XBLA - PuzzleQuest: Galactrix - 1600pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

D3Publisher of America and Infinite Interactive Announce a Captivating New Odyssey to Conquer With Brand New Videogame Puzzle Quest: Galactrix!

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Thrilling casual and hardcore gamers alike with the announcement, D3Publisher of America, Inc. and Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd. today confirmed their partnership for the development ofbrand new videogame Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, a rich new addition to the beloved Puzzle Quest universe. The game incorporates a powerful blend of casual and hardcore gameplay elements, similar to those adored by fans of the critically acclaimed Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, into an all-new futuristic, science-fiction setting. Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is scheduled for release in Fall 2008.
“This extension of the Puzzle Quest brand establishes D3Publisher of America’s first franchise, and exploring science fiction adventures in the Puzzle Quest universe is a natural extension of the product, ” said Bill Anker, vice president, business development and licensing, D3Publisher. “Infinite Interactive made magic in a classic fantasy setting with Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, so D3Publisher is excited to be on board for a sci-fi odyssey into the future with Puzzle Quest: Galactrix.”

“D3’s support of our inventive experiment to create compelling gameplay based on a combination of puzzles, strategy and role-playing reaped fantastic rewards for us and for game fans of multiple genres,” said Steve Fawkner, President and Lead Designer of Infinite Interactive. “For Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, our development team will persist in that vein and introduce an innovative hexagonal puzzle board to the mix, along with a deeply immersive new science-fiction setting and storyline that gamers will find irresistible.”
In Puzzle Quest: Galactrix a horrifying scientific accident has provoked another race to attempt extermination of humankind; players will create a persistent pilot who gains skills, crafts items, maneuvers among the universe’s political factions, and upgrades the ultimate space fleet as they attempt to end the genocide. An innovative hexagonal puzzle board allows for a wide range of strategic depth as it heeds to gravity according to a player’s location in the game universe. A rich and detailed storyline and fresh gameplay elements make the world of Puzzle Quest: Galactrix a captivating new adventure to explore and conquer.

Puzzle Quest: Galactrix is under development by Infinite Interactive Pty. Ltd., confirmed for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Windows PC and the Nintendo DS™ handheld system. The game is currently rated “RP” (Rating Pending) by the ESRB.
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20080225005460&newsLang=en

Images taken from: http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/02/25/sci-fi-puzzle-quest-galactrix-is-headed-to-xbla/

More info as it arrives...Liked the first one but I like the idea of the Sci-Fi version better.

No PSP version???
The PSP Puzzle Quest was the best version, in my opinion. It had the best graphics and you could play it on the go. I really hope they make a PSP version... I love the first one and still play it all the time.

I hope the sci-fi story isn't the only change. Hopefully a better inventory system is made and better use of your allies would rock. Loved the first one. Got all 200 achievement points.

I really enjoyed the first one but from the looks of it, it has a resemble lance to Hexic HD. Might pick this one up day one, but we'll see.

Oh noes, more Puzzle Crack... I guess I ought to finish the first one though (I'm *so* close to the end but just stopped playing it to get to some of my retail games). But yeah, I could see picking this one up in the Fall.

I loved the first one and love cheesemints but I'll probably get this one on the DS so I can play it on the go. :whistle2:(

[quote name='wubb']I loved the first one and love cheesemints but I'll probably get this one on the DS so I can play it on the go. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Don't lie wubb. You'll get it for the cheesemints.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Sorry for posting on an old thread but the demo of Galactrix is available on PC apparently since the 23rd!
http://files.filefront.com/Puzzle+Quest+Galactrix+Demo/;13070177;/fileinfo.html

Does that mean the demo is close by for the 360, maybe next week?!^ ^

Edit: Pretty decent demo, had to get used to how the gems fell, (fall to where you clicked last). More crack with hints of Space Rangers 2![/quote]

The Xbox Forum for the game got made on the 31st of January but no splash page ever got made. (Guess I never found it, if your search nothing comes up but there is a page: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pqgalactrixxboxlivearcade/

As for a release, the splash page says 2/24/2008, but that lands it on a Tuesday...Maybe on the 25th?

http://forums.xbox.com/1233/ShowForum.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lordwow']Joystiq is saying it may hit at 1600 ($20)... that's a little much for me, even if I played the crap out of the first.[/quote]

I paid $20 for the DS version of Puzzle Quest and definitely got my money's worth. I think $20 is worth the price for a game like this, but I think I will stick with the DS version for Galactrix as well, just because it is more convenient (for me) to play a game like this on a portable.

Shit, I just noticed the DS version is $30 this time. Screw that. Makes the XBLA version look much better now.

If this game is as good as its predecessor, I think twenty bucks is well worth the asking price for the XBLA version. Granted, you can't resell it, but the first game was pretty lengthy, and you're getting HD graphics and Live multiplayer. Oh, and Achievements.

It's all game-to-game on these XBLA prices. In my opinion, most 1200-1600 point games aren't worth it. This one most likely is.

