XBLA - Battlefield 1943 - 1200pts

ive got another question, is there a way to honk horns on jeeps or to tell someone to get in the boat or is the game automatically doing that?
In the boats, I just shoot at them and they usually get the message. If with squad, a quick voice over through live usually gets the job done.

ive got another question, is there a way to honk horns on jeeps or to tell someone to get in the boat or is the game automatically doing that?

I believe if you click on the LS it honks the horn.

So last three times I've played the game froze up on me.. Anyone else experiencing this?

And Bretters it just took me about 20 minutes to find a match

Got this last night and played for an hour or two. Pretty fun except I hate some of the default controls, I kept on mashing B to melee and Y to switch weapons. Left trigger to accelerate in vehicles is backwards to me.

[quote name='homeland']So last three times I've played the game froze up on me.. Anyone else experiencing this?[/QUOTE]

Each time I was killed by a bomb from a plane,the game froze up on me. Happened about three or four times.

[quote name='homeland']So last three times I've played the game froze up on me.. Anyone else experiencing this?

And Bretters it just took me about 20 minutes to find a match[/QUOTE]

Froze twice for me yesterday but didn't notice what could've caused it.

I really want to like this game but there's always something thats just annoying. First the servers, then the crashing, now I've been noticing Tearing. It usually occurs while i'm flying. Also I hate the mad rush for the planes, or re-spawning on a carrier halfway through a map and find half the team waiting for planes. Or there's usually that one guy that just stands in the doorway to the radar room, cock blocking everyone else just so he's always the one to do the bombing run. Its like playing with 3 year olds.

Overall its a fun game, but I really can't wait until the server situation is settled so we can get a Cag night for this and play with descent people.

Wow, what a waste, couldn't get into a game using the trial. I don't know if its my connection or that they're heavily hit with the servers but I had no luck finding any games.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Wow, what a waste, couldn't get into a game using the trial. I don't know if its my connection or that they're heavily hit with the servers but I had no luck finding any games.[/QUOTE]

i got into a game fairly quickly with the trial

I think time spent in the menu counts as time played. I know yesterday, I couldn't get into a game for a while, but when I looked at my time played, it already said 30-ish minutes.

[quote name='slickkill77']No as a community is 43 million[/QUOTE]

Finally got to play today, I wonder when the 1943 website is going to show the stats for kills so we can see how close we are to getting the 4th map? Website just shows 0 for both Xbox and Playstation.

Took me 10 minutes of trying and failing then as soon as I got on here to see if anyone else couldn't play bam my next try worked! So back to play for the first time! lol

Fun and worth the price. One thing it is missing is an Urban map. My favorite map in BF2 was that one in the city I can't think of its name

[quote name='Draekon']Seems like the official website is now recording stats a bit more thoroughly at last:

http://battlefield1943.com/soldier/profile/182327724/360

I wonder how total score is calculated seeing as I have almost twice the score of a friend who's played nearly twice as long as me. Although my stats are a little nicer, but yeah...[/QUOTE]

how do you link in your profile in the game to the EA account?? ive already got an ea account but its a different email than my xbox live. do they have to match up?

Thats a pretty damn neat service, though its also ridiculously depressing.
I have a 22% accuracy and a -23 k/d ratio. I think i'm getting better though. I'm finally understanding the flow of the game and getting use to shooting.

Had a lot of success getting into rooms earlier but the rooms were mostly empty. :whistle2:?
Got the Milkrun achievement on a 3v3 Guadalcanal when everyone was basically doing their own thing.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Wow, what a waste, couldn't get into a game using the trial. I don't know if its my connection or that they're heavily hit with the servers but I had no luck finding any games.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i got into a game fairly quickly with the trial[/QUOTE]

Do you need an EA account to play??? I have tried the demo several times and cannot get into anything as well

[quote name='yukafls']Do you need an EA account to play??? I have tried the demo several times and cannot get into anything as well[/QUOTE]

Nope you just have to keep trying

[quote name='whataboutbob?']how do you link in your profile in the game to the EA account?? ive already got an ea account but its a different email than my xbox live. do they have to match up?[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I don't know off hand. My account has been linked for some time as I didn't need to do anything for 1943. Don't remember what I did to link it in the past either.

EDIT: Also seems that stats keep going in at out. At least this morning anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been able to see anything in this game trial besides the "Cannot connecto to EA server" error. Bummer. I'm ready to throw down money, but not until I'm sure it'll work first.

MjC

All this stuff about them "not expecting the game to be so popular" is total bs. I brought it without hesitation and i'm hardly a BF fan, only owning Bad Company. Of course the game was going to do well it's 24 player online, three wide open maps, graphically its amazing for an arcade game, its BATTLEFIELD GAME, and its very nicely priced at 1200 points.

I hope they get it fixed soon, as i'd like to actually play it at some point :p

[quote name='saunderscowie']All this stuff about them "not expecting the game to be so popular" is total bs. [/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. Cheap Bastards!!!!!!!!

[quote name='SoulReaver']Game seems to be basically BF:BC with a WW2 coating. Meh.[/QUOTE]

Lol.
Street Fighter 2 feels just like Marvel vs Capcom2 with a different coating too, right?
I played Super Mario Bros on NES the other day, damn thing seemed like a rethemed Mario Galaxies with lamer graphics....

