XBLA - Castle Crashers - 1200pts - Necromatic DLC 160pts 8/26

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I may be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but I think if you want to unlock a character, it has to be you playing it by yourself (single player). Again, someone correct me if I am wrong, since I'm bullshitting out my ass.

Edit: Also, I would dream, one day, of multiplayer Capture The Flag on Castle Crashers. However, I know it's not going to happen on new DLC pack since its development is almost done. If only Castle Crashers supported up to 16 people, CTF would be so badass.[/quote]
That sounds so awesome. I'm getting excited for something that might not even happen. :lol:

Sorry if this was answered already, but
once you have the horn what do you do with it? I mean I already got the hawk with it, but does it have another use and if so where do I use it? Thanks.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Sorry if this was answered already, but
once you have the horn what do you do with it? I mean I already got the hawk with it, but does it have another use and if so where do I use it? Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

To open up that big stone door to move on more into the game. Also to get another Animal in the snow level.

[quote name='Autumn Star']Sorry if this was answered already, but
[/quote]

To accidentally switch to and use in battle so you get your ass beaten while you stand there blowing a horn like an idiot

[quote name='SpazX']
To accidentally switch to and use in battle so you get your ass beaten while you stand there blowing a horn like an idiot
[/quote]

Good times, it's even worse with the shovel.

Right now i have the Blue Knight at level 18. Im on
the cyclops' fortress. Right now i tried twice and got to the boss once. But i died.

There was a glitch for me in
the Wedding Crash level. At the boss with the organ. The first time i got to him i died really quick. The second time i got to him i threw him near the bottom right of the screen and he just stayed in that throwing motion. Like i was throwing him over and over without him being able to get a chance to counter. Even if i walked away from the area. He finally died when i froze him and let him thaw out to die. It was strange.

[quote name='menikmati']Good times, it's even worse with the shovel.[/QUOTE]

Ha, I actually like knocking enemies off the mounts with the shovel.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Right now i have the Blue Knight at level 18. Im on
the cyclops' fortress. Right now i tried twice and got to the boss once. But i died.

There was a glitch for me in
the Wedding Crash level. At the boss with the organ. The first time i got to him i died really quick. The second time i got to him i threw him near the bottom right of the screen and he just stayed in that throwing motion. Like i was throwing him over and over without him being able to get a chance to counter. Even if i walked away from the area. He finally died when i froze him and let him thaw out to die. It was strange.
[/QUOTE]

Both times I've fought that boss he's glitched for me.

In response to glitch:
There was one time where I did a hell of a massive air juggle combo on him, and when I was done, it kept doing damage to him in the air. At the time, I was confused and didn't take advantage of the situation (maybe it was giving me EXP). Anyhow, I just used boomerang to get him back to land. There's a couple glitches in-game, like Thieves Forest, at the cliff. If you walk off the cliff you'll start walking on the background, etc..

[quote name='Chronotrigga']In response to glitch:
There was one time where I did a hell of a massive air juggle combo on him, and when I was done, it kept doing damage to him in the air. At the time, I was confused and didn't take advantage of the situation (maybe it was giving me EXP). Anyhow, I just used boomerang to get him back to land. There's a couple glitches in-game, like Thieves Forest, at the cliff. If you walk off the cliff you'll start walking on the background, etc..
[/quote]

Yeah thats what happened to me. I wish i would have let him keep juggling for some extra EXP.

I just did it again, and it stopped after a while by itself. I dunno if it was helping my EXP or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an image floating around of the King and Necromancer on one of the levels...can anyone link me to that pic? I can't seem to find it now.

When you go into the weapons area, and look at their stats they give, some have little skull icons, or flames near the bottom center of the stats menu that pops up. What do these mean?

Whats a good strategy against beefy enemies? I try to hit them but they always grab and throw me. When i eat a sandwich, all that does is make us do some lock up battle that really doesnt do anything except throw them to the ground, and then you go to hit them while on the ground and you end up back in the lock up again.

I commonly kite them and use magic or my bow . You could try the boomerang that might stun them long enough to get a few hits.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Whats a good strategy against beefy enemies? I try to hit them but they always grab and throw me. When i eat a sandwich, all that does is make us do some lock up battle that really doesnt do anything except throw them to the ground, and then you go to hit them while on the ground and you end up back in the lock up again.[/QUOTE]

Anything ranged. I typically use the ranged magic attack, but I lean magic-heavy on most of my characters.

Beefy Characters:

If you're melee, when you're kind of in front of them, jump and start hitting them. Don't actually air juggle them (meaning, don't jump and move left or right while you're hitting them). Stay in one spot, jump, and start pressing X or Y. You'll usually get around 3-4 melee hits until they either get knocked down or you land back down. If you land back down, run away and repeat.

I just finished the game. Overall it was a fun game and worth 15 bucks. I only used one character so far. Blue Knight, got to level 49 with him so far.

The ending...
was pretty stupid. After a while i noticed they werent showing that one girls face. But i expected her to just look ugly, or have a mustache, or something. Not a clown...that was worse than i expected.

The Necromancer was the hardest, just because of all the enemies and the ground was full of dead bodies, you could barely tell where anyone was, let alone yourself. The last boss was cool, many waves of different stuff, but wasnt hard really.

Did it at all explain through the game the new or different magic moves? I learned of the Ice ball move (B) after a while and didnt realize (A) was a jumping ice move till late in the game. I know you cant do them till you get to a certain level of magic power. But i dont remember them explaining to me that i had acquired a new move.

I dont know where the boomerang is, anyone care to tell me? I need it to help upgrade some characters.

