XBLA - Raskulls -12/29/10 - 800 points

CouRageouS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
raskulls.png

Brought to you by Halfbrick Studios, the team behind iPhone favorites Fruit Ninja and Monster Dash.

Trailer:

Anyone else playing this? Crazy frantic multiplayer fun here. Played 4 player local for a few hours during Christmas, needs more stages ASAP. Anyone else playing, feel free to add me for multiplayer or leaderboards.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the top left of the blue prints menu, there are icons for Ilomilo and Raskulls, select them and it'll let you download the trials for both games.

If anyone buys this, add me. Can't seem to get a 4 player online game going. Just 1 on 1 but I guess understandable since its prerelease.

What I like about Raskulls is that it takes something that could have been a small iPhone app and turned it into a full fledged title. I love the other Halfbrick games and their humor. I love doing the leaderboard stuff even though only currently 2 people on my friends list have the game. The single player looks to be easily expandable with DLC and hopefully with Halfbrick being a mobile developer, their updates will come free of charge like with their apps. Playing 4 player co-op all night Christmas with people screaming and the OOHs of close calls and WTFs of knocking each other back when you reach a small entrance definitely helped me fall in love with Raskulls. Its like Mr Driller had a love child with Mario Kart. Again, if anyone picks up the game please do add me.

That being said, the game needs an update because some things are glitchy.

- Some of the leaderboards don't seem to work correctly.

- Sometimes your unlocked characters will disappear. All you have to do it go back into single player and they all give you the unlock prompts for them. Odd.

- You unlock a Halfbrick character for reaching Rank 10 online, then once you exit the game and return he just disappears from the select screen never to be seen again.

- The achievement to win 5 games online doesn't seem to work correctly. I've won more than 5 games, even won more 5 games consecutively. The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is won 5 games in the same group of people online. So I'm thinking the in game counter resets when you join a new game.

- This has only happened to me once but one time I was way ahead of everyone and was in the finish line, and the game never awarded me first place. My raskull just started going the celebration dance. Everyone else arrived and it still didn't show me at first. The game took a long pause and then suddenly it showed me as 4th. Someone else playing started laughing and said this game is rigged!!!

Fruit Ninja is pretty, but terribly shorted lived (for me, anyway) and Monster Dash is a very good running game and I have played it a fair amount on my iPhone, but it's still just a running game - a me too effort, of an inherently limited genre. There's nothing in those titles that makes me think they have what it takes to make a fully fledged game, other then graphics and style. Which is not to say that I won't check the demo out, but I'm not exactly finding myself drawn to downloading it, other then as a curiosity - the shallow iPhone game dev gone 360. Perhaps I'll be surprised by it when I do. I hope so.

I think they could have taken a level or two of Raskulls and made it into a small best score/time mobile game but instead expanded it into a world of levels with lots of leaderboards. I think the quick feeling of "just one more try" to see much better you can do from their apps makes it way to lot of the levels here.

Also have you played Age of Zombies? Its just another dual stick shooter, but I felt they did enough and their twist on it made it worth the 99 cents. It went on sale last week, not sure if it still is.

I don't dislike Monster Dash actually, even though it's yet another running game, but Monster Dash is only 99 cents, not $10. It was worth a dollar. I haven't tried Age of Zombies as I'm not a big dual-stick shooter fan. I do like M. Bug Panic and I liked Max Adventure pretty much (only the adventure part, though it's short.) I'll probably pick up Age of Zombies at some point as I'm sure I'll get a dollar worth of fun out of it. The big question is is Raskulls a dollar worth of fun priced at $10? I will check out the demo when I get a chance though.

Yeah that finish line not recognizing me thing has happened to me once as well, during the mummy curse chase. I too was really ahead of the AI so maybe you and I broke the game lol. This game is close to Super Meat Boy where you just have to be perfect to get a good time and is a neat spin on platforming.

Tried the demo last night - seems like a game that would be fun if you definitely had friends to play with, especially split screen. On my own, I don't see getting much out of it.

bread's done
Back