You do realize that BF1942 (which is what this game is) started the Battlefield series, right?

[quote name='moojuice']I think time spent in the menu counts as time played. I know yesterday, I couldn't get into a game for a while, but when I looked at my time played, it already said 30-ish minutes.[/QUOTE]

On the main menu on the left right it tells you how much trial time you have left. It only counts time in gameplay, and you start out with 30 minutes and it goes down from there.

[quote name='thrustbucket']
On the main menu on the left right it tells you how much trial time you have left. It only counts time in gameplay, and you start out with 30 minutes and it goes down from there.[/QUOTE]

I should have clarified, I meant for the stats, it counts time in the menu as time played, therefore, messing up your SPM by a lot.

[quote name='moojuice']I should have clarified, I meant for the stats, it counts time in the menu as time played, therefore, messing up your SPM by a lot.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok. That's lame then.

Had some good games last night, and I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of using the scout. Got the "best squad on all three maps achievement" in a game with some other CAGs, but everyone got disconnected in the next game. Even with all the kinks that still need to be worked out, this is an awesome game.

[quote name='IvanHood']Had some good games last night, and I feel like I'm finally starting to get the hang of using the scout. Got the "best squad on all three maps achievement" in a game with some other CAGs, but everyone got disconnected in the next game. Even with all the kinks that still need to be worked out, this is an awesome game.[/QUOTE]

Ya it was good playing with you, though next time we should work together more. Just the little teamwork Bob and I had, made the game a hell of alot more enjoyable. If we could have a full squad working together, we'd be fucking some shit up!

Is anyone having luck joining games through "Join Match with Friends" with multiple people?

The only way I'm finding games is through Quick Match.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Lol.
Street Fighter 2 feels just like Marvel vs Capcom2 with a different coating too, right?
I played Super Mario Bros on NES the other day, damn thing seemed like a rethemed Mario Galaxies with lamer graphics....

You do realize that BF1942 (which is what this game is) started the Battlefield series, right?

[/QUOTE]
Yes I do realize that, I've owned every single game from the PC series...

I'm just saying, they added little to none in terms of new stuff. Feels more like BF:BC than the original BF games. I mean, the 3 classes are pathetic. Where is my medic?

I dunno, I just feel it is a better deal to buy BF:BC for $20 or less now than get this.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I haven't been able to see anything in this game trial besides the "Cannot connecto to EA server" error. Bummer. I'm ready to throw down money, but not until I'm sure it'll work first.

MjC[/QUOTE]

If you are getting the EA server message, you need to create a login at ea.com and register your gamertag or play a game/demo that uses EA servers (like Facebreaker).

Xbox already over 1 million kills!

360 1046829
ps3 689043

When EA first announced the 43 million kill thing, I thought it would take a few weeks, but a this rate we'll be playing the new map in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='homeland']When EA first announced the 43 million kill thing, I thought it would take a few weeks, but a this rate we'll be playing the new map in no time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should only take a week. Of course I'm basing that off of the 5 million kills we got (according to DICE) in the first 24 hours despite there not being anywhere near enough servers up.

It occasionally works Trak. It seems like the fewere people in a server, the easier it is to join on a friend. Has a few matches last night where a friend couldn't join on me when it was 12-10 or so, but when each team has less than 9 players, we were able to join in on each other.

It's all messed up though. There was one point where three of us were trying to get in the same game with plenty of space, but only two could get in without trouble.

[quote name='wakawakawa']If you are getting the EA server message, you need to create a login at ea.com and register your gamertag or play a game/demo that uses EA servers (like Facebreaker).[/QUOTE]

I've read that. Problem is, I've played tons of those games. Burnouts, BF2, BFMC, etc. Facebreaker demo is no longer online, and I auto-downloaded Mirror's edge just to try it. I could also give some of those other games another spin. This is some bullshit.

MjC

Xbox is over 2 million kills as of last update thing at bottom of the screen. These servers are pissing me off though I can't play a whole game without it freezing! I just did a bombing run killing 5 people and two vehicles and BAM freeze! ARGH!!!!!!

Edit: 3 million kills - 3148028

Well after 40 failed tries to connect to the EA server, I deleted the demo and bought N+ instead.

Shame since I enjoyed BF1942/BF2 on the PC and was thinking this would be a day 1 purchase. I'm just glad I heard about the server issues before wasting 1200 points on this POS.

Well i'm loving the game now that i'm getting better with the weapons. I like the rifleman class the best so far. I literally just had a 3 game streak where I went 38 kills and ZERO deaths. :D

NOBODY seems to care about air raids so I was whoring the control houses and only fighting enemies when they approached or just shooting them in the back when they had control of the nearby flag. I'd only sneak out and recapture the flag whenever the enemies would leave it unoccupied. I'm a whore. :D

[quote name='VipFREAK']1200pts for this?! FAIL.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you try playing the trial game before you make such an ignorant comment.

I feel for the amount of fun I've had playing this, 1200 pts is a bargain.

[quote name='VipFREAK']No thanks, got it on PSN.[/QUOTE]

So you essentially paid just as much if not more, as 1200 pts doesn't necessarily equate to $14.99 (the price on PSN), yet you feel the need to thread crap.

Why?

bread's done
Back