XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something's wrong. I spent 1200 points for Bully Scholarship Edition. When I try to download it, it says it can't be downloaded. So now I'm out 1200 points and no game. What can I do about it?

[quote name='Firefox59']Bastion has been 600 points before right? I wanna bite but I want to save my points for the holiday sales coming up.[/QUOTE]
It was 600 points last holiday season. I'd highly recommend it at that price though.

[quote name='krushnine']I just logged into my Xbox, and I was able to get Wreckateer for free from the Xbox 10th Anniversary section in the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Showing up as free through xbox.com as well.

[quote name='krushnine']I just logged into my Xbox, and I was able to get Wreckateer for free from the Xbox 10th Anniversary section in the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Same here--wohoo, glad I didn't grab this for 400.

[quote name='Firefox59']Bastion has been 600 points before right? I wanna bite but I want to save my points for the holiday sales coming up.[/QUOTE]

If you're passing on one of the best XBLA games ever at 600, what are you saving your points for?

Because of Microsoft giving away yet ANOTHER free Kinect XBLA title, I am OFFICIALLY boycotting the purchase of ANY Kinect titles from that service. I've bought nearly every one just days or weeks before they give it out for free. I'm pretty pissed right now... Off to work!

It was, yes. It's worth 600msp for sure, but keep in mind it's extremely repetitive game with not much variety. It looks pretty damn good tho, and excellent narrator saves the game. ;)
Not even close to the best XBLA games IMO.

[quote name='sweatysides']Because of Microsoft giving away yet ANOTHER free Kinect XBLA title, I am OFFICIALLY boycotting the purchase of ANY Kinect titles from that service. I've bought nearly every one just days or weeks before they give it out for free. I'm pretty pissed right now... Off to work![/QUOTE]

No joke. It's like every other day, bam! A new free Kinect game.

Wait, that doesn't happen. How silly of me.

[quote name='matrix9280']Something's wrong. I spent 1200 points for Bully Scholarship Edition. When I try to download it, it says it can't be downloaded. So now I'm out 1200 points and no game. What can I do about it?[/QUOTE]

Contact xbox support.

[quote name='E.Nich']Hmmm, Wreckateer can be played with a pad, or is only kinect compatible?[/QUOTE]

It's Kinect-only, hence the Kinect banner on the cover art.

161667-231907-BoxArt0217121jpg-220x.jpg

I interviewed the devs of Wreckateer a while back, in case anyone is interested. They've also done SF 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins for Capcom. Iron Galaxy Studios interview

[quote name='eastx']It's Kinect only, hence the Kinect banner on the cover art.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, I noticed the Kinect part of the box art, but it also says Arcade. After all, I could play Dragon's Lair with my pad (and also states it's a Kinect game).

Anyways, for that price I will download it, obviously.

Looks like it's the same sale Japan got, which is kind of disappointing (though free games are always nice).

Check here or on the dashboard to download a gamer pic for a chance to win one of those Xbox Live 10th anniversary systems (you get 2 entries if you're a Xbox Rewards member).

Bought Catan finally; even though it cuts you off before you can win or lose a game I've never played a demo version of a game as much as I have Catan. Downloading the Carcassonne demo to try a 2nd time, not really sold on it yet, it seems a little confusing in the demo (mostly I was never sure where to put my little people tokens).

[quote name='Sath666']Hmm, looks like Kung Fu Strike is gone from xbox marketplace. Any info if this is delisted?[/QUOTE]

Come on now.... That game was on my wishlist... ffs
I really hate that kind of delists without any single warning or something...
At least there's a PC version as well but I prefer to play mostly @ the living room...
The sale is crap and now that... great just great... thanks a lot for such a wonderful anniversary M$...

/whine mode off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnpap']Come on now.... That game was on my wishlist... ffs
I really hate that kind of delists without any single warning or something...
At least there's a PC version as well but I prefer to play mostly @ the living room...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, friend of mine just told me. He wanted to buy this game today.

I was lucky to get cheap code for this, even bought the challenge mode dlc, which was around 240msp.

So I thought the sale was going to be for Geometry Wars Retro Evolved, but on the Dashboard it's for Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, which I already have. However the first one is showing up for 200, is it worth it if I already have the 2nd?

