XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

[quote name='Rocko']So I started this game last night. Is it basically playing the game all over again from scratch every time you choose a different character?[/QUOTE]

Yep. It saves progress for each character.

It's called Insane Mode. Play it, die on it...a lot.

EDIT: I'm ranked 154 (Level 43) atm out of 46,578 players. That's a hell of a first day for this game.

[quote name='zewone'][/QUOTE]

Dam man you got some serious time in with the game yesterday. Grats
I wonder how much longevity it will have for you with you going that far in a single day.

Ugh...having so much trouble with the 3rd boss (2nd miniboss) on Insane Mode. The guy just does not wanna take damage. He's a freaking tank! Then I land and die in 2 seconds due to 7 or 8 hits. Grr...

You don't get anything from 78 (when you max all stats) to 99.

There's no need to level up past 78. Kind of weak, I was hoping for a weapon or a character.

=/ I can't reach that Animal Orb that's in the back of the Ark even with the R trigger + Jump thing...

Also just noticed I'm missing the boomerang...where is that at?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']=/ I can't reach that Animal Orb that's in the back of the Ark even with the R trigger + Jump thing...[/QUOTE]

Beefy knight +X and Y jump attacks.

Also, you have to have your magic to a certain level for the magic jump.

[quote name='zewone']Beefy knight +X and Y jump attacks.

Also, you have to have your magic to a certain level for the magic jump.[/QUOTE]

Ah that's probably it then. I built my Blue Knight into a tank.

Also, what happens when you choose Insane Mode? Does the map completely reset?

God damn archers in the thief arena.

Also is there a way to view all the combos I have? I forgot most of them.

Is the game better than the demo? I enjoyed the demo but I wasn't blown away or anything. I've probably played WAY too many beat-em-ups in my life to get excited by one...

I think my game glitched...

I picked up the green staff/spear thing that the Green emerald knights use that you see in the marsh, but when I go to the Blacksmith, it shows up at this giant hammer thing.

Which animal orb do you guys prefer to have?

I am torn between monkey, cardinal or cave troll.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Soodmeg']Which animal orb do you guys prefer to have?

I am torn between monkey, cardinal or cave troll.[/QUOTE]

I've been strictly using the Giraffe since I got him, he helps you level up faster.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']online doesn't work for me at all. it crashes my system everytime. this game is not very much fun solo. I'm pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Get a friend and play during off-hours...the servers are getting slammed and will be until they fix it, as seen here:

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

floodedserverou5.jpg

I'm pretty sure random matches flat out don't work for the story mode from what I've read, but Friend matches are hit or miss. I played for like 3 hours with Music earlier and it worked fine the whole time, minus some slowdown here and there.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I've been strictly using the Giraffe since I got him, he helps you level up faster.[/quote]

Where do you get him from?

Thanks I havent gotten to that part yet. Have not left the first island trying to beat the god damn arenas before I go.

I am having a problem with the RT + A boost jump to get the cat though. Tried searched the thread couldnt find it.

so how do you dig in the first place I've seen some x's in different places but I haven't seen anything about how to dig. I'm assuming that maybe its an item you find somewhere?

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Get a friend and play during off-hours...the servers are getting slammed and will be until they fix it, as seen here:

[/quote]

dude 7am on thursday seems like an off hour to me. This doesn't seem like a server problem so much as a bug. Everytime I hit custom match, quick match, or create match the thing crashes. I tried redownloading it but that doesn't seem to help. How do you clear your HD cache again? Maybe that'll help because it seems like people can in fact play this online somehow.

[quote name='PhoenixT']so how do you dig in the first place I've seen some x's in different places but I haven't seen anything about how to dig. I'm assuming that maybe its an item you find somewhere?[/quote]

Yes.

ok cleared the cache by holding A when a game started up and got a match to work. maybe there's hope after all. anybody who's having a lot of problems I suggest trying that.

So what is the difference between burly bear and Snoot...they both just say they increase your strength but I am guessing one of them does more than the other.

[quote name='javeryh']Is the game better than the demo? I enjoyed the demo but I wasn't blown away or anything. I've probably played WAY too many beat-em-ups in my life to get excited by one...[/quote]

It's a lot deeper than the demo. It's still a beat-em-up, but in the full game you get better magic, animal orbs (which boost various stats, etc.), tons of different weapons with different effects on your stats, other side weapons/items (bow and arrow, shovel, etc.).

So it's a really good beat-em-up.

Im tempted to buy this but $15 for an Xbox Live game seems like alot, especially given iv been told its at most a 10 hour game. However if each of the 25 characters plays different I can soooooo totally see it being worth it. Anyone know yet if the unlockable characters are just pointless extras looking different but playing the same? Or do they actually cause the gameplay to change by having different strengths/attacks/weaknesses?

