XBLA - MLB Stickball - 800pts - 10/8

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

The classic game of stickball comes to Xbox 360 LIVE® Arcade with MLB® Stickball, featuring all 30 Major League teams and 120 of your favorite pro players. Collect Topps™ Pro cards from the MLB to flesh out your team. Take to the streets where each neighborhood has its own rules, from the streets of Brooklyn to the beach in Los Angeles. Enjoy the single-player Tour Mode or play with up to four friends either locally or over Xbox LIVE.

• Classic stickball: Experience the classic stickball spin on America's pastime, featuring bounce pitches, rules tailored to each individual environment, and no gloves!
  • Fun "stadiums": Take your game on the road and play in uniquely American venues, from the streets of Brooklyn to the shores of the San Francisco Bay.
  • Player cards: Buy packs of cards to unlock players and build out your rosters, or trade in duplicate cards for the player of your choice.
  • Tour mode: In this one-and-done mode, try your luck against eight randomly selected MLB teams with increasingly advanced skill levels.
Achievements: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/mlbstickball/

Played the trial. It's about as simplistic as baseball (stickball, whatever) gets. It's a more casual baseball game. That being said, I think it's the second best baseball game for the 360 thus far. That's not saying much, though.

But I'm actually on the fence about buying it.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if I'd be able to play it. Sounds like I will. Not to complicated = good!

On the fence on this one...
Waiting to hear from other CAGs. Love my MLB 08 (ps3), and The Bigs(x360) from last year.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']This makes MLB 2K8 look like the best baseball game of all time.[/quote]

I'm gonna second this right here. This shit's horrible.

Finally got to playing the demo, it is awful. Big problem is the perspective for the batter. It's impossible to tell how far away (depth) the ball is from the strike zone as you're looking straight at it and it looks 2D.

Two of my friends and myself played this for an hour. The demo allows you to play multiplayer. Anyhow, I give it a 7/10.

One of the main gripes is that as the batter, you really can't do shit except swing. Other than that, it was decent with friends over. The game is so simple a fucking two year old can play it. All you do is press A on pretty much everything. That's why I rate it a 7. It's easy pick up and play.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I used to think that as well. :lol:[/quote]

The only thing worse that Yaris is a sexy girl with foot odor.

bread's done
Back