XBLA - Arkadian Warriors - 800pts

[quote name='ZForce']Just played the demo. It was OK, but it was no Champions of Norrath :)[/quote]

Haven't played the demo yet, but we'd be lucky to be blessed with a game of that caliber again anytime soon.:cry:

Man, what a roller coaster. I start reading this thread having never heard of this game. As I read more, I get more and more excited. I get to page 3 (for me) and start reading people's impressions and then my expectations take another hit.

Oh well, off to download the demo at least.

[quote name='Halo05']Man, what a roller coaster. I start reading this thread having never heard of this game. As I read more, I get more and more excited. I get to page 3 (for me) and start reading people's impressions and then my expectations take another hit.

Oh well, off to download the demo at least.[/quote]

I know. I'm getting a little nervous to play this. I've been pretty hyped for this game, so I will be crushed if it is crap.

I picked it up. The demo was fun enough, just seemed kinda easy, I'm hoping that as I level up and get more stuff, it will get more challenging.

[quote name='shieryda']I know. I'm getting a little nervous to play this. I've been pretty hyped for this game, so I will be crushed if it is crap.[/quote]
I think part of the reason I wasn't thrilled with it was because I was expecting too much. I've been wanting a good Hack n Slash game for quite awhile, so I had high hopes. I'll probably give it a try again later or in a few days when I can better decide without the high hopes involved. ;)

Is there something I have to do to make sure this doesn't show up in my "played games" list? I'm worried about playing the demo.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Is there something I have to do to make sure this doesn't show up in my "played games" list? I'm worried about playing the demo.[/quote]

Why the concern?

[quote name='PyroGamer']Is there something I have to do to make sure this doesn't show up in my "played games" list? I'm worried about playing the demo.[/quote]

Don't think so. I didn't change any settings and it didn't show up in my played games history.

While not nearly as good as I was hoping, I found it enjoyable enough to plop down $10 for it. It gets more fun as you get higher up in levels with better spells and such, but like most dungeon crawlers it does get repetitive. I could see it being a good 5-10 minute "here and there" game, though, which is why I grabbed it :)

My main annoyance is that I can't seem to reverse the camera controls.

[quote name='Suraph']My main annoyance is that I can't seem to reverse the camera controls.[/QUOTE]

That's my biggest complaint about the demo. I'll probably pass on it for that as much as anything, I really can never get comfortable when they do it that way.

The game does get a bonus for the art style. I liked whipping around that oversize sword at people.

I'm real nervous about purchasing the full version of this game, and then attempt online co-op. The co-op in Assault Heroes was fucking broken, and I'm not sure they ever patched it.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm real nervous about purchasing the full version of this game, and then attempt online co-op. The co-op in Assault Heroes was fucking broken, and I'm not sure they ever patched it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, they never did.

I downloaded the Demo-- and I'd have to say that unfortunately IGNs review is right on the money. Its boring....... I'll have to save the points for something else.

I love the game so far minus the camera. I need to invert stuff some and I can't. >_> I hope they release expansions.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm real nervous about purchasing the full version of this game, and then attempt online co-op. The co-op in Assault Heroes was fucking broken, and I'm not sure they ever patched it.[/QUOTE]

What was broken with co-op in Assault Heroes? Seemed to work fine for me.

Camera control is backwards, but I suppose I could adapt to it with enough play. The trial is decent, but the attack speed of your character (warrior only in the trial) seems real slow.

Wish they would have mapped the potions to the shoulder buttons, instead of the D-pad, and used that for the abilities/spells.

I'll wait for more impressions from people who buy the full version.

What was broken with co-op in Assault Heroes? Seemed to work fine for me.

Not being able to play co-op over Live. You'd connect to a game with a buddy, and the screen would just say "waiting". Never was able to play over Live, only local.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy'] I'll have to save the points for something else.[/quote]

Can I recommend Undertow? The game's got great multiplayer that's finally picking up steam.

no you can't co-op the trial version it shows you the teaser trailer if you try it (did it last night). Does anyone know if this is just 2 player co-op or can there be 3 or more?

[quote name='PhoenixT']no you can't co-op the trial version it shows you the teaser trailer if you try it (did it last night). Does anyone know if this is just 2 player co-op or can there be 3 or more?[/quote]

Just 2 player. Kind of silly since there are 3 characters.

yeah I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video of co-op and only saw two chars on the screen. I was hoping it was just off an early build and it had at least 3 player co op but oh well :(.

[quote name='kevlar51']Can I recommend Undertow? The game's got great multiplayer that's finally picking up steam.[/QUOTE]

QFT.

It amazes me that a game reviewed so shitty has only been out a day and it already has more posts than a much better reviewed recent XBLA release that nobody seemed to want, get, or try.

Undertow has co-op, online multiplayer, and is actually a good game. Yet everyone has a big hard on for a shitty hack and slash.

