XBLA - Ikaruga - 800pts

If I download this now, I'll probably not end up going to work :cry:
So I'll have to do this later. :whistle2:(

Really enjoyed this game. I can't wait!

[quote name='MrGone']Yeah, it makes me miss the dreamcast d-pad, but otherwise it's juicy and delicious[/QUOTE]

D-Pad?

You need an analog stick up ins.

Now I know why people been raving about this game for years. Awesome gameplay, Music/Sound Fx, and Difficult (even on the default difficulty). I'm Totally loving It!!

This will make me wish my puppy hadn't chewed apart the cord on my arcade stick.

The DC version will always me first in my heart but this sounds like it'll be a close second.

I haven't played Ikaruga untill now and I think I might be hooked on this game, almost bought it for $80 like a year ago for the GC. Can't wait to play co-op later on today.

[quote name='tiredfornow']The difficulty is real, RudyPants.

Once you get the hang of shifting from black to white, you'll start to get into the motion of things and you'll be able to play like this guy one day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBdzV7w5Pc[/quote]

Thats Kraze I can't wait to play the demo im gonna buy it when my friend gets home so he can have a copy too :)

I'd forgotten how awesome this game is, it's nailz mind you and I suck at it, but it's fantastic. XBLA has given us some quality games this year.

[quote name='zewone']D-Pad?

You need an analog stick up ins.[/quote]

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it plays fine with the analog stick and it's what I've been using. The Dreamcast d-pad was just so perfect for this type of game that I get all nostalgic for it (especially after playing Ikaruga with it exclusively up to this point).

[quote name='NTolerance']Was the original Ikaruga designed for D-pad or analog stick control?[/quote]

It was originally designed for the d-pad, not even supporting the Dreamcast's analog stick as an option. The Gamecube port added analog support

I think this is going to be another one of those 'must buy even though I suck at it' kind of games.

*strokes his gcn copy bought on launch day fondly* :)...seriously though, this game is totally worth getting on live if you don't own the original...the spiritual successor to radiant silvergun ftw!

Hard isn't even the word for this game. Stage 1 is simple. Stage 2 not so simple. Stage 3 really insane. I've said it once, and I'll say it again it is easy worth 800 points.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Speaking of Radient Silvergun, that's supposed to be coming to XBLA too, right?[/quote]

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162888
They're definitely interested in it but nothing's set in stone. Hopefully Ikaruga sells well enough to encourage them to take the plunge.(and to release a few virtual console titles on XBLA too.)

[quote name='1up interviews Treasure CEO Maegawa']
Radiant Silvergun on Xbox Live Arcade?
With Ikaruga coming to Xbox Live Arcade we had to ask about the possibility of its superior Saturn predecessor coming to the 360. According to Maegawa, it's something they've definitely been thinking about doing, perhaps after Ikaruga is finished. However, he mentioned that it would be a much bigger undertaking, as Treasure would like to actually redo elements of the game -- basically, enhance it with high resolution visuals to make it more current.
[/quote]

What makes it better? I've never tried it, so I'm curious as to how they differ. I've only heard that RS is very ornate compared to IK's decidedly minimalist design.

I've been struck with a mild common cold, but will spend these last conscious hours playing the devil out of this game. :mrgreen:

[quote name='danked']I liked it, but I don't think i will buy It. losing hope that XBLA will ever be any good[/quote]

If you don't like anything that's on XBLA now, then yeah, you'll probably never be satisfied with it.

[quote name='SpazX']If you don't like anything that's on XBLA now, then yeah, you'll probably never be satisfied with it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

He must have ridiculously high standards.

Just beat level 4 on easy. fucking nuts man.

X.x I'm now seeing that easy mode is actually harder, as you *need* those bullets absorbed for the missles.

[quote name='danked']I liked it, but I don't think i will buy It. losing hope that XBLA will ever be any good[/quote]

Castlevania: SOTN, Poker Smash, Ikaruga, Rez, Pacman: CE, Assault Heroes, Boom Boom Rocket...just to barely skim the surface. Maybe you should re-think your position as a gamer.

wow i just downloaded the replay for the #1 score on the leaderboard, fucking nuts man
i 4got how hard this game was, this is one of my favorite xbla games, i wouldve paid 1200pts for this, 800 pts is a steal

can someone explain to me how chain system works?

[quote name='greyzieoriental']wow i just downloaded the replay for the #1 score on the leaderboard, fucking nuts man
i 4got how hard this game was, this is one of my favorite xbla games, i wouldve paid 1200pts for this, 800 pts is a steal

can someone explain to me how chain system works?[/QUOTE]

You have to kill 3 enemies of the same color in a row, that's one chain.

The next chain can be a different color than the first chain, but it has to be 3 of the same color again.

Continue to do so the rack up points.

The difficult part is not accidentally shooting a ship of the wrong color during chains.

Kill 3 like-coloured enemies and your chain increases. You get a point bonus that starts at 100, then doubles with each consecutive chain. Your chain is reset to zero if you kill an off coloured enemy outset a set of 3 (or die). Simple in concept, ridiculously hard in practice :)

Oh boy, getting the demo of this was a mistake. It's making it hard to resist buying this again. The main thing stopping me is that it doesn't seem to have conquest mode. If I started playing this again, I'd want to practice up. Also it's been so long since I played it, I've completely forgotten all the good chaining patterns. It felt so wrong going through level 1 just blasting everything indiscriminately.

Just played a couple co-op games with a friend and had some nasty lag that wasn't present on other online games that we played tonight. We both tried hosting the matches and had the same results.

Anyone else having co-op problems?

Yeah, I've played with 3 different people and get lag (in differing degrees) from time to time.

It seems like sloppy net coding. A patch could possibly fix it, but it's not terrible, for the most part.

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Castlevania: SOTN, Poker Smash, Ikaruga, Rez, Pacman: CE, Assault Heroes, Boom Boom Rocket...just to barely skim the surface. Maybe you should re-think your position as a gamer.[/quote]

Castlevania: SOTN was the best XBLA purchase I made, the rest meh, bbr was about the gayest thing I had ever seen

gah! I got it, and I love it. I've been playing lying on my side so it takes up more of the screen! Don't really want to tilt my LCD.

Doesn't change the fact that i'm bad at it though :)

[quote name='BoSoxFan900']Castlevania: SOTN, Poker Smash, Ikaruga, Rez, Pacman: CE, Assault Heroes, Boom Boom Rocket...just to barely skim the surface. Maybe you should re-think your position as a gamer.[/QUOTE]

I've come to realize that there are some people out there that really expect retail games for $10 on xbla. Seriously, that's what they want, and that's what they expect.

[quote name='thrustbucket']I've come to realize that there are some people out there that really expect retail games for $10 on xbla. Seriously, that's what they want, and that's what they expect.[/quote]
Then you'd think Rez, SotN, and Ikaruga would do it for them considering they were all at one time retail games.

Yeah, I don't understand most people either...

[quote name='MrGone']Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, it plays fine with the analog stick and it's what I've been using. The Dreamcast d-pad was just so perfect for this type of game that I get all nostalgic for it (especially after playing Ikaruga with it exclusively up to this point).

It was originally designed for the d-pad, not even supporting the Dreamcast's analog stick as an option. The Gamecube port added analog support[/QUOTE]

Actually it started in the arcade with a digital 8 way ball top.

bread's done
Back