XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

[quote name='A Happy Panda']It was broken as of like 2 AM...not sure if it has been fixed.[/quote]

Let's just hope it works by the evening. :pray:

Dammit. I always hope that I dont like these 1200 point titles. Very good game though, time to restock on free MS point cards it seems:)

[quote name='musha666']Dammit. I always hope that I dont like these 1200 point titles. Very good game though, time to restock on free MS point cards it seems:)[/quote]

And how is that?

Played a bit last night before bed, awesome...loved every minute of it, the leveling up is awesome, learning new magic, finding new weapons. I'll try this with co-op tonight hopefully.

there's a good chance I'll be buying this. Just finished the demo and looking to see what the cag verdict was. sounds promising so far.

The game is really awesome. Lots of cool little secrets and nods to past franchises. However, I must say that while the online mode is fun, and nearly flawless, when it lags, it usually dies. All stuff you got in a level is not saved, so you basically have to restart to get the stuff you lost back. So disappointing, but not a major detractor. But the kicking while online is.

I'm level 21, have 5 of the achievements (and 2 towards K.I.S.S.). I also got to see the revival mini-game in action. Basically, it's kinda like...those NBA games where you shoot free throws. You gotta line it up, but you still revive them. But the closer you are to the center, the more health you regenerate.

started playing this morning with my wife, very fun game, exactly what i hoped for.
my daughter decided to go push the pretty green light on the 360 right as we were about to finish a boss.

Anybody know how many animals there are to collect?
Anyway, I'm level 10 with my Green Knight. This game is probably the most fun I've had in a long, long time.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Anybody know how many animals there are to collect?
Anyway, I'm level 10 with my Green Knight. This game is probably the most fun I've had in a long, long time.[/quote]

I believe there are 20... with something like 40 weapons in the game.

I played the trial for about 10 seconds and just bought the full version. :lol:

At last, a game that allows local co-op combined with online play. SO looking forward to playing through this with my wife and two other folks on Live.

Damn it. I actually have to go get a points card and come back and buy this. Just opened a new bank account and dont have a debit card yet.

Booooo!

I'm on the level where
You rescue the second (of 4) princesses.
. Dang, its the first time I've been up against a very difficult boss.
Playing as the Green Knight at level 14. I still have 2 hours before work, so I should be able to beat it.
Fantastic game.
Also, how do you dig for treasure? I noticed that was one of the achievements.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'm on the level where
Playing as the Green Knight at level 14. I still have 2 hours before work, so I should be able to beat it.
Fantastic game.
Also, how do you dig for treasure? I noticed that was one of the achievements.[/quote]

In response to your spoiler, I give...another spoiler:
No you don't
but yeah, that guy is a beast. I beat him as an Orange Knight at level 12.

Shit, I (level one) was playing with some guy (level 12!) and I kept getting my ass beat when it came time to
fight over a kiss from the princess.

Downloaded the demo this morning and purchased it when i got to the 1st boss. This game is badass and easily XBLA game of the year.

All you can Quaff!

[/quote]

just got there also. had a hard time w/ him so I went back to the kings arena. After u complete all the waves of enemies(7-8 waves) you unlock a new character. Im guessing its the same deal w/ the thieves arena. The character I got
was the dudes you fight in the kings arena(brown enemy w/ horned helmet).

I was fighting a guy for
the princesses kiss[/spoilerwhen I found out that he had potions. I would have one too if he didn't have any

Fantastic game.
Also, how do you dig for treasure? I noticed that was one of the achievements.[/quote]

Coax him into trying to pound you, and dodge it. This opens him up for attacks, just bash em and move away till he does it again. He does this 3 or 4 times, then throws his knifes at you, block em with your shield, and repeat. I went through 2 potions before I realized this. Good luck.