[quote name='Brainwave0']It's a shame there's no one around such as an OP or MOD to fix that title.;)

**COUGH**LinkinPrime**COUGH**[/quote]

Sorry for the delay...fixed.

[quote name='lordwow']I think it's fair to assume this is hitting at 1600.[/quote]Probably a safe bet it'll be 1600 pts.

Puzzle Quest started at 1200 pts and dropped to 800 pts, then the DLC for it was 800 pts as well, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was 1600 pts out of the gate.

[quote name='fart_bubble']Next week? Who knows[/QUOTE]

I dunno about next week. Watchmen comes out next Wed at a reported 1600 point price. I really can't see two 1600 point games coming out at the same time. That might be a little too much sticker shock for anyone.

[quote name='jollydwarf']If this game is as good as its predecessor, I think twenty bucks is well worth the asking price for the XBLA version. Granted, you can't resell it, but the first game was pretty lengthy, and you're getting HD graphics and Live multiplayer. Oh, and Achievements.

It's all game-to-game on these XBLA prices. In my opinion, most 1200-1600 point games aren't worth it. This one most likely is.[/QUOTE]

I was worried it may not be as good as the original. Mostly because I am not a fan of the sci-fi space stuff. After playing 5 minutes of the PC version there is no doubt in my mind that I will buy this the second it hits XBLA. I just hope the wait isnt too long.

PS: The hacking mini game is a great addition:)

I wonder if they're holding it back to release simultaneously with the PSN version.

[plug]Also, I had an interview with Infinite Interactive about Galactrix and their style of games that you can read here.[/plug]

Yea I can't play the pc demo anymore, I've literally squeezed all the life out of it lol. Found it funny you could travel to places where there was nothing to do. I do enjoy the hacking mini game as well.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea I can't play the pc demo anymore, I've literally squeezed all the life out of it lol. Found it funny you could travel to places where there was nothing to do. I do enjoy the hacking mini game as well.[/QUOTE]

Good thing you enjoy the hacking mini-game because you have to do it over and over again in the full game.

[quote name='whiptcracker']Good thing you enjoy the hacking mini-game because you have to do it over and over again in the full game.[/quote]

Yea so I read with the Gamesradar review last night. They wanted more battles and one thing that really pissed me off with the original PQ was the constant spawning of creatures, which made me deterrent of traveling. Good thing there is quick battle though.

Lol yea I've also been playing that demo but its just one battle so its a bit like a tease.

Tried it...not impressed. Too much story, and the space setting just isn't doing it for me. I really wanted to like this too :(

After playing the full game for a while longer I think I changed my mind about buying this. It just lacks something. I always feel like I am just wandering around, maybe taking a mission or two every so often. Doesnt really give me any reason to kill. A real shame.

Where the flip is this game? DS and PC versions came out last week, and the XBLA version didn't come out either last week or this week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Where the flip is this game? DS and PC versions came out last week, and the XBLA version didn't come out either last week or this week.[/quote]

Yea I am guessing the Watchmen game has more priority to Microsoft but I agree, where is it?!:cry:

I agree with the people that have played it.

It is just not as good as the first PQ. Not even close.

I would go into why and also urge those to save their money, but sadly, you likely will grab it anyways, thinking they can't have taken that far of a step back..I know I thought that too. :cry:

I've been playing it and enjoying it, but I'm still confused as to why I get attacked by ships of factions I'm in good standing with. It makes visiting galaxies I should be fine with more annoying to visit when I'm chased by some rogue ship as soon as I enter them.

I wanted to like this game, really you can't tell from the demo, but I heard a lot of feedback all over the net so I'll just wait for a price reduce unfortunately. The hacking gameplay just seemed to ruin this game.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I've been playing it and enjoying it, but I'm still confused as to why I get attacked by ships of factions I'm in good standing with. It makes visiting galaxies I should be fine with more annoying to visit when I'm chased by some rogue ship as soon as I enter them.[/QUOTE]

If you carry contraband cargo, you will be attacked regardless of your good faction standing.

Thanks, I'm hoping that's all it was.

I like the hacking puzzle for the jumpgates, but it's the fact that there are at least two or three for each of the several dozen galaxies on the map and you have to hack them all to get to pretty much every area. I know the network for them goes down at the beginning of the game, but there has to be some way to still keep the player from having to play that minigame so much so quickly and still be able to provide some obstacle froming breezing through the universe from place to place. Maybe the whole faction thing would have been sufficient as the main obstacle between galaxies or maybe have some kind of upgrade you get to start auto-hacking easy gates so you're stuck with the medium gates or higher. Even having one of the early story missions involving you fixing the network and then finding out who was behind it could be a way to solve it while furthering the story.

I do like that the early BS where the AI pulls incredible chains out of their ass from the first game has been mostly fixed, so I've only been killed with a huge attack one or twice in about the first 10 hours or so that I've played it. I like the mining minigame and haggling minigames, but the hacking game is shoved in my face too much.

You wonder if a simple playtesting phase would have helped this game. It just seems like anyone who plays the game would have the similar reaction you, others and I have said. How's the online battles?

bread's done
Back