XBLA Hits - SFII, Brain Challenge, & 3D Ultra Mini Golf Now Just 400pts ea.

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Top Arcade Games at Bargain Prices

The best Xbox LIVE Arcade games just got even better. These hit games are now available at even lower prices. If you missed them when they were first released, you can't afford not to play them now.

BOXAssaultHeroes.jpg

Assault Heroes
Command an arsenal of weapons alone or with a friend in this intense side-scrolling shooter.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)
ESRB_T.gif

Bankshot Billiards 2
Release your inner pool shark with nine different game. Play with pals online or via Xbox LIVE.
800 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 1200pts)

Game Rating: E (Everyone)
boxdoom.jpg

DOOM
Play single or co-op as you face off against Hell's army in this classic first-person shooter.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)
ESRB_M.gif

Feeding Frenzy
Work your way up the food chain in this fun fish-eat-fish action game.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Lumines Live!
Music, video, and puzzles make a stylish videogame mix providing nonstop entertainment.
800 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 1200pts)

Marble Blast Ultra
Blast your marble through more than 50 tricky levels, or race online with up to 7 others.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Small Arms
Experience classic side-scrolling run and gun shooter action for up to four players.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Game Rating: E10 (Everyone 10+)
Comic Mischief
Fantasy Violence

ULTIMATE Mortal Kombat 3
Discover 22 playable characters, classic fatalities, brutalities, friendships, and babalities.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Game Rating: M (Mature)
Blood and Gore
Violence

Worms
This cleverly balanced mix of strategy and arcade action contains real depth and massive replay-ability.
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Game Rating: E10 (Everyone 10+)
Mild Cartoon Violence

Zuma Deluxe
Fire balls from the frog to make matches, and clear the path to shout Zuma!
400 MS Points
MSpoints_12_12.png
(was 800pts)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mannysgoldglove']Isnt this the same price these games have always been?[/quote]
No, the 800pts used to be 1200pts, and the 400pts used to be 800pts.

I definately recommend Bankshot Billards for any pool fan, its a fantastic and addicting game.

EDIT: Added old prices to OP.

They were all cut in half, or 1/3 basically.

Kinda like they did a while back for a week.

Put damn Dino Crisis 3 on there.. grrr -_-V

[quote name='crunchb3rry']I'm going to have to break out the pimp slap if they don't get Castle Crashers out soon.[/QUOTE]

Hate to burst your bubble but

Castlecrashers (The Behemoth): Arriving in early 2008 on Xbox LIVE Arcade, Castlecrashers is the second title currently in development by award-winning independent developer the Behemoth. The four-player RPG adventure lets you hack, slash, and smash your way to victory. Castlecrashers delivers unique high-resolution illustrated visuals, including memorably hand-drawn characters that are cute and menacing at the same time. Play with up to three friends locally or over Xbox LIVE and discover mind-boggling magic and mystery in the amazing world of Castlecrashers.

While that's the first time I saw that date, I don't have much faith in it. Microsoft's terrible "certification process" makes all given release dates of little value.

$50 says it doesn't come out until Q2. Imaginary e-bucks, of course.

I do like this, but now it's going to be hard to download games that are 800+ because there's potential it MIGHT go as an "Arcade Hit". I wonder what the standards are for a game to go "Hit"?

Also, I wonder if any of the 400 points games will go to 200. That would be really awesome.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']While that's the first time I saw that date, I don't have much faith in it. Microsoft's terrible "certification process" makes all given release dates of little value.

$50 says it doesn't come out until Q2. Imaginary e-bucks, of course.[/QUOTE]

I have heard rumors that in the case of castle crashers, it isn't so true. The developer is very literally taking their own sweet time.

It will be a cool game, but I will tell you right now it will be one of those games that will cost at least 800 points and be tons of fun for 30 minutes, because that's how long it will take to to beat.

Lumines is tempting, but it's still $10 for a shell of a game, while the remainder is sold a la carte.

