XBLA - Perfect Dark - Now available - Controls/achievement patch out now

I found this game unplayable on the N64 due to the frame rate issues.

Hopefully if that is solved (which I assume it will be) the game will hold up in 2010.

[quote name='porieux']I found this game unplayable on the N64 due to the frame rate issues.

Hopefully if that is solved (which I assume it will be) the game will hold up in 2010.[/QUOTE]
60fps

[quote name='porieux']Hopefully [...] the game will hold up in 2010.[/QUOTE]

"Hold up"? Perfect Dark should easily be far and away better than any FPS released this generation. It's Perfect fucking Dark, for crying out loud.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']"Hold up"? Perfect Dark should easily be far and away better than any FPS released this generation. It's Perfect fucking Dark, for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well as I said, when it came out I found it to be an unplayable mess so I didn't bother. Not sure if it will hold my interest now. I'm glad for everyone who is excited about it though.

Goldeneye was fun as hell though, but I think I got my fill of that back in the day. Especially would not be the same without an N64 controller in each hand, anyway.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']"Hold up"? Perfect Dark should easily be far and away better than any FPS released this generation. It's Perfect fucking Dark, for crying out loud.[/QUOTE]

Hold your horses. Don't let nostalgia make this seem like the biggest thing to happen to gaming in the past 3 years. It will have trouble being the biggest thing of March.

[quote name='help1']Hold your horses. Don't let nostalgia make this seem like the biggest thing to happen to gaming in the past 3 years. It will have trouble being the biggest thing of March.[/QUOTE]

Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. It's a simple fact: no FPS in the past 5 years has been better than PD. It's all been the same shit.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. It's a simple fact: no FPS in the past 5 years has been better than PD. It's all been the same shit.[/QUOTE]
TimeSplitters 3?

Made by the same developer almost 5 years ago.

Timesplitters4_logo.jpg

Honor the fallen...

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']It's a simple fact: no FPS in the past 5 years has been better than PD. It's all been the same shit.[/QUOTE]

One's opinion is not a fact, even if it's yours.

[quote name='Doomed']TimeSplitters 3?

Made by the same developer almost 5 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I know TimeSplitters, and I love that series to death. I don't think that TS3 is better than PD, though.

[quote name='captainfrizo']One's opinion is not a fact, even if it's yours.[/QUOTE]
You are almost right, except for one word: change "even if" to "unless," and then you'd be correct. My opinion is fact. Yeah, I'm totally not being facetious or sarcastic at all. Nope.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Nostalgia has nothing to do with it. It's a simple fact: no FPS in the past 5 years has been better than PD. It's all been the same shit.[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke statement? I am a HUGE Perfect Dark fan but this statement is a fanboy turd if I've ever seen one.

[quote name='cgarb84']Is this a joke statement? I am a HUGE Perfect Dark fan but this statement is a fanboy turd if I've ever seen one.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I saw this earlier today, but saw it was coffeedge, so I figured it wasn't worth replying.

[quote name='help1']Yea, I saw this earlier today, but saw it was coffeedge, so I figured it wasn't worth replying.[/QUOTE]

This.

I clicked the reveal button or whatever to see what he wrote, then closed it out again.

I've had him blocked for about a year now and every now and then read his posts, then quickly realize why I ignored him in the first place.

I really hate that the TS series is no more, it was my favorite PS2 series by far. Free Radical just HAD to release that piece of shit Haze game.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Well, although TS4 is dead for now (as in, not in active development), the team and the IP are still intact (they're now known as Crytek UK, in case you didn't know), and they did say that if there is demand for a game like TS4, that it could still happen someday:
http://www.develop-online.net/news/32621/TimeSplitters-4-project-not-ruled-out-by-Crytek[/QUOTE]

I did not know that. Thank you for that information. I for one DEMAND TimeSplitters 4. And it better have multiplayer character intros like TS1 and TS3.

[quote name='tcrash247']I did not know that. Thank you for that information. I for one DEMAND TimeSplitters 4. And it better have multiplayer character intros like TS1 and TS3.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Apparently they're somehow involved in work on Crysis 2 at the moment (though that game is primarily being developed at Crytek Frankfurt, if I recall), but I really hope that TS4, or at least, some sort of spiritual successor to TS, will show up somewhere down the road. It's good to know that it's at least a possibility, especially considering how close they came to completely disintegrating, after the release of Haze.

You may also want to keep an eye out of Pumpkin Beach which is another company set up by Dr. Doak, lead guy on Timesplitters and games at Rare.

[quote name='BitLooter']I still have it for the N64, and can play it whenever I want. Neener neener.[/QUOTE]

Whats your definition of play? Perfect Dark so laggy on the N64 its unplayable. I'm exciting for a version with a smooth frame rate

That and how can you go back to using C-buttons to view in a game? Seriously, it's a great game, but so many things about Perfect Dark on the N64 now don't cut it at all.

[quote name='bmachine']I don't ever recall PD being laggy on my N64 with the jumper pack installed.[/QUOTE]

It sure as hell didn't run at 60 FPS.

[quote name='twa318']Whats your definition of play? Perfect Dark so laggy on the N64 its unplayable. I'm exciting for a version with a smooth frame rate[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Unplayable is right. I know some people didn't mind it, but man...after playing Half-Life on the PC around the same time, there was no going back to something like PD. Excited for this to come out so I can finally play the damn thing.

You guys had pretty tough standards back then. :) I remember playing UT on my 300MHz G3 back then and loving it.

I could never leave Perfect Dark in high res mode for more than a few minutes, though. That's what I'd consider unplayable.

I played Perfect Dark with 3 other people and we only lagged it up when we would throw ass tons of bouncy pin ball grenades into one room or something similarly asking for it.

I just pray I can blind some bitches with my disarms. I know 1/2 of live will rage quit because of it.

[quote name='metaly']Wow, I totally forgot about the pinball grenades. Can't wait!!!!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Coffee gets crap for saying PD was better than current gen FPS games, but how many have pinball proxies, or Dragons that become mines when out of ammo. COME ONE!!!:drool::drool:

Or laptop guns. Or timed, remote, or proxmity mines. Or tranquilizer guns, crossbows, n-bombs and other weapons...

Yeah this will be a great CAG game night thing if we can get custom matches going.

Great interview. I liked the comment about each of the splitscreen windows having a higher resolution than the full original game.

Two weeks left!

bread's done
Back