XBLA Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime FREE (Work Involved Though)

Heartless18

CAGiversary!
1. Go to xbox.com and change the region to Taiwan
2. Create a new hotmail account. Make sure you put the country as Taiwan and use an area code of "60024" (That's what I used and it didn't hassle me)
3. Go back to xbox.com and use your new hotmail account to create a new XBL account. Again, make sure to put the region as Taiwan.

If you're having trouble navigating the site, use Google Chrome. It will translate everything for you.

4. Turn on your Xbox and recover the account you just made
5. Navigate to the arcade section, find Ghostbusters, and the download should be free

I can confirm this works, and I'm still able to play the game after I deleted my Taiwan account. Not sure how long this is going to last, so get it quick!!

Be careful folks. If Microsoft decides this was stealing at a later date they can ban/suspend your Live account/xbox 360 identifier code.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, this is a legit promotion in Taiwan and not some kind of glitch. Yesterday they had Swarm available for free in some other region and it was quickly taken down. This deal has been active since Tuesday.

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with trying this.

[quote name='Heartless18']AFAIK, this is a legit promotion in Taiwan and not some kind of glitch. Yesterday they had Swarm available for free in some other region and it was quickly taken down. This deal has been active since Tuesday.

Hopefully there's nothing wrong with trying this.[/QUOTE]

yeh i got swarm yesterday :D

i love how there are promotions like this :D

not sure if this one is worth the trouble, but I did hear about people getting banned for doing this over about a year ago or so. I dont know the facts, so Im not gonna risk it over this one.

ghostbusters SoS IGN score = 4.5

[quote name='Nukkus']careful, they had hexic 2 years ago for korea, and people got banned for downloading from other countires[/QUOTE]

no they didn't

I think people are being too paranoid over this, but download at your own risk. I've had it downloaded for over a day now and there's been nothing flagged. Considering nobody got banned for exploiting free XBL Points a few weeks ago, I think this one shouldn't be an issue.

[quote name='Dezuria']Ghostbusters SoS isn't even worth that amount of effort.[/QUOTE]

I agree. The demo didn't impress me and IGN gave all versions a 4.5 so unless you're desperate for a new game and Achievement Points and are willing to risk having your account possibly banned/suspended, I wouldn't bother.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']was Taiwan the country that gave away plants vs zombies? I ask because I still have that account.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and that was a year ago. No banning. But back to your question, you can use that same account and grab Ghostbusters right now.

[quote name='bigdale']Be careful folks. If Microsoft decides this was stealing at a later date they can ban/suspend your Live account/xbox 360 identifier code.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the white ninja. Best comic ever.... That I read in the Sheaf.

honestly, those saying this isn't ban worthy? read the xbox live terms of use, making an account for a country you do not reside in is a violation, not to mention identity fraud. common sense here people.

Downloading, Thanks for the tip. If i knew for Swarm i would'nt had bought it on PSN well at least there was a discount for PS+ members.

[quote name='eastx']Yep, and that was a year ago. No banning. But back to your question, you can use that same account and grab Ghostbusters right now.[/QUOTE]

And so I did. :) I also get bonus points with wife since she's a huge Ghostbusters fan.

Hmm can anyone help me? I am stuck at the part where I think your putting in your address?

郵遞區號 is the part I am stuck at and whatever I put in, nothing works

When I register for an account it gives me that there is a "glitch in the system"

Anybody have a link to this "Hexic 2 banning"?
I can't find any info.

Also, if it's a bannable offense, has anyone been banned for downloading Aegis Wing outside of NA? It costs points in other regions but it free in NA.

Regarding bans:
I can certainly see what MS would consider this a bannable offense. Will they act on it? Probably not... but is a crap game really worth the risk? Download it for free if you want. You are all adults and responsible for making your own decisions. Just don't act surprised later if some minor scamming (yes, creating fake accounts and lying about your location to get free goods is scamming) comes back to bite you.

Regarding the download:
Meh... would be more excited if it was good content, but the Ghostbusters license is still pretty cool.

Messing up a four-player top down Ghostbusters game, the technology for which was perfected during the NES era is a pretty unforgivable sin. If the ratings are accurate, I certainly am not going to put in work to encourage them.

Even if you don't pay for it, they'll still see how many times it was downloaded and call it a success. If you want them to stop making bad games, don't support them.

[quote name='Lugi']When I register for an account it gives me that there is a "glitch in the system"[/QUOTE]

That's just Xbox.com being a piece of shit. Close the browser and go back to xbox.com and the account should already be registered, so just fill in the last bit of info.

[quote name='InfernoChaos']Hmm can anyone help me? I am stuck at the part where I think your putting in your address?

郵遞區號 is the part I am stuck at and whatever I put in, nothing works[/QUOTE]

It's asking for the postal/area code.

Try 60024 like the creater suggested.

[quote name='Monkey540']Anybody have a link to this "Hexic 2 banning"?
I can't find any info.

Also, if it's a bannable offense, has anyone been banned for downloading Aegis Wing outside of NA? It costs points in other regions but it free in NA.[/QUOTE]

Nobody got banned. I downloaded Hexic 2 and nothing happened.

i made my account and retrieved it to my xbox but when i go find the game it dose not show up in the marketplace, dose any one know why?

[quote name='JaredFrost']Even if they ban it, who will they ban? likely the offending gamertag, the fake one.[/QUOTE]

YOUR unit has a serial number right ;)

and licenses for titles associate with it, so they track it at that level for sure. Want to take a bet they track at the userid level as well ?

DDD-

[quote name='drduranduran']YOUR unit has a serial number right ;)

and licenses for titles associate with it, so they track it at that level for sure. Want to take a bet they track at the userid level as well ?

DDD-[/QUOTE]
Obviously they could do that, but the console itself wasn't in violation, the gamertag was.

When you mod a console they ban the console, when you gamertag hack/cheat, that's gamertag ban.

But yes, they could ban the console or the gamertag, but I doubt they'll do either.

[quote name='JaredFrost']..., but I doubt they'll do either.[/QUOTE]

This is by far the most likely result. I still wouldn't take the risk without a greater payoff, but that's just me.

bread's done
Back