XBL prices

UCLAevo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
do the prices or the cost of DLC ever change? for example, are there ever 'sales' or 'promo' or other temporary MS point decreases?

Some Rock Band songs launched at $.99 and have gone up to $2.

There has been one $.99 sale on certain Rock Band songs.

[quote name='Rocko']Some Rock Band songs launched at $.99 and have gone up to $2.

There has been one $.99 sale on certain Rock Band songs.[/quote]

hmmm. did they specifically state that it was a launch sale, or just jack up the price afterwards? for example, the mtv pack is 80 points per song right now, IIRC. is there any reason why they might go up to the normal 160? i don't really like those songs, but may get them for 80 if 160 is expected later.

[quote name='UCLAevo']hmmm. did they specifically state that it was a launch sale, or just jack up the price afterwards? for example, the mtv pack is 80 points per song right now, IIRC. is there any reason why they might go up to the normal 160? i don't really like those songs, but may get them for 80 if 160 is expected later.[/quote]
From experience, usually songs that are 80 points get jacked to 160 after a week or two. So if want to get them, now maybe the best time...

Occasionally there are promos. It's rare. Like with Rock Band where certain periods you got song packs at a discount for a short time. I know there were a few XBLA games that had timed discount periods. Some were even free (Texas Hold'Em was free for the first 48 hours, the last XBL anniversary offered Carcasonne free for a day or two).

They also put the Lumines packs on sale last February after the big pricing debacle.

Indeed, sales are rare though.

thanks to the guys that answered about the price of the cards, but i'm moreso looking at the price of points of a game or song packs etc. basically, i just want to know if i should rush to get things when they're cheaper than expected, or if i can wait because the price isn't expected to change.

They dropped the price of a few games including Doom down to 400 which caused me to bite. I also remember the Battlestar Galactica game dropped from 800 to 400 for the weekend after the season premiere. Basically you should pay what you feel it's worth to you. Doom wasn't worth 800 to me since I've played it 1000 times before, but 400 was a good deal. I didn't really like Battlestar Galactica though, so 400 points was still not enough to make me get that. Game content for games sometimes drops down to nothing after a while. Gears of War had some DLC that did that.

some songs were released at 80 pts for Rock Band. they were around xmas or new year's:

Attack - 30 Seconds to Mars
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
Move Along - All American Rejects
Dirty Little Secret - All American Rejects
Song With a Mission - The Sounds

the prices jumped to 160 sometime in February. but songs also go sale. a few weeks ago some select songs were slashed from 160 to 80 pts for just one week.

[quote name='typeRJ']
the prices jumped to 160 sometime in February. but songs also go sale. a few weeks ago some select songs were slashed from 160 to 80 pts for just one week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah McDonalds sponsored the sale. It was 2 songs a week at .99 for 3-4 weeks.

I'm all for sponsors if it saves the consumer money. Put ads on the marketplace, it doesn't bother me. I'll even watch commercials if they want to give me something for it.

the issue isn't really lack of points - it's whether i should drop some points on cheap stuff that i don't really want, but feel that it's almost too cheap to resist (i.e. 80 point songs)

It's funny that any game or content found in retail stores will deteriorate over time with its pricing but dlc or live arcade games will not, some exceptions. It's crap and a rip off.

bread's done
Back