XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

Got in a game and was having fun, and than everyone left. Tried to get into another match but, It just stayed on Searching for match. O'well will try again tonight.

[quote name='whataboutbob?']are you kidding me....theres no option to search for servers??? i cant join a match right now because none of my friends have the game and the quick match option isnt pulling up any available servers. can yall please add me to your friend list so i can get in a game[/QUOTE]

Im having the same problem.
Please add me too. My gamertag is dropbeargsh

Same problem as well, i tried the tutorial and it is fun to get a lay of the land and know what is what but i wanna get in a game

Air Raid Bombing when enemy only has one flag :drool:

The weird thing is with the demo, I had no problems joining a game, but when I unlocked the full, it couldn't connect :(

I am downloading this now and would really like to play with some CAGs in an hour or so. Don't really feel like teaming up with random douchebags.

I played for about an hour after lunch today, completely lag free and really fun. I was hoping to play some with a few friends of mine tonight but I am not too hopeful on getting into a game. When it worked earlier it brought back all the glorious feelings only a proper Battlefield game can though. Battlefield 2 and 1942 are still two of my favorite Online games of all time.

This is not available for me online...what gives?

Says "This content is not currently available"

EDIT: IT'S HERE NOW....weird. I cleared my cache and the dashboard is running amazingly fast now....yeah....wait....not that fast. Still takes time to start a video and what not...weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doubledown']This is not available for me online...what gives?

Says "This content is not currently available"[/QUOTE]

Wierd. Maybe queue it up on xbox.com?

[quote name='doubledown']This is not available for me online...what gives?

Says "This content is not currently available"[/QUOTE]

same... I had to download it from xbox.com

gotta go over to friends for supper w/ the wife but should be able to play around 11 tonight if anyone wants to get a game going. add me to your friends list and maybe we can get an all cags match setup

[quote name='homeland']planning on playing tonight. Anyone want to get a gaming night for cags?[/QUOTE]

Definitely down for that....whats a good night for all?

I'm up for a game now or later tonight (or both). Can't seem to get into a quick match, so let me know if you want to play.

my wife is away with her mom for a few days so, I can play all night!!
I cant seem to get past the "searching for games" which is pretty shitty since u cant backout. Hopefully we can get enough people to fill up a room with just cags.

[quote name='homeland']my wife is away with her mom for a few days so, I can play all night!!
I cant seem to get past the "searching for games" which is pretty shitty since u cant backout. Hopefully we can get enough people to fill up a room with just cags.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't get past "searching for games" either, so I am just screwing around in the tutorial for a bit until we can get a CAG game going later.

From what I understand even if you fill a room with just CAGs it'll still try to connect to the server and be unable to... they need to hurry up and fix this! =(

yup, got a private room filled to 14 and the damn game wouldn't start.

when you finally do get into a ranked match, the game runs smooth and is a lot of fun.

just curious if it stays at the stand by searching pop up window, is everyone just letting it go and eventually getting into a match? After 5 minutes I'm just fucking it and restarting the game. When I got to play this afternoon it was at least telling me I couldn't join or no matches found...

Not even showing up online for me to purchase. I saw that earlier they put the price at 90,000 MS points to deter people from buying it, due to server overloads.

Just bought the full version and would be down to play with any cags, send me a fr or a game invite, I'll pretty much be playing this all evening into the night.
Gamertag: Danknflika

[quote name='homeland']just curious if it stays at the stand by searching pop up window, is everyone just letting it go and eventually getting into a match? After 5 minutes I'm just fucking it and restarting the game. When I got to play this afternoon it was at least telling me I couldn't join or no matches found...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same exact thing for me. Looks like this was a lot more popular than they expected.

Edit: Hmm, well now instead of having it hang on the "searching for games" screen, I am getting "joining game" followed by "cannot join - the game appears to be unavailable."

[quote name='redboat']Just bought the full version and would be down to play with any cags, send me a fr or a game invite, I'll pretty much be playing this all evening into the night.
Gamertag: Danknflika[/QUOTE]

Good luck sir! Game is broke as a joke at the moment... I don't see them getting this resolved today but what do I know?

Awesome, finally got into a quick match and got to play a round. Seems like a blast. I am going to try again around 11:00 Eastern if anyone wants to try to get a CAG game going.

Played a bunch this afternoon around lunchtime, the game is awesome. It really captures the spirit of 1942 but with updated graphics and full destructibility. No longer will a damn fence force you through a choke point!

Now I demand a European theater version with the El-Alamein level from '42. Stalingrad and some of the Italian maps would be great too.

Unfortunately, I've been trying since 6PM to get back in and have been totally unsuccessful. Really hope they're adding those servers.

Yeah my bro and I had absolutely no luck trying to get into a game tonight. Not being able to back out of a game search is retarded too. However there is sort of a workaround we found, if you have another person with you searching for a game (so a squad made up in other words) if the other person backs out while searching for a game it ends the search. So we were just trading off on that for a little while.

Seems like the servers are working, I've managed to get in a couple of hours of play, a couple more and that might balance out the time I had to wait today.

Actually managed to get in quite a few games tonight. I can't figure out if nobody talks or if my headset isn't working. Anybody else have a lot of silent games? Seems like it would be even more fun if everyone coordinated their attacks.

