XBLA - Galaga Legions - 800pts

Galaga Legions is fun, and that's a good thing. It really does make Galaga relevant once again. I dig the satellites. They add a nice element to game play.

I kind of like the demo, but I don't think I would buy the full copy. I really like the look of it when you turn the vintage graphics on. The presentation really reminds me of Space Invaders Extreme with the trippy backgrounds and vaguely robotic female voice in the background. I do like these inventive remakes of classic games. I can't wait for Space Invaders Get Even on WiiWare.

I haven't tried the demo but from the video I saw this doesn't look like Galaga at all. Still looks cool though and I'm definitely going to check it out. There seems like a ton of good XBLA games coming out regularly now... I just bought Braid and GW2 and I'm thinking about Bionic Commando and now this!

after trying the demo, i pulled the trigger on the full game. Setting up the satellites makes the game pretty interesting. Feels like classic galaga with some sweet new gameplay mechanics. I can barely make it to the second level, but thumbs up anyway.

I chose this game over Bionic Commando. I like how it feels like Galaga, but yet it is nothing like it all at the same time. It really seems like using satelites is going to be key to being good at this game.

I say it is worth 800 points...but just barely. I bought a ton of points at 25% off, so I look at it like a 600 point purchase.

I'm really regretting my purchase. The demo and the first level were great fun, but after that it just becomes way too infuriating and i'm not having any fun.

wow...just...wow. One of the rare times a game makes me go WHAT THE fuck IS GOING ON! when all'a sudden they start looping around the screen and shit. Love it, but not too sure 800 pts love it... Doesn't seem like there'd be a ton more than what's playable in the demo.

fuck it, I'll prolly get it anyway, since I have a shitton of pts on the cheap

what other skins do you get? I liked the demo but there was too much background music.
It's weird how lumines has had a suttle effect on other games with the skins concept.

I was kinda iffy based on the demo like you guys, but I pulled the trigger anyway. I'm glad I did. It's just as addicting as Pac-Man: CE.

I dunno I found this one ok but nothing amazing. The satillites are nice but I'd rather have castle crashers and geo wars2 I think *shrug*.

Demo was decent. Seems a bit better than Space Invaders Extreme which got old and Goozexed after a month. This is a bit more exciting with being able to move across the scream and the graphics being pretty damn good.

Still doubt I'll buy it though as I lose interest in shooters too fast.

I bought the game after reading all the praise in this thread and I love it so far. Game is very addicting. I haven't played too much of the other versions so this is a whole new experience for me.

[quote name='javeryh']I'm definitely on the fence with this one. I liked the demo I guess but it was confusing.[/quote]

I thought the demo was weird too. Really didn't feel like Galaga at all IMO.

I love this game. Played a lot this weekend. All I need to do now is beat adventure mode in one playthrough. I can get to level 4 but I have not yet passed it. Level 3 is a pain. I need to practice it more on championship mode.

[quote name='Corvin']I haven't made it past level 3 yet. It absolutely kicks my ass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I personally think level three is the hardest in the game. Level 4 is pretty simple and level five is a breeze until you get to the last boss. If I can master level 3 i should be able to complete adventure mode as long a I have a few guys for the last boss. Just a little more practice. :cool:

I bought the Namco Musem form the Gamestop sale and I have to change my opinion about Galaga Legions. It is amazing! Now that I know how to really use the satellites I'm having a blast. I'm going to play the hell out of this when I get home tonight.

I also picked up Namco Museum yesterday. I remember playing the trial for the game when it came out. I didn't buy it, but now I need to get some play time in with it.

I picked up the namco collection recently as well. Glad I waited on this so I could get it cheap. This one is not easy at all.

bread's done
Back