[quote name='Briar36']So I thought the sale was going to be for Geometry Wars Retro Evolved, but on the Dashboard it's for Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2, which I already have. However the first one is showing up for 200, is it worth it if I already have the 2nd?[/QUOTE]

Well the first one is definitely harder and some of the features you might know from the second part are not available but if you want more of the same go get it =O

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Well the first one is definitely harder and some of the features you might know from the second part are not available but if you want more of the same go get it =O[/QUOTE]

+ achievements in first game are more fun. :3

[quote name='Sath666']Hmm, looks like Kung Fu Strike is gone from xbox marketplace. Any info if this is delisted?[/QUOTE]

None... Game came out in September of this year.... Seems way too soon to have something delisted but I guess not.

It still has a entry on xbox.com (though its missing any possible downloads) unlike other delisted arcade games unlike Joust or smash TV so maybe it was done in error?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']
It still has a entry on xbox.com (though its missing any possible downloads) unlike other delisted arcade games unlike Joust or smash TV so maybe it was done in error?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes took a while before they remove the banners. SEGA Rally online arcade is gone for 1+ months, but you can still find the game page on xbox.com.

[quote name='cthomer5000']If you're passing on one of the best XBLA games ever at 600, what are you saving your points for?[/QUOTE]

For what its worth, I personally found Bastion to be repetetive and mediocre in contrast in spite of the majority seeming to eat it up. Even the narrator I found to be underwhelming. I picked it up last year for 600 and have only touched it once. Doesn't hurt to try the demo beforehand if you're considering it.

Just came on here to express my disappointment with the sale as well. The majority of people who have had an XBox for anywhere close to the 10 years XBox Live has been around will already have these games. Whether they got them on sale or not, these are some of the best (and oldest) games XBox Live Arcade has to offer. And yes, I am also angry that I paid for Wreckateer and then they give it out for free so soon after it coming out.

[quote name='sweatysides']Because of Microsoft giving away yet ANOTHER free Kinect XBLA title, I am OFFICIALLY boycotting the purchase of ANY Kinect titles from that service. I've bought nearly every one just days or weeks before they give it out for free. I'm pretty pissed right now... Off to work![/QUOTE]

LoL YOU'RE pissed? It's a celebration of the anniversary of the xbox service and they give away a title that is essentially useless for a lot of the actual gamer type people that supported their system at launch but never wanted their "flail yourself around in front of this camera thing" peripheral.

Hey people got something, good for them. No reason to get too upset.

That's a shame about Kung Fu Strike. I hate to see a game delisted. Especially when I don't have it yet. Oh well.

I fully enjoyed Bastion. I don't understand the "repetitive gameplay" arguments. You know you can change out your weapons right? I used a different combo on almost every level. Really a borderline great game. Beautiful, fun gameplay (through I guess not for a lot of people out there), cool level designs, love the narrator (wish he had more varied dailogue though), and a decent story. I'm thinking it may be time for my second playthrough.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']That's a shame about Kung Fu Strike. I hate to see a game delisted. Especially when I don't have it yet. Oh well.

[/QUOTE]

It would actually go against their own rules that they posted awhile back too. Those said the game had to be out for 6 months. I mean people have said that Arkadian Warriors would be delisted since like '08 and it's still there. Should be more to this story.

Sad though that a game would disappear as they have a sale on and they wouldn't try to sell some copies cheap first. Unless the game was broken but I never heard that was the case.

[quote name='biledriver']Those said the game had to be out for 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, what exactly do you mean when you say out for 6 months?
If I understand right that means to be available for 6 months and then kaput?
Or there's a strict restriction on release dates or something???

I had no idea that there was a rule like that...!!?!?!

It's been pulled from a while. I asked the publisher what happened and they haven't responded yet. But you guys actually wanted to buy Kung Fu Strike on purpose? That game is terrible IMO, and I had been looking forward to it before release.

My Kung Fu Strike review

[quote name='eastx'] But you guys actually wanted to buy Kung Fu Strike on purpose? That game is terrible IMO, and I had been looking forward to it before release.

