XBLA - Arkadian Warriors - 800pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
globaldetailssinglekeyajp0.png

Features

Define your legacy. Awaken your inner beast. Fight as one of the three powerful warriors of Artemis as you confront Gorgon herself in Arkadian Warriors. Embark on a trek of epic proportions, traverse treacherous dungeons, fight off hordes of hideous enemies, and take on heinously powerful bosses. You must save the goddess Artemis and return the mythical land of Arkadia to the people. Warriors … unite and defend!
  • Three mighty warriors: Choose to play as a Soldier, Archer, or Sorceress To save the land of Arkadia.
  • Unique abilities: Each warrior has unique fighting and shape-shifting abilities. Turn into a Phoenix, Lion, or Dragon to increase your power and crush your foes.
  • Character development: Build up your warrior's skills and inventory along the way with more powerful magic, deadlier weapons, and stronger defensive units.
  • Unique dungeon generator: Never battle enemies in the same dungeon twice.
  • Intense multiplayer co-op action: Play side-by-side with a friend, or take the battle online and conquer Gorgon in co-op multiplayer.

Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=562 (Thanks Ryukahn!)

From a previous Sierra XBLA Thread:
Arkadian Warriors:

Sierra describes Warriors as a light hack-and-slash RPG. It can be played solo, but developer Wanako, maker of the most excellent Assault Heroes, really intended it to be played with a friend in co-op. You and your pal can delve into Warriors' dungeons either locally or online.

All adventures begin in a hub village surrounding a fountain. There are little shops in the area where you can spend all the cash you picked up in the caverns on better weapons and armor. But that's about the extent of the attractions in this town. Don't expect to be having long conversations with the locals or doing much exploring. At the fountain you can accept quests from a mystical floating lady and replay old adventures (dungeons are randomly generated for replay value).
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/826/826258p1.html

This is the one that looks similar to Diablo. I really hope this one turns out good :pray:

[quote name='danked']looks cool, but XBLA games always seem to disappoint[/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself. I haven't been disappointed in a single XBLA purchase. Maybe I'm just more selective.

This actually looks pretty cool. I haven't been excited for an arcarde game since Puzzle Quest, will have to give the demo a try.

This looks really good I think ill buy it i been saving points for ikuraga but i might get this and omega 5 crosses fingers

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']I like me some dungeon crawling but I don't like randomly generated dungeons...I'll still check out the demo though.[/quote]

randomly generated monsters are ok with me not dugneons

[quote name='flashburn']Yeah, those crappy Diablo games had randomly created dungeons too, how lame! :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he has an opinion differing from yours, how lame! :roll:

I don't think anyone can complain about a $10 XBLA Hack and Slash RPG that looks really pretty...but I guess I have been fooled before. I will be buying it day one though..my kind of game...and guys, try to have your girls play this if they aren't into games...Baulders Gate was the only game my wife liked because she like working together and busting open boxes to find stuff!

Just saw a video clip on ign. Game looks promising especially for just 800. i've got over 3k of points to burn and there hasn't been any good releases. Hope it turns out as good as it looks

Found 2 trailers on youtube:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fISLrsvEFn8[/media]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMI_Pw0lE4I[/MEDIA]
I'm pretty much sold on it, pending the demo ofcourse.

About damn time we got a nice hack & slash. Hope this one does not disappoint. 800 points is a little steep, but maybe it'll be worth it.

[quote name='flashburn']Yeah, those crappy Diablo games had randomly created dungeons too, how lame! :roll:[/QUOTE]

HURRRRR

Diablo was trash.

Mostly because of the randomly generated dungeons.

Any game with dungeons that actually have some thought put in to them are much better than those with randomly generated dungeons. Puzzles, enemy and item positions, these are things that require some thought put in to them.

Just look at Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance compared to Champions of Norrath. Norrath's randomly generated dungeons were generic trash just like the ones in Diablo. Dark Alliance was a much better game because it had pre-determined dungeon layouts.

[quote name='shieryda']So? The game comes out tomorrow.
[/QUOTE]

Why would the demo be up before the actual game? There's never been an arcade demo that went live before the actual game went live.

Demos should be used to get people excited for a game's release. It doesn't make sense to have the game release, and then have a demo release.

Has Microsoft always done it this way?

[quote name='shieryda']
Has Microsoft always done it this way?[/QUOTE]

With arcade games? Yes. They're technically not "demos" but rather "trials" since they are the full game with features locked up.

[quote name='terribledeli']With arcade games? Yes. They're technically not "demos" but rather "trials" since they are the full game with features locked up.[/quote]

I see. Didn't mean to give you a hard time.:D

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this looks good if online co-op is there... it's like a guantlet with more to it.[/quote]

If you are asking if it has online co-op, it does. 2 player online co-op over Xbox LIVE.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']this looks good if online co-op is there... it's like a guantlet with more to it.[/quote]

There is online co-op:
Intense multiplayer co-op action: Play side-by-side with a friend, or take the battle online and conquer Gorgon in co-op multiplayer.

TXB praises it for being a good-jump start to this type of genre, and IGN slams it for being too simplistic. Eye of the Beholder type stuff right there.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']TXB praises it for being a good-jump start to this type of genre, and IGN slams it for being too simplistic. Eye of the Beholder type stuff right there.[/QUOTE]
They slam it for being too boring, generic and repetitious. That's different than just being simplistic -- Tetris, Pac-Man and Geometry Wars are simplistic but hardly boring.

bread's done
Back