XBLA - Geometry Wars 2 - 800pts

SURF Achievment I am trying right now, doesent seem too hard, manage 6/8 on first try

Edit: Got it on my 6th try, only 3 more achiev's to go

This has to be the most addicting Arcade game on XBL, 800 points is so worth it

Now I just got millionaire achievment, 2 more to go which is sequence and Smile, save that for the morning, cause they look like their going to be hard to get

I added a bunch of people to bulk up my leaderboard here. I'm Son of A Beep.

I've only got like 3 or 4 of the achievements, but I have to say I'm loving the game. It's a whole lot better than the first. Still working on getting Wax Off. Got to 95% and then the fast guys showed up and plowed me.

I downloaded the demo for this and within 5 mins of play was compelled to unlock the full version. This game is so damn addictive. Best 800pts I've ever spent.

[quote name='jer7583']I added a bunch of people to bulk up my leaderboard here. I'm Son of A Beep.[/quote]
Oh, whoops.. I declined your friend request, haha.

If anybody wants to add me for leaderboards, feel free. I'm not that great at it, so maybe it'll add to your confidence :p.

Fantastic game so far. Just need the Smile achievement and Game Over, which I doubt I'll get either any time soon. Imma add a few of you guys to my friends list like everyone else so we can have a good leaderboard set up.

[quote name='SpazX']If anybody wants to add me for leaderboards, feel free. I'm not that great at it, so maybe it'll add to your confidence :p.[/quote]

Geesh 9 million on King, I can barely get past 1 Million mark. I'll never going to pass your score on that game mode.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Geesh 9 million on King, I can barely get past 1 Million mark. I'll never going to pass your score on that game mode.[/quote]

9 million on King? Definitely not me, I just finally got above 1 million :p.

I think I have 9 million on Pacifist, is that what you meant? I swear on Pacifist the ends of the gates are more annoying than the enemies...but that 9 mil was a good run for me.

I've gotten decent scores on King, Pacifist, Waves, and Sequence. I'm not too hot on Evolved, and I just can't play Deadline for shit.

32+ million for me on Evolved...You guys can add me if you want to compete. I lead everyone on my friends list in everything except pacifist. 6+ million on Deadline

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']My roomate just moved up to #11 on pacifism! wow![/quote]
Wow, I tried moving up to at least the top 100. 69mil (hehe) got me ~500. darn

Surprisingly I like Pacifism and play it the most, don't know why? How simple the first GWs was I kinda felt ripped off from the last one.

you know what the worst part of this game is? the fact that you only have to tap A twice to restart.

one more turn. one more turn. one more turn.

this game is dangerous ;)

Finally got Rebound tonight, that one was a bitch, I'd always die and have to wait forever for a new gate to spawn. Anyway, that leaves me with wax off, game over, and smile. And I will never get those :p.

[quote name='kromekoran']you know what the worst part of this game is? the fact that you only have to tap A twice to restart.

one more turn. one more turn. one more turn.

this game is dangerous ;)[/QUOTE]

This is the most true quote I've ever seen on this forum

God this game is so good

I was supposed to watch a movie tonight around midnight....its now 3:10am. Geometry wars 2 makes time fly. Guess ill be watching a movie tomorrow if i stay way from GW2 X.x;

Totally worth the buy.

I want to buy this but I'm going to split the cost of it with someone else once they get their 360 back from repairs. GW is amazing though.

[quote name='SpazX']Finally got Rebound tonight, that one was a bitch, I'd always die and have to wait forever for a new gate to spawn. Anyway, that leaves me with wax off, game over, and smile. And I will never get those :p.[/quote]I got Wax Off today...if I got, you can get it.
I haven't come close to getting Rebound though.

I got rebound at the very last second of Deadline. Right at the buzzer.

The reflecting enemy doesn't spawn enough.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Surprisingly I like Pacifism and play it the most, don't know why? [/quote]

I also am liking the pacifism level a lot, I never bought the original Geo Wars, and I'm glad I picked this up it is definatly worth 800 MS points.

