XBLA - Garou: Mark Of The Wolves - 800pts - 6/24

fart_bubble

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
from Gamerbytes

We got a glimpse of it thanks to the Korean rating board, but now it's official -- Fatal Fury: Mark Of The Wolves is Coming to the Xbox Live Arcade.

This fighting game was the last of the Fatal Fury series, released back in 1999 for the Arcades and Dreamcast. It's known for having pushed the Neo Geo to its limits, as well as being quite the quality title.

Famitsu talking about it
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1223634_1124.html?ref=rss

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/g/garoumofwxbla/default.htm

JN7BIM35o2vDoj4yRk2RMCfs16i9Igq4.jpg

MOnf126I464m95tFl5EkQi421q44unFy.jpg

YOrQ46Y2U564rlcL5u35u27dSiS5F591.jpg

ldVhYeKTF82MQ82vcirkdD7Yja92rKP5.jpg

YwdpB4R25ufXoEmSDq9zsliDwn6QNmoR.jpg

rAECXXKgF2USaOU16W286ahBa4nj7PK6.jpg

gZQKSbPa5V9aw6vCt73JPoK9xKscOAlp.jpg

EH2Zjf6tXmuHfhSAn46C41gk89nE8TLy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaseyRyback']Best news EVER. Even better news than MvC2.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'm stoked to see quite a few fighting games make it to the download services

I hope they clean it up, and add online play. Others wise I will just stick with my DC copy. Hell just add online play really.

XBLA - The most varied, consistent SNK play I've gotten to experience since the late 90s, lol.

I was in love with the game on Dreamcast, and SNK's "Thank you all, with Love!" When you beat the game was rather sad! You can tell they expected the coming bankruptcy...

This is a great game to have coming (hopefully) alongside KoFXII!And SO perfect to use with the T.E Stick! It's like a gaming event of awesomeness or something... ^_^

"ARE YOU OKAY!?" Yes, yes Terry, I can finally say, "I AM!" BUSTA WULF: Still one of the coolest supers in fighting games, and still animated at it's 2D best in this game!

I have this for the DC, I got it since I knew there would be gems that the general game fans would miss in the final days of the DC.

Didn't the US version we got for the DC edited for content? I could swear back in the day people said the import version was more violent.

I wonder what version XBLA is going to get.

[quote name='KingDox']I have this for the DC, I got it since I knew there would be gems that the general game fans would miss in the final days of the DC.

Didn't the US version we got for the DC edited for content? I could swear back in the day people said the import version was more violent.

I wonder what version XBLA is going to get.[/quote]

Dangit, I do not remember the real differences! Between my friend and myself, we had the US release and the Import. Now, I KNOW in Last Blade II's case, the Censorship not only removed the "fatalities", but also removed Hibiki's entire 2nd ending, since she couldn't change emotionally from KILLING anyone now.

I don't remember FF: MOTW having anything that bad. I think there might have been some sound issues in the port, and the Stupidity of Marco Rodriguez being renamed to Kushnood Butt.... And Tizoc VS Griffin Mask... don't remember if there was Blood censorship or not...

Bah, can't even find anything online listing the differences...

Well, Samurai Shodown II had the violence intact on XBLA, so I'd hope we'd get the most complete version of MOTW, too!

[quote name='SAB-CA']Dangit, I do not remember the real differences! Between my friend and myself, we had the US release and the Import. Now, I KNOW in Last Blade II's case, the Censorship not only removed the "fatalities", but also removed Hibiki's entire 2nd ending, since she couldn't change emotionally from KILLING anyone now.

I don't remember FF: MOTW having anything that bad. I think there might have been some sound issues in the port, and the Stupidity of Marco Rodriguez being renamed to Kushnood Butt.... And Tizoc VS Griffin Mask... don't remember if there was Blood censorship or not...

Bah, can't even find anything online listing the differences...

Well, Samurai Shodown II had the violence intact on XBLA, so I'd hope we'd get the most complete version of MOTW, too![/QUOTE]

Crap that's right, I'm thinking of Last Blade. I knew there was a DC fighting game that had a edited US edition.

Hell at the rate the 360 is getting old DC games (rez, Voot, MvC2) we might see it get last blade too.

Not a big SNK fighter fan but I did like this one. Plus it has a guy named Butt in it, so I may buy it even though I still have the DC one.

Garou: MARK.....OF THE WOLVES!

Thanks to the PC, I've got to play this with my T.E Stick... and that just makes me look forward to the XBLA release even more! Going back and trying to get into the depth of the game, I'm going to have a very good time trying to prove the power of the Kushnood! (Can I just call him Marco? At least then, I can take him seriously. WHO NAMES THEIR CHILD KUSHNOOD BUTT!???!)

Of all the SNK fighters on XBLA, this will be the most modern and relevant. Layers upon layers of solid gameplay systems and techniques... Hope the netcode is a step-up from previous SNK offerings! (Anyone notice Garou is published and produced by SNKP? Other SNK games were developed by other companies...)

