XBLA - Alien Breed Evolution

Tybee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Anyone taken this for a spin yet? I played some of the demo last night and it seems like a solid title. Would be especially fun co-op. Achievements look mostly reasonable.

If it ever drops to 400 spacebucks, I'll get in there because it reminds me of Loaded on the PS1 and it was fun. Definitely more fun than the original Amiga version; I smashed a joystick playing that POS. Looked gorgeous, but limited keys and ammo and GODDAMN SWARMS of aliens do not an enjoyable Gauntlet-alike make.

tried the demo, thought it would play more like Smash TV but I agree with the isometric camera angle doesn't agree with me all the time even if you can change the angle at times...but my main beef is, unlike Smash TV the strafe thumbstick doesn't fire it only points to where you want to fire, having to hold down the RT button gets uncomfortable after awhile.

Perhaps when chapter 2 comes out with potentially added/improved game features I might give it another go, but the holiday deals of the day, arcade afternoon, and weekly deals kinda makes you not buy an XBLA game when it comes out for fear you could save up to 1/2 off a few months down the road.

bread's done
Back