My Kung Fu Strike review[/QUOTE]

Yep i liked the game, completed it fully (400/400G) and as i said before - completely disagree with your review. :p
I was posted the reasons why, before, so there is no point from long-ass comment all over again. :)

Yay! I haven't been on Cag for a bit as the site was moving at dial-up pace for the last few days. I finally get back on board today to find that Wreckateer is free, gotta' love free games! I may also finally pick up Bastion this week but we'll see.

Regarding Catan and Carcassone. I highly encourage the purchase of both for people that like strategy board games. Although different, they are both excellent. I found Catan to be the better choice for online multiplayer and Carcassone better for solo play.

[quote name='Sath666']Yep i liked the game, completed it fully (400/400G) and as i said before - completely disagree with your review. :p
I was posted the reasons why, before, so there is no point from long-ass comment all over again. :)[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, that was you. Damn outlier opinion. :p

I suggest we start a petition that Microsoft stop giving away any free games at all, because they are running the risk of giving away a game you already have. They have ticked you off for the last time.

Oh, and another petition we should start is one that prevents you from posting ever again.

[quote name='chuckie88']Yay! I haven't been on Cag for a bit as the site was moving at dial-up pace for the last few days. I finally get back on board today to find that Wreckateer is free, gotta' love free games! I may also finally pick up Bastion this week but we'll see.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I would tell you NOT to pick up "Bastion" this week is because it is an unbelievably beautiful game from a very small team of not-particularly-wealthy developers. My suggestion is to buy it now, and then give another $5 directly to Supergiant Games (so they don't have to split that cash with Microsoft). "Bastion" is about as good a game- not an XBLA game, any game- as you're likely to find. It's fun, it's well-designed, it's interesting, it's sad, it's exciting, and it's worth paying full-price for. Not that a million people or so haven't said the exact same thing, and not that you're going to trust some random stranger on CAG, but those are my two cents.

Nothing for me with this particular sale- I own everything I would've possibly wanted and don't care about the rest- but I like how MS is celebrating Live's anniversary.

are people really complaining about a free xbox game on cheap ass gamer? you bought it a week ago, big deal, you got burned. you paid for something you found value in. every game gets cheaper after you buy it so what.

i don't even have a kinect but i still give them a thumbs up for giving something away for free; at least some people will get to enjoy it. it's really no different than giving away a free game that you don't like; i got joe danger 2 for free from raptr, i played it once and thought it was just really lame and i've never restarted it again, but hey it was free so whatever. think about it, what game are they going to randomly give away for free, that you would like, and don't already have? chances are you pay for most of the games that you think you would enjoy, so it's actually more likely that a random freebie isn't going to appeal to most. i really like happy wars and i hope they shoot up more f2p games like that.

Bastion repetitive? Only if you think The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past or Secret of Mana was repetitive. Its easily (IMHO) the best SINGLE PLAYER XBLA experience you can get atm. I really dont think anything will top it. Bastion and its DLC is a must buy for nearly everyone at half price (dlc is only 80 MSP).

Im gonna ask again because i cant find any concrete info... is BD1943 still active? Over at the gamefaqs message board the newest post is like June of this year with no responses :p I have Halo 4 now (love it) and CS:GO love it too but havnt booted it up since last Tuesday. Should I pick up BF1943? Its one I have always wanted to own, but if its not active its kind of a pointless buy for me.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']Bastion repetitive? Only if you think The Legend of Zelda a Link to the Past or Secret of Mana was repetitive. Its easily (IMHO) the best SINGLE PLAYER XBLA experience you can get atm. I really dont think anything will top it. Bastion and its DLC is a must buy for nearly everyone at half price (dlc is only 80 MSP).

Im gonna ask again because i cant find any concrete info... is BD1943 still active? Over at the gamefaqs message board the newest post is like June of this year with no responses :p I have Halo 4 now (love it) and CS:GO love it too but havnt booted it up since last Tuesday. Should I pick up BF1943? Its one I have always wanted to own, but if its not active its kind of a pointless buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Bastion was the first game on 360 I bothered to get all the achievements for. I loved it. As for BD1943 the PS3 community is still very active so I'd say it's a good sign that the 360 one is as well. You can also just download the demo and see for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back