUOTE]

It's a SHMUP - these games aren't known for their length as they're meant to be replayed over and over again for score and perfection.

No idea on the sale.

[quote name='Gabrius']It's a SHMUP - these games aren't known for their length as they're meant to be replayed over and over again for score and perfection.

No idea on the sale.[/QUOTE]

great point, I should've known that. Don't care about leaderboards and stuff so I'll just wait for a cheaper disc copy if that ever happens. Good deal for super SHMUP fans though... I am just a casual SHMUP fan.

[quote name='bajingo']great point, I should've known that. Don't care about leaderboards and stuff so I'll just wait for a cheaper disc copy if that ever happens. Good deal for super SHMUP fans though... I am just a casual SHMUP fan.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm with you Bajingo....with Kinect Joy Ride looking like a good buy at 400 points and the ToeJam & Earl collection looking like an instant buy this Wednesday, I may have to invest my 1200 points there as opposed to Akai Katana.

[quote name='Rollobobo']I think I'm with you Bajingo....with Kinect Joy Ride looking like a good buy at 400 points and the ToeJam & Earl collection looking like an instant buy this Wednesday, I may have to invest my 1200 points there as opposed to Akai Katana.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SonicXtreme']
everyone buy toejam and earl.[/QUOTE]

Bless you both. :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
every time the FX tables go on sale, i download the trials and realize that i'm bored of the tables after the 3 minute trial. i like pinball IRL but i guess if it's video pinball it has to have something extra, more intricate tables that couldn't/would be a pain to accomplish in real life, otherwise i just don't see the point in paying money for the full versions. and i'm a high score kinda guy too, when i stopped playing jet set radio i was top 20 in almost all the missions.

i remember virtual pinball for the genesis sucking up hours and hours of my time. that game just had IT, the tables were more fun than real life tables, and you could custom create any kind of table that wasn't in the game. but to each his own. on the other hand it's nice to find a game that's worth keeping a trial around for when i get that itch one in a while (luckily my itch is satisfied in about ten minutes in this case so no need for paying for the tables)

i think the funnest part of virtual pinball though, was the fact that i would rent the game, i never owned it. every few months i'd rent it from the video store, and the funnest part was booting up the game and seeing what kind of tables the last person that rented it made, and trying to beat their high score on it. it was almost like leaderboards are nowadays, except it was viral; i remember renting NBA jam, getting a ton of wins, returning it, renting it a few months later and seeing where i ranked among people who rented it. oh the simple joys of childhood kids take for granted nowadays with your online leaderboards. man i feel like uncle drew now.

everyone buy toejam and earl.

Is the Mass Effect 2 Genesis Add-on worth grabbing if I want to replay Mass Effect 2 and don't have a ME1 save (I had beaten Mass Effect 1 originally but my save got corrupted, so I played thru ME2 without it) wondering if this will make it worth playing through again

Question: I have an allotment of points, is there anyway i can use those to get a download code for a game?

A friend is doing something pretty generous for me and i wanted to repay him with a few games i know he wants...

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Is the Mass Effect 2 Genesis Add-on worth grabbing if I want to replay Mass Effect 2 and don't have a ME1 save (I had beaten Mass Effect 1 originally but my save got corrupted, so I played thru ME2 without it) wondering if this will make it worth playing through again[/QUOTE]

Uhm..you DO realize that you're talking about a digital comic right? =O

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Question: I have an allotment of points, is there anyway i can use those to get a download code for a game?

A friend is doing something pretty generous for me and i wanted to repay him with a few games i know he wants...[/QUOTE]
There is no gifting option with MS

[quote name='Juice el Savior']how do people get download codes for xbla then?[/QUOTE]
Winning them through raptr/playxbla, buying them from gamestop I think amazon still does it as well they'll send you a code but its not for all games.
I'm sure theres more ways but I don't know them all

[quote name='Juice el Savior']how do people get download codes for xbla then?[/QUOTE]

You win them or get them as a promo.

[quote name='bardockkun']Looks like Bully got marked down to 1200 points as well for GoD.[/QUOTE]

I just played through Bully a couple weeks ago for the first time. Amazing game. If you are a fan of sandbox games at all, you should play this game. Well worth 1200 points imo.

