XBLA - Puzzle Aracde - 800 pts - 12/24

newantt

CAGiversary!
bannerdefault.jpg

Puzzle Arcade is the online jigsaw game with a twist! With so many jigsaw puzzles at your fingertips, you can play in multiple modes and challenge yourself differently every time. Become Master of the Jigsaw Universe all by yourself or play alongside friends. The possibilities are endless in Puzzle Arcade.

• Puzzles galore: More than thirty-five jigsaw puzzles are included, featuring photos, artwork, and illustrations. Downloadable puzzle packs will follow.
  • Multiple game modes: Try Classic or Turbo mode, with three levels of difficulty, and twenty different puzzle challenges.
  • Multiplayer: Support is provided for up to four gamers at the same console and over Xbox LIVE®.
  • Camera support: The game includes Xbox LIVE Vision Camera support allowing you to make and share your own puzzles.
Release: Dec. 24th, 2008
Price: 800 pts

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/puzzlearcadexboxlivearcade/

Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/puzzle-arcade/achievements/

This is what there putting out on Christmas Eve. Pass for me...

hmm was figuring that this would come out tomorrow. If this was 400 points, I would probably get it. 800 and it depends on the designs and how it controls

[quote name='fart_bubble']hmm was figuring that this would come out tomorrow. If this was 400 points, I would probably get it. 800 and it depends on the designs and how it controls[/quote]

Yeah, for 400 It'd be a maybe for me too. The way I see it, Microsoft is releasing this for there casual/family crowd on Christmas.

I kinda dig the demo myself.

From a lot of the comments that I've seen, it does make me wonder if people actually know how expensive puzzles are nowadays

[quote name='fart_bubble']I kinda dig the demo myself.

From a lot of the comments that I've seen, it does make me wonder if people actually know how expensive puzzles are nowadays[/quote]

Jigsaw puzzles can be really expensive depending on where you go. I pick mine up at the dollar stores.

Not to mention you get 30-some puzzles with this game, a free puzzle of the week each week, dynamic puzzles that change as you make them, multiple game modes, the ability to play each puzzle with different piece types, shapes, and number of pieces, from 16 pieces, to something in the thousands, multiple difficulty modes for each one, multi-layer fractal puzzles, online and offline multiplayer, the ability to make puzzles out of your own pictures, and future DLC.

It's not MY dream XBLA game by a LONG shot, but really, this game is pretty packed, and well put together, for 10 dollars. It's like 25 cent per puzzle, and each puzzle can be played a multitude of ways.

I was impressed by the demo. If I had friends who would like to play this with me, or my sisters liked to play game on my 360, I'd probably get it. I might get it myself at some point just because of easy fun and achievements.

And there are a good amount of community games going for 400 points that feel like 800 pts XBLA games. Like the Carneyvale game. This is a great time overall on XBLA... no need to look down on it!

I ended up picking this up last night (mom when a bit wild on the $15 point cards at Target). Honestly, its quite a bit of fun and the controls have been implemented quite well. Only thing I don't like is not being able to save your progress on a puzzle which makes a 1000 piece puzzle a bit hard.

you can save your progress........just exit the puzzle through the menus, and when you exit it asks you if you want to save. next time you start it up, you can resume your puzzle.

not sure, but it appears that you can save mutliple unfinished puzzles.......

[quote name='EvyLou']you can save your progress........just exit the puzzle through the menus, and when you exit it asks you if you want to save. next time you start it up, you can resume your puzzle.

not sure, but it appears that you can save mutliple unfinished puzzles.......[/QUOTE]

Really? I never noticed it telling me that I could do that. Thanks for the heads up

bread's done
Back