XBLA - Beyond Good & Evil HD - 800 Points - Out now!

That's it! Thanx man! With that I beat the game, awesome game but frustrating at times for sure. Here's to hoping there is a sequel. :)

I remember enjoying this game on the original Xbox, and it's always been one I've thought about revisiting.

Having said that, has anybody played their original Xbox disc in their 360? I thought this was one of the games that was backwards compatible... or maybe everybody was pissed back in the day because it WASN'T? I can't remember.

I would pick it up in a heartbeat if my poor old 20 gig HD wasn't almost full. Shoot.

I've got that compatibility list still on my desktop lol and no BG&E is not on there. Even if it was it doesn't have achievements, HD graphics, and friend leaderboards.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I've got that compatibility list still on my desktop lol and no BG&E is not on there. Even if it was it doesn't have achievements, HD graphics, and friend leaderboards.[/QUOTE]

I used to have it bookmarked, but I guess they moved it or something. Did you just save the webpage?

I don't really care about cheevos, as my gamerscore indicates (less than 2k I think), but I still may DL it, especially if it goes on sale.

I didn't hear much about this game until it came up on XBLA, then everyone started talking about it. I picked it up because it's only 800 and I wanted a fun action game. It's lived up to my expectations and then some. It's a solid story, combines action with puzzle solving, and has a good soundtrack.

I am all done with the achievements except going to the moon (havn't gotten that far yet, but I'm close), collecting 80 pearls (I think I am at 69 or 70), beating the game, and collecting 11 mdisks (I have 9). I'll finish it up. I made sure to make a 2nd save in case I accidentally go to the moon. I am told once there, you can't go back. I've been having a lot of fun with the game.

Questions though...
Inside the bar, there are three hotel rooms. The first has that sad goat guy, the third is the one to go into the IRIS HQ, and the second has a password on it. Where do I find that code? I'm almost ready to go to the moon. I have to find the ship first. Do I get it later? The 2nd question I have is in the same bar, there is a computer down by the shark guy I played that game against for 2 pearls. Where do I get the PW for that computer? Thanks.

Looking forward to beating it. I've been having a lot of fun, but the camera still makes some of the stealth missions tough!!

Inside the bar...
you get the password from the elephant guy downstairs. He is "hiding" something and makes regular movements to reveal it so just stare at him for a bit and you'll catch it.

I don't remember the computer...
pw. It may have come from the depressed guys ticket...? But there are some really good FAQs that should be able to point you in the right direction.

I am stuck at the Slaughter House. There is an area where myself or HH is suppose to kick the fuse box to turn off the power so that I can climb up some boxes to get to a different level. I can't get HH to kick it and when I kick it, there is not enough time to get through before the electric beam comes on. Literally stuck with nowhere to go. Its a shame as I really enjoyed the game. Frustrated.

I've gone through some of the GameFAQs guides and they do not mention this section. I think I will just stop playing (really wish I didn't override every save).

[quote name='mrnomis27']I've gone through some of the GameFAQs guides and they do not mention this section. I think I will just stop playing (really wish I didn't override every save).[/QUOTE]

Man, I feel for you man, I had to retread through levels to get the blue orbs to go to the moon. Annoying. Can you describe with more detail exactly where you are? I can't exactly remember which part you are at. But I might be able to help...

[quote name='faceturd']Can you describe with more detail exactly where you are? I can't exactly remember which part you are at. But I might be able to help...[/QUOTE]

Ditto, here to help if I can.

Description: There is a hallway that has a number of red landmines scattered on the ground. Once you walk past the landmines, you enter an open room. Once you get into the room a fight sequence begins where these little jelly fish looking enemies continue to regenerate.

There is a ledge that Jade can climb up, however the very top of the ledge has an electric beam going across it. Additionally, there is a fuse box that when you hit it, the electric beam goes away, however power is restored before I can get through the beam (I have tried it over 50 times). Double H stands there and fights the jelly fish looking things and when I press special attack, he just attacks them and doesn't take out the power box.

I am sure it is something incredibly easy, but I have had it.

IMG00128-20110421-2022[1] by mrnomis27, on Flickr

Eek... the picture helps but I need to think a bit to see if I recall what to do. Does Double H do the special attack that launches the enemies in the air, and then you can hit them? If so, try standing below the ledge and hit a jelly into the box or something like that...?

Oh yes I got stuck there too a little bit. It's a little puzzle I guess, you'll need Double H's help. He has to hit the fuse box and you climb up the ledge. There will be a prompt on the screen for you to tell Double H to hit the fuse box and not just a special attack (I believe it prompts you when you hang on the ledge).

[quote name='Spybreak8']Oh yes I got stuck there too a little bit. It's a little puzzle I guess, you'll need Double H's help. He has to hit the fuse box and you climb up the ledge. There will be a prompt on the screen for you to tell Double H to hit the fuse box and not just a special attack (I believe it prompts you when you hang on the ledge).[/QUOTE]

I will try that, however I have tried it a number of times and never have seen a prompt other than special attack. In fact, the picture shows Jade hanging there and under HH has the special attack icon.

I will let you know what happens. Thanks for your suggestions.

I don't recall a time when there was a fight AND a puzzle to solve. I think the game pretty much works that the respawning enemies will have to be defeated, or used to progress to a new spot, before you can move on. I don't remember the specific spot you're out, but is there anything you can hit the enemies into after Double H uses his special attack? The picture isn't clear enough for me to recognize the spot your in to offer my help.

I got stuck at a few spots, but in the end, I figured it all out. Hang in there. I know it's possible to have a glitched spot, BUT, if the creatures are coming, you probably need them for something.

See now I think that's the reason why we got stuck because of the spawning of enemies you think they're related but they weren't. Yeah I don't remember if I took all the enemies out before I grabbed the ledge but it's a long battle in any way.

Solved. I was being impatient and did not kill off all of the regenerating enemies. After going toe-to-toe for about 3 minutes, HH was able to slam into the fuse box. Thanks to all for their help, I figured it was something stupid.

Just picked up this game again after putting it down in March. I had played about 5 hours in and was about 2/3rds of the way through the Factory. Not the best place to stop. I had to figure out where to go versus where I had already been. Somehow, the game didn't appeal as much to me as the last time I had played. The tight corners with shoddy camera controls didn't help, and I had forgotten most of the controls.

Still, the stealth segments were pretty cool, although it seemed the Factory stage went on for forever. I always get a little uptight when games take you inside enclosed areas. Good thing I'm off to the Slaughterhouse soon, which is sure to be inside. :roll:

I have high hopes that the game will pick up again.

The camera controls/angles are indeed annoying, but I still love this game. The atmosphere and fleshed-out, unique world are great. I'm about halfway done (playing off and on) too.

bread's done
Back