XBL DotW Sales 2013 | 1/1 EA SPORTS (Gold) | MORE! | Now-Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Juice el Savior'] is BD1943 still active? Over at the gamefaqs message board the newest post is like June of this year with no responses :p I have Halo 4 now (love it) and CS:GO love it too but havnt booted it up since last Tuesday. Should I pick up BF1943? Its one I have always wanted to own, but if its not active its kind of a pointless buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Finished the game just some months ago considering how long this game exists the online community is still strong with this one always had full games and no long wait to get in hum, I'd say it's safe to say, that it is one of those rare online arcade titles that don't die..

Okay, im downloading the demo now, didnt realize there was one (and me not using my head) i figured there wasnt one because its online only.

im assuming its an hours worth of gametime like CS:GO and MNC?

Bastion bro... Bastion! I really wish they would expand on The Kid and The Stranger... hell I just want more Bastion stuff

anyone got any opinions on Venetica?

[quote name='cthomer5000']If you're passing on one of the best XBLA games ever at 600, what are you saving your points for?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't pass on Bastion for 600msp. It's a very good XBLA game, not in my personal top 20 or anything, but still good.

[quote name='Sath666']Hmm, looks like Kung Fu Strike is gone from xbox marketplace. Any info if this is delisted?[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Game looked like garbage but delistings always suck.

[quote name='Blade3D']Bastion or PQ1 and Geometry Wars?[/QUOTE]

PQ1 then Bastion than Geometry Wars 2 (just pass on Geometry Wars 1 unless you LOVE GW2, which is better in pretty much every conceivable way).

[quote name='tylerh1701']Yeah, don't pass on Bastion for 600msp. It's a very good XBLA game, not in my personal top 20 or anything, but still good.

That sucks. Game looked like garbage but delistings always suck.

PQ1 then Bastion than Geometry Wars 2 (just pass on Geometry Wars 1 unless you LOVE GW2, which is better in pretty much every conceivable way).[/QUOTE]

Tyler... is that Coach McGurk (sp?)

I miss Home Movies!

[quote name='biledriver']LoL YOU'RE pissed? It's a celebration of the anniversary of the xbox service and they give away a title that is essentially useless for a lot of the actual gamer type people that supported their system at launch but never wanted their "flail yourself around in front of this camera thing" peripheral.

Hey people got something, good for them. No reason to get too upset.[/QUOTE]

I admit, i was a little "hot n' bothered" this morning, and when all is said and done, your right. Everybody gets to play it now (and i do enjoy it for the 400MSP i paid), and it IS a celebration after all. Im just going to save my points primarily for sales now.

Loved Bastion too, completed all the challenges (for the achievement you don't need to do them all) and the dreams.

Also, it has a very unique way of rising the difficulty (calling Gods in the temple), so you can sort of personalize your play.

I also think it's fuck that the we get one free game and it's a Kinect game. Seriously who bought the Kinect?? Who still buys Kinect games?? I thought for sure every kinect game would be free or in the bargain bin by now. I would have got a kinect if it was anything more then a Wii attachment. It's not and now there is a good chance we are going to have kinect sensor built into the next gen console, reason enough for me to not buy one.

Also these anniversary deals sucks, I already got most of them but why not 75% off??? These games are old and have all been 50% off before. I will grab Wreckateer for the off chance I get a Kinect in the future.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I also think it's fuck that the we get one free game and it's a Kinect game. Seriously who bought the Kinect?? Who still buys Kinect games?? I thought for sure every kinect game would be free or in the bargain bin by now. I would have got a kinect if it was anything more then a Wii attachment. It's not and now there is a good chance we are going to have kinect sensor built into the next gen console, reason enough for me to not buy one.

Also these anniversary deals sucks, I already got most of them but why not 75% off??? These games are old and have all been 50% off before. I will grab Wreckateer for the off chance I get a Kinect in the future.[/QUOTE]

I think you are smart enough to know that promos like this are used to entice people to buy Kinect. Hell I will once I find it in the $20 range.I do wish they used this 10th anniversary to give price drops and discounts to games that have been on here since the inception of XBLA and have seen no drops whatsoever.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']I also think it's fuck that the we get one free game and it's a Kinect game. Seriously who bought the Kinect?? Who still buys Kinect games?? I thought for sure every kinect game would be free or in the bargain bin by now. I would have got a kinect if it was anything more then a Wii attachment. It's not and now there is a good chance we are going to have kinect sensor built into the next gen console, reason enough for me to not buy one.