Instead, were I to buy this, I'd hunt down Lumines Plus for PS2 for $15 or so.

It's good to see a trend in this direction, but it needs to have a greater frequency and a greater discount. This list reads like a who's who of XLBA titles nobody has paid for in half a year.

I was dissapointed, i loved the Lumines Live game, but when i tried to play tournament it Stopped after i beat the first level and said "Please buy VS. CPU Pack".

fuck YOU!!

Screw this Im waiting until Rez comes out...or im Buying E4...If its complete.

No new XBLA titles this week...instead we get 2 new additions to XBLA Hits:

Doom and Assault Heroes will be priced at 400pts (were 800pts ea.)

Also, GamerScoreBlog.com reminds us to be on the look out for the next XBLA games on the horizon:

• “Rocky and Bullwinkle” (Zen Studios Ltd.).
  • “Shotest Shogi” (AI Factory Ltd. and Rubicon Development Ltd.).
  • “TiQal” (Slapdash Games).
  • “Wits & Wagers” (Hidden Path Entertainment LLC).
  • “Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3” (Capcom Entertainment Inc.).

Well I might get Doom now, 800 points was just too much, but at 400 I'll probably pick it up.

I actually like it when there aren't any new games out every once in a while, it gives me an excuse to buy an older one that I never got...

I might unlock the full versions of Doom and Smash TV now.

Doom is definitely worth a go at 400 pts. if you were a fan of the original. I paid 800 for it and definitely enjoyed the nostalgia. Never had much luck finding multiplayer opponents so here's hoping the lower price leads to more players!

Downloading Doom for sure.

Edit: Wow just looked up Assault Heroes and I'm really impressed, looks like I'm picking that up as well.

Assault Heroes is a lot of fun. It was one of the first XBLA games I picked up and it's definitely a fun ride. I'd highly recommend it for $5.

[quote name='SpazX']I actually like it when there aren't any new games out every once in a while, it gives me an excuse to buy an older one that I never got...[/QUOTE]Totally agreed. It baffles me when people get all bent out of shape because a week goes by without a new game released. I don't see how that's a problem unless they're buying EVERY game that comes out and finishing it in a week.

Already paid $10 for em both over a year ago I think. Assault Heroes is worth every penny at $5, and Doom is an excellent port of the original.

Problem with Doom is the maps suck for Deathmatch, IMO. And I didn't like the co op much, just not enough ammo for a lot of people. Still a great game though.

Other than the obvious benefit of Live functionality, how does XBLA Doom compare to the version on Doom 3 Collectors Edition (for original Xbox, and I'm pretty sure it's BC)?

Man, I had a blast with Doom at 800 pts back when it first came out. It beats trying to do voodoo to get it to run on my Mac.

Anyhow, here's hoping the Doom drop is paving the way for Doom 2 on XBLA, that'd be another day one purchase for me.

[quote name='Halo05']
Anyhow, here's hoping the Doom drop is paving the way for Doom 2 on XBLA, that'd be another day one purchase for me.[/quote]

For like the past 3 months, I've checked every week hoping Doom 2 would be released that week(though I don't even think it's been announced). That'd be a day 1 purchase here, too.

4-player Co-op Doom is hella fun, but there's only so many times you can go through the game before it gets boring.

So...tempted...to...buy...Doom

Loved playing Doom when I was younger, and am dying to play it again. But, I'm afraid I'll get bored of it in a week or so like I did with Marathon. AH is also very tempting....how long is the game?

[quote name='SoulReaver']So...tempted...to...buy...Doom

Loved playing Doom when I was younger, and am dying to play it again. But, I'm afraid I'll get bored of it in a week or so like I did with Marathon. AH is also very tempting....how long is the game?[/quote]
AH is one of the most hardest games I've played on XBLA and it is a good 2 or 3 hours game.

Now that everybody is downloading Assault Heros, send me an invite if you want to play. I never did get a chance to go through the game with online co-op.

bread's done
Back