The CAG community has never been known for consistency I guess. Try to squeeze fun out of a shitty game, versus give a highly reviewed good one a solid chance.

[quote name='thrustbucket']QFT.

It amazes me that a game reviewed so shitty has only been out a day and it already has more posts than a much better reviewed recent XBLA release that nobody seemed to want, get, or try.

Undertow has co-op, online multiplayer, and is actually a good game. Yet everyone has a big hard on for a shitty hack and slash.

The CAG community has never been known for consistency I guess. Try to squeeze fun out of a shitty game, versus give a highly reviewed good one a solid chance.[/quote]
Uh, how many hack n slash games does Xbox 360 have compared to how many shooting games there are? Yeah, I thought so.

I've got the full version, and have done 3 levels online Co-Op. was light, fun amusement.

I mean seriously, how much kick-assery does one expect from a game where you button mash?

There's no strategy required, just running through dungeons pewpewpew!

Diablo with bigger heads.

There are spells/abilities to use which are cool on higher levels. And theres like 200 items...armor, weapons which can drop so you can gear up.

If I'm on and someone wants to play, look me up.

[quote name='opterasis']Yeah, what a bunch of noobs on CAG, wanting something new instead of ANOTHER shooting game.[/QUOTE]

You don't shoot spells in a hack and slash?

I'm not sure how many shooting games on XBLA have co-op, area control, versus, leveling up, and 3 classes to choose from. Or even some of those things. The only thing it has in common with other shooters is dual-stick controls. That's about it.

Undertow is about as common of a shooter as Gears of War is.

I think I'm understanding now though. All the bitching around here about never having good releases on XBLA is actually not accurate. The bitching is meant to be about what many of you would perceive as different releases on XBLA, and you hope they are good when there are.

[quote name='thrustbucket']You don't shoot spells in a hack and slash?

I'm not sure how many shooting games on XBLA have co-op, area control, versus, leveling up, and 3 classes to choose from. Or even some of those things. The only thing it has in common with other shooters is dual-stick controls. That's about it.

Undertow is about as common of a shooter as Gears of War is.

I think I'm understanding now though. All the bitching around here about never having good releases on XBLA is actually not accurate. The bitching is meant to be about what many of you would perceive as different releases on XBLA, and you hope they are good when there are.[/quote]
Why in the world would you limit it to XBLA games only? In the past 4 months or so, there has been 4 Amazing shooters released in Bioshock, Halo 3, Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4. If you are interested in shooting games, you have a lot of fantastic options to choose from. Had Undertow been released in like May of this year, there would have been a much larger interest in it since I don't recall any major shooting games out at the time, and Bioshock was still several months away.

Hack n Slash games, on the other hand, are basically non-existant on Xbox 360. So we get one that hits XBLA and anybody that is even remotely interested in this game type is going to look into it as a result. Seriously, you are making way too big a deal out of this.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Why in the world would you limit it to XBLA games only? In the past 4 months or so, there has been 4 Amazing shooters released in Bioshock, Halo 3, Orange Box, and Call of Duty 4. [/QUOTE]

I realize this, and that's a good point. But my remarks are talking only about XBLA games. Simply because I have been on CAG long enough to see countless threads about "no good games on XBLA". Which isn't really that true, because even if good games come to XBLA, those people bitch they aren't original enough.

I completely separate XBLA games from retail games. It's an entirely different platform with an entirely different purpose. XBLA games must adhere to being very pick up and play friendly, they can't be complicated, they must be "casual". That's why I argue there are very good games on XBLA if you remember those are the rules for making XBLA games. Games like Undertow and Bugs of War are great games that get an unfair shake for not being original or as complicated as their retail cousins.

You should compare XBLA games more to DS games than retail 360 games.

Liked the demo. Will probably grab this if I find myself wanting a new Live title in between the stack of retail games. Catan still won't release its death grip...

Im having lots of fun with t his...THe archer owns!
Not bad for an 800 point game. I am playing this and Assassin's Creed a lot. Nice to take a break from constant FPS play.

I was not moved by this game. I loved the Bard's Tale, Champions of Norrath: RTA games... but I just didn't find the demo fun. :(

And Undertow fanboys need to GTFO.

So I have some points lying around. And was considering getting this. Any input from anyone else? Otherwise saving my points for nexts week release, that shooter game with the chick(forget the name)

I have this game, I like it. Pretty fun with 2 player not the deepest game but I would think it would take about 15-20 hours to get all 200/200

Hows the leveling/skill variation aspect of it? Like good variety of skills? Difficulty level.

Yeah thanks capcom thats what I was thinking.

I played entirely through it in 2 sessions. It is ok, but there isn't really much there. The equipment is very limited and there aren't many skills. I doubt I put more than 5 or 6 hours into it if that even.

bread's done
Back