Also these anniversary deals sucks, I already got most of them but why not 75% off??? These games are old and have all been 50% off before. I will grab Wreckateer for the off chance I get a Kinect in the future.[/QUOTE]

Damn you Microsoft, we deserve all of those games to be free. It isn't fair you mean greedy company...................... :roll:

My family really enjoys the kinect and have a few games we enjoy playing together. While it isn't for everyone, the lazy types, it has sold well and the games are making better use of it. I love the integration of voice commands...

I already own every game I want on the list, but I do applaud Microsoft for giving us something.

[quote name='wirechild']Damn you Microsoft, we deserve all of those games to be free. It isn't fair you mean greedy company...................... :roll:

My family really enjoys the kinect and have a few games we enjoy playing together. While it isn't for everyone, the lazy types, it has sold well and the games are making better use of it. I love the integration of voice commands...

I already own every game I want on the list, but I do applaud Microsoft for giving us something.[/QUOTE]

IMO a free piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

I'm not saying people can't enjoy the Kinect, my view on it has always been if I wanted to buy a Wii, I would buy a Wii. Which at this point is a waaaay better deal then a Kinect and the sensor works much better. I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).

The 10th anniversary celebration is a bit disappointing. The free game was deliberately made a Kinect game when not everybody has it, so that's more like Kinect marketing to celebrate Xbox Live and all of the people that made it a success over the years. The deals are good for what they are, but they're old/good enough that I have all of the non-Kinect games while Full House Poker's demo gave me more than enough content to satiate my desire for a poker game.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun'] I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).[/QUOTE]

If you are referring to the cost of Gold, I have never paid $50+ a year. I think $40 is the most I have paid and it came with free MSP...

I would simply say that you are better off to stop paying them and move on rather then get upset/angry and venting on a random forum that they will never read.

I choose to support them as I enjoy their service and feel I get more than my moneys worth.

Life is too short, you need to enjoy it while you are here!

We'll, I bought Dance Central 3 (after having DC1 and DC2) so I guess I'm one person still buying Kinect games. :) Grabbed my free copy of Wreckateer earlier. I actually had a lot of problems with the demo of this game which is why I never bought it, and I'm anxious to see if that has cleared up. I mean it was not working right at all, unlike Dance Central and other games. Hopefully that was just a fluke and I won't see the problems now.

there is a 10th anniversary for xbox live and they are giving away an xbox. Ok sounds good except that it is only for America. rest of world misses out again.

Bastion is massively overrated - the narrator shtick is old after 30 minutes and there was almost no reason for me to deviate from the mallet/musket combo even with the difficulty cranked - but I'd say it's probably the best deal you're going to find in the 10th anniversary sale, perhaps second to Castle Crashers. And both games sure are purdy.

It sucks that I have everything on sale, but hey, free Wreckateer! That makes up for the Haunt burn earlier this year.

Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.

I'm interested in playing some matches of Catan with some other CAGs. Only thing in the 10th anniversary sale I am tempted by that I don't already have is Battlefield 1943 but with Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, do I really need another shooter?

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']IMO a free piece of crap is still a piece of crap.

I'm not saying people can't enjoy the Kinect, my view on it has always been if I wanted to buy a Wii, I would buy a Wii. Which at this point is a waaaay better deal then a Kinect and the sensor works much better. I dunno about you but I've been giving M$ $50+ a year (for years) and all I get in return is some shitty Doritos games (which I would get free either way).[/QUOTE]

I guess it's much easier to label something you don't "think" you'll like as crap, just to make yourself feel better about not owning it. I don't know if you've actually used Kinect before. It's nothing like the Wii mote. Although the library of stellar Kinect titles is somewhat lacking, there are several good titles out there.....including Wreckateer.

[quote name='LordVila']I'm interested in playing some matches of Catan with some other CAGs. Only thing in the 10th anniversary sale I am tempted by that I don't already have is Battlefield 1943 but with Battlefield 3, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2, do I really need another shooter?[/QUOTE]

No, unless you're really itching to play another shooter. BTW It's a easy 200/200 for us achievement whores.