[quote name='Tybee']At last, a game that allows local co-op combined with online play. SO looking forward to playing through this with my wife and two other folks on Live.[/QUOTE]

I wanted to do the same, but you won't be able to do so unless your wife has live gold, which mine doesn't. Hope you have lots of 48 hour trials laying around.

Best game on XBLA so far.

I can actually see myself playing through the whole game many times with all the different characters.

Also, seems like there will be DLC for this as well. Have they revealed what it will be yet? Is it whole new levels or just some new characters?

[quote name='drbutchevil']
Coax him into trying to pound you, and dodge it. This opens him up for attacks, just bash em and move away till he does it again. He does this 3 or 4 times, then throws his knifes at you, block em with your shield, and repeat. I went through 2 potions before I realized this. Good luck.
[/quote]
Oh. I actually wasn't talking about this guy. I was talking about the boss before
At the wedding
. The guy your talking about was easy for me.
Where the heck are the
Relics you need to sail? I have 2 of 4 princesses rescued and every level complete EXCEPT for the place where a king has kidnapped some random girl-HARD ASS level. I have the first relic (randomly found at the Blacksmith area).

[quote name='SpazX']Man, sounds like it isn't worth the 1200 points....;)[/QUOTE]
If this isn't worth 1200 points then nothing will ever be worth 1200 for you

[quote name='MikeHoncho']How the hell do you kill
the cat fish
I take very little when attacking it[/quote]
I'll use a spoiler tag incase nobody wants to know:
Attack him a couple times, then he coughs up a hairball. When he tries to punch you move back and draw him towards the front of the ship. They'll shoot a cannon at him and he'll be stunned allowing for big damage. Then in his other mode stand in front of the ship and when he comes at you move out of the way and he'll hit the ship, causing for more damage. Good luck!

[quote name='Azumangaman']I'll use a spoiler tag incase nobody wants to know:
Attack him a couple times, then he coughs up a hairball. When he tries to punch you move back and draw him towards the front of the ship. They'll shoot a cannon at him and he'll be stunned allowing for big damage. Then in his other mode stand in front of the ship and when he comes at you move out of the way and he'll hit the ship, causing for more damage. Good luck!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the help. Finished him off pretty fast with the tips

[quote name='ananag112']Best game on XBLA so far.

[/QUOTE]

Im going to wait til I finish the game but so far it seems like it will be one of my favorites easily. Puzzle Quest and Hexic HD got a lot of hours of play out of it but this may beat them both out.

If every game were this good I would be broke very quickly.

It may be just me but this is as good as you will ever get to having a great sequel to Golden Axe.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I take it this is still worth a purchase even if you don't plan on playing online much?[/QUOTE]
Much harder by yourself but still very enjoyable. You can always have a friend grab a control and join you

[quote name='KaneRobot']I take it this is still worth a purchase even if you don't plan on playing online much?[/quote]

I'm with him.

Currently I have no gold so this is either a buy it now or buy it later type of thing..so?

[quote name='MikeHoncho']Much harder by yourself but still very enjoyable. You can always have a friend grab a control and join you[/quote]

Alright sweet...does it reach cheap territory though? (dont reply in spoilers...just general stuff)

[quote name='Foo228']I'm with him.

Currently I have no gold so this is either a buy it now or buy it later type of thing..so?

Alright sweet...does it reach cheap territory though? (dont reply in spoilers...just general stuff)[/quote]

If you have others to play with offline, I would say yes.

[quote name='RawisJericho']If you have others to play with offline, I would say yes.[/quote]

Alright. Looks like my next $40 are going to gs for a used controller then. :cool:

Demo time.

[quote name='zewone']The shitty online really tarnishes this game.[/QUOTE]
Umm, it just came out so the online is bound to be swamped. Do some of you guys never remember from past experiences? Almost every single game that comes out is horrible at the launch with online but it later gets fixed

/shrug

I've been strictly playing with friends and I haven't had a problem for 19 levels. All of us have our ports open and manual network settings too though.

bread's done
Back