[quote name='eminemobied12']fuck THIS GAMEE!!!!! I buy this for the online and IT DOESNT WORK... it ends up freezing or freezing my 360, i havent made into one game and have been trying for an hour... cant join or create matches and when u finally get to the screen with the other people the game freezes... 2 years they had... 2 YEARS!!!! a shitty game like brain challenge i undertsand the shityy online but even that is better than this especially at 1200 points... what a waste, i'm not one to complain but i swear i feel like e-mailing this fucks and telling them they owe me 1200 ms points... fuckers[/quote]

clear your cache. it doesn't solve all the online problems but it made it so that once I successfully joined a match it works fine. also no more freezing after I did this! I couldn't get anything to work until I did this. Hold down the A button when starting up a game. I did it for both a disc game and castle crashers itself to be sure. This was a trick people learned from problems they were having with Oblivion. Hope it helps.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Im tempted to buy this but $15 for an Xbox Live game seems like alot, especially given iv been told its at most a 10 hour game. However if each of the 25 characters plays different I can soooooo totally see it being worth it. Anyone know yet if the unlockable characters are just pointless extras looking different but playing the same? Or do they actually cause the gameplay to change by having different strengths/attacks/weaknesses?[/quote]

the main difference is their magic abilities. other than that characters control mostly the same. RPG-Lite strategy and collect-a-thon are the main attractors for replay. if you like mindless beat em ups you'll be happy with the purchase, and I would contend that $15 is okay for a triple A arcade game.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']the main difference is their magic abilities. other than that characters control mostly the same. RPG-Lite strategy and collect-a-thon are the main attractors for replay. if you like mindless beat em ups you'll be happy with the purchase, and I would contend that $15 is okay for a triple A arcade game.[/QUOTE]

Not saying $15 is a bad price for this game. Just that I personally dont usually spend but $15 even for big titles like Devil May Cry or Halo. There are just too many good games that come out and they drop in price too damn fast to justify spending more then that. In this case im thinking ill bite though. Makes me really nervous that the game is so short and that there isnt much of a difference between the characters.....but $15 to support an indy developer and the minimum chances of this game EVER getting a price drop make it not as bad.

[quote name='Soodmeg']So what is the difference between burly bear and Snoot...they both just say they increase your strength but I am guessing one of them does more than the other.[/QUOTE]

They both give you +2 STR.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']clear your cache. it doesn't solve all the online problems but it made it so that once I successfully joined a match it works fine. also no more freezing after I did this! I couldn't get anything to work until I did this. Hold down the A button when starting up a game. I did it for both a disc game and castle crashers itself to be sure. This was a trick people learned from problems they were having with Oblivion. Hope it helps.[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I'm going to give this a try when I get home tonight. If I remember correct, can this also be done from the system blade? I want to say it was in there somewhere.

Anyway, I too had mucho problems getting a game on Live last night. I tried 6 or 7 times around 9pm last night with no success. I'll try again tonight and would like to start a game from scratch with some CAG's.

XBL Stabby Pete

I wrote down doodle777 and PlayYing - I'll see if you guys are online tonight! Anyone else? Just send an invite.

[quote name='Brak']I guarantee you're not selecting the same character.[/quote]
Nope, constantly choosing fire/orange and he's always at level 1 everytime I come back to play it (so all that level grinding constantly for nothing). Any other suggestions (no, I'm not being sarcastic, I really want to enjoy the game)?

Why can't I beat the 3rd boss in the Thieves' Forest on Insane mode? I mean...seriously. I increase my attack and defense yet it kills me even quicker than before. I've gotta figure out some way to beat his little minions quicker.

^

You talking about the black hairball? Im stuck on him also. I kept just Jump+Y, tap Y for the spinning sword. It works but after awhile, it seems like he stops taking damage or something so you have to land and rejump which hard w/ 20+ minions on screen.

Yeah, that guy. I'm like at Level 48 now (I've gained about 7 levels just dying on that level alone). I got him down to about a quarter health then he started running around. He was like 4 or 5 hits from death, I had 2 potions, I got downed with a sliver of health and it wouldn't let me use my potion, got hit, died. Infuriating.

EDIT: I'm gonig to go with a different animal next time
Chicken instead of Troll

Last edited by a moderator:
God damn finally beat the fucking Volcano arena. It took me fucking forever....now to turn it off and bask in my glory.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, that guy. I'm like at Level 48 now (I've gained about 7 levels just dying on that level alone). I got him down to about a quarter health then he started running around. He was like 4 or 5 hits from death, I had 2 potions, I got downed with a sliver of health and it wouldn't let me use my potion, got hit, died. Infuriating.

EDIT: I'm gonig to go with a different animal next time
Chicken instead of Troll
[/quote]

By the way...
.does troll ever give out more health than 4 every 12 seconds?

Just that I personally dont usually spend but $15 even for big titles like Devil May Cry or Halo.
These big titles are several years old right now which is why you are now buying them for $15. Try buying DMC4 or Halo 3 for $15. I am kind of surprised you are even in a thread about a game from this generation. :lol:

[quote name='Soodmeg']By the way...
.does troll ever give out more health than 4 every 12 seconds?
[/quote]

It depends on your Magic level I think. I got it up to 8 per recovery. 12 seconds? It feels like 30.

[quote name='Zyzomys']These big titles are several years old right now which is why you are now buying them for $15. Try buying DMC4 or Halo 3 for $15. I am kind of surprised you are even in a thread about a game from this generation. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ermmmm ok I meant the newer games in the series. And guess what DMC3 isnt even but a few months old and its already just over $20 on ebay. Within no time it will be at that $15 range. Add in that you can find random deals and craigslist and its not that hard.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Ermmmm ok I meant the newer games in the series. And guess what DMC3 isnt even but a few months old and its already just over $20 on ebay. Within no time it will be at that $15 range. Add in that you can find random deals and craigslist and its not that hard.[/quote]
DMC3 or DMC4?

bread's done
Back