[quote name='Ubichu']

Playing my old games is what I care about. I'd be bummed if I lost the ability to use multiplayer on XBL Gold, but most of my games have single player modes I like. What really matters to me is that in the indefinite future (even 10 years from now) I can still use any 360 console and log in using my old XBL account I purchased my 360 games, re-download them, and play them all. As nice as backward compatibility on the 720 or playing 360s and 720s on XBL Gold would be, the key to my future digital download game purchases is that I'd better not ever lose the ability to play my old digital download games as long as I keep my old consoles. If any company ever violates that rule (Microsoft or Sony in particular), my digital download days will be done forever.[/QUOTE]

Isn't there already some games/dlc that you can't redownload even if purchased? Maybe I am thinking of something else...

While Microsoft/Sony will look like the bad guy if they don't allow current XBLA/PSN games on the next gen consoles it may not be only their decision as publishers/developers will love to sell you the same game a 3rd or 4th time if they think you will buy it.

How many games from PS1/Gamecube/etc. are folks buying again on the current gen consoles? I know a lot of folks are buying them because they are digital, but it is the same thing as if they don't allow them to be played on the next gen consoles...

This week so far, just Guardian Heroes and Pinball FX2 Ms.Splosion Man table. Otherwise I got some Bing points and seeing if Akai Katana GoD off the Hungarian marketplace works or not in the US. I'll report my findings, though if it does then Dodonpachi I'll try next.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Am debating Joy Ride.

Its fun, I'm just not sure how often I'll end up going back to it.[/QUOTE]

I read a review that said you cant control the cars' speed! instant no buy for me

[quote name='bajingo']I read a review that said you cant control the cars' speed! instant no buy for me[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that review wasn't for Kinect Joy Ride? I'm pretty sure in Joy Ride Turbo you can control your own speed.

[quote name='HaloGX']Are you sure that review wasn't for Kinect Joy Ride? I'm pretty sure in Joy Ride Turbo you can control your own speed.[/QUOTE]

durp durp, thanks for correcting me, this might be a good purchase after all!

[quote name='bajingo']durp durp, thanks for correcting me, this might be a good purchase after all![/QUOTE]

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Just a recommendation for Joy Ride Turbo, if you had fun with Mario Kart this game might be interesting for you the Stuntparks are a nice addition in here too and for 400 MSP you can't go wrong with this fun racer =)

Only thing that was a little turn off, when you're too fast and crashing into walls (or out of bound) the car has some weird physic movement lol and this can cost you time every now and then[/QUOTE]

Just to say it again =P

In for Guardian Heroes. One of my favorite games on the Saturn, and I've been waiting for a price drop since it came out.

[quote name='foinecrewx']Can someone confirm if the Pinball FX Classic Tables can play 2 players local match ?? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that's a no. They don't have local leaderboards either.

[quote name='Decker']Here's a kick in the crotch to longtime Pinball FX players : If you bought the original Pinball FX, then you have all the Pinball Classic tables in your collection already -- they got ported over with HD graphics and the new leaderboards. However, they don't reflect in your purchase history as Pinball Classic table pack. So if you bought Pinball FX and still need one of the other tables on sale in the Chain Reaction, you'd first have to re-buy those same old tables again![/QUOTE]

That sucks. Cornelius, is there any way you can bring this to their attention? I could really go for that Ms. Splosion man table.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bought the Ms Sploison Man table and now I have the Avengers unlocked. 100 pts a table, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]

Do you really have to ask? I mean, come on.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I bought the Ms Sploison Man table and now I have the Avengers unlocked. 100 pts a table, is it worth it?[/QUOTE]
nah, you could probably get them for 80 points a pop in about a year next time they're on sale

[quote name='harry hood']nah, you could probably get them for 80 points a pop in about a year next time they're on sale[/QUOTE]

When has a Pinball FX bundle gone from 800 MS Points to 320 Points during a sale? You can't count on that at all.

[quote name='harry hood']but think of what you could do with all the msp you saved by waiting[/QUOTE]
If he waits an entire year just for the potential of them going on sale for 20 MSP cheaper, he'll have saved a whopping one dollar! Shopping spree time!

[quote name='wEEman33']If you don't buy Guardian Heroes for $5 you're a terrible human being.[/QUOTE]

I bought it but it's not as great as everyone hypes it up to be. Especially those people who said this is better than Dungeon Fighter... :roll:

*Puts on flame resistant armor*

At least it's an easy 185/200 (11/12).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back