XBLA - Doom - 800pts

Come to think of it, I wish it was Wolfenstein 3-D... or maybe Duke Nukem, or something.

Still, I'll take it.

I have Doom 3 CE, though.

Oh what the fuck, it has multiplayer, i'll get it.

I'd love to see Duke Nukem on there as well.. and Wolfenstein. I loved that game.

The original Doom is rumoured to be seeing a release later today, with a much higher resolution, 5.1 sound, 4 player split-screen co-op, and on and offline multiplayer, all for the comparitvely low price of 800mp. Whilst this may seem a bit disappointing to some who were expecting a new IP, I'm sure the multiplayer and achievements will be enough to sway a lot of people into buying it.

If this is true I will be grabbing a points card today... Doom is one awesome game in MP. They seem to be going the extra mile on this one instead of just dropping a straight up port.

It's no Doom 2, hell I wish it was The Ultimate Doom (which was a better version of Doom) but for 800 points I'll get it for sure.

If this does really well I imagine other people will hop on board with their FPS's, kind of like how Capcom's success of SF 2 prompted SNK to give us Fatal Fury.

Maybe this will be better than Doom 3 on LIVE...I thought Doom 3 was a bit off. This has potential, I would love to see Duke Nukem though....maybe they'll give us that until Duke Nukem Forever hits ;)

[quote name='Morpheus']They should get Bungie's old FPS's up on XBLA as well.[/QUOTE]

I'd love to play the Marathon and Pathways Into Darkness series again, but I'm afraid (or is that certain?) they haven't held up well.

damn i used to love playing this game on xband snes back in the day even tho it was glitchy as hell

can't wait to grab it

If you guys want to play Doom online for free (assuming you have the PC games or know where to "find" them), just hit up ZDaemon. People STILL play this gem.

It's up now. It holds pretty true to the original (almost perfect infact). Multiplayer coop is nice. Not really sure if it's worth $10.

[quote name='MrX']a little OT but any deals on points so I can get this fine game?[/quote]

Best bet is get a best buy gamer gift card, use the $5 off coupon on the back and buy the 1600 point card for $19.99 - $5 off = $14.99

[quote name='MrX']a little OT but any deals on points so I can get this fine game?[/QUOTE]

If you were serious about crushing capitalism, you would just steal one.

Wow. Best news ever. DooM is my all-time favorite game. Can anyone answer some questions, please? I don't get off work for 3 hours and am dying to know.

Can you do Nightmare co-op? You couldn't on the Xbox version.

What are the achievements?

Leaderboards? Are they skill-based in any way or simply a matter of how much you play?

How are the visuals in HD? Any better, or barely noticeable?

Is the speed just a bit too fast, like in the Xbox version?

Thanks a bunch!

(...pomg! DooM on Xbox Live!!)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Best bet is get a best buy gamer gift card, use the $5 off coupon on the back and buy the 1600 point card for $19.99 - $5 off = $14.99[/quote]

Would love to but the nearest bb is an hour and a half away. I may be cheap but not that cheap......

Just finished trying it out and it brung back a lot of memories. I'll definitely have to get another MP points card to get this classic.

Official info:

• Gameplay: Experience all the classic DOOMand DOOM II levels, monsters, and weapons. Play the entire single-player game solo or in co-op mode via split screen or over Xbox Live.
  • Multiplayer: Play up to four-player deathmatch, either in split-screen or on Xbox Live. Earn achievements and check the leaderboards for the high scores.
  • Next-generation features: With 1080i HD support, 5.1 Surround Sound, and smooth textures, this is DOOM for the next generation.
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/d/doomxboxlivearcade/default.htm

Today would have been an awesome day to call in sick. Damn I hate being stuck here at work.

Wait, what the fuck? It's Doom 1 AND Doom 2????

Wow! I'm definitely picking up a points card on the way to school tommorrow.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Best bet is get a best buy gamer gift card, use the $5 off coupon on the back and buy the 1600 point card for $19.99 - $5 off = $14.99[/QUOTE]

My best buy has been out of point cards for over two months now. And they tell me their computers say the warehouse is out too, without a date of new arrivals.

The more I read, the more I think I will buy this game. Playing 4 player co-op over live with friends just sounds damn fun for $10. I have been bitching a lot lately about the lack of co-op live games, so I feel I need to support this one.

I bought it and love it....Doom fan...I got all the Doom games, except the one for the jaguar...yes, I even have the one for the 32X...so I have to get this one.

[quote name='thrustbucket']My best buy has been out of point cards for over two months now. And they tell me their computers say the warehouse is out too, without a date of new arrivals.[/quote]

That sucks man, my nearby BB have tons of them.

wow, i got 1200 MS points left

not a big doom fan since i barely playeed it before, did get doom 3 recently for xbox

so 800 for this and 400 for UNO...good deal or better to wait for other games?

hell the doom 3 CE costs only about 10-15$ now anyways just get that. I guess online is pretty nice but ive been looking for a CE for awhile now at $10 so i think ill pass on this. (if anyone has a doom 3 ce for xbox for $10 let me know!)

[quote name='s3v3n777']I bought it and love it....Doom fan...I got all the Doom games, except the one for the jaguar...yes, I even have the one for the 32X...so I have to get this one.[/QUOTE]

Does it really include both Doom 1 and 2?

[quote name='jakescape53']hell the doom 3 CE costs only about 10-15$ now anyways just get that. I guess online is pretty nice but ive been looking for a CE for awhile now at $10 so i think ill pass on this. (if anyone has a doom 3 ce for xbox for $10 let me know!)[/QUOTE]

i got doo 3 from TRU awhile ago for $10, i think CC might have it there too

[quote name='Roufuss']Does it really include both Doom 1 and 2?[/QUOTE]

if it does i can't find the doom 2 levels

maybe i'm missing something

I love the way the default screen size is smaller than the picture; they used to do that on the Sega Saturn (or was it Ps1) to keep the framerate up, but on the 360, WTF?

[quote name='DesertEagleXIX']I love the way the default screen size is smaller than the picture; they used to do that on the Sega Saturn (or was it Ps1) to keep the framerate up, but on the 360, WTF?[/quote]If it starts out with a little bit of that green border around the screen, then it's reminiscent of the first time you boot up Doom or Doom 2 on the PC. They both defaulted to that, but saved whatever else you set it to after the first play.

Wait a minute, playing the original doom on a $400 console is supposed to be exciting?

So far x06 has been a little bit of a let down, personally.

I'll be happy when they say something about Lumines Live.

[quote name='JDMxB']Wait a minute, playing the original doom on a $400 console is supposed to be exciting?

So far x06 has been a little bit of a let down, personally.

I'll be happy when they say something about Lumines Live.[/QUOTE]
Playing a PSP game on a $400 console is supposed to be exciting?

I don't fault people for being excited about this...I'm far more interested in the "real" games they have coming, but Doom is a nice appetizer.

bread's done
Back