XBLA - Call Of Duty Classic - 1200pts - Also comes in MW2 Hardened/Prestige package

intoxicated662

CAGiversary!
Feedback
219 (99%)
So turns out it's out. Anyone here try it yet? Impressions?

Is officially being released on xbox 360 live arcade on Dec 2nd..a week or so away. anyone else going to get this? for those of you who have it already, what are your thoughts? it has no ms point price yet which is what i'm waiting on.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/callofdutyclassicxbla/

I called xbox live support and was told it will be 1200 ms points.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only booted it up quickly to check it out, but it looks good.

My complaint was that every time I moved the left stick I got a "this weapon is not upgradeable" or something or other, which is caused by pressing in the left stick...there didn't seem to be any way of changing the controls to eliminate it, either. VERY annoying.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']I only booted it up quickly to check it out, but it looks good.

My complaint was that every time I moved the left stick I got a "this weapon is not upgradeable" or something or other, which is caused by pressing in the left stick...there didn't seem to be any way of changing the controls to eliminate it, either. VERY annoying.[/QUOTE]

So don't click it? You can't sprint anyway.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Just curious for us waiting for it to sell on XBLA. But what is the file size for COD Classic?[/QUOTE]

I've been told it's 1.4GBs

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've been told it's 1.4GBs[/QUOTE]

Close, it was 1.24 GB. I downloaded this, but I really didn't get into it all (obviously because of MW2). I was wondering how manageable this is on Veteran? Call of Duty 2 was a pain, but this game has health packs rather than regenerating health, so I wonder if it would really help or hurt its difficulty. I would love to get the full 200 G for this, but really don't want to spend as much time as I did with CoD2 for a measly 30 G.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']Close, it was 1.24 GB. I downloaded this, but I really didn't get into it all (obviously because of MW2). I was wondering how manageable this is on Veteran? Call of Duty 2 was a pain, but this game has health packs rather than regenerating health, so I wonder if it would really help or hurt its difficulty. I would love to get the full 200 G for this, but really don't want to spend as much time as I did with CoD2 for a measly 30 G.[/QUOTE]

Are there even health packs on Veteran? I've played a few missions and didn't find any. If there aren't, I may just restart on hardened...1 bullet does 3/4 health damage.

From what I've read, there are health packs, but they are just very scarce. And if they are as scarce as you say, then I really don't see myself bothering with Veteran.

[quote name='mrcheapo11']From what I've read, there are health packs, but they are just very scarce. And if they are as scarce as you say, then I really don't see myself bothering with Veteran.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, from what I gather there are no health packs on Veteran.

[quote name='BackInBlack']So don't click it? You can't sprint anyway.[/QUOTE]

My controller is probably too sensitive because all I do is push forward with it and it keeps coming up. Wish I could just change the scheme so it wouldn't happen.

This game was great back in 2003, when I first played it on PC. Not sure how it'll stack up on 360 in 2009. Definitely no need for me to go back to it, so I won't be picking this up.

I've only played a little bit of it. It isn't bad.

The first level seemed overly dark to me. The graphics are decent considering the age of the game. I tried getting on the multiplayer but no one was on at the time. Controls are pretty tight and there is almost no bobbing when you walk or run which is different compared to newer CoD games.

I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago and played the first few single player levels. It was just as I remembered it on the PC. No one was online when I checked.

Graphics are still decent. The funny thing is, I remember when this first came out for the PC, I was heavily into playing a mod for original Half Life called 'Day of Defeat'. I remember thinking that CoD looked soo amazing compared to DoD. I quickly switched from DoD to CoD as my main online game.

I should fire up DoD on Steam just to see how bad it truely looks.

I've been told the single player game is still pretty good as the original but that the online multiplayer is dead right now but hopefully that will change when it's available for all to purchase. I was looking to get it on here from someone but $20 is way too much for it. I personally think $15 aka 1200 ms points is the max it should cost as battlefield1943 did and this is cod classic. It's 720p so you can't expect the best but at least it has a full solo campaign (about 10 hours or so to complete), online multiplayer and such. Looking forward to it and have my ms points ready already.

Yes, but hence your title 'Available Now For MW2 Hardened/Prestige buyers' and mine has an official xbox link and open discussion. Didn't pop up in the search I did. Also, have a mod merge them if you want. But if you do, add the game details and link from the official xbox.com page I posted. FYI, you state the game is out in the thread but in the title it says otherwise so don't confuse people.

Singleplayer is alright, going from the PC version... if you can stand old school health packs and all that jazz. I liked it when it came out, and now I don't like it much at all. Overall awesome it's being put on there for new people to enjoy.

... I will say, the guns sound like REAL GUNS in this Call of Duty. Unlike all the other muted airsoft sounding trash in the latter games... which I love in every OTHER way =)

[quote name='Puffa469']
Graphics are still decent. The funny thing is, I remember when this first came out for the PC, I was heavily into playing a mod for original Half Life called 'Day of Defeat'. I remember thinking that CoD looked soo amazing compared to DoD. I quickly switched from DoD to CoD as my main online game.

I should fire up DoD on Steam just to see how bad it truely looks.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I was heavy into Day of Defeat before CoD came out. Then CoD pwned DoD and I never looked back.

Wow, what a great franchise Call of Duty has been. I think people forget about it being such a long running franchise. Six CoDs in six years. Pretty impressive.

I thought the graphics were very muddy and not of the best quality for an upconversion, vs. say the God of War games from the recent collection Blu-Ray release.

Also have to say I'm kinda pissed off the CoD 2-MW2 control scheme is not in this game, and it has controls like a PS2 shooter from back in the day.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']

The first level seemed overly dark to me. [/QUOTE]

I had the exact same problem. I thought it was my tv.

bread's done
Back