Finally got some good time in tonight and had a great time. Sorry bob I couldn't accept your invite I was with a friend already. Was actually playing with you Ivan Hood, not sure if you noticed

[quote name='homeland']Finally got some good time in tonight and had a great time. Sorry bob I couldn't accept your invite I was with a friend already. Was actually playing with you Ivan Hood, not sure if you noticed[/QUOTE]

Yep, I ended up in several games with CAGs. For some reason I couldn't accept bob's first invite, but I ended up playing with him later.

Got in for a bit earlier in the night and got some lagless matches in. This game is wicked fun. Perhaps we could get a CAG night together once everything stabilizes?

Absolutely terrific game. Worth every single point it costs and more. I'm very impressed with the game play once I was finally able to get in and join a game. I expect things to run smoother once the freeloaders who just want to play for the free 30 minutes of demo time are gone.

still cant connect online in the demo. This may sound like a stupid question, but am i supposed to have an EA account???

[quote name='homeland']Finally got some good time in tonight and had a great time. Sorry bob I couldn't accept your invite I was with a friend already. Was actually playing with you Ivan Hood, not sure if you noticed[/QUOTE]

yea, i saw yall but like ivan was saying i didnt hear any chatting or know how to voice chat system works...i think to chat maybe you have to be in the same squad? not really sure yet about that.

good thing is the game is really good once you get it going...no lag so far...brings back lots of memories of bf2 days. next step is to get a regular Cag game going so we can use some strategy instead of just every man for himself.

ive got tomorrow off so will be on and off throughout the day. send me an invite if yall want to play

[quote name='Decker']Absolutely terrific game. Worth every single point it costs and more. I'm very impressed with the game play once I was finally able to get in and join a game. I expect things to run smoother once the freeloaders who just want to play for the free 30 minutes of demo time are gone.[/QUOTE]

Is that how the demo works?

If so, they should just lock the demo to the tutorial only. It could only help.

Well this morning the servers aren't even full (Hovering between 10-12 per team). Got a couple good games in for myself, but I can't say the same for the other team. Almost managed to break 600 points that last game too.

[quote name='IvanHood']Actually managed to get in quite a few games tonight. I can't figure out if nobody talks or if my headset isn't working. Anybody else have a lot of silent games? Seems like it would be even more fun if everyone coordinated their attacks.[/QUOTE]

Fat chance getting this in a Battlefield game haha :lol:. You might get one squad who are coordinating attacks on each team but I'm guessing that will be about it. Glad to hear more people can play today, we will see if that was more a time of day thing or them actually getting more servers up and running.

[quote name='Trakan']Is that how the demo works?

If so, they should just lock the demo to the tutorial only. It could only help.[/QUOTE]

The demo is 30 minutes of play time in the full game, but only on the wake island map. I would not have bought the game if I only had the tutorial as there is no enemies/bots in the tutorial.

With the trial I could not get into a match without hitting 'join game' on someones gamertag that was already in. But after I bought the game I could get in regularly.

Thanks to whataboutbob for playing with me last night, had a lot of fun, even though I suck balls.

I have a question though - what circumstances make the little red indicator show up over an enemies head? Sometimes I see the little red arrows even behind hills, showing where enemies are. Other times I don't see an enemy unless I aim right at them. The red indicators fade in and out. I assume it has to do with if they are firing or performing other actions. Anyone know what exactly makes you 'visible' like that?

I looked on Amazon this morning and still don't see this game listed. Are they not going to sell this game via Amazon? If so, that sucks, I've been holding on to a $5 XBLA gift promo for months (that may be close to expiring by now) in anticipation of using it for 1943.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']I looked on Amazon this morning and still don't see this game listed. Are they not going to sell this game via Amazon? If so, that sucks, I've been holding on to a $5 XBLA gift promo for months (that may be close to expiring by now) in anticipation of using it for 1943.[/QUOTE]

It takes a little while for games to show up on amazon.

Getting this depending if the server issue gets fixed fast enough..sounds great once people are getting in and the reviews have been good as well.

[quote name='Stark Rhavyn']I looked on Amazon this morning and still don't see this game listed. Are they not going to sell this game via Amazon? If so, that sucks, I've been holding on to a $5 XBLA gift promo for months (that may be close to expiring by now) in anticipation of using it for 1943.[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy points?

Sometimes there is a week or two lag before they show up on Amazon.

seems alot better today though oculdnt get into the game bob invited me to. 360 just froze in game and when i restarted got into a new game quick

If the promo you're speaking of is the "Buy 1600 or 4000 ms points, get $5 or $10, respectively, in XBLA credit" promo, then that expired June 30th.

[quote name='moojuice']If the promo you're speaking of is the "Buy 1600 or 4000 ms points, get $5 or $10, respectively, in XBLA credit" promo, then that expired June 30th.[/QUOTE]

Great! That's even better!
Screw it. Amazon can suck it.

[/QUOTE] from thrustbucket: I have a question though - what circumstances make the little red indicator show up over an enemies head? Sometimes I see the little red arrows even behind hills, showing where enemies are. Other times I don't see an enemy unless I aim right at them. The red indicators fade in and out. I assume it has to do with if they are firing or performing other actions. Anyone know what exactly makes you 'visible' like that?[/QUOTE]

i think the red indicators start showing up when either you or someone on your team spots that enemy or fires on them. thats the best as i could tell.

ive got another question, is there a way to honk horns on jeeps or to tell someone to get in the boat or is the game automatically doing that?

edit - dont know why it didnt quote thrust's question correctly....oh well

bread's done
Back