[XBLA] Guardian Heroes "HD"!! - Release date: OCTOBER 12TH! - 800 MSP

AWESOME! I have been waiting for a release date forever. I didn't know they were going to spring it on us like that :)

Day 1 for me :D

EDIT: Damn, got excited for nothing lol. Hopefully it isn't too far away.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='toper']WRONG: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/30/hidden-treasure-guardian-heroes-out-this-week-on-xbla/

:D[/QUOTE]

BLAST IT NELSON!

majornelson: My bad: Guardian Heroes is not coming out tomorrow. No further details available #MajorsMistake

UndeadHeroVictory.jpg

Note this, though: DustinC on NeoGAF said the marketing firm in charge of the game was informed 9/12 as a release time. So it wouldn't be too suprising is Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes both come out that week, on the 14th. So... just a few weeks, most likely.

Well, in a funny twist, if you have a Mexican XBL Account, you can download the Trial for Guardian Heroes today!!

I'd consider it early demo access...

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Sitting on the points....ready and waiting.[/QUOTE]

This. Looking forward to this game. I hope it's half as good as I remember it. This was the first game I imported back in the day.

NOW we get to do this! Release date from the mouth of Sega itself, posted on: http://www.next-gen.biz/news/guardian-heroes-remake-out-next-month

Guardian Heroes. October 12th, 2011!

Youtube - 2nd Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h25fQNtmGks

Guardian_Heroes_HD_by_modusprodukt.jpg

Note: (Image by m0dus on DA. Not a screenshot! But apparently, he's been very helpful in getting this project Greenlit! So show him some love ^_^ http://modusprodukt.deviantart.com/)

GH in Mid October, KoFXIII at it's end... for me, this'll be some of the best weeks of gaming ever, lol.

Less than a week remaining!

My excitement is building...

Sega released a bunch of avatar gear for GH this week. I suppose that is a good sign that we are still on track for the Oct. 12th release date.

The avatar stuff is actually quite nice.

Trying to get an early review copy of the game... Hope I can play it at least a little in advance. :)

[quote name='eastx']The avatar stuff is actually quite nice.

Trying to get an early review copy of the game... Hope I can play it at least a little in advance. :)[/QUOTE]

Any luck with that? I'm curious how it plays. But, honestly, It's been so long since I played the original (and an import copy at that), that I can't even remember that much. I just remember that the Undead Knight was awesome.

Sadly, my editor didn't ask them for a code in time, so no early access for me. :(

On the upside, I am getting Dance Central 2 on Tuesday, 2 weeks before release. I guess it evens out (although I look forward to Guardian Heroes HD much more).

Already got it. Didn't get to really play much of the original but it does get chaotic in arcade mode. Game looks great, plays well. Unlock a gamerpic upon getting to the main menu screen, avatar items, obtainable achievements and online play make the game well worth buying.

Really looking forward to this. First XBLA game in a long time that I'm excited for. Hopefully I can convince a couple friends to pick it up also.

Alright, I got my code today! Played through it once.

Tip: Do not play on Easy! You get Achievements but don't unlock characters, which are necessary for another Achievement.

Bad news: second player doesn't earn Achievements, in local multiplayer, anyway. Hopefully that doesn't apply to online games, but I have not checked yet.

It takes about 1.5 hours or so to run through Story mode, but you'll need to replay it multiple times to see every stage, character, and ending. The game is a bit old-fashioned in some ways, but it holds up great overall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same, buying as soon as it's available.

So no way to save characters then huh? You have to level each time you do a playthrough?

That's correct. There is no New Game+ option. It's a drag for people who are used to Castle Crashers and such, but the game is designed for it. You just start from scratch, choose your paths, and get as strong as you can by the end.

Good question. I didn't notice a way to save mid-game, but I wasn't looking, either. Will check in the morning if nobody else answers first.

Played a bunch last night. Still a great beat em up, but I suck. I can't even beat the game on normal. Any tips on how to level your character? Depending on the character I usually put most of it in STR or INT.

Also does anyone have a faqs, guide or flow chart on the story branches?

That faqs was super helpful. Thanks

I only hinder a co-op game. I feel bad for the other person since I suck so bad. Maybe I'll practice with that Nicole trick and see if I can cheat my way till the end.

That Nicole tip worked pretty good. Beat it 3 times on normal last night. It's defiantly cheap once you get he hang of it but I don't care.

What level are you guys at near the end. I get an average of level 30 with about 0-3 lives left on normal. Probably not very good.

I bought it on release, but still haven't played it yet. If its as good as I remember the Sega Saturn version being. Its worth 10 bucks easy. I still have it on

Sega Saturn, but my Saturn doesn't work right anyway. That and the online is what made me buy it on xbla.

I always finish around level 45-50 when I beat it. Remember to play on Original if you're trying to do well since Remixed is harder.

I play Orginal, but still finish around 30. Since I've been hiding behind the Knight he probably does the most damage.

Yeah, I would only start hiding behind him for the last 3 levels or so (whenever you actually need the help). Before that, you should have him set to not attack so that you can get more hits. Juggling dead enemies gets you XP, as does casting spells, even if they don't hit anything. Finally, try to enter the hidden arena (look it up) as you can get a lot of extra XP there.

Sorry for the double post but I noticed I got significantly better last night. I finish around level 40-45 and die only once or twice on a normal run. I started out using Nicole but switched over to Han and feel a lot more comfortable with him now that I understand the game better. I just build him as a tank. Haven't really touched Randy or Ginjiro yet. Any tips on a good Ginjiro build?

I guess I'm missing an ending. I understand there are "light" and "dark" endings but I'm not quite sure how to get them or even what paths to take. Any tips?

Just bought the game and tried it with Randy. Note to self: Don't do coliseum with Randy. I got my ass handed to me. If not for pushing my luck in the coliseum, I may have beaten the game on the 9 credits, but alas, was not meant to be today.

[quote name='Rodimus']Sorry for the double post but I noticed I got significantly better last night. I finish around level 40-45 and die only once or twice on a normal run. I started out using Nicole but switched over to Han and feel a lot more comfortable with him now that I understand the game better. I just build him as a tank. Haven't really touched Randy or Ginjiro yet. Any tips on a good Ginjiro build?

I guess I'm missing an ending. I understand there are "light" and "dark" endings but I'm not quite sure how to get them or even what paths to take. Any tips?[/QUOTE]

With Han you absolutely want to make sure you go through Stage 8, but you probably already know that.

Endings 3 and 5 have Dark versions. You need to either juggle dead bodies *a lot* (requires playing on Original) and/or kill a lot of villagers (I forget the stage #)/destroy a lot of objects to make sure you have negative karma when you beat the final boss. You can view your karma by pausing the game in offline games.

You need every light and dark ending (5 regular + 2 dark endings) for the Achievement. But you don't need to get both the dark and light versions of endings 3 and 5 to unlock the Undead Hero in Versus and Arcade.

Yeah, I got him already. I'm assuming I got the light endings for both already since I don't think focuses on the bad karma objectives. Thanks

And yeah, Han with the sword is a beast. All his stats going up 5 points is helpful. I'm guess that's the best route to take if you're trying to beat it on Hard.

Or try using Nicole. Between her attack barrier special and her healing spell she is a beast.

bread's done
Back