XBLA Game Cards in stores.

Damian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Searched and didn't find anything, but it's a vague topic to look for.

I was at Target today and I saw two pegs of XBLA cards for specific games. They had a $4.99 peg of Uno and Geometry Wars and a $9.99 peg of Worms, Texas Hold 'Em and one more I can't recall. These were FastCards like the current point cards but were specific to one game.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Hmm... interesting. This could get very interesting once those go on clearance 0.o[/quote]

Or expire;)

Hmmm, this could be interesting. But I would bet it is more for people looking for Holidays gifts, and so this just makes it easy to pick out a nice cheap gift for gamers.

I saw new 1600pts cards and XBL cards at Target as well. This time they are activated at the time of purchase unlike before, I'm guessing that theft was an issue as always. They also have these new skins for controllers, they are official MS accessories:
1110072017aju2.jpg

1110072018aki4.jpg

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I saw new 1600pts cards and XBL cards at Target as well. This time they are activated at the time of purchase unlike before, I'm guessing that theft was an issue as always.[/quote]
What do you mean activated at the time of purchase? As in I have to give my gamertag and it's applied right at the store? Or do you mean that a card is activated at the time of purchasing, meaning it's code is now useable?

Activated as in, the code won't work if you don't purchase the card. The same way prepaid cell cards work.

[quote name='Ryukahn']What do you mean activated at the time of purchase? As in I have to give my gamertag and it's applied right at the store?[/quote]

it's so no fuck heads steal the cards from the pegs and takes off with them or some how copy down the numbers.

Linkin, I *think* I saw those yesterday at my target... hmm.. could this be like the Wii Mote condoms? Giving it some protection? Every once and awhile I drop my wireless controller, and it would be nice to have some sort of padding :|

bread's done
Back