XBL Renewal Email Confusion Question

Ultimate Matt X

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was recently automatically billed for XBL when I didn't expect it. I had some 12 month codes to use and may have just goofed, but after reading emails I received I see where some of the confusion may be and I'm hoping some of you may be able to help clear it up.

When you renew your XBL subscription does the email say that the renewal is through the date when it should expire or renews on the date it should expire? I know it seems like there shouldn't be confusion, but after using a 12 month code to make sure I didn't get automatically billed again I got two emails that read like the following:

1.) Your XBL subscription has been renewed and will expire on December 1, 2011

2.) Your XBL subscription has been renewed and this goes into effect December 1, 2011

I got these two emails at the same time yet they say two different things. One reads like I'm renewed through 2011 and the other reads like it starts on 2011 and goes through 2012. Has anyone had this issue? Or heard of anyone getting billed for XBL through automatic renewal even when they used a renewal code from a card well in advance?

I'm thinking I just missed a renewal and with the auto renewal that just took/ my point card I'm just renewed through 2011, but the emails don't make it entirely clear. Also, I'm thinking based on the emails that maybe one email is confirming the code being used and the other may be confirming the next time I will be automatically billed. Any info on this is appreciated. I emailed Microsoft and they were clueless.

bread's done
Back