Yeap this is the year of the fighters! Yay!

Day 1 purchase at 800, if they pull a 1200 I will have to kill someone ( I still never got Sam Shodown cuz of that point fiasco).

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeap this is the year of the fighters! Yay!

Day 1 purchase at 800, if they pull a 1200 I will have to kill someone ( I still never got Sam Shodown cuz of that point fiasco).[/QUOTE]

1up's post says both titles coming out tomorrow are gonna be 800 points!

And speaking of which, I had completely forgotten this was coming out! I figured we wouldn't get any solid titles until the Summer of Arcade started, especially considering how solid the past few weeks have been. This is one instance where I'm so happy to be proven wrong!

If they get Crazy Taxi on XBLA, I wouldn't really have a need for my Dreamcast anymore...sheesh the hits just keep on coming.

[quote name='Megaten']1up's post says both titles coming out tomorrow are gonna be 800 points!

And speaking of which, I had completely forgotten this was coming out! I figured we wouldn't get any solid titles until the Summer of Arcade started, especially considering how solid the past few weeks have been. This is one instance where I'm so happy to be proven wrong!

If they get Crazy Taxi on XBLA, I wouldn't really have a need for my Dreamcast anymore...sheesh the hits just keep on coming.[/QUOTE]

Droplitz looks pretty good. I'm not a huge fighting game person, but I might have to bite on Garou.

Can't wait for this. I'll be looking for some friendly matches later this week.

[quote name='SAB-CA']Anyone notice Garou is published and produced by SNKP? Other SNK games were developed by other companies...)[/QUOTE]

This was one of the games made near their collapse it would make sense to see the SNKP.

[quote name='Rodimus']This was one of the games made near their collapse it would make sense to see the SNKP.[/QUOTE]

Just to make sure I'm clear, I mean to say, this is the first game I've seen from SNKP on XBLA that says they're the publisher, on the website, any who.

On XBLA, it says "Xbox Live Arcade" published it.

I'm just wondering if this denotes a raise in quality publishing, or maybe a different take on features... who knows. Guess we all will in just a few hours!

Woo! Played a bit of this earlier this morning, liking it a lot so far. Only played a handful of matches online, and sad to say I lost them all :( I'll have to spend some time in practice to get some of the moves down before trying that again I guess, ha.

[quote name='Megaten']Woo! Played a bit of this earlier this morning, liking it a lot so far. Only played a handful of matches online, and sad to say I lost them all :( I'll have to spend some time in practice to get some of the moves down before trying that again I guess, ha.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad, I was pretty awful myself. Only got 4 out of 13 wins. The lag was killing me. Don't think I'll be playing anymore ranked. But I'm down for some player matches.

Just throwing this out there to anyone considering it. A lot of guys on the SRK forums are complaining non-stop about the lag online, most calling it flat out unplayable. The matches I played earlier felt fine to me, but I'm a rookie at the game so I wouldn't notice even if it was god-awful most likely. So keep that in mind, if you're wanting to buy this just for the online play.

Jeff Gerstmann posted a sound clip where he is reading the English download description:
It is the latest title of the Fatal Fury series [GAROU -MARK OF THE WOLVES-] comes to Xbox LIVE! With the New Hero “Rock Howard” who is only son of Geese Howard and rose up by legendary wolf Terry Bogard, story of the new wolves begin. It banned the traditional line-system but instead bring in the brand-new systems such as “Just Defense”, “T.O.P. In” and “Braking”. It is not only system which renewed but also all the characters are new comers only except Terry Bogard. Don’t miss the extreme battles of wolves!

I picked this up because I love the Fatal Fury series. I have been enjoying it so far. Playing just gets me more pumped up for the new King of Fighters next month.

picked it up if u want to beat a noobs ass just add me cause I suck at this game. Really bad (and I will in KOF and Blaz Blue till I practice them 23 hours a day with one hour of sleep!)

I did a few ranked matches last night and didn't get much lag. Because of that I was able to get all the online achievements.

Only one rage quit. I like the fact that he sent me hate mail, been a while since I got one of those. :D

Yeah your ranked in the top 200 in the world lol.
I had lag versus one guy but he had like a 250ms ping which is unacceptable.

Me and my friend are playing and we had a 80ms ping and had some lag in third and fourth matches and I have no idea why. I think it was his side but *shrugs*

It's safe to say this game is very user dependant on lag, but if the latency is low there is no issues for me. Easily worth 800 and now I hope they drop the price on SS2 to 400 so I can finally get that.

Cool, I didn't check my rank yet. That's some good news. I guess I was doing pretty good last night. After I have a few drinks and get a little buzz going I'm in the zone.

I'm trying to beat Survival. I must've tried like 15 times. Got to match 10 and lost.

I downloaded and playing it quite a bit, this is really my first time to get a decent amount of exposure to the game. I've spent way too much time with 3rd Strike, so this is taking a little getting used to. I'll be on playing tonight if anyone wants to play.

bread's done
Back