XBLA - Banjo-Kazooie - 1200pts

[quote name='Blackout']I just finished up the first level. I'm really enjoying it so far. I think the game holds up. I don't remember how long the game is. I'm guessing around 5-6 hours?

Anyone get all the achievements yet?[/QUOTE]

I'd estimate 6-7 hrs if you've already played it casually, 4.5-6 if you remember it really well, and 8-10 if it's the first time playing.

I'm glad I went out and purchased a 1,600 points card for no reason at all now, spending my last few dollars on it just to get this game, and now it's delayed.

Great. Now I'll end up spending it on something else, like RB, and won't be able to get Banjo-Kazooie when it comes out in eight months, since they'll have to keep delaying it until every single person in the world gets a code.

When I played Banjo and other old platformers the games all seemed so long. Is banjo really just 10 hours or less? Seemed like it was a lot longer.

Well, I'm somewhere between 6-8 hours into the game, and according to a FAQ, I'm on world 8 out of 9. This is my first time playing Banjo Kazooie, though I did beat Banjo Tooie on the N64.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It's a heck of a lot longer than any other XBLA game...definitely a bargain at 1200pts[/QUOTE]

It took me about 12 hours to get all achievement points (aka collect everything in the game), and this has been my first play-through ever. The only time I used a guide was for Bottles Moving Puzzles. I suppose that's pretty long for an XBLA game. I think Duke Nukem 3D or Castlevania may be a bit more time consuming though...

For people who haven't played it before, it could take up to 15 hours to beat it. It took me around 11 and it was my first time playing it, although I had recently seen a video walkthrough of it, so it was fresh in my mind...sort of.

On the one hand it is quite a bit of entertainment. You're getting a full (albeit aged) game for the 15 bucks. There's plenty of content there and the achievements are pretty straightforward. The problem is that it's still an old game and it plays like one. I did feel that the game was a much more a collectathon with little missions sprinkled about rather than a proper platformer.

If I hadn't gotten it for free with Nuts & Bolts I wouldn't have paid the full price for it. I personally do not recommend getting it at 1200 points.

I on the other hand, would have bought it had I not gotten it free from the N&B pre-order.

The dialogue is so freakin' hilarious...reminds me of the good ol' days!

Def. worth the 1200 points, it was a long/full retail game at one point and a great platformer.

And lol @ N64 graphics.

Wow, this game is even longer than I remembered. I'm 10 hours in and just now getting to the final boss. At first I was going for 100% on everything, but then I got bored, heh, so I sped things up a bit. Great game though, and I'd say definitely worth $15.

I finally beat the game and got 200/200 gamerscore for it. It took me 15 hours total to beat it 100%.

That last Bottles puzzle was so hard though! You had to be perfect and almost memorize some of the pieces. It probably took me 30 minutes for that one puzzle. The cheat you get for beating it is pretty hilarious though.

I need to play this again, I stopped a while ago but after listening to Talk Radar's latest Podcast they got me interested in the game. Funny quote though, one of the podcast hosts was like I have 99 whatevers on the last level, nope not going to get 100 screw that! We wanted to hate it because basically it was a rip off of Mario 64 but we just played it for hours. Haha, yaahhh.

bread's done
Back