XBL Video Marketplace coming in days!

no need to buy an Elite if you already got a Xbox 360. Just get the 120GB HDD.
So, how big are the movies? It doesn't vost much to download, but I can only use 60GB bandwith/month on Telus/Shaw. Been using a lot of bandwith every since I was introduced to dvdrips few years ago :D

Bought my 360 in the US and started using it there, so it doesn't apply to me, but either way, cool.

And hey, Princess Zelda, the losing streak is over! WOOOOO!

(compared to US content)

Not only do with have to pay more for MS Points, but now we'll be paying more for Movies and other video content... this is rediculous

Good job MS, double inflated prices...bravo :applause:

[quote name='GuardianFlash']no need to buy an Elite if you already got a Xbox 360. Just get the 120GB HDD.
So, how big are the movies? It doesn't vost much to download, but I can only use 60GB bandwith/month on Telus/Shaw. Been using a lot of bandwith every since I was introduced to dvdrips few years ago :D[/quote]

Telus will keep sending you warnings, but won't do anything about it. Shaw will cut you off way after you pass the limit.

[quote name='GuardianFlash']no need to buy an Elite if you already got a Xbox 360. Just get the 120GB HDD.
So, how big are the movies? It doesn't vost much to download, but I can only use 60GB bandwith/month on Telus/Shaw. Been using a lot of bandwith every since I was introduced to dvdrips few years ago :D[/quote]

$500 for a console or $220 for the drive?

I was planning to get a second 360. My kids love Viva Pinata but I want to have my own console and screen so I can play my games when I have the time.

[quote name='Firestorm']Telus will keep sending you warnings, but won't do anything about it. Shaw will cut you off way after you pass the limit.[/QUOTE]
I've got a 10GB limit with Shaw (high speed lite) but I use 50-60GB a month (not including any data downloaded by the 360) without issue. I've never been cut off for bandwidth usage and I've never had any overage charges, so whatever.

But yeah, the video marketplace is going to suck hard, at least at launch. $10 for a new release in HD that will take me a day to download? No thanks.

pay 10 bucks more with Shaw, you get faster speeds and I've done well over 300gbs some months with no complaints. THe problem is that those downloads pretty much negate the need to DL movies from the vid marketplace, although it's damn cool and actually fairly inexpensive. 300 points? Not bad at all!

as for the size, it'll probably be about 700mb for SD, and 1 or 2gb for HD

[quote name='andsoitgoes']pay 10 bucks more with Shaw, you get faster speeds and I've done well over 300gbs some months with no complaints. THe problem is that those downloads pretty much negate the need to DL movies from the vid marketplace, although it's damn cool and actually fairly inexpensive. 300 points? Not bad at all![/quote]
I got both Shaw High Speed and Telus Enhanced. The Reason I signed up for Telus cause I was getting crazy high ping, can't even play games on Xbox Live without lag. With Telus, I get lag free. On the Shaw one I'm supposed to be getting download speed around 4mbps - 5mbps and I get less than half of that. I thought of upgrading to Shaw Xtreme-I a month before I got Telus, but I'll probably get 4mbps from that instead of 9 - 10mbps -__-

I wish Sony would hurry their ass up on this. Even if they only have Sony titles available at first, that would still be quite a stable of movies. Sony should have less of a problem rolling out, as they already have the license to all their own movies. My guess is the licensing is what is holding up the MS service.

~S

bread's done
Back