XBLA price drops Braid (800pts), Cloning Clyde (400pts) & 3 on 3 NHL Arcade (400pts

I can testify that Braid and Cloning Clyde are both well worth it. I paid full price for both when they launched and loved them both.

I am going to pick up NHL. It looks like a lot of fun, but I had so many XBLA games, I couldn't justify dropping $10 on it.

I'll definitely be picking up Braid at that price at some point, but I've got so much on my plate right now that I'm not able to play enough as it is, that I'm in no hurry. Maybe they'll be a DOTD cutting it even lower eventually.

Finally, hope this is the start of a trend. So is there anything else on XBLM aside from these and the Crackdown DLC that ever got a permanent price drop, or are these four things it?

I dunno... Am I the only person who thinks XBLA games should RARELY be sold for over 800 points? I mean, really, besides original games with a LOT of content (Shadow Complex), isn't it kind of gross? Especially Penny Arcade, geez...

Or maybe I'm just a cheapass.

All XBLA games should be free. And they should all have higher production values and more content then RDR and BF:BC2. Oh and you should get a free puppy with every download.

But, yeah, there's a bunch of overpriced stuff there... and other stuff that isn't.

[quote name='JK-C']I dunno... Am I the only person who thinks XBLA games should RARELY be sold for over 800 points? I mean, really, besides original games with a LOT of content (Shadow Complex), isn't it kind of gross? Especially Penny Arcade, geez...

Or maybe I'm just a cheapass.[/QUOTE]

No, there is no reason to artificially limit the price of games on xbla. Gamers think they are limiting an inevitable slippery slope increase in the game prices by complaining about games that are more than 800 pts, when what they will really end up limiting is the the scope and variety of the content offered on xbla.

I think Microsoft has created a perception problem about what downloadable content is on xbla. The early positioning and branding of xbla with mainly retro revivals and small popcap games combined with early file size limits and a rigid pricing structure, has put them in an awkward marketing position as downloadable games expand in scope. I don't think you have these same issues on the PS3 which much earlier blurred the lines between full retail games and downloadable games, by offering "full" game releases sooner on PSN. Likewise on Steam everything is downloadable, so there is no overall perception of what downloadable content should be priced at, in the end gamers decide with their wallet.

[quote name='msdmoney']I think Microsoft has created a perception problem about what downloadable content is on xbla. The early positioning and branding of xbla with mainly retro revivals and small popcap games combined with early file size limits and a rigid pricing structure, has put them in an awkward marketing position as downloadable games expand in scope. I don't think you have these same issues on the PS3 which much earlier blurred the lines between full retail games and downloadable games, by offering "full" game releases sooner on PSN. Likewise on Steam everything is downloadable, so there is no overall perception of what downloadable content should be priced at, in the end gamers decide with their wallet.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can go along with your reasoning there. There is a perception problem for sure. Since Steam has such a wide variety of price ranges, I don't feel like some games are artificially inflated in price just to stay in line with some weird pre-established heirarchy. Since its a more reasonable market based sales model, prices tend to be far more well balanced.

Still, I honestly don't think a re-release should (generally) cost as much as a new product. I definitely don't want to stifle creative endeavors on a smaller scale (more old school RPGs please!), I just think there should be more flexibility on the pricing.

Then next games that should get a price drop are the Penny Arcade ones. Especially since they announced that there will be no further games in the series. Both have been available in a $15 two-pack on PSN for awhile.

Got NHL 3 on 3 and it's kinda lame if you like real hockey.

There's also a HUGE advantage if your opponent has 3 players or even 2 and you're with 2 AIs.

I think this will be more of a 2 on 2 party game with friends for me. 3 on 1 sucks.

bread's done
Back