I agree with the Bastion is repetitive camp. It's a cute game but one that wore out its welcome very quickly.

[quote name='eastx']Oh yeah, that was you. Damn outlier opinion. :p[/QUOTE]
Hey, I liked Kung Fu Strike too. Bite me. :p

[quote name='ooga']I guess it's much easier to label something you don't "think" you'll like as crap, just to make yourself feel better about not owning it. I don't know if you've actually used Kinect before. It's nothing like the Wii mote. Although the library of stellar Kinect titles is somewhat lacking, there are several good titles out there.....including Wreckateer.[/QUOTE]

I don't always agree with you, but when I do, it's because you're Winning.

I really cant believe of all of this butthurt over these deals and wreckateer being free... im usually the one complaining once a week about the crappy deals too.

Im not gonna stick up for Bastion anymore, like i said before, its about as repetitive as a Legend of Zelda title is and I dont think thats opinion really...

Played BF1943 a bit, then it came to me... why? I am struggling to find time to play some matches of CS:GO as it is while Halo 4 rules my 360 right now. The multiplayer is everything I personally want for online play. The community isnt bad... yet. I dont know. Ill pick up BF1943 if some of my friends do, but i have ran it by 3 of my buddies locally that play on the reg with me in CS and H4 and none of them are really too interested :p

If you dont have Castle Crashers yet get it, but that can be said about all of the games on the list really. Im in for PQ1 this week, nothing on the Anny Sale, and no that doesnt bother me. Its not even something they HAD to do. They dont have to do the DotW really, but i would certainly hope that we would get a cpl weeks notice before that gets canned... (Knock on wood, i honestly am predicting all sales to be done through the S&S app within the next 6 months.)

I guess im done rambling, im gonna go play some Halo 4 now and set up Wreckateer to download so i can have access to it if i ever decide to get a kinect. Sweet deal if you ask me.

One hypothetical i guess... Your a 360 owner, and you dont have a PS3, but when you pick up a reserved game for your 360 gamestop gives you a free PS3 as part of a promotion. Are you really going to be mad? Wouldnt you hold onto it, add it to your backlog, and play it when the PS3 drops in price? I mean... we are all CAGs here right? Or am I missing something?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Bastion is massively overrated - the narrator shtick is old after 30 minutes and there was almost no reason for me to deviate from the mallet/musket combo even with the difficulty cranked.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

If you hadn't selectively quoted my post, you would see that I still think it's a worthwhile purchase, at least on sale at 600 points. I just don't think it's the end-all be-all game that so many seem to think it is. The hype seems to blow it up to a 9.5 game but it plays to me like an 8.0 title. But unlike some poo nuggets swirling around the gaming community, I think 8.0 is a great score.

[quote name='Juice el Savior']One hypothetical i guess... Your a 360 owner, and you dont have a PS3, but when you pick up a reserved game for your 360 gamestop gives you a free PS3 game as part of a promotion. Are you really going to be mad? Wouldnt you hold onto it, add it to your backlog, and play it when the PS3 drops in price? I mean... we are all CAGs here right? Or am I missing something?[/quote]

I filled in a word I'm pretty sure you missed :p I'd say the majority of us would be able to appreciate an offer like that. Much of the annoyance surrounding Wreckateer being free probably stems from the fact that it was discounted as recently as within the last month, so many of the people here that jumped then are feeling the burn, with Microsoft unlikely to soothe it. Those complaining about it being a Kinect game, or a low-quality game, or whatever else... I don't really have anything to say other than throwing "free is free" in their faces.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Wow. I couldn't disagree more. Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. I loved every moment of that game. And I listen to the soundtrack in my car all the time. I guess it's just not for everyone.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']Bastion is fantastic in every aspect; gameplay, story, visuals, and OMG that soundtrack. It's worth every penny.[/QUOTE]
+1 :lol:

Just got an email from xbox rewards about the 10 years. It thanked me and said I am among the most loyal members and they would be nowhere without my help, and they did not get me give me anything.
I hear people getting emails from them and getting stuff, but i get an email like that and i get nothing.

[quote name='ianoid']Love me some Carcassone and Catan. Catan makes me sad since there are hardly any players online and they tend to drop out when they are losing.[/QUOTE]

No penalty for dropping out?

