XBLA - Death Tank - 1200pts - 2/18

[quote name='foxdvd'][quote name='huanglong']

MAN you REALLY love this game. You would think it was your child auditioning for American Idol or something.[/quote]

lol i really do! if you ever played Death Tank Zwei on the saturn you would probably feel like i do.

I wish it was free, but, it's not and i don't really care about 15bucks that much. I paid 65 for streetfighter today too. i bet i'll proably have more fun on Death Tank than SF4. I can't help it, I love games, I love cheap games even more so that's why for me 15 seems like nothing. Sure i could wait until SF4 cost 30 in 1 year, but, naaahhhhhhhhhh. These multiplayer games really need to be played when they come out otherwise you really don't get much bang for your buck!

Well, I checked the numbers on 360voice.com. First day purchases of Death Tank : 201. That's a complete bust, by their numbers. For comparison, 3 on 3 NHL had 764 last week. Worms? It had 12,345 on it's first day. Yeah, consumers! You told MS to stuff their high price point right where the sun doesn't shine. I hope they listen. And I hope huanglong has a good time playing Death Tank with those few individuals like him who didn't think it was absurdly overpriced.

[quote name='Decker']Yeah, consumers! You told MS to stuff their high price point right where the sun doesn't shine. I hope they listen.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft doesn't choose the prices for third-party XBLA games, idiot.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Microsoft doesn't set the prices for XBLA games, dumbass.[/quote]

True, but I bet they have a lot to do with "pushing" the publishers on price. Only 1 or 2 games come out each week, and I am sure Microsoft has some say in this process.

Also, the review on ign was great....5.5 out of 10...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
:booty:

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Microsoft doesn't choose the prices for third-party XBLA games, idiot.[/QUOTE]
You think the publishers get to pick the prices whatever they want? That if they want everyone to buy their game they can ask for a 300 point price and MS would be okay with it? You think if they want to drop prices to boost revenue, that MS has no say? I'd watch who you call an idiot, buddy.

Me and my friend just played through a 20 round multiplayer match.

I was in the lead 85% of the time, but I fucked up at the end and my friend pulled through and won.:bomb:

I really liked playing multiplayer, but the game does not have enough variation to warrant a 15 dollar purchase from me. I was hoping for a game similar to this old PC tank game I used to play called Pocket Tanks. Pocket Tanks had tons of different weapons. Death Tank on the other hand has a lot less of a focus on having a lot of different weapons, which leads to less variation per match.

[quote name='Decker']You think the publishers get to pick the prices whatever they want? That if they want everyone to buy their game they can ask for a 300 point price and MS would be okay with it? You think if they want to drop prices to boost revenue, that MS has no say? I'd watch who you call an idiot, buddy.[/QUOTE]

There are set pricing levels (400 points, 800 points, 1200 points, etc), which are defined by Microsoft, but Microsoft does not tell third-parties which of the price levels to sell their games at.

I am careful with who I call an "idiot," and you are continuing to prove that you fit the bill.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Well I know for a fact that Braid's theme was supposed to be free but Microsoft didn't agree.[/QUOTE]

Themes =/= games.

And regardless, bad argument. MS has only allowed an XBLA game to be free on, what, one special occasion?

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Themes =/= games.

And regardless, bad argument. MS has only allowed an XBLA game to be free on, what, one special occasion?[/QUOTE]

twice, Undertow was free after the 07 Christmas meltdown and Casserone was free before that

Nobody said this game should be free, just less. Despite what the publisher may request, MS has final say in pricing of XBLA games. If they didn't, why would Penny Arcade, Part 1 be 1600 points on XBLA and $14.99 on PSN. Or, for that matter, why is Zuma 400 points in XBLA and yet $9.99 in PSN? It used to be that there was a ceiling of 800 points for almost every game (for the longest time, the only 1200 point games were Bankshot Billiards and Lumines Live; both have since dropped in price). Now it seems some one is getting more comfortable with a higher price point. All I was saying is that I'm glad that apparently consumers are drawing the line on games that are clearly, obviously overpriced.

Does anyone know if this game's sales were crap? Any official figures? I know it got bashed pretty good for it's price. Just curious. I would have bought it for 800 or less, I thought the demo was pretty fun. Problem is now even if it goes on sale I would pass because I doubt it would create enough of a buzz to get a good community going.

[quote name='fart_bubble']twice, Undertow was free after the 07 Christmas meltdown and Casserone was free before that[/QUOTE]

(1) Texas Hold 'Em not long after launch
(2) Carcassone was free for the 5th Anniversary
(3) Aegis Wing was released for free. Game was made by interns.
(4) Yaris was released as free advertising (Yaris)
(5) Undertow was free after the server issue
(6) Dash of Destruction was released as free advertising (Doritos)

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']Does anyone know if this game's sales were crap? Any official figures? I know it got bashed pretty good for it's price. Just curious. I would have bought it for 800 or less, I thought the demo was pretty fun. Problem is now even if it goes on sale I would pass because I doubt it would create enough of a buzz to get a good community going.[/QUOTE]

While not complete date, 360voice.com will give a relative peek into game sales. You can see how many members bought the game on the first day and compare that to other games for a rough idea of hit or flop.

Dath Tank sold 201 on the first day -- that's not good. 9 members played yesterday, so good luck finding a good online match. For comparison, Peggle sold 2386 and was the rare game that went UP from there to a max number of 3029. The Dishwasher sold 1169 yesterday. Can't get a read on Family Game Night because of the weird way they sold that game with the free front end. Anyway, to answer your question : Didn't sell well at all. Get Worms instead.

[quote name='[B']CoffeeEdge[/B]]And regardless, bad argument. MS has only allowed an XBLA game to be free on, what, one special occasion?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MrNEWZ'](1) Texas Hold 'Em not long after launch
(2) Carcassone was free for the 5th Anniversary
(3) Aegis Wing was released for free. Game was made by interns.
(4) Yaris was released as free advertising (Yaris)
(5) Undertow was free after the server issue
(6) Dash of Destruction was released as free advertising (Doritos)[/quote]

pwned:applause: Yea lets hope this game goes to the bargain bin down the line.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Microsoft doesn't choose the prices for third-party XBLA games, idiot.[/quote]

Actually, they pretty much do. That's why you don't see a lot of free DLC on the Marketplace (almost any free DLC is sponsored via advertisement). I am moving towards PC gaming, since most developers are still offering Map Packs for free to PC gamers. That and mod tools. You can get so much more value and game content out of PC games, the platform is just more expensive.

I'd rather put my money into a gaming rig, than lining MS's greedy pockets.

This game is overpriced. I'm sure that a majority of the multiplayer community is probably on demos. In fact, you could just make new gamertags and get another 60 minutes for free lol.

bread's done
Back