They don't tell you magic moves. Here is how to acquire the boomerang:

To first acquire boomerang, you need the "Cardinal" animal orb. You should already have it since it's found in Industrial Castle. If you don't have it, go through Industrial Castle again and it's out in the open.. you can't miss it.

To get the boomerang, you should go to Thieves Forest. The boomerang is where the owl is, who starts pooping white shit all over the place. The boomerang is under the owl, and the cardinal will bring it out to you. You need the cardinal to get boomerang.

Jigsaw, I just checked the devblog on Behemoth and they didn't say anything about it yet except that it's being worked on. Their current devblog post is about new Castle Crashers fanart which is actually pretty cool. If you have some spare minutes, I'd recommend checking it out. http://www.thebehemoth.com/ (obviously)

Those paper figures actually look cool, and I'd rather make it myself and put it on my desk then spend $15 on the real ones. I like the paper ones better anyway. But yeah, don't think anything was mentioned on release of update. Currently, it's being worked on ASAP I think.

[quote name='jigsawhc']Has there been any word on when the update will release?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. I really hope they release it soon though. I'd hate for such a good game to lose its momentum because of this problem. Saints Row had the exact same issue. By te time they released the patch it was too late. Everyone had moved on...

[quote name='yukine']They need to get a move on it, I haven't played online in fear of me losing my progress.[/quote]

Same here, and i bet my month of live will run out before there is a patch. :(

Just finished the game with a friend over live. Really fun.

Except I go the achievement for finishing it and unlocked a character, but he didn't get either. Is this a known issue where only the host gets rewards? That's kind of gay.

The only stage you can skip is Full Moon in single player. If you exit the level on the first go, it lets you pass. I did so when I was anxious to finish up with my Industrial Knight.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just finished the game with a friend over live. Really fun.

Except I go the achievement for finishing it and unlocked a character, but he didn't get either. Is this a known issue where only the host gets rewards? That's kind of gay.[/QUOTE]
That's happened to me. I got into a game started by someone else and we got the steering wheel for the ship on that volcano. Well, the next time I started up the game I had to go back and do that all over again.

[quote name='CouRageouS']The only stage you can skip is Full Moon in single player. If you exit the level on the first go, it lets you pass. I did so when I was anxious to finish up with my Industrial Knight.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you can skip Full Moon. I died the first time around and didn't bother continuing. The next time I load up the game I didn't have to play through Full Moon, but I did anyway.

[quote name='Littlefields']Big WTF at the Beach ball game. It's impossible to win by yourself.[/QUOTE]

Very easy, actually... hit the ball, run over, and attack the people on the other side by the line.

The ball will fall down, and you'll get a point.

Rinse & repeat.

I didnt like the volleyball game at first, well i still dont, but i can pass it on my own. I kept losing at first, but eventually beat it. Its just hard sometimes to know how high or low the ball will be when its coming to your side.

[quote name='Littlefields']Big WTF at the Beach ball game. It's impossible to win by yourself.[/quote]

I've never had a problem with it alone. Do what the others said: hit the ball, attack the guys, and it's cake.

[quote name='Littlefields']Big WTF at the Beach ball game. It's impossible to win by yourself.[/QUOTE]

I had trouble at first because I didn't know where the ball would land. My tips:

1. Jump attack the ball. The ball will most like go out of reach for the other team.

2. After you hit the ball, try attacking the other team so they can't hit it back.

3. When the ball is coming to you, pay attention to it's shadow so you can hit it before it lands.

[quote name='Littlefields']Big WTF at the Beach ball game. It's impossible to win by yourself.[/quote]

Are you serious!? That's the easiest part of the game, I don't know why you're having trouble with it.

Any news of all the bugs in Castle Crashers being fixed yet? I'd really like to buy this game, but with reports of people losing save files or messing up or other things Ive decided to hold off....so any patch yet?

I don't think so. They're working on the patch ASAP, as we hear. So far, my online experience has been fine.. my characters haven't reset yet and I have like 5 wins. I met a guy who had like 40+ wins and he said his character didn't get reset either. So.. who knows.

Online for me is the opposite. Unplayable at every level. I have yet to play through a single stage without being disconnected and being told the game I joined is unavailable.

I tried twice with two different friends, totaling up about 23 attempts to play the game via Live. 9 attempts couldn't even make it to the character select screen, 5 attempts couldn't even make it to the stage to play at, and the rest made it to a transition point where it advance to the next portion of the stage...not the scrolling transition, but the actual walk off the right screen, blank out, appear at the next area to the left. That's where the majority of failure's took place. It's almost as if all four people aren't completely "perfect" with regards to connection, it just gives up immediately and drops them from the game. The trouble is it isn't kicking people with legitimately bad connections. My line is great with regards to speed. And I have NEVER been disconnected from any other games I play via Live(GTA4, Uno, Worms) so it can't be my end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've only been able to get into an arena game and a co-op game. I ended up getting disconnected from the co-op game, though I was still connected to Live. 99% of the time the game freezes whenever I try to get into a Live game. I've never had this kind of trouble getting into a game on Live.

[quote name='joe2187']Here's hoping the DLC will be free as an Apology to fugging up the Online and the saving issues.

*Cries*[/QUOTE]

Not if M$ has anything to say about it.

I think the beach ball game is one of the most frustrating things in this game. Next to the 2nd to last boss fight. I mean its hard to tell where the ball lands, and you just happen to me a millimeter up or down from where it lands. Then if the ball is too far on your side, and you hit it, and it hits your side before even going over the line that is a point for the other team. Yes you can score points for THEM!

^^^^ seriously?

I've played the game through at least 4 times and i have never lost the volleyball game. It would be cool to play it on online vs.

Here's a tip though, try hitting them if they get to close to the line.

bread's done
Back