Also listening to Cheapy talk about himself trying to get the Wax Off achievement in the latest podcast I thought I would share this with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-p6SgAyzX0

I didn't want to embed it but i think the forums do that automatically , hmm. I hope you enjoy it.

Wax Off was truely a hard achievement to get. What confused me after I got Wax On was it would show a percentage until I got Wax Off, so if I finished Wax On it'd be 50% finished. Kind a tricky if you ask me.

I'm going to try for Rebound today. If anyone wants to add me to compare leaderboards my Gamer Tag is ManiacalAvery

[quote name='SpazX']9 million on King? Definitely not me, I just finally got above 1 million :p.

I think I have 9 million on Pacifist, is that what you meant? I swear on Pacifist the ends of the gates are more annoying than the enemies...but that 9 mil was a good run for me.[/quote]

Yes I meant Pacifism. I finally beat my personal best and now my new best is 77 Million.

I was looking at the leader boards for Deadline and the top score is in the 36 Million mark, How the fuck do get that in 3 minutes? I could barely reach 4 Million, if I'm lucky.

I would imagine it has something to do with using bombs early on to boost up the multiplier. I noticed playing it a few times that my score only really started getting anywhere near a million in the last half and then it jumped up to around 1.7 or more million by the end of the three minutes. So the faster you get the multipler to 200+ the faster its going to start cascade.

[quote name='PhoenixT']I would imagine it has something to do with using bombs early on to boost up the multiplier. I noticed playing it a few times that my score only really started getting anywhere near a million in the last half and then it jumped up to around 1.7 or more million by the end of the three minutes. So the faster you get the multipler to 200+ the faster its going to start cascade.[/quote]

There's that, plus I'm guessing they leave the gates untouched for as long as as possible so that near the end of the time period they go through as many as they can in quick sequence.

Woot, just got Smile and Game Over! 100% achievements now...also got like 35 mil on Sequence but was offline so it isn't gonna count that score, but at this point I really don't care. No more worrying about Smile, can just play it for shits and giggles ^.^

Whoever decided to put the high score of the person one rank above you on the right instead of the #1 over all is a freaking genius. It gives you a goal that's obtainable and you want to work just a little bit harder to get instead of having a ludicrous goal of who ever got first place.

[quote name='Aku']Whoever decided to put the high score of the person one rank above you on the right instead of the #1 over all is a freaking genius. It gives you a goal that's obtainable and you want to work just a little bit harder to get instead of having a ludicrous goal of who ever got first place.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

[quote name='KiLL3r']Yes I meant Pacifism. I finally beat my personal best and now my new best is 77 Million.[/quote]

lol, yeah I thought I saw you at 77 million and I was like "wtf was he talking about my 9 million for then?"

If anyone isn't great at this game and doesn't like to see themselves at the bottom of the leaderboards, add me. I barely pasted a million in each mode. :p

At last, Smile is mine! Came close the other day but I died on the 20th stage and almost did it again this time but thankfully had two bombs left to save my ass. Whew.

Finally got wax off - I guess you were right Cheapy :p. Now for game over and smile, which might take a while...

Oh man, trying to finish sequence is just a pain. I haven't even seen what 20 is like yet; I run out of lives around 18 or 19 on most of my runs. I am afraid of what 20 will be like.

Although, I am quite happy with my ~39mil score I just got. Now, to master enough parts to beat it, and then go for Smile...

i'm ranked #4 in Kings {=D

feel free to add me, also i still play loads of COD4 is anyone is up for some.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 99% 3 times tonight and finally got pissed and gave up for tonight!:bomb:

[quote name='Rocko']fuck yes, finally got Wax Off.[/QUOTE]

Loving this game so far. I'm almost at the top of my leaderboard (which I don't think are very good) so anyone who wants to add me, feel free.

bread's done
Back