I might have to go with carcassone then

[quote name='xbox_man']Just got an email from xbox rewards about the 10 years. It thanked me and said I am among the most loyal members and they would be nowhere without my help, and they did not get me give me anything.
I hear people getting emails from them and getting stuff, but i get an email like that and i get nothing.[/QUOTE]

The people who have received stuff got the same email not specifically saying they were gonna get anything. So you still got a chance at something. How about a 10-year Anniversary faceplate?

[quote name='RollingSkull']I do NOT understand this Bastion love affair and never will.[/QUOTE]

Hear Hear! I tried to like Bastion... meh.

Wreckateer for free? Sure, give me incentive to dust off the Kinect and get off the couch.

[quote name='gordojones88']The people who have received stuff got the same email not specifically saying they were gonna get anything. So you still got a chance at something. How about a 10-year Anniversary faceplate?[/QUOTE]

ok then.
i was not complaining , just thought it was weird getting this email praising me and all that and that was it.

[quote name='MRGx']is the Sales app not loading for anyone else? it says something about files missing and I redownloaded it and no go, hm..[/QUOTE]

me too all day

[quote name='kicking222']The only reason I would tell you NOT to pick up "Bastion" this week is because it is an unbelievably beautiful game from a very small team of not-particularly-wealthy developers. My suggestion is to buy it now, and then give another $5 directly to Supergiant Games (so they don't have to split that cash with Microsoft). "Bastion" is about as good a game- not an XBLA game, any game- as you're likely to find. It's fun, it's well-designed, it's interesting, it's sad, it's exciting, and it's worth paying full-price for. Not that a million people or so haven't said the exact same thing, and not that you're going to trust some random stranger on CAG, but those are my two cents.[/QUOTE]
I appreciated your two cents, thanks for the input. I pulled the trigger on the game soon after originally posting. Hopefully others did too so the developers see at least a bit of scratch from the sale. I am really looking forward to playing it.:)

[quote name='xbox_man']Just got an email from xbox rewards about the 10 years. It thanked me and said I am among the most loyal members and they would be nowhere without my help, and they did not get me give me anything.
I hear people getting emails from them and getting stuff, but i get an email like that and i get nothing.[/QUOTE]

you even call yourself "xbox man"

you deserve better

[quote name='MRGx']is the Sales app not loading for anyone else? it says something about files missing and I redownloaded it and no go, hm..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Juice el Savior']me too all day[/QUOTE]

Glad I'm not the only one.

i also recieved a email thanking me blah blah blah but no gift.. fuck yall microsoft glad im switching to ps3

[quote name='RollingSkull']I do NOT understand this Bastion love affair and never will.[/QUOTE]

Well, I sure as hell did NOT understand all the fapping to Guardian Heroes on here.

Played the demo on release and didn't enjoy it and then deleted it, downloaded and then played it AGAIN when it went on sale because of all of the hype in here thinking just maybe I missed something, nope, and deleted it again. Since it was almost unanimously loved in here I expect to receive flak for that and I don't care. I don't see what was so special about it.

I bought Bastion the first time it went on sale and it was the only time I ever I actually felt bad about not giving the developer the full price because the games quality deserves it. It's worth 600 JUST for its god-tier soundtrack.

Opinions.

P.S. In for the Wreckateer for free because why not?

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Well, I sure as hell did NOT understand all the fapping to Guardian Heroes on here.

Played the demo on release and didn't enjoy it and then deleted it, downloaded and then played it AGAIN when it went on sale because of all of the hype in here thinking just maybe I missed something, nope, and deleted it again. Since it was almost unanimously loved in here I expect to receive flak for that and I don't care. I don't see what was so special about it.

I bought Bastion the first time it went on sale and it was the only time I ever I actually felt bad about not giving the developer the full price because the games quality deserves it. It's worth 600 JUST for its god-tier soundtrack.

Opinions.

P.S. In for the Wreckateer for free because why not?[/QUOTE]

Hey, I really like Guardian Heroes and I'd be the first to tell you that it's weird as hell and if it doesn't click with you in the first couple of levels it never will.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Oh Puzzle Quest. I turn you on and suddenly 3 hours have magically disappeared.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I'm experiencing the exact same thing with Puzzle Quest.

I did notice one of the achievements requires you to win a match online.... and online is completely dead. Anyone want to help me out? Obviously, I will return